00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NotAbstrakt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite OC From Someone Else!

1,343 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 01:40:26

So @BUDDYCORE323 made a thread that seemed to be asking artists about their favorite OC of their own and @Template88 responded with OCs from other people they appreciated. I thought that was a cool idea, so now we have our own dedicated thread for plugging other people’s OCs.

While I couldn’t decide on an all-time favorite of my own characters (especially since I flipflop between ideas so quickly), I can answer this one with a couple I really admire!

Waha by @Skoops:

Simple but memorable is what I admire most in designs such as hers, that are meant to be drawn several times consistently. We can immediately tell what kind of character she is - a young novice witch who does some unexpectedly heroic things. If I’m allowed to talk about personality as well, I find her very endearing. Adorkable, even.

Pebbles by @Atastic:

You really have to see the animations to get the full picture, but as this is the Art Forum, I linked to art. He’s a knight with cartoon logic, his only way of speaking is making train whistle noises out of his helmet, and he’s comedically plucky and determined. Pebbles is so memorable and never fails to make me smile.

I’ll likely make more posts here as I think over more OCs I like, especially from lesser known creators that I think deserve the justice.

Your turn!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

At 4/27/24 01:40 AM, Thetageist wrote: So @BUDDYCORE323 made a thread that seemed to be asking artists about their favorite OC of their own and @Template88 responded with OCs from other people they appreciated. I thought that was a cool idea, so now we have our own dedicated thread for plugging other people’s OCs.

While I couldn’t decide on an all-time favorite of my own characters (especially since I flipflop between ideas so quickly), I can answer this one with a couple I really admire!

Waha by @Skoops:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/skoops/waha-sweetsixteencomic

Simple but memorable is what I admire most in designs such as hers, that are meant to be drawn several times consistently. We can immediately tell what kind of character she is - a young novice witch who does some unexpectedly heroic things. If I’m allowed to talk about personality as well, I find her very endearing. Adorkable, even.

Pebbles by @Atastic:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/atastic/shoutout-to-meat

You really have to see the animations to get the full picture, but as this is the Art Forum, I linked to art. He’s a knight with cartoon logic, his only way of speaking is making train whistle noises out of his helmet, and he’s comedically plucky and determined. Pebbles is so memorable and never fails to make me smile.

I’ll likely make more posts here as I think over more OCs I like, especially from lesser known creators that I think deserve the justice.

Your turn!

iu_1195212_2348424.webp

Nobody beats the 83457 and all that.

Patreon : Ko-fi : YouTube : Twitter

BBS Signature

Love these ladies.

Babaru from @arkoiris

Gasoline from @Dreaminerryday

Danu from @Skoops

Marcy from @Bleak-Creep

Caira from @Beatumpop

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 03:10:23

I've been invoked twice!? Hot damn.

I'm partial to Oddlem's Moth Girl.

Fun design that's fun to draw, so I did!

I have always considerd the design of @StevSteelEn's Riley to be one of the best character designs i have ever seen. I always love the designs of urban bunny girls and this one is for shure up there. She is both cool and cute with just makes her design even better. The choises of courlors are great. The teal and yellow works wery well with her grayish-dark blue fur. And of cource you gotta love a character with a love for graffiti.

iu_1195233_14510086.webp

@KDT's Rain Lady (idk if she has a name) is reely good design. Along side the fact that she is hot as fuck (or cool cuz rain is cold) she has that type of elegance that you just reely like. And the hair beeing a raincloud is a reely cool consept of cute girl that is reely well executed. I just reely love this design and hope to see more of it.

Only showcasing a cropped picture of her cuz i think the full imige think might be too spicey for the thread.

iu_1195235_14510086.png

Youtuber and game dev Phisnom's Phi has always been cool as hell. She is the perfect mascot for Phisnom's brand of the toxic cesspit. You get a "Haha lol fuc u" attitude by Phi's design with her beeing a blob of radioactive waste. And even if you are not a fan of Phisnom you cant deny the fact that Phi is an amazing design.

iu_1195234_14510086.webp

@Fianurart's Stella is by far one of the cutest designs my eyes has seen. She looks so cute that its physicaly impossible to get mad at her. She looks like she is just a great friend to have and to spend time with.

iu_1195236_14510086.png

@FunnyPlush's Tulip is cool character. Spiders in real life are one of the ugliest abominations in the world. But Tulip is the compleate oppisate. She is Cute and silli. the coulors of the purple hair and blue exoskelleton(?) works reely well. I woud genuanly buy a plush of her if that ever becomes a thing.

iu_1195237_14510086.png

I might post on this thread again beacouse there are so many designs by others that i reely love. Character design is always fun as hell to create and observe.

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 08:05:22

Pip by @Nebulate

iu_1195277_9481129.png

iu_1195278_9481129.webp

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 08:41:15

Ooh, this looks like fun! I've got a lot of favorites, but here's a few:

@Megeman01's Val

@oquanaut's sona character

@Salomotion's Onion Girl

@Graskip's Terri

This girl from @pilldroid

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 08:52:20

@Spicevipe They just look like a silly little slice of bread.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 11:25:44

There's a lot that I like (some of which were already mentioned too) so I'll limit myself to just a few

Hai art thread

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

At 4/27/24 01:40 AM, Thetageist wrote: So @BUDDYCORE323 made a thread that seemed to be asking artists about their favorite OC of their own and @Template88 responded with OCs from other people they appreciated. I thought that was a cool idea, so now we have our own dedicated thread for plugging other people’s OCs.

Waha by @Skoops:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/skoops/waha-sweetsixteencomic

Pebbles by @Atastic:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/atastic/shoutout-to-meat

Your turn!

Beck from @Calamancyy scrunkle scrimble by Calamancyy on Newgrounds

Pretty much how to do a fighting game oc properly, good design, you can tell what personality he has just by looking at him, and amazing art style. (he's a bit of a goober tho)

iu_1195331_2436471.webp

Also, a bit off-topic I'm still new-ish to the forum, idk how you can link pictures like this: iu_1195330_2436471.png

Artist in training suffering from art block at your service

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 11:41:09

At 4/27/24 11:36 AM, goldennewgrounds wrote:
Also, a bit off-topic I'm still new-ish to the forum, idk how you can link pictures like this:

Just slap the link to the NG submission in by itself! It’ll automatically appear as that preview there.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 11:47:40

Pluma by StaggerNight

Plinko by kaiakairos and

OC by Madmazel

I like all of the OC's, but these 3 are my favorite.

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

At 4/27/24 11:41 AM, Thetageist wrote:
At 4/27/24 11:36 AM, goldennewgrounds wrote:
Also, a bit off-topic I'm still new-ish to the forum, idk how you can link pictures like this:
Just slap the link to the NG submission in by itself! It’ll automatically appear as that preview there.

Alright, testing

EDIT: Aw nice it works

Artist in training suffering from art block at your service

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 11:56:36

Gabriela by Recruta

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 12:20:55

At 4/27/24 11:47 AM, fe3l1ngsk1lledd wrote: Pluma by StaggerNight

Plinko by kaiakairos and

OC by Madmazel

I like all of the OC's, but these 3 are my favorite.

Don’t forget to ping the people you’ve mentioned! I’d love to see them contribute - I always think it’s interesting to find out who the people you admire look up to in return!

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 13:00:23

@ZanMiller’s skeleton boy, Cinder

@OneGrumpyLumpy’s Sewer Dweller, Soapy

@PajamaHam’s psychotic “rabbit?”, Cacophony

@videojunk’s carefree sheep girl,… I think she’s just called Sheepgirl.

@Ne0noir’s alien snail engineer, Maxie

Now these are just the ones I can find that are SFW and the most recent. I can probably reach the hundreds if I browse through every single piece I favorited throughout the years.

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 13:14:16

Hmm, I don't know if I have favorites so I guess I can list the ones who designs I like from what I remember

@KeinBlue's sona has a neat design. (Inspired me to make some new sheets for some of my characters)

@Nebulate's Pip seems to be popular here and I can see why. Also agree

@Calmancyy's Beck is also a nice design.

It's weird that all the examples listed are bunnies...and I make bunnies as well, Guess I just like bunnies.

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 15:16:38

I follow so many artists that have OCs I absolutely love for so many different reasons, listing them all off would be a long list. Though seeing this forum title my brain immediately remembered a couple that I really enjoy.

LizardFungus's playstation robot. I always enjoy seeing inanimate things turned into characters and their interpretation of the PS1 is pretty cool and cute at once.

FunkySpaceAlien's 2 alien OCs are really pretty cool. I really like designs that are easy to notice by their funky proportions

Azeleon has a ton of really cool monster/alien designs, though this one is a personal favorite. Really like how it has both alien and natural rock parts of it.

SnowPounder also has a ton of nice designs, but this one they drew a while ago really stuck with me. Again, old technology being turned into a character is a soft spot of mine.

pinkmoth's boyzero is adorable on its own, but with how he is animated in very quick frames, especially in contrast to their other characters its hard not to like him

xenobitezz's persona is another soft spot I have of furry characters that don't necessarily have just one animal they are designed after.

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 15:20:45

FunkySpaceAlien is so good. Love their stuff.

At 4/27/24 03:16 PM, flameshake wrote: I follow so many artists that have OCs I absolutely love for so many different reasons, listing them all off would be a long list. Though seeing this forum title my brain immediately remembered a couple that I really enjoy.

LizardFungus's playstation robot. I always enjoy seeing inanimate things turned into characters and their interpretation of the PS1 is pretty cool and cute at once.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/lizardfungus/casual-playsation

FunkySpaceAlien's 2 alien OCs are really pretty cool. I really like designs that are easy to notice by their funky proportions
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/funkyspacealien/two-freaky

Azeleon has a ton of really cool monster/alien designs, though this one is a personal favorite. Really like how it has both alien and natural rock parts of it.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/azeleon/pathos-the-haxin-terminal

SnowPounder also has a ton of nice designs, but this one they drew a while ago really stuck with me. Again, old technology being turned into a character is a soft spot of mine.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/snowpounder/boy-jpg

pinkmoth's boyzero is adorable on its own, but with how he is animated in very quick frames, especially in contrast to their other characters its hard not to like him
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pinkmoth/happy-new-years-from-boyzero-and-friends

xenobitezz's persona is another soft spot I have of furry characters that don't necessarily have just one animal they are designed after.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/uvfozz/posin

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 17:15:14

Is it any wonder how she took the Newgrounds portal for while now?

I don't know if sonas count, but I really like @manolon's sona:

Nenufar by @bastionwh is also really adorable too!

I would list more, but I'd be getting into outside of Newgrounds and... Uh... Questionable territory. That, or I'd have to use fucking Twitter again.

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 17:48:45

@GMGT77 ‘s character Fang is one of my absolute favourite OCs on this site. He’s so damn cool (also why is this artist so underrated)

@graskip ‘s Star Mage character also really caught my eye, such a creative design!

@EthanDoesaThing ‘s character PiCi is really cute, one of the best computer OC designs imo. I love her AV cable pigtails.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 18:24:05

At 4/27/24 05:15 PM, k-cottonears wrote: I don't know if sonas count, but I really like @manolon's sona:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/manolon/mano-turnaround-2023

Although @ManoLon’s base persona is a character I liked but not my favorite, it’s his dragon form that I legit love!

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 19:25:07

At 4/27/24 05:48 PM, MondoBilby wrote: @EthanDoesaThing ‘s character PiCi is really cute, one of the best computer OC designs imo. I love her AV cable pigtails.
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ethandoesathing/new-oc-pici-personal-companion

There's another OC by @officiallythatboi called Judy. I get similar vibes, and she's adorable too!

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-27 19:47:40

I'm a huge fan of @OneGrumpyLumpy's Mildew

and also @ImPage's character, I haven't a clue what her name is though

I am the original GetterRocka

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-28 02:03:36

I'm not linking anyone or I'll be here all day cuz I fall in love/like characters from lots of people A TON, here we go:

Lots of babes, but most recently CEL by Taurmega

Peony and Tulip by FunnyPlush

Mary Mammary by TheNamesEllen

Lillith by Wheatley101

Erika and Claudia by ValmarDraws

Goth & Ellie by E-nat

Marina by GrumpyLumpy

Livi, Feli, Gloom by KDT yourself

And many more but I'm eepy

Tits dude

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-28 02:11:51

@Powerup136 has some pretty good ones

So does @ToastyHashBrown

BBS Signature

Mostly @OneGrumpyLumpy OC I Love especially Voca and Mildew

Also @ToastyHashBrown OC us well like Misha:

@TheDansome one OC's funny Demon Nun Dahlia mostly pics are one DA (Dan pls come back on NG):

Winwinstudios OC cyclops girl Bunjune, but it's one deviantart and it's outdated oc, i miss his drawing of her a lot.

Pic example of her by @RocketLamp

Human girl one and Dragon girl OCs of NSFW artist, but i can't mention here, cause is too spicy on christian forum, Whoever understood, understood

Forg

@mahogare 's vampire girl. No real hands but that's what makes her beautiful

iu_1195767_19026699.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-28 09:36:49

Uh, @R4X4R? You good?

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite OC From Someone Else! 2024-04-28 10:12:48

That would be decodedCHARA’s Estrelendas characters on twitter. They’re colorful and adorable.

iu_1195783_9503401.png

The staircase that's growth is infinite, but we should climb anyway to see how far we can go. But remember: growth starts with humility.