00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,122 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 13:49:53

Thanks for the review, Manic. And BTW, in post production I'm going to redo all of it. Add more colorful words, action, no repeatance. No sentences starting with "And"

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 15:16:05

At 2/26/05 01:28 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Scroll up this page and take alookj at what i posted will ya?

Ahh, yes that one. I read it a while back. Here is what i say is good of it: It is creative and very descriptive, though some of your comparisons (similes and metaphors) are a bit confusing.

Though, the major flaw that stuck out to me was the paragraphing; they were just way off... and there were twice as many as there should have been. So work on paragraphing, otherwise it is great. Very creative and very visual... you really got inside my imagination. ^_^

errrrrr ok then. Main tourist attractions are the Bull ring shopping centre, Sea life centre, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr god....i can;t think now gimme a bit and I'll ahvea think ask coop aswell he live in the same kind of area and may know mroe than me.

Hmm, okay, well if you come up with anything. Do tell, please. ^_^

Coop, can you help owith the birmingham matter as well as the W.O.W. too?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 15:53:07

At 2/26/05 03:16 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Ahh, yes that one. I read it a while back. Here is what i say is good of it: It is creative and very descriptive, though some of your comparisons (similes and metaphors) are a bit confusing.

I'll work on it. Its a rough versiuon anyway I haven't made any commitments for it so I'm gonna take my time over it and re write bits and pieces.

Though, the major flaw that stuck out to me was the paragraphing; they were just way off... and there were twice as many as there should have been. So work on paragraphing, otherwise it is great. Very creative and very visual... you really got inside my imagination. ^_^

hmmmmmm damn I'll have to re read it now and see where the problems are :-\

Hmm, okay, well if you come up with anything. Do tell, please. ^_^

a lot of Brum was built in the industrial revolution so.......19th century I think that was someone corretc me if I'm wrong. There are more canals in Brimingham than there are in Venice, Birmingham prould y is the birthplace of Ozzy Osborne.........it is the curry capital of the country(*might be the world but I'm not sure) and it is locate din the west midlands and we get our water from the river severn.

Is there anythign esle you wanna know specificly? if so just ask ^_^

oh I'll be posting a poem whihc is going to be a part of my cult/cop thign I'm starting to write later.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 17:09:18

it was rather dark but I liked it. its a nice piece and I enjoyed reaidng it and there isnt much else I can say really.,

First. Im 24. Second, its a real event in my life. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 17:29:11

I don't think i did formally invite you WhiteFang, so welcome (glad to finally see you around NG and not just the crypt). BTW your last lit post was very deep. I enjoyed the read.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 18:58:42

Has anyone thought of my Contest Ideas? I think it would be great to have for those days that you need a topic.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 19:06:09

At 2/26/05 06:58 PM, CaptainT wrote: Has anyone thought of my Contest Ideas? I think it would be great to have for those days that you need a topic.

Oh ya, you wanted me to explai nwhat 'Meter' means: It is the pattern of syllables (or beats) in a line.

And the idea seems cool, since it is poetry, i will be in for sure, but since it really isn't all that serious, we mind as well vote right in the thread. Just vote for your fav, i don't think ppl's feelings will be hurt if they are not voted for. Or people can vote Gold, Silver Bronze... where Gold gets 3 point, Silver gets 2 and Bronze gets 1... then when al lthe voting is daid in done, we tally the votes and award the appropriate 'medals'. Just ideas. ^_^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 21:16:23

At 2/25/05 11:15 PM, CaptainT wrote: I'd like to start a contest. I was thinking of a writing contest consisting of three Regulations.

i like this idea. does it have to have a complete ending or can it be a "to be continued" thing?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 21:28:37

Lazer12, are you an alt account, or are you just new? I am curious, because we don't get too many 'new' members around here and if you are an alt, i might be out of the loop not realizing it. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 21:30:58

I think it would be best to have a time limit. Such as maybe three days or 72 hours exactly. (we could add that to the regulations of three)

If there was a situation where everything went well, but people missed the competition or wanted to trysomething that they hadn't had the chance to, we would have Repeat/Retry Competitions. Like Fire Poem and Fire Poem 2.
Understand?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 21:55:16

I got it, when does the first comp. start CT?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 21:58:49

How about now?

Competition #1
Rules:
Description
250 words or less
Time limit 9PM of 02/27/2005

Describe a Toy Factory/Workshop, be creative.

(If its too unreal, its too good)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 22:00:18

Hey bro, you need to chill out there. ^_^ I better go thank DP for the sig. Check ya in a bit.

P.S. I liked the Wing-Eater poem.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 22:28:45

At 2/26/05 10:00 PM, JCross wrote: Hey bro, you need to chill out there. ^_^

Don't play with fire, boy.

I better go thank DP for the sig. Check ya in a bit.

You better. It is a sweet sig.

P.S. I liked the Wing-Eater poem.

Merci mon ami!

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-26 22:30:26

At 2/26/05 09:58 PM, CaptainT wrote:

Competition #1
Rules:
Description
250 words or less
Time limit 9PM of 02/27/2005

Describe a Toy Factory/Workshop, be creative.

If you could post the Competition information like this above you entry, everyone would know what you were writing.

Be sure to Name Your Work!

I set up an e-mail address that we can post results at Yahoo the account is VoteBestWriter.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 05:03:17

At 2/26/05 05:29 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I don't think i did formally invite you WhiteFang, so welcome (glad to finally see you around NG and not just the crypt). BTW your last lit post was very deep. I enjoyed the read.

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't been talking in a long while. And this is the reason why.

If you have a deviantart account, please comment, if not, make one and then comment.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 11:12:36

At 2/26/05 05:09 PM, -WhiteFang- wrote::

First. Im 24. Second, its a real event in my life. ^^

lol I only named a school project as an example as a number of thigns that have been posted for review in here have come from kids and the pieces are going to be handed in as part of a project or soemthign along thsoe lines.

guys I need some help. I wanna write a piece of poetry for my novle Im gonna start about the cult and cop thing but I can't write it cause i can't think what to put. Van any of you provide some form of inspiration for me? Maybe have a quikc go of writing a poem that could be used as a prophecy for me to use as a basis or soemthign? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 12:42:51

I'm sorry myst I forgot about the story I was supposed to do I'll get to work on the rest of it I guess I was too lazy but I should be done thursday if I don't forget

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 14:36:40

At 2/27/05 12:42 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: I'm sorry myst I forgot about the story I was supposed to do I'll get to work on the rest of it I guess I was too lazy but I should be done thursday if I don't forget

lol, Okay man. No prob. ^_^

White Fang, i added you to my friends list btw. For DA that is.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:02:04

has anyone posted any good work I should take a look at

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:11:44

At 2/27/05 03:02 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: has anyone posted any good work I should take a look at

Well, my story has gotten some good reviews, though it's back in the 40s and 60s. It's the only writing I've submitted to the thread, so feel free to have a browse.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:14:15

mat I ask the theme of this work you posted

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:37:34

At 2/27/05 03:14 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: mat I ask the theme of this work you posted

Yes, you may. It was fantasy. Think something along the lines of LotR and the Hobbit, but the writing style is definately my own.

It's worth reading at least once, just ask Myst.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:43:20

do you know the exact page or did you post it here and there................" may"

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:43:41

At 2/27/05 03:37 PM, Coop83 wrote: It's worth reading at least once, just ask Myst.

IT IS! ^_^

Hey Coop, did you ever answer my questions about WOW? I think it was at the bottom of the last page.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:47:00

At 2/27/05 03:43 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: do you know the exact page or did you post it here and there................" may"

I serialised the first two chapters. Look for LONG posts, bearing my name. It was one post a day for 8 days with both sets, so you should find them with relative ease... I hope.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:50:03

At 2/26/05 01:25 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Coop, i was curious about World Of Warcraft and was wondering what race, class etc your new character is. I am thinking that as soon as May comes around, i will be getting it (I will be old enough for a credit card by then)... because i checked out the site and it looks sick, plus i havnt played video games in a while and i always did enjoy the Warcraft series (owning them all).

Sorry, Myst, I completely missed this.

I've got a Night Elf Hunter (Bow and Dagger combo, with spells and a black Tiger, called Fluffy)
and I've also got a Human Paladin (Hammer, with the healing and holy damage of the Gods.)

Great characters, both, but I'd have a look about, there are 8 races and about 5 classes for each race. That's at least 40 combinations.

You will enjoy it... That I guarantee.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 15:51:56

does it have a title I'm looking through your stuff many stories just can't find the first part of the story

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 16:41:58

At 2/27/05 03:50 PM, Coop83 wrote: I've got a Night Elf Hunter (Bow and Dagger combo, with spells and a black Tiger, called Fluffy)

I would be elf no matter what too, but not sure what class.

Great characters, both, but I'd have a look about, there are 8 races and about 5 classes for each race. That's at least 40 combinations.

Ya, i noticed. I was looking on the site.

You will enjoy it... That I guarantee.

^_^ I wish i had it now.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-02-27 17:31:05

At 2/27/05 03:51 PM, repent_i_will_not wrote: does it have a title I'm looking through your stuff many stories just can't find the first part of the story

Bottom of this page is where it all begins.

I didn't realise it was so far back. Sorry.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature