00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RayRassaArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Japanese Culture Scares Me

2,832 Views | 34 Replies

Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:47:34

Am I the only person on earth that is watching these japanese commercials and looking at the lifestyle and getting really freaked out?

It's not like this is a major factor in my life, but I feel it is necessary for me to ask people if they really can respect a culture that created the "Domokun" which is essentially a marketing tool that looks like Jim Henson took a shit and decided to make some bucks off it.

I am still recovering from my earlier Yatta experience, and truth be told, I think theyre scarier than that Indian Tunak Tunak dude. Has anyone else seen that thing? used to be on superhappyfunplace.com, but it looks like it got shut down.

Please people. opinions. I need to know if i'm just crazy or if that island has gone totally bonkers.

-RedDyeNumber4

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:48:27

Ill agree japanese pop culture is freaky.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:48:56

I think you need to lay off the heroin.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:49:55

At 2/17/03 11:47 PM, RedDyeNumber4 wrote: looks like Jim Henson took a shit and decided to make some bucks off it.

Thats funny

JWQLKSNDMAOGLDKENQHAPELWKDMCAJMENAL DJKEIUBABELANDKHMYEFAS

LAMSNDKHFWLJKQRNZXPAPALEJDFHGNSXNCM ANQOEJFLSKDQNDASKQJRWG

QODMXNCBVJDKEWKQUAYSHWWMSKFHANXASKF LWMENSKFHSKALEDNASEWI

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:51:12

uhmm japansese if icould spell couture was developed by old japinese stuff and uhm america... case after wwii they ocupied the countery and and what not.. or so i hav been led to belive....

have you herda obut hte asina rasist people they go by like AZN or soming and there all like anti eveon but asians hum or so ive been told as well...

should istop regudgatiting stuff ihear?

don't be trash people

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:51:39

i think there is some good thing in their culture and some bad with ours, and vice verca

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:52:18

I think I speak for everyone afraid of Japanese culture when I say...

MOOEEE BWAINNNN!!!!

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:53:27

OK IF Japanese Culture Scares YOU YOU MUST CLICK HERE: http://www.mercuriusgames.com/downloads/Techno.mp3

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:53:32

Yeah, that video did a lot in prompting me to write this topic..

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:54:33

Haven't you ever thought about what the Japanese thought of Ronald McDonald, Barney, or the Teletubbies?

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:54:46

Yatta is kewel hahahah Ya i admit they are a bit weird....

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:55:53

I'm just freaked out by their obsession with feces.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:56:16

Speaking of McDonalds, they call him Donald McDonald, and their McDonalds actually bring in more revenue that any of the ones in the US. Sadly, I once did a research project on the topic.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:57:37

yes, they r scary, but theyve done very good things too, i mean, a lot of technologic stuff, and anime is cool, but they r still the country with higher child suicide in the world, ive heard some children even kill themselves when they flunk a test just because it was a dishonor to his family, and sometimes his parents kill themselves for the same reason, and even other family members, i dont think this is too common, but it happens there as in no other place, and im not joking

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:57:49

At 2/17/03 11:55 PM, agent66 wrote: I'm just freaked out by their obsession with feces.

...and rape, and piss, and underage girls, and tentacles, and demons, and robots, and transforming, and gener-bending, and pre-pubescent teen-boys that look like girls, and huge-eyes, and weird colored hair, and etc...

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:58:52

Japanese Culture is a direct reflection of media input from the US and Europe. I think it's funny as, and you'd be amazed at how many movies and television series produced in the US are rip-offs of Japanese movies, most recently Ring. If anything I find American culture a lil frightening, How many people actually think wrestlers are 'amazing' athletes? and the infomercials we are bombarded with are enough to make me fear American economic worship.. JAPANESE RULE!!!!!!! YAhahhahaHaHahhaHaha

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-17 23:59:28

At 2/17/03 11:54 PM, AvocadoClock wrote: Haven't you ever thought about what the Japanese thought of Ronald McDonald, Barney, or the Teletubbies?

Teletubbies is a British creation. Don't try to stick that ONE on America.

You can call us gun-crazy all you want, but we DIDN'T create the Satan-tubbies.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:00:50

At 2/17/03 11:57 PM, Keyser_Soze wrote:
At 2/17/03 11:55 PM, agent66 wrote: I'm just freaked out by their obsession with feces.
...and rape, and piss, and underage girls, and tentacles, and demons, and robots, and transforming, and gener-bending, and pre-pubescent teen-boys that look like girls, and huge-eyes, and weird colored hair, and etc...

and every other country is pefect?

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:01:09

At 2/17/03 11:57 PM, Keyser_Soze wrote:

no thats not just an asian thing thats coved by white trash white nerds white relgious people... uhm teen bisexual girls being all gothic or dramatic or whtever uhmmm yeah you cant blame the asians for everything its you have to be equal and people are all fcuked up equal thoruhg ethnoctric bacgounds

don't be trash people

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:01:55

At 2/17/03 11:58 PM, My-anus-is-BLEEDING wrote:

:How many people actually think wrestlers are 'amazing' athletes? and the infomercials we are bombarded with are enough to make me fear American economic worship.. JAPANESE RULE!!!!!!! YAhahhahaHaHahhaHaha

Yes, but the infomercials and wrestling appeal only to the impovrished or ignorant in America. Most Japanese seem at least moderately smart and yet Hehro Kitty rakes in thirteenhundredbillion dollars a year.

And what is their obsession with the adjective "Lucky"?

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:02:32

Sorry.. I meant 'POP' culture

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:04:21

I have nothing against japanese. But this is japanese and it scares me.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:04:24

And what is their obsession with the adjective "Lucky"?

Hey!! You wanna join the special lucky joy club?!?! I think that something to do with superstition, but Thai people are the one's who overuse words like that

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:06:44

By the way, In addition to the entire nation of Japan weirding me out, here's another thing that causes me mental anguish, people that move to the US from foreign countries to give their kids the benefits of living in the states, and then after moving here, decide to name their kids ashish, muhwlai and bwavnki. I'm french and italian, and had my parents named me Vincienzo or Pierre, I think I would have killed them and buried them in the backyard when I was 5. What right do these people have to fuck with their kids and move them to a place full of Johns and Sams with a name like Kwmbuli. Its like they secretly plan ahead that they will be the people who the substutite teachers will have to fear. "Jim Smith?... Molly Jameson?... Kuhmid Boqwheli??? Buqkwhili? Bakwhani???" Like they sit back and say to themselves. I want to move to a place that allows me more opportunities than anywhere else, but I want to remember the ethnicity of my homeland that I fucking LEFT! Jesus.

And when you get right down to it, Im pissed off at all immigrants that dont like the laws of the country. I mean come on. Why would you want to bitch about living here when this is probably the best country in existience barring switzerland and their sexy chocolate.

Am I the only person who is sick of hearing about the people who claim that the US is the devil when we are the only people who are willing to give them a fair trial for smashing a persons face in after burning a flag and shitting on a copy of the constitution? In Iraq they would remove your liver for that!

Fuck all, Im pissed, and Its 12:06.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:06:54

At 2/18/03 12:04 AM, HeinousDude wrote: I have nothing against japanese. But this is japanese and it scares me.

Sick, well it's still not as bad as: http://www.mercuriusgames.com/downloads/Techno.mp3

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:10:14

You know what culture scares me? Canadian.

Oh, you might say, "what culture?"

Exactly.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:11:31

At 2/18/03 12:10 AM, experiment_b wrote: You know what culture scares me? Canadian.

Exactly.

HEY! :P

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:13:49

At 2/18/03 12:06 AM, RedDyeNumber4 wrote: What right do these people have to fuck with their kids and move them to a place full of Johns and Sams with a name like Kwmbuli

Dude... what in the Hell. Who the Hell has the right to judge what's a normal name or not? There's a word for that, you know...

Ethnocentism. It's is the tendency to judge other cultures by the standards of your own culture. It's a way of saying your culture is superior to another.

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:14:19

At 2/18/03 12:11 AM, Mercurius wrote:
At 2/18/03 12:10 AM, experiment_b wrote: You know what culture scares me? Canadian.

Exactly.
HEY! :P

not so funny when its your culture, is it?

Response to Japanese Culture Scares Me 2003-02-18 00:15:22

At 2/18/03 12:13 AM, AvocadoClock wrote: Ethnocentism. It's is the tendency to judge other cultures by the standards of your own culture. It's a way of saying your culture is superior to another.

and it seems to be overflowing in this forum.