00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Report Audio Portal Bugs Here

25,019 Views | 140 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-15 01:08:23

How would we know when we get reviews? Would that be implemented into the Notification button on the top? or rid of altogether? Thanks.

-Jon

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-15 02:37:17

At 11 hours ago, XsakuX wrote:
At 1 day ago, mike wrote: If you're having trouble uploading audio because the uploader won't accept your MP3 file, could you please uplaod it to dump and PM me a link? Thanks!
hey man i just tried to upload my song to the dump, and got this "ERROR âEU" Please select a file to upload."

anyone? :[

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-15 08:17:44

At 9 hours ago, FairSquare wrote:
At 8 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Any help? :\
Are you sure you have the correct version?
You could try removing the Flash player completely and then reinstalling the latest version.

Yes, I updated to the version that I was linked to from the song's page.

At 9 hours ago, jpbear wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Any help? :\
clear cache? Are you using chrome?

I tried installing and then clearing the cache, and I may as well try that again, but it didn't work last time. I'm on Firefox right now.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-15 16:53:48

hi all,

don't know why but my last submission first work and than stopped playing, it doesn't work anymore. I tried to reupload it but the problem came back again.
here's the link:

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-16 14:22:00

If you are having trouble uploading an MP3, could you e-mail it to me at mike@newgrounds.com?

At 8 minutes ago, Kaizerwolf wrote: I don't know if this has been found before, or asked, but I cant listen to anything. I've updated flash a couple times now, restarted my computer after every time. I still get an X on any song, when I click it, it loads endlessly.

Adobe unfortunately dropped support for Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), so if you're using an older Mac, you unfortunately can't update to Flash Player 11. :( The audio portal is designed to fallback with an HTML5 audio tag in this case, but this doesn't work in Firefox -- it can't play MP3 files due to licensing issues.

I'm going to put a Flash Player 10 compatible fallback in the very near future, but in the meantime you can try using a different browser, like Safari or Chrome.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-16 20:03:29

At 5 hours ago, mike wrote: If you are having trouble uploading an MP3, could you e-mail it to me at mike@newgrounds.com?

Ive been telling everyone who posts that problem to email you a link. Hopefuly you will get some.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-16 23:14:49

Under "Share Alike" in the CCL, it says image. THIS IS NOT TEH ART PORTAL!

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-17 16:07:44

I just threw a fix up for the MP3 uploads -- if you were having trouble uploading MP3s before, try now and see if it works. If you're still having problems, please let me know!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-17 16:59:18

At 50 minutes ago, mike wrote: I just threw a fix up for the MP3 uploads -- if you were having trouble uploading MP3s before, try now and see if it works. If you're still having problems, please let me know!

Thanks Mike! So what was the problem, if I may ask?

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-23 14:57:34

At 2 weeks ago, LordHoly wrote: Sometimes the Audio falters when scolling many pictures in another TAB oder firefox window. With the old audio I had not this problem.

Nobody else with that problem?
I think the old audio player on newgrounds was much better! The old one didn't falter and rattle.
I am using Windows XP (32 Bit) and the newest flash player (deleted the old one and installed the new one).

Often, the sound rattles when you are in another windows (of your browser) or another tab.
Yep, the old audio player was better. Never change a running system....

There should be a function to switch between the new and the old audio player.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-23 20:06:51

At 50 minutes ago, varrin7 wrote: I've noticed that when I try to change my display name to show my first and last name, or just my first name, neither shows. The option remains selected after I save my settings, however on my submissions my name does not show in my author information.

I have this problem as well.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-24 00:33:52

I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

I'm on Linux Mint 11 64bit using Firefox 10.0.2

Extremely reactive.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 14:24:24

I don't think an option to remove audio is too much to ask for.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 14:26:52

At 45 seconds ago, Ecke wrote: I don't think an option to remove audio is too much to ask for.

It'll come when more pressing matters are resolved.

At 4 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

Known glitch. It personally only happens to me when I'm doing stuff in other tabs or loading new pages.

I don't know if the staff's planning on fixing it or not.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 14:36:23

Hey!
I have a bug where my project wouldn't publish properly for a while, but after randomly trying over and over it eventually published.

HOWEVER,

The page of the audio track now only loads about 50% of the time the URL is entered. You'll get an error page, but keep refreshing and it eventually works properly. Very mysterious! This happens on my most recently uploaded track, which you can check the bug on.

This bug is confirmed by others checking out that particular track in another thread.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 14:56:06

Hey Nick, could you post a link to that particular page? Thanks!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 15:16:17

At 19 minutes ago, mike wrote: Hey Nick, could you post a link to that particular page? Thanks!

This is the one Nick meant. Althought the problem now seems to be gone.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 15:22:14

At 41 minutes ago, NickPerrin wrote: Hey!
I have a bug where my project wouldn't publish properly for a while, but after randomly trying over and over it eventually published.

HOWEVER,

The page of the audio track now only loads about 50% of the time the URL is entered. You'll get an error page, but keep refreshing and it eventually works properly. Very mysterious! This happens on my most recently uploaded track, which you can check the bug on.

This bug is confirmed by others checking out that particular track in another thread.

I had this happen to me... sort of... as well. When uploading my latest track, I went through "Audio -> Submit Yours! -> Picked the song MP3, entered all the usual info -> Preview -> Publish -> Error page saying the page could not be found."

However, I went to my profile after getting the error page and the song was there anyways, and I haven't had any problems playing it back.

Not sure if you can figure anything out about it now, seeing as it was just a little burp in the system it seems, but in case there's some coding behind the submission or something that helps, this is the song I got the error page on:

As a note, I've submitted 2 or 3 songs since the redesign, and this is the only one that gave me the error page.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 15:33:51

Thanks for the report! I've added it to our bug DB, and we'll look into it.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 17:54:43

At 2 hours ago, mike wrote: Thanks for the report! I've added it to our bug DB, and we'll look into it.

It seems it happens for all audio now. And the visualizer wont work. Hmmm, i wonder what could have caused this. This big just popped up today.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 18:40:18

This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/reviews/472740

Probably not that important, but hey.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 19:27:42

At 42 minutes ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

I think it's because you can flip through all the pages of reviews without going to a separate page anymore.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-28 19:57:20

At 29 minutes ago, krssvr wrote:
At 42 minutes ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: This is really really minor, but you can't view the reviews page for a song anymore.

I think it's because you can flip through all the pages of reviews without going to a separate page anymore.

Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up. But another thing... how do I know who has favourited my submission? The favourites link doesn't seem to work anymore:

http://www.newgrounds.com/account/bookmarked/audio/472557

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-29 00:30:39

At 4 hours ago, xxxZigZagxxx wrote: Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up. But another thing... how do I know who has favourited my submission? The favourites link doesn't seem to work anymore:

http://www.newgrounds.com/account/bookmarked/audio/472557

The audio edit page isn't actually an "official" page (that's why it looks a bit messy, there are totally random smileys on the left of each submission, etc...).

So yeah, some of the links there don't actually work. The staff definitely know about it and are in the process of fixing it, along with making notifications which tell you when you get a new review so you won't even need that page any more.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-02-29 15:26:57

Psycho-Goldfish put a quick fix in for the errors you were getting when submitting some audio. Let me know if you still have trouble!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-01 07:06:53

At 4 days ago, B3nSutton wrote: I have a really bad bug when listening to audio, when playing the sound glitches and it kind of repeats the same sound sample over and over for a couple of seconds, it does this very often, and on every song I try to listen to, any advice? At first I thought the song I was listening to was just bad electronic music but I tried listening to something from the "classical" section and get the same kind of sound..

Known glitch. It personally only happens to me when I'm doing stuff in other tabs or loading new pages.

For me it does this almost constantly, so much that the audio portal is unusable for me :( (I can still download songs, but I don't want to download songs before listening to them..)

Extremely reactive.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-01 07:10:22

At 1 minute ago, B3nSutton wrote:

For me it does this almost constantly, so much that the audio portal is unusable for me :( (I can still download songs, but I don't want to download songs before listening to them..)

Ah, wait I see what you mean now when you say "doing stuff in other tabs" you mean having a second NG tab open.. If there is only one open it seems to work, though this is a huge inconvenience -_-.

Btw it makes the same glitch when right clicking on the audio player, not that that's a problem for me.

Extremely reactive.

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-02 15:21:13

For those getting the skipping glitches, what OS/browser are you using?

The player manually feeds the audio buffer (this lets it do some fancier things like the gapless looping and other sound processing), but it does use a bit more CPU and it could skip if your PC is very busy. And Flash tends to chug badly on Linux, which is probably the issue. I'll try to add a simpler playback option to fix this!

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-03 11:26:36

Chrome 17 here. I thought it would happen less with Chrome since Chrome creates a process for each tab, but I still get the skipping when I'm doing stuff on other tabs. I'm on Windows 7 x64 too, by the way.

BBS Signature

Response to Report Audio Portal Bugs Here 2012-03-03 16:18:46

Everything was working fine today... Until I saw this.