00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GISH DEMO RELEASED!

6,605 Views | 68 Replies

GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 08:22:01

The Gish demo is now up and ready to download!
Download it now at http://www.chroniclogic.com/demo/gishdemo.exe

and those of you who have the full game MUST update to v1.5 here

I know a lot of you guys had some questions about the full game, so I composed a little Q&A

Q: What type of game is it?
A: Gish is a one of a kind physics based 2d side scroller with a focus on a new and refreshing control style and state of the art lighting and physics. Using his gelatinous body he is able to adapt to his surroundings, become sticky to climb walls, slick to slide through tight cracks and heavy to break through cracked walls and unsuspecting bad guys faces. by expanding his body at a rapid rate gish is able to squish himself down and expand to quickly project himself through the air and attach to almost anything in his path.

Q: How many levels does it have?
A: Gish has over 34 single player levels in story mode that span over 5 chapters, not including over 5 bonus levels to find and explore.
A collection mode with over 23 distinctly different levels for you to put your gishy skills to the test and compete against other players (eventually online) for highscores,
and a VS mode where you and a friend can duke it out in over 5 different scenarios ranging from a sumo fight to a game of football.

Q: How many hours gameplay wise does it take to beat? I wanna get my moneys worth.
A: Gish will take the average gamer about 8+ hours to beat, but with unlockable modes and over 55 secrets trust me you will be going back for more.

Q: Boss fights are a must in 2d side scrollers, does gish have bosses?
A: Hell yes there are bosses! From teams of feces filled sacks to incubus spawning twin sisters to Satan himself.. The fun never ends!

Q: Does this game have replay value?
A: After beating all 34 levels in story mode, finding all 55+ hidden secrets, unlocking all 5 hidden bonus levels. You still have over 24 collection levels to break apart and 5 Vs modes for literally infinite hours of gameplay.

Q: Is it a flash game?
A: No, Gish is a full fledged PC title coded in C. With fully physics based worlds, real time lighting and shadows, specular cell shading and a cast of over 18 fully animated baddies this game will push the limits further then any 2d game you've ever experienced.

Q: 2d Is old news, that went out with SNES, why don't you release it on GBA?
A: I think the hip term is "old school". Growing up with ground breaking titles like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Ms. Pacman the best experiences I've had when it comes to video games were in 2d, and i just think it would be an appropriate way to start my video game career the same way the people I looked up to did, just with the technology of today.

But really Gish is something you need to play to understand. Over 6 months of my life went into making this game, and im very very proud of the outcome.

Support independent game developers! And enjoy the free demo :)

-Edmund
Special thanks to Stamper, Rift, Tom, Jose and Synj without your kind words and support these last 2 months would have killed me. You guys kick ass.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 08:47:21

simply amazing, awsome game. Thanks for the demo, the game is stunning. That was 6 months well spent man.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 09:29:23

I haven't yet got the demo, dl as I type. No doubt it will be badass, much like myself....

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 10:01:18

Gish is an awesome game! I love the way Gish really looks like a piece of...whatever Gidh is. Good Job, Making a game and getting it onto a computer to sell. How do you do that, get it published?

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 10:16:29

Great

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 10:33:18

I had a little problem with it. It tampered with my screens settings. :(

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 10:47:26

Ok. It seems really nice.
I can't get to fucking jump higher than 1 inch. Seriously. I can't jump high. WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 11:12:34

sweet game man

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 11:21:53

At 5/18/04 10:47 AM, F-13_TrashLock wrote: Ok. It seems really nice.
I can't get to fucking jump higher than 1 inch. Seriously. I can't jump high. WTF?

The game explains it - you jump when he's at his flattest state to raise the height of the subsequent jump.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 11:24:06

how do you compress him to his flatest state?

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 11:40:28

Fuck I Have Benn Waiting For The Demo For Ages , if ITs Anygood Im Gunna Buy It , Which it probs is

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 11:55:31

nice , ive just played it , its hard , the way u have to get the exact time to press space again , i got stuck on the first bit of level two , what a challenging game ,it is fucking nice

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 13:03:23

It looks very good, if it is at the right price i will probably buy it

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 14:00:33

dude...your my hero...if I had money I would buy this game and donate whatever was left over...you da man

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 14:03:18

Will there be a mac version!?

GISH DEMO RELEASED!

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 14:03:30

It's a great game, but I won't be buying, didn't interest me enough for that.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 14:45:40

The Game just pwnz me.. The physics!! AH OMG!!! I will shock you but i order now :P

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 15:26:28

I just downloaded again for the Update,

I thought it couldnt get any better , I''m glad I was wrong! :)

Excellent job guys

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 15:36:48

spectacular

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 15:41:32

Looks like a cool game!

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 15:52:44

Q: Will there be a Mac version!?
A: Yes! Mac and Lynx versions are on their way.

Q: I can't get to fucking jump higher than 1 inch. Seriously. I can't jump high. WTF?
A: Gish controls like no other game and getting the controls down will take a little time, my only recommendation is to not think of Gish as jumping with the space bar, you expand with the space bar, so the more compacted you are when you press the space
bar the further you will fly.

Q: How do you compress him to his flattest state?
A: There are a lot of different techniques to jumping high, the most common is to bounce up and down till you reach the desired height, the other is to simply hold stick and
roll yourself flat while holding down then press space. Once you get the hang of the controls not only will gish move 2 times as fast, but you should also be able to do a single standing jump to almost any suspended surface.

Q: Making a game and getting it onto a computer to sell. How do you do that, get it published?
A: Gish is being published by Chronic logic off their site, and will soon be sold off many other websites around the net, anyone with the right knowledge and drive can do this, just read up about it online.

-Edmund

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 16:06:02

Congratulations in creating a truly badass game, the physics of the game was the most impressive of all and most obviously its gameplay. Good games don't need good graphics... just good gameplay! Fun Fun

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 16:11:28

Edmund Gish is awsome when will it be shiped to stores cuase I can't order online.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 16:37:23

Finally i can try it out without playing, GREAT

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 16:37:50

I would like to download it but don't have my pc back yet. So when it is back up i will play it.

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 17:01:01

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 17:55:50

The update is great! I love the new blood effects, sounds, and multiplayer games. The play room's awesome as well. It's useful for when I'm stuck at a level and have nothing to do (like now, at Level 3 of the Church... the part with the U-shaped tubes has me stumped!)

Once again, great job!

BBS Signature

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 18:14:51

Wow this game kickes ass,the controls are a little hard but its pretty neat.Sorry though Im not ganna buy it,no money...

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 18:21:32

wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to GISH DEMO RELEASED! 2004-05-18 18:26:02

wow, awsome game man, well done

derp