00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dawn17170 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School shootings

2,265 Views | 64 Replies

Response to School shootings 2023-02-26 18:32:27 (edited 2023-02-26 18:37:13)

At 2/26/23 05:02 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/26/23 04:51 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 2/26/23 04:42 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/26/23 10:33 AM, DioShiba wrote: Well it's not like I haven't said it before that the gun violence in general is a complex problem.

School shootings happen because parents aren't paying attention to their kids or are shitty to them behind closed doors. If they're gun owners then it's because they suck at keeping their guns secure like they should be.

Not sure how kids would get them otherwise unless they knew someone off the streets.
Think about this way:
1 - If a kid grows up in a family with guns, but is raised well and has a good social circle and has their mental health taken care of, then they probably won't commit any shootings.
2 - If a kid grows up in a family without guns, and is raised well and has a good social circle and their mental health is taken care of, then they probably won't commit any shootings.
3 - If a kid grows up in a family with guns, but is abused/neglected and doesn't have any friends and has terrible unchecked mental health, there's a chance they might commit a shooting.
4 - If a kid grows up in a family without guns, and is abused/neglected and doesn't have friends and has terrible unchecked mental health, they probably won't commit any shootings but might do something equally horrible.

Food for thought
To be fair, I was raised in a family where guns were in fact in my household and had a lot of problems, and I have a mental illness that I'm trying to treat with professional help due to a complicated past.

There were problems in that background but I didn't start questioning a lot of the things that were going on behind closed doors on my end until college... same with some of the friendships I had over the years.

If I stopped treatment, I could do something horrible. But if there's one thing I know is that there are things that you absolutely do not do with a gun, and even then guns are a powerful tool to a point where I don't feel comfortable holding one.

To simplify it down to those four things probably wouldn't be perfect examples to what happens in reality as a whole with how many nuances there are to this topic.
I think that's actually a good point because if anything, having guns in the home can mystify them for you and make them seem less like an enticing solution to one's problems, because your vision of them isn't clouded by edgy movies and news stories.

I didn't grow up with guns, but I had a lot of issues in high school and - as much as I hate to say it - did at certain times fantasize about getting horrible revenge against the people I felt had wronged me. I had no experience with guns so having one seemed like the ultimate form of power and control; perhaps if I'd grown up with them my whole life I wouldn't have looked at them that way.

In any case I'm glad I at least had a watchful mom who made sure I wasn't too alone with my dark thoughts. But it's always true that if you have someone hellbent on causing harm, they'll choose whatever options they have. And often times they're just as bad if not far worse than your typical mass shooting.

Trust, I've been there before. I definitely had a lot of thoughts going through my head where I wanted to kill everyone because I felt wronged by a few bad people in high school. But then there were also the good people in my high school and those who were willing to give me the chance and I had a mother and father whom, despite their faults kept me on a path to do better and sometimes some of the things I wanted didn't come to fruition for a reason.

And ultimately at the end of the day despite that and growing up around guns I just have no personal desire for one. I can understand why people would want them and why people are so adamant about keeping their 2nd Amendment Rights on this side of the globe but even then it doesn't change the fact that there are always going to be the few who as you said, are going to commit themselves to harming people by any means necessary if they haven't been stopped by some external and positive influence to keep them from a darker path.

At 2/26/23 05:18 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: they might not have to know the good and bad guy because if the good guy is sharp enough shooter, he can take out the bad guy.

I can see why EdyKel fixed your comment.

One person can be a sharp shooter, the other can have a bad aim. At the end of the day whether or not they are a good or bad shot, if a person is committed to harming others they still have the potential to kill someone who happens to be good and happens to have a gun if they have enough experience with guns.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-26 19:42:19

At 2/6/23 02:18 AM, Jojo wrote: Look at these lists and if you're anything like me, your eyes will widen and your mouth will go agape.

USA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States_(2000%E2%80%93present)

vs

Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:School_shootings_in_Europe

This is why the scroll square is so small like my hot dog.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-26 20:46:44

At 2/26/23 08:36 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/26/23 06:20 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/26/23 05:18 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/26/23 06:37 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/25/23 06:52 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/25/23 06:48 PM, Caniac76 wrote:
At 2/24/23 04:46 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/24/23 06:25 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote: There have been way too many school shootings from 1999-2023, and it's only getting worse. It feels like everyday another happens.. It's been on the news so much as well and its an awful example, a 6 year old shot his teacher and I believe that it was influenced by all this awful stuff.. What do you all think about this kind of stuff?
Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns. in a nutshell that is my opinion
An opinion that's proven factually wrong whenever such a story surfaces.
Proof?
It took the police at uvalde 1 hour 14 minute and 8 seconds to stop the perpetrator
It doesn't always have to be the police to be the good guy.
If some other guy shoots back, and then the police arrive to find a literal gun fight, how are they to find out which of them is the "good guy"?
they might not have to know the good and bad guy because if the bad guy is sharp enough shooter, he can take out the good guy.
*fixed
?

You sound like someone who watches way to many classic westerns, where the good guy is always dressed in white and is a top marksman, while the bad guys wear black and just sucks at shooting. And you are trying to apply to this to real life situation, where things are rarely black and white that, or simplistic.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-26 21:59:41

At 2/3/23 09:38 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/2/23 09:26 PM, LittleWashu wrote: from some of the violent video game children play
Good thing we have statistics on that.

While correlation doesn't prove causation, lack of correlation certainly disproves causation.

going postal

B

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-02-26 22:46:21 (edited 2023-02-26 22:53:52)

At 2/26/23 09:50 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/26/23 08:46 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote:
There have been way too many school shootings from 1999-2023, and it's only getting worse. It feels like everyday another happens.. It's been on the news so much as well and its an awful example, a 6 year old shot his teacher and I believe that it was influenced by all this awful stuff.. What do you all think about this kind of stuff?

Proof?
It took the police at uvalde 1 hour 14 minute and 8 seconds to stop the perpetrator
If some other guy shoots back, and then the police arrive to find a literal gun fight, how are they to find out which of them is the "good guy"?
they might not have to know the good and bad guy because if the bad guy is sharp enough shooter, he can take out the good guy.
*fixed
?
You sound like someone who watches way to many classic westerns, where the good guy is always dressed in white and is a top marksman, while the bad guys wear black and just sucks at shooting. And you are trying to apply to this to real life situation, where things are rarely black and white that, or simplistic.
That's your opinion and you are WAYYYY off. I never watch one single western in my life, i am wearing red (I only have 1 white shirt) but the black and white part yes. because i like to break things down into a nutshell and refuse to put it in a more complex manner.

I said "you sound like" with your black and white arguments over good guys with guns easily defeating bad guys with guns and saving the day, despite the current reality of mass shootings, and gun deaths, not even reflecting that in any shape or form.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 03:49:00

At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote: There have been way too many school shootings from 1999-2023, and it's only getting worse. It feels like everyday another happens.. It's been on the news so much as well and its an awful example, a 6 year old shot his teacher and I believe that it was influenced by all this awful stuff.. What do you all think about this kind of stuff?
Proof?
they might not have to know the good and bad guy because if the good guy is sharp enough shooter, he can take out the bad guy.

Generally not something you want to count on.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 08:33:59

At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote:
There have been way too many school shootings from 1999-2023, and it's only getting worse. It feels like everyday another happens.. It's been on the news so much as well and its an awful example, a 6 year old shot his teacher and I believe that it was influenced by all this awful stuff.. What do you all think about this kind of stuff?

Proof?
*fixed
?
That's your opinion and you are WAYYYY off. I never watch one single western in my life, i am wearing red (I only have 1 white shirt) but the black and white part yes. because i like to break things down into a nutshell and refuse to put it in a more complex manner.

Dude your opinion is far more simplistic than you put it and at this point it just feels like you’re trying to smartass your way around the criticism on your point without taking into account that real life isn’t as simple as “good guy vs bad guy”

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 08:51:34

At 2/26/23 06:32 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 2/26/23 05:02 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/26/23 04:51 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 2/26/23 04:42 PM, HavryloThePigeon wrote:
At 2/26/23 10:33 AM, DioShiba wrote: Well it's not like I haven't said it before that the gun violence in general is a complex problem.

School shootings happen because parents aren't paying attention to their kids or are shitty to them behind closed doors. If they're gun owners then it's because they suck at keeping their guns secure like they should be.

Not sure how kids would get them otherwise unless they knew someone off the streets.
Think about this way:
1 - If a kid grows up in a family with guns, but is raised well and has a good social circle and has their mental health taken care of, then they probably won't commit any shootings.
2 - If a kid grows up in a family without guns, and is raised well and has a good social circle and their mental health is taken care of, then they probably won't commit any shootings.
3 - If a kid grows up in a family with guns, but is abused/neglected and doesn't have any friends and has terrible unchecked mental health, there's a chance they might commit a shooting.
4 - If a kid grows up in a family without guns, and is abused/neglected and doesn't have friends and has terrible unchecked mental health, they probably won't commit any shootings but might do something equally horrible.

Food for thought
To be fair, I was raised in a family where guns were in fact in my household and had a lot of problems, and I have a mental illness that I'm trying to treat with professional help due to a complicated past.

There were problems in that background but I didn't start questioning a lot of the things that were going on behind closed doors on my end until college... same with some of the friendships I had over the years.

If I stopped treatment, I could do something horrible. But if there's one thing I know is that there are things that you absolutely do not do with a gun, and even then guns are a powerful tool to a point where I don't feel comfortable holding one.

To simplify it down to those four things probably wouldn't be perfect examples to what happens in reality as a whole with how many nuances there are to this topic.
I think that's actually a good point because if anything, having guns in the home can mystify them for you and make them seem less like an enticing solution to one's problems, because your vision of them isn't clouded by edgy movies and news stories.

I didn't grow up with guns, but I had a lot of issues in high school and - as much as I hate to say it - did at certain times fantasize about getting horrible revenge against the people I felt had wronged me. I had no experience with guns so having one seemed like the ultimate form of power and control; perhaps if I'd grown up with them my whole life I wouldn't have looked at them that way.

In any case I'm glad I at least had a watchful mom who made sure I wasn't too alone with my dark thoughts. But it's always true that if you have someone hellbent on causing harm, they'll choose whatever options they have. And often times they're just as bad if not far worse than your typical mass shooting.
Trust, I've been there before. I definitely had a lot of thoughts going through my head where I wanted to kill everyone because I felt wronged by a few bad people in high school. But then there were also the good people in my high school and those who were willing to give me the chance and I had a mother and father whom, despite their faults kept me on a path to do better and sometimes some of the things I wanted didn't come to fruition for a reason.

And ultimately at the end of the day despite that and growing up around guns I just have no personal desire for one. I can understand why people would want them and why people are so adamant about keeping their 2nd Amendment Rights on this side of the globe but even then it doesn't change the fact that there are always going to be the few who as you said, are going to commit themselves to harming people by any means necessary if they haven't been stopped by some external and positive influence to keep them from a darker path.

Yes indeed. It's almost as if the bigger problem here is that we live in a society that (inadvertently or not) encourages lonely directionless men to resort to violence to solve their problems and make a name for themselves, and that banning guns will simply force them to go for other options like bombings, stabbings, gas attacks or whatever else. Mass shootings may be one of the more severe symptoms, but they're not the disease itself. The disease is the epidemic of disaffected young men who see violence as the only way to give their lives meaning. And that is what we need to change.

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 11:01:35

Maybe the politics board SHOULD be abolished

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 18:08:14

At 2/27/23 05:39 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/26/23 10:46 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/24/23 04:46 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/24/23 06:25 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote:

Proof?

*fixed
?
I said "you sound like" with your black and white arguments over good guys with guns easily defeating bad guys with guns and saving the day, despite the current reality of mass shootings, and gun deaths, not even reflecting that in any shape or form.
That is because people don't have guns and take training courses

People have guns, and many have training, including those who abuse them. You do know that the number 1 cause for gun deaths in the country is domestic violence - people killed by people they know or family members.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 18:44:43

At 2/27/23 06:20 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/27/23 06:08 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/25/23 06:52 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/25/23 06:48 PM, Caniac76 wrote: At 2/24/23 04:46 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/24/23 06:25 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote:

Proof?

*fixed
?
People have guns, and many have training, including those who abuse them. You do know that the number 1 cause for gun deaths in the country is domestic violence - people killed by people they know or family members.
Then get a gun to defend yourself is my answer or if you think they might want to hurt you, have a chat with them or file a police report. btw, I am going to be taking a small break from NG so replies might take a while

And what about those who are unable to obtain a gun based on background checks concerning medical records of mental illness?

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 19:28:42 (edited 2023-02-27 19:29:19)

At 2/27/23 06:44 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 2/27/23 06:20 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: Then get a gun to defend yourself is my answer or if you think they might want to hurt you, have a chat with them or file a police report. btw, I am going to be taking a small break from NG so replies might take a while
And what about those who are unable to obtain a gun based on background checks concerning medical records of mental illness?

They should try going to a country that has less insanely laissez-faire gun rights laws. Or settle for identity theft.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 19:48:56

At 2/27/23 06:20 PM, Braindeaduser wrote:
At 2/27/23 06:08 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 2/25/23 06:52 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/25/23 06:48 PM, Caniac76 wrote: At 2/24/23 04:46 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/24/23 06:25 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: At 2/23/23 09:04 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: At 2/2/23 07:56 PM, lol wrote:

Proof?

*fixed
?
Then get a gun to defend yourself is my answer or if you think they might want to hurt you, have a chat with them or file a police report. btw, I am going to be taking a small break from NG so replies might take a while

So, you get a gun to defend yourself from family members and people you know, just in case they snap and try to shoot you? I think you really need a very long break to rethink your naive views.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 20:19:03

At 2/27/23 07:28 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 2/27/23 06:20 PM, Braindeaduser wrote: Then get a gun to defend yourself is my answer or if you think they might want to hurt you, have a chat with them or file a police report. btw, I am going to be taking a small break from NG so replies might take a while
They should try going to a country that has less insanely laissez-faire gun rights laws. Or settle for identity theft.

Like Iran?

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 20:25:57

At 2/27/23 08:19 PM, DioShiba wrote:
Like Iran?

I would probably go for literally any other country in this table with permits and restrictions for the majority of the population but hey you do you man

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-02-27 20:32:27

At 2/27/23 08:25 PM, Gimmick wrote:
Like Iran?
I would probably go for literally any other country in this table with permits and restrictions for the majority of the population but hey you do you man

Huh… for some reason I was thinking Iran would have less restrictions than the US.

Glad to be wrong on that… though I do know that the laws in the US depend on the state your in so I’m not 100% sure of what each one’s are off hand.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-28 01:27:59

Guns aren't the issue. The issue is the society created by the hyper capitalism in America. It's a rotten society. There's a sense of scarcity to everything, from healthcare - mental or physical, money, time, energy. There's also a never ending feeling of never having enough, brought onto us by relentless, poorly regulated advertising that is so targeted at us it can know someone is pregnant before they do. We are constantly told we don't have enough, aren't good enough, aren't doing enough, aren't pretty enough, aren't masculine enough, feminine enough.

We build our communities(or lack thereof) to be isolating, car dependent, you never see other people around, unless you're in a grocery store or other common area, all of which aside from the library are only accessible if you have money. Every single waking minute of your life is monetized in some way, shape or form. And if you live in many parts of America, the only thing outside is concrete, cars, parking lots and more concrete, a neverending hellscape unfit for real human habitation. If you don't see that, you see a never ending row and after row, column after column of single family houses that look exactly identical, with any personality reduced to nothing due to Homeowner's Associations rules. Or maybe you're lucky, and you live in a rural community, which has increasingly worse education, healthcare, and outcomes, a trend that continues each year, with many rural areas becoming either monoculture crop farms to feed cattle (midwest) or more suburbs, if they aren't poisoned by chemical run off or train derailments.

Mass shootings are a symptom of the rotten, psyche draining world most Americans live in. The hyper capitalist, material consumer culture combined with an alienated population is causing all of this. Not to mention that many of the mass shootings (ie the Buffalo Tops Shooting) have been motivated by radicalized teenage white boys who were more than likely exposed to that type of political content through placed like 4chan, youtube or even a site like this.

We can't have a real discussion about mass shootings in this country because both parties are inherently neoliberal capitalist parties. Capitalism is the root cause of the issue, and many, many more in this country, but since both parties are beholden to their capitalist interests, we can only get talks about gun control at best, or arming school teachers at worst. Neither of which solve the problem and the debate of which only further serves to divide the working class and distract from the root cause.

Furthermore, gun control has systemically been used primarily against minority groups who are already disenfranchised. Ronald Reagan banned open carry in California as a response to the Black Panther party carrying rifles while watching police stops to try to curb police brutality in black communities. Gun control is both a reflection of the neoliberal idea that one can legislate a societal problem away and a reflection on the fascist capitalist state's need to tread on the worker's freedom. Remember, even in the most strict gun control states, the laws do not apply to the police - the state, and by extension capital, always maintains it's monopoly on violence.

Mass shootings will continue, and more than likely get worse (especially if right wing views continue to become more extreme) until there is a major societal shift away from the capitalist, infinite growth, consumerist society we have created.

Response to School shootings 2023-02-28 02:52:14

At 2/28/23 01:27 AM, whyishoudini wrote: Guns aren't the issue. The issue is the society created by the hyper capitalism in America.
[…]
Mass shootings are a symptom of the rotten, psyche draining world most Americans live in. The hyper capitalist, material consumer culture combined with an alienated population is causing all of this. Not to mention that many of the mass shootings (ie the Buffalo Tops Shooting) have been motivated by radicalized teenage white boys who were more than likely exposed to that type of political content through placed like 4chan, youtube or even a site like this.
We can't have a real discussion about mass shootings in this country because both parties are inherently neoliberal capitalist parties.
[…]

This looks like a complaint against capitalism with a tenuous link to school shootings.

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-02-28 09:49:22

At 2/27/23 08:25 PM, Gimmick wrote:
Like Iran?

Man oh man. I knew American gun laws were lenient but this really puts it into perspective.

Now I feel like a fake map nerd for not having seen this before :p

coo coo bitch lmfao

Response to School shootings 2023-03-05 02:34:55 (edited 2023-03-05 02:36:25)

When I was in school, the concept of exiting in an orderly fashion single file was literally impossible. People say it's so bad to scream "fire" in a crowded theater, but exits are clearly marked and you're not supposed to trample people. I highly doubt kids take anything away from shooter drills.

Columbine was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I had a mohawk and wore a trench coat at the time, and the bullying I dealt with my entire life up until that shooting stopped dead in its tracks.

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-03-08 11:58:55

At 3/5/23 02:34 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Columbine was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I had a mohawk and wore a trench coat at the time, and the bullying I dealt with my entire life up until that shooting stopped dead in its tracks.

now it makes sense… truly the edgiest of newgrounds

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to School shootings 2023-03-08 12:07:41

At 3/8/23 11:58 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/5/23 02:34 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Columbine was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I had a mohawk and wore a trench coat at the time, and the bullying I dealt with my entire life up until that shooting stopped dead in its tracks.
now it makes sense… truly the edgiest of newgrounds

Not sure how being a victimized loner is edgy. I was doing volunteer trash cleanups at the time.

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-03-08 20:27:22

At 2/3/23 08:36 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/3/23 09:38 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/2/23 09:26 PM, LittleWashu wrote: from some of the violent video game children play
Good thing we have statistics on that.

While correlation doesn't prove causation, lack of correlation certainly disproves causation.
I had to look up this graph (here’s 2000 one). It’s bugging me that I don’t understand what it shows - how the data are collected and what it’s counting as a “violent crime”.

I still don’t get why violent crime would drop to 25% of the original value over a decade.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/20455997

iu_916699_4397132.webp

Response to School shootings 2023-03-08 23:32:05

At 2/2/23 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote: I think it's way to easy for anyone to get a gun in the country, especially ones you would find in a war zone. They have been over-popularized by the gun industry, and politicians, for the past several decades, who market them like toys, and collectibles, with the regulations over them reflecting that. And instead of having a meaningful conversation, or action, over them, it often ends in ideological disagreements, and with a lot of worthless praying to god in hopes of ending these shootings. And you know something is wrong when you have many promoting the growth of a police state, or suspending a Constitutional right to due process, rather than offend a small minority of activists who are way to obsessed over everything guns.

What about mass stabbers, should we ban knives too. I've seen countless videos of ex marines saying they can kill a person with their thumb, should we ban thumbs as well? The issue isn't guns, it's motive and mental health problems. The world has a lot of shit that shouldn't exist, but it does, and sometimes it just drives people crazy. Most media outlets never ask the question of why a mass shooter does what they do, and how can we stop the pattern, it's always some government agenda about banning/ not banning guns, to take the focus away from the real issue, BROKEN MINDS!

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 00:13:39

At 3/8/23 11:32 PM, decampo wrote:
At 2/2/23 08:32 PM, EdyKel wrote: I think it's way to easy for anyone to get a gun in the country, especially ones you would find in a war zone. They have been over-popularized by the gun industry, and politicians, for the past several decades, who market them like toys, and collectibles, with the regulations over them reflecting that. And instead of having a meaningful conversation, or action, over them, it often ends in ideological disagreements, and with a lot of worthless praying to god in hopes of ending these shootings. And you know something is wrong when you have many promoting the growth of a police state, or suspending a Constitutional right to due process, rather than offend a small minority of activists who are way to obsessed over everything guns.
What about mass stabbers, should we ban knives too. I've seen countless videos of ex marines saying they can kill a person with their thumb, should we ban thumbs as well? The issue isn't guns, it's motive and mental health problems. The world has a lot of shit that shouldn't exist, but it does, and sometimes it just drives people crazy. Most media outlets never ask the question of why a mass shooter does what they do, and how can we stop the pattern, it's always some government agenda about banning/ not banning guns, to take the focus away from the real issue, BROKEN MINDS!

So, why do you need a gun if you think a knife will do just as well? I think you just argued against owning guns, here.

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 02:57:47

At 3/8/23 08:27 PM, onepumpchump wrote:
At 2/3/23 08:36 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/3/23 09:38 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: While correlation doesn't prove causation, lack of correlation certainly disproves causation.
I had to look up this graph (here’s 2000 one). It’s bugging me that I don’t understand what it shows - how the data are collected and what it’s counting as a “violent crime”.

I still don’t get why violent crime would drop to 25% of the original value over a decade.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/20455997

What are you interpreting from this graph about lead poisoning?

(ignoring the link to a preview of a journal paper about Humboldt Penguins)

BBS Signature

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 09:09:31

If not shooting it would be stabbing or by explosion. It FEELS like its getting worse cause the news likes to focus on it. Media giving it so much coverage aint helping the situation. Same for the irresponsible parents that raise the lil shits that cause this.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 09:28:44

At 3/9/23 09:09 AM, Cerbskies wrote: If not shooting it would be stabbing or by explosion. It FEELS like its getting worse cause the news likes to focus on it. Media giving it so much coverage aint helping the situation. Same for the irresponsible parents that raise the lil shits that cause this.

There’s a phrase in journalism school: “If it bleeds, it leads”

Media companies have always, always been about making money. That is their bottom line, viewership, clicks, subscriptions and ad revenue.

hello

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 11:01:31

At 3/9/23 09:28 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 3/9/23 09:09 AM, Cerbskies wrote: If not shooting it would be stabbing or by explosion. It FEELS like its getting worse cause the news likes to focus on it. Media giving it so much coverage aint helping the situation. Same for the irresponsible parents that raise the lil shits that cause this.
There’s a phrase in journalism school: “If it bleeds, it leads”

Media companies have always, always been about making money. That is their bottom line, viewership, clicks, subscriptions and ad revenue.

I'm pretty sure that is the gun industry phrase, who get free publicity for what their products can do.

Response to School shootings 2023-03-09 12:24:35

At 2/6/23 04:36 AM, Marcus49 wrote: I don't think there could be something like mass stabbings like there are school shootings. School shootings happen because pulling the trigger takes a lot less effort to stab someone, physically and mentally.

In the 2014 Isla Vista killings Elliot Rodger killed six people and injured fourteen others—by gunshot, stabbing and vehicle ramming [1]

He hurt as many with handguns as he did with a BMW

He killed as many with knives as he did handguns

The desire to kill supersedes the weapon used

it's the consequence of the second amendment, that you may like it or not

Again, no. Car, knife, gun, bomb, barehands... all require a motive

As long as it stays, why not enforcing the security of our children?

I agree. Guns help enforce the safety of children

The desire to kill needs to be addressed, not the method. Incels on psyho-active drugs are what needs solved