00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Represent A Country 2012 [Contest]

42,171 Views | 357 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-24 06:43:40

At 16 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Thanks for your confirmation guys!

So far we've had 6 confirmed out of 20. Very disappointing effort.

Ay,sorry for being a bit late to the party!

Anyways,attempting for a confirmation.

The Germanic Impressions piece ive been working on will be a 3/4 waltz with Austrian accents added to it. I dont really have a demo on me since im headed to school right now,but,i just came here to provide a little preview to the piece i've been writing.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-24 20:46:54

Sorry for being a bit late as well. I didn't realise I had to confirm again myself because I assumed my previous activity in the thread would cover it, so sorry about that.

As i've mentioned earlier in the thread, the recording for mine has been completed it's just i'm finding it hard to get the time to mix in. But another few weeks left till deadline? I'm sure i'll get it to some level i'm happy enough with by then so not too worried.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-24 21:41:31

At 23 hours ago, camoshark wrote:
At 8 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Thanks for your confirmation guys!

So far we've had 6 confirmed out of 20. Very disappointing effort.
I guess they're either working too hard on their song to reply, or they simply feel their active participation in the thread makes up for it.

Also, perhaps simply because they signed up only recently? I don't really feel they'd actually need to confirm their participation if they only JUST asked to participate...

In any case, hard at work on my piece right now, I'll eventually post a WIP. It's quite different from what I first had in mind, but I really like how it's turning out too, so I don't mind! :3

I made it very clear in messages and emails that people had to get in touch. However I do understand where people may be so confused. Anyway, so far now 9 people have confirmed so it's on the up! People who applied last week will also be counted as confirmed. Anyone else should post here or get in touch, otherwise I'll have to chase them up about it.

Thanks everyone who has confirmed and I'm glad to hear that the pieces are going well. We have just over 3 weeks until the deadline! The day after the deadline the running order and voting blocks will be revealed. Make sure you all stick around because your votes are required for the results!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-25 00:06:04

I emailed you my confirmation. Hopefully I'm not late.

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-25 06:52:35

At 6 hours ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote: I emailed you my confirmation. Hopefully I'm not late.

Nope! Not late! :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-25 06:55:12

The following countries are still left:

Armenia
Cyprus
Lebanon
Poland
San Marino
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
Ukraine

Anyone who wants to represent one of those countries and applies this weekend will have the country reserved for them! After that you get the country when you submit your entry.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-28 20:30:43

I'm just researching for now. Been super busy starting college and stuff, but I'll definitely have it finished by the due date.

P.S. Sorry for the lateness x(

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-29 04:26:21

Hey, guy. Just wanted to confirm that i was working on something, sorry i haven't been very vocal here, just been a lot going on sadly

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-29 09:03:04

I'm not quite sure how I could confirm that I've been listening and emulating American composers for the last 6 years. Specific concentration on Bernstein, Gershwin, Hayes, Williams, Horner, Giacchino, Copland, Harris, and Berlin just to name a few off the top of my head. I've also been a music major at an American university the last 2 years. Also I have about 3 tracks going for this comp already and haven't chosen which to concentrate on yet. Does that provide enough confirmation?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-29 22:57:46

Neon I PM'd you my confirm, I just want to make sure it's been counted as I've been heavy at work on my track. Cheers

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 06:37:06

Your confirmations are great guys! I can't wait to see what is brought to the table! :) I apologise to everyone for being a bit slow this week, lots and lots of deadlines due in the next coming week and a lot of stress! :P
That being said I've got this album cover to show you all! When the songs are all submitted they will be compiled so you can download them all at once as an RAC 2012 Album :) You will all be credited and links to your NG pages for the tracks will be included in the details :)

So here is the album cover designed by JebbaL!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 11:23:37

At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Your confirmations are great guys! I can't wait to see what is brought to the table! :) I apologise to everyone for being a bit slow this week, lots and lots of deadlines due in the next coming week and a lot of stress! :P
That being said I've got this album cover to show you all! When the songs are all submitted they will be compiled so you can download them all at once as an RAC 2012 Album :) You will all be credited and links to your NG pages for the tracks will be included in the details :)

Wow, awesome cover art!

I've been working heavily on my track, here's a demo track I made:
Link

It's really much more of a Smooth-Jazz Funk track, hope y'all enjoy!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 11:30:21

Is it to late to apply for Albania? I have started all ready

Name Of Act: Matthew Lightbound
email: antiscally@live.co.uk
Genre: Classical
Song Title: Secondhand stealing

At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Your confirmations are great guys! I can't wait to see what is brought to the table! :) I apologise to everyone for being a bit slow this week, lots and lots of deadlines due in the next coming week and a lot of stress! :P

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 13:19:28

At 6 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: So here is the album cover designed by JebbaL!

Is the slogan in the bottom-right corner changed on purpose? It should be 'Everything', not 'Everywhere'...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 13:31:27

At 11 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 6 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: So here is the album cover designed by JebbaL!
Is the slogan in the bottom-right corner changed on purpose? It should be 'Everything', not 'Everywhere'...

Of course, as in Everywhere, represented by Everyone...

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 15:38:11

At 4 hours ago, MustelaMatt wrote: Is it to late to apply for Albania? I have started all ready

It would be a pleasure for me to accept your application for Albania :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-01 16:47:43

At 3 hours ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Is the slogan in the bottom-right corner changed on purpose? It should be 'Everything', not 'Everywhere'...

I did indeed write that on purpose. Everywhere, as in all around the world :)

That wasn't the finalized image, though, so you guys can expect some minor changes/improvements on the actual thing!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-03 11:55:51

NeonProject my recording is now about 90% finished and i'll be uploading it shortly to get some feedback on the mix before the deadline however It's only 2:55 and looking back at the rules "Your track must be between 3:00 minutes and 4:00 minutes. In extreme circumstances we will allow ten seconds over and under."

I'm hoping I can become one of those "extreme circumstances"?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-03 12:20:29

So here's my 90% complete submission, hopefully it links properly in the forum because I've never done that before.

As my previous post said I'm looking for some feedback on the overall mix. I haven't been able to put as much time as I would have liked so there's some elements I'm not sure about. At the moment I feel the bass + kick drum might be drowning a few of the other instruments out while at the same time kind of works or at least I feel it does. Anyway any feedback will obviously help.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-03 14:08:09

I'll take a listen now and PM you some feedback, I'm always here and happy to help out :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-03 22:54:51

I'm fuckin' FINISHED bitches! *drops the mic*

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474447?updated=1

What?! You got somethin' to say?!

May or may not tweak it before the deadline.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-04 09:37:15

At 10 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I'm fuckin' FINISHED bitches! *drops the mic*

Do you want me to give some feedback for you to tweak?

Also... http://neonproject.newgrounds.com/news/post/675997 ;)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-04 13:07:09

At 14 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I'm fuckin' FINISHED bitches! *drops the mic*

May the influx of awesome world music onto NG begin :D

Reviewed in the track in my rap account (AxTekk) by accident, the song sounded VERY recognisably Turkish. Tis good stuff.

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-04 17:17:19

At 7 hours ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 10 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I'm fuckin' FINISHED bitches! *drops the mic*

Do you want me to give some feedback for you to tweak?

Also... http://neonproject.newgrounds.com/news/post/675997 ;)

Yeah, that'd be awesome. Honestly, I'm just glad my wife enjoys the finished product, but if I like the suggestions I'll do them, haha. I'm already messing with it based on AK... AKK.... that guy's suggestions.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-05 03:53:29

Sorry about this double post, but I've had a listen to in on a computer with good speakers and everything sounds great... Except the really terrible bass line I thought I could get away with... I'm going to have to change that.

Now, come on! I want to start seeing more submissions coming in!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-05 13:46:16

At 9 hours ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: Now, come on! I want to start seeing more submissions coming in!

YES! I want to see what's happening! :D

2 Weeks Until Deadline

Entry Influx

With 2 weeks until the deadline, you should all be aiming to complete and submit your entries at this time. I expect to start seeing more entries pop up, the sooner you send them in the more time I have to give you feedback which may help you collect more points along the way. I want everyone to do well and it would be amazing if the entries were of the highest standard possible. It's your job to make the Juries job really hard, why not take advantage of the help at hand? I'm also keeping an eye on the genre count of the entries so that the blocks can be distributed fairly and in a way that keeps the Podcast entertaining and dynamic. The Podcast interviews will be taking place during that week. The 19th is the date I will be checking what entries have been submitted... this means submit before that date, otherwise you will be classed as disqualified. This also means you will be banned from the RAC 2013 contest as you have failed to give notice of competition absence and essentially you've messed us around.

Entries So Far

So far we have 3 entries;
India (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470194)
Turkey (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474447)
Ghana (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/474332)

Please be supportive of your fellow acts, take a listen and leave a review. It's only polite! :)

I hope that everyone is well and I look forward to seeing the work being submitted over the next 14 days.
Take care!

NeonProject

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-10 17:05:29

BAMP.

How's everyone's project coming on? :D

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-10 17:54:48

At 47 minutes ago, AKACCMIOF wrote: BAMP.

Was about to do the same today :P

I'm having a few problems IRL, I might not be able to make it in time. I'll try as best I can, though, so don't count me out just yet!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-10 18:11:14

At 1 hour ago, AKACCMIOF wrote: BAMP.

Lol

I havea funny situation going on atm. Theoratically I have the song complete already in FL Studio, but only in the patterns, and whatever I do, I just can't combine the patterns so they actually blend into a song that doesn't sound like it's a combination of 1-minute long clips pasted behind each other. I either gotta scratch some stuff or think of really, really, REALLY good transitions.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-10 20:04:05

At 1 hour ago, raymanftw94 wrote: why don't you allow for any country isn't this a bit judgmental I'm from the united kingdom/Scotland is my country not important enough

Countries change from year to year, to create some form of diversity and to prevent everyone from doing exactly that, picking their own country and then whining when it's picked by someone else.

I've participated twice and never picked my own country, is it that much of a deal? I'm from Canada, was the fact the country hasn't been available for the last two years some form of discrimination?

BTW, the OP is from the UK too, so, of all the countries, I think that's the last one who'd be discriminated. :\

Also, punctuation much?