00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheForgottenWaugh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC?

1,327 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 20:11:41

At 4/26/24 04:02 AM, SomeDoodles wrote: My favorite character made by me is Daklil the Scarecrow.

When I originally made him, I thought he was going to be another one of those characters that I draw once, and never again, but he wasn't. I kept making art of him, Others have drawn him, too, and I even made a whole animated short movie about him (the image I chose is actually the movie's title card)!
I very often imagine movie ideas for him, and I got quite a handful of them. If only I had the motivation to make them, though...

iu_1195089_5796160.png

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 20:31:23

Two froggo gals both fan favorite OC. Blue froggo Chloe Frosch just a "waifu"

iu_1195091_7261799.webp

Green Witch Froggo Michelle Borisova. She has a lore like a concept album i kinda disapointed for attention, proud that i get courage to make lore.

iu_1195092_7261799.webp

Forg

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 21:54:12

Definitely Shelly. She's the first oc I ever made and I always enjoy drawing her.iu_1195114_9736917.webp

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 21:55:25

At 4/26/24 09:54 PM, Mystil-l wrote: Definitely Shelly. She's the first oc I ever made and I always enjoy drawing her.

I like her design! It’s simple but effective! Do I recognize this mechanical worm she’s fighting?

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 21:59:19

At 4/26/24 09:55 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 4/26/24 09:54 PM, Mystil-l wrote: Definitely Shelly. She's the first oc I ever made and I always enjoy drawing her.
I like her design! It’s simple but effective! Do I recognize this mechanical worm she’s fighting?

Probably not, I made it up on the spot to give her something to fight lol

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 22:15:56

At 4/26/24 09:59 PM, Mystil-l wrote:

Ah nice! Kinda reminds me of the Destroyer boss from Terraria, so that’s why I asked.

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-26 22:20:06

At 4/26/24 10:15 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 4/26/24 09:59 PM, Mystil-l wrote:
Ah nice! Kinda reminds me of the Destroyer boss from Terraria, so that’s why I asked.

I can see the resemblance ngl

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 00:22:37

At 4/25/24 11:58 AM, BUDDYCORE323 wrote: ORIGINAL CHARACTERS- almost every artist has them. Whether they have little lore a whole book of lore, people love to make art and keep them rent free in their brains. So I ask you, wanderer of the forums, what's your current favorite oc?
(Images of them are highly recommended I really wanna see them tehee)

Man don't make me choose just one out of my 23 babies...

But here's a few.iu_1195170_8775854.pngiu_1195172_8775854.png

iu_1195171_8775854.webp

I guess I'm the only person to interpret the purpose of this thread as a way to show off my favorite oc's...that belong to other people. Bragging about my own characters feels a little incestuous and pointless, any merits they have should speak for themselves!

iu_1195184_2341174.webp

Broccolina belongs to Baphomet a very skilled animator who seems to love clowns. Why broccolina? Well, baphomet has basically figured out the perfect design to embody a creepy, fiendish female entity without relying on sex appeal or making them overly masculine/weird for no reason. My friends love her, mostly because of the automatic revulsion they feel when they see her, thats a powerful emotion thats not easy to imbue into a character.

Broccolina does what I wish my character could do to people but better in basically every way. Theres even some similarities, thats some convergent evolution! Not many people are interested in making that kind of character, so even if you dont like her (you're probably not supposed to) shes special.

iu_1195185_2341174.webp

Now this one is quite a bit different but I admire for more or less the same reason. The creator of this one is a profoundly evil person so I wont Link them directly, but Sqrlyjack made this "Modern Bubsy" for fetishistic reasons, however I cant help but admire how much evil they were able to condense into a character design. Nobody I know can stand to look at this character and feel ok. Now that is something. Imagine being able to create a character design that people who understand the implications behind it are basically forced to look away in disgust. I admire that power.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 01:26:12

At 4/27/24 12:50 AM, Template88 wrote: I guess I'm the only person to interpret the purpose of this thread as a way to show off my favorite oc's...that belong to other people. Bragging about my own characters feels a little incestuous and pointless, any merits they have should speak for themselves!

Broccolina belongs to Baphomet a very skilled animator who seems to love clowns. Why broccolina? Well, baphomet has basically figured out the perfect design to embody a creepy, fiendish female entity without relying on sex appeal or making them overly masculine/weird for no reason. My friends love her, mostly because of the automatic revulsion they feel when they see her, thats a powerful emotion thats not easy to imbue into a character.
Broccolina does what I wish my character could do to people but better in basically every way. Theres even some similarities, thats some convergent evolution! Not many people are interested in making that kind of character, so even if you dont like her (you're probably not supposed to) shes special.

Now this one is quite a bit different but I admire for more or less the same reason. The creator of this one is a profoundly evil person so I wont Link them directly, but Sqrlyjack made this "Modern Bubsy" for fetishistic reasons, however I cant help but admire how much evil they were able to condense into a character design. Nobody I know can stand to look at this character and feel ok. Now that is something. Imagine being able to create a character design that people who understand the implications behind it are basically forced to look away in disgust. I admire that power.

Is there a ref of Broccolina? I want to study her design more.

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 01:30:03

At 4/25/24 12:06 PM, Thanosonnewgrounds wrote:
At 4/25/24 11:58 AM, BUDDYCORE323 wrote: ORIGINAL CHARACTERS- almost every artist has them. Whether they have little lore a whole book of lore, people love to make art and keep them rent free in their brains. So I ask you, wanderer of the forums, what's your current favorite oc?
I haven’t drawn them in a while but honestly I think its my OC Thingamabob. They started of as a bunch of doodles I did on paper when I was bored.
Then I drew a full concept and it just clicked

IDK what it is but the design just works for me. Plus it gives me like a sonic era game character type feel. I also do not know what they are but I’m leaning towards robot 🧌

Love them, I’m a sucker for characters with big ass zippers

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 01:32:12

At 4/26/24 05:04 PM, JustaFella0 wrote: Would be this freak, a spoopy sonic called emunesis who is an mini eldritch fella within an emulator who wants you have to so much fun until you lose yourself. And sense they arrive around the 90s net, they came in at the right time lol.
Though as of recent, been thinking of making it so they can be its own thing(as in having a sort of base form), the sonic one being just another form. Making it so they are a liminal being, the company, the game and property does not exist, yet here it is looking at you with a smile. How wholesome~

love spooky sonic ocs, this one rocks

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 01:53:47

At 4/27/24 01:26 AM, Thetageist wrote:
At 4/27/24 12:50 AM, Template88 wrote: I guess I'm the only person to interpret the purpose of this thread as a way to show off my favorite oc's...that belong to other people. Bragging about my own characters feels a little incestuous and pointless, any merits they have should speak for themselves!

Is there a ref of Broccolina? I want to study her design more.

Theres plenty of references of the character in baphomets profile, which I did link, if you click her name in my post. You can also watch her animations, which broccolina does appear in sometimes, though truth be told the voice she is given has a power all its own. An unintentional....probably.... masterpiece.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 02:58:52

As much as I love the main one...

iu_1195225_20547093.webp

Charlie has to be my favourite... I mean, you can't have anything against an innocent and playful ghost boy, can you?

At 4/26/24 07:31 PM, Riger44 wrote: Been enjoying these two lately

What's the stories and personalities to them?

The art looks *very* nice, especially that hair and the shading/folding on the clothing.

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 04:27:47

At 4/26/24 02:27 AM, Spaggo wrote: Definitely Reggie, though less so nowadays

FOCKIN WIDE BOI

AND THE FORESHORTENING ON THE TOP ONE I-

W I D E

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 04:28:11

me

ignore my pfp, that is The Signless from Homestuck

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 06:10:08

I don't know who's my absolute favorite, but I'm a fan of this guy:

iu_1195260_21655256.gif

I actually didn't design him; I had the character concept laid out in my head but couldn't think of what to make him look like, so I commissioned a friend to come up with the visual. The result was glorious. One of my favorite character designs ever.

His name is Meanny and he's inspired by Baikinman from Anpanman, but in a setting that explores the more unnerving aspects of that world instead of glossing them over for the sake of the kiddos. I was writing a book about him and his archrival Captain Honeycomb back in '22 and I need to go back to working on it.

Here's a sketch of him in his normal villain outfit.

iu_1195261_21655256.webp

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 07:03:03

My favorite OC is my character Barbara, I think she is the most well designed character I have made yet!

iu_1195267_7613264.webp

Out of all my characters she is probably the most fun to draw for me because I don't have to focus as much on anatomy, but mostly gesture. Plus I don't have to shade her when she is in the suit, as she becomes a light source herself!

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 11:15:26

Her

iu_1195324_12978769.webp

iu_1195325_12978769.webp

I might've drawn her a bit too many times now, she's pretty much my mascot.

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 17:30:09

At 4/25/24 06:17 PM, altomare14 wrote: HE

i made him for an art rpg server im in and i got a little too attached

Looks awesome.

that's how it works, you make a random oc for a one off or something for another of your characters to relate to for one scene and years later he, she, it is still in your head.

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 17:44:26

Well, here I have them, I wanted to show the two because they are the ones I liked to make the most, the first one is a little old, about two years, and the second one is almost one or two months old. I hope you like it :D

iu_1195500_20718944.webpiu_1195501_20718944.webp

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-27 23:44:00

Here’s one of mine

iu_1195646_4394572.png

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-28 20:25:47

my favorite OC currently has probably gotta be my girl linny! she's apart of a much, much larger story. she originally wasn't going to be the protagonist of said story but then she grew on me.

iu_1195956_21974454.png

iu_1195957_21974454.webp(this is unfinished. I've been meaning to digitally color this but I keep forgetting.)

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-28 21:16:02

At 4/26/24 03:58 AM, OnceHere wrote: No original character of mine is more equal than others. Those with the Hime cut are my favorite.

Here are some of them

Good lord how many OCS do you have

I will make fun of you regardless of who you are

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-28 21:28:33

At 4/28/24 09:16 PM, Hoppio wrote:
At 4/26/24 03:58 AM, OnceHere wrote: No original character of mine is more equal than others. Those with the Hime cut are my favorite.

Here are some of them
Good lord how many OCS do you have

More than what I posted here

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-28 22:28:17

My son.

iu_1195985_6262025.webp

I always enjoy drawing him and I consider him The One. The one OC who not only represents who I am as a artist, but a person in general.

] MUCH IN COMMON

] AFTER ALL

BBS Signature

iu_1196006_8782020.webp I like this OC made as a joke. Now I'm making a comic out of him.

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-28 23:47:46

Kinda impossible to not notice after taking one look at my profile. I just find her the most fun to draw.

iu_1196007_8460620.webp

I need to make a new ref sheet god damn.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to YOU. WHOS YOUR FAVORITE OC? 2024-04-29 00:13:48

iu_1105626_7148065.webp

This goofball of mine is my favorite... And of course everyone's favorite too...

Sic semper tyrannis.

BBS Signature