00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thais1324 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Star Syndicate - Cheaters

41,919 Views | 748 Replies

Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 11:50:52

I have received information that certain NG members have been mass voting on their submissions and cheating the Newgrounds Portal to win awards, etc.

Some of these users have had their exp, blam, and save points reset to 0. I may restore their points if they fess up, apologize, and list and call for the removal of all of their tainted entries.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 11:52:31

I will also add I have a list of other NG users who have been involved in this and their points may also be reset to 0 if they don't encourage their partners in crime to fess up and cease all Portal abuse.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 11:52:57

FINALLY! I was thinking of e-mailing you about this because I had my suspicions, but I'm glad you figured this out.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 11:55:42

Nice going Wade. It's about time those idiots got busted.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 11:59:52

The Star Syndicate got pwned :D

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:03:16

Looks like j00bie got it....

Y'know, the Star Syndicate might be economical with the rules they chose to follow (allegedly), but they make some nice flashes. I'd be wary about scaring them away.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:07:43

They had me validated in their little club but I don't recall doing any of their dirty work.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:08:31

At 1/5/05 12:03 PM, Earfetish wrote: Looks like j00bie got it....

And ThreeStar
And FourStar...

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:09:36

Y'know, the Star Syndicate might be economical with the rules they chose to follow (allegedly), but they make some nice flashes. I'd be wary about scaring them away.

If they want to submit lots of half decent, or decent Flash, that's fine. However, if they are going to use tricks to change their IP's, make mass fake accounts with high experience to mass vote with, we're not going to sit by and let it happen. If they want to come clean and apologize and stop their cheating I'll gladly restore their points. However, if I learn of them fucking around again I may just clean house and remove all their accounts and movies.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:09:49

At 1/5/05 11:55 AM, mrpopenfresh wrote: Nice going Wade.

Indeed, Wade. Now if you can only get Eight Star and Slinky to shut the hell up about me... =P

Why the hell do you want to cheat, let alone on the internet??

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:12:08

Is it just me or have their been alot of portal problems being cracked down on recently, first the blam save point scandals, now this. Or have I just not been paying that much attention.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:12:52

who's on the "list"

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:14:28

At 1/5/05 12:12 PM, JusticeofSarcasm wrote: Is it just me or have their been alot of portal problems being cracked down on recently, first the blam save point scandals, now this. Or have I just not been paying that much attention.

Its my assumption that NG wants users to provide quality not quanity flash.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:14:54

Ohhh My God.
I'm so fucking happy that someone finally did something about these guys. But you know, they'll just break out their alt accounts and try harder now.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:15:39

At 1/5/05 12:08 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote:
And ThreeStar
And FourStar...

And SevenStar....and s/he was #30 in the B/P. S/he had better do some really good apologizing!

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:19:31

At 1/5/05 12:15 PM, Chrome- wrote: Okay, I shall admit that I have voted a few of their things in. Though I shall discontinue doing so.

The portal abuse shall end on my part.

Yeah I think I'll just stick to posting on forkheads and coming to NG from now on...

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:19:40

i only vote on how high the review is, if getting the underdog of the week award is good, i'll stop

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:20:21

At 1/5/05 12:08 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote:
And ThreeStar
And FourStar...

All the STars got reset like that I looked at the others.

The most I ever voted on any of the submissions was 2. That was a couple of daily toons I thought were funny. Others I have voted 0 becuase I thought they were crap.

Does this mean the one's submitting Piconjo got in trouble too?
Or the ones submitting The Mystic Kiss 1-5?

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:21:03

Also (I meant to put this in the other post), although I haven't cheated the system with their movies by voting down on them or giving tens for no reason, I voted five on the two Daily Toons that I was a part of every once in a while after they had no chance of getting awards for the movies. I guess that's not allowed so I think it's wise for me to stop that.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:22:46

Yes I protect their stuff. I'm not part of the SS though. I think they still deserved to be saved. a 3.00 is a little too much ofcourse. Though if the SS will still continue to submit stuff, I'll probably still vote over 2. Also look up other threads about the SS. There you can see more users who are not part of the SS still save it. And probably aren't told to do so.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:28:30

yhey, me = not owned!!1 thx for FORGETING ME, WAID!!! ^_^ <3

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:30:51

At 1/5/05 12:20 PM, deck_head_tottie wrote: Anyway, I'd like to apologise for protecting a couple of their movies.

For protecting??//?

Aaah. I've done that. I don't think there's anything wrong with protecting a poor movie. I enjoy the crappy movies, so long as they know they're crappy.

Yeah. I have no particularly strong affilation with the Star Syndicate, but I like their style. I've protected a lot of bad movies because I'm - ehr - crazy like that.

Anyway, I reckon a lot of the Dailytoons passed because people thought they'd pass anyway and voted for the protection point. The SS can't have enough members to safely get a movie through judgement.

And remember when Bedn hacked Macbeth's account and messed around with the review system, and you said, "aaah it's k, Bedn helps us to find holes in our security system with his little pranks,"? Surely you can take a similarly lenient attitude to this?

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:31:23

WADE!!!

I was a Level 19 with 5,195 saves and 14,643blams, I used to have 4,345 reviews, AND the Deity whistle.

What's going on?

Can you please put my stats back to those I had? I'm sorry if I got you upset. I tried to send you cookies but that failed. :(

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:35:25

deck head tottie you idiot. find out yourself.

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:36:17

This has nothing to do with the DailyToons and if they should be protected or not. This has to do with a group of users plotting to win awards, using methods to spoof their IP's, creating mass NG accounts, etc. If you just vote from a single account, that's fine, but when you submit 20 votes of 5 from 20 accounts, all with a vote power of 5 or greater, that's not cool. Also these multiple accounts were used to submit mass reviews to win Under Dog, etc.

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:37:13

This has to do with a group of users plotting to win awards, using methods to spoof their IP's, creating mass NG accounts, etc.

*gasp*.. does that mean I can keep doing what I'm doing?! YAY

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:37:26

If im trying to get the award 'Daily First' does this also means cheating the system?

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:41:24

wade has a point, but if the submission is bad, they'll want to vote on it to avoid blamsville, and if it's bloody good, they'll vote on it to get awards so you'll have to search about 200,000 flash movies/games to check if the actual author has voted on the submission then delete all their movies, will you delete the author as well?

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:41:28

At 1/5/05 12:36 PM, WadeFulp wrote: This has nothing to do with the DailyToons and if they should be protected or not. This has to do with a group of users plotting to win awards, using methods to spoof their IP's, creating mass NG accounts, etc. If you just vote from a single account, that's fine, but when you submit 20 votes of 5 from 20 accounts, all with a vote power of 5 or greater, that's not cool. Also these multiple accounts were used to submit mass reviews to win Under Dog, etc.

Its funny that they thought they would get away with the crap they kept submitting and saving. STAR SYNDICATE < DOG SHIT.
I tip my hat to you Wade for letting them know whos boss. Im suprised it took this long to enforce this. And by they way, they should not have thier points and exp. returned- If you make an example of them that will deter many others doing what they did. Plus, they are making NG much less enjoyable with mass accounts etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Star Syndicate - Cheaters 2005-01-05 12:42:41

At 1/5/05 12:41 PM, swordsmanX wrote: wade has a point, but if the submission is bad, they'll want to vote on it to avoid blamsville, and if it's bloody good, they'll vote on it to get awards so you'll have to search about 200,000 flash movies/games to check if the actual author has voted on the submission then delete all their movies, will you delete the author as well?

People were creating mass accounts to review and vote certain numbers to obtain certain awards. Nothing to do with quality of the movies

BBS Signature