00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kf5555 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

WORST animating software?

995 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-03 13:22:42

At 5/3/24 01:13 PM, Czyszy wrote:
At 5/3/24 01:00 PM, METGamingGuy wrote:
At 5/3/24 11:35 AM, Czyszy wrote:
At 5/3/24 11:22 AM, METGamingGuy wrote: Personally, as an animation software, kritas alright but not GOOD. It fucking explodes and dies once you give it over 50 frames, and tweeting in it SUCKS.
IMO it is really fantastic, but only for drawn frame by frame animation. It's a bit of a one trick pony. If you're gonna do something that requires scaled vector drawings, complex motion tweens or rigged cutout/puppet animation, then I'd say Krita can't really cut it to be honest.

In addition to that, Krita isn't very suitable for using it as your sole piece of software to make a full fledged animated short in. My workflow involves making tiny bits of animation, scene by scene, layer by layer, and then, using some auxiliary editing tool, like Vegas, putting everything together. If I were to make an animation using ONLY Krita, it would simply be impossible for me.
Yeah, I get what ur sayin. Krita is good but extremely limited in what it can do. If you wanna do rigs, tweening, or anything that has more than 50-100 frames, ur kinda outta luck. It’s good in frame by frame, but it’s kinda mediocre at best animation software-wise.
I agree. Tho, I'd have to admit, that the stuff at which Krita is good, it's really damn good. After I got comfortable with working with its 2D frame-by-frame animation features, I can't go back to doing that in Flash. :)

Yeah, I can def see it’s really gdamn good at frame by frame, I just don’t use it anymore for that cuz of the performance issues, and for me Adobe Animate just feels kinda better to use.

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-03 15:26:39

At 5/3/24 12:48 PM, PeintiumMHX wrote:
At 4/30/24 11:15 PM, TheExtreamH wrote: im going to be in the minority here but Adobe Animate/ Flash.

Buggy unstable trash for what Adobe is demanding for the right to use it.
every animator uses it including ME

not every animator uses animate or flash

BBS Signature

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-03 16:39:02

Haven’t seen this said yet but: Photoshop. Don’t even try.

At 4/30/24 11:15 PM, TheExtreamH wrote: im going to be in the minority here but Adobe Animate/ Flash.

Buggy unstable trash for what Adobe is demanding for the right to use it.

Here on NG flash is loved because it was the only one giving power to make a lot of kinds of media.

Now the opportunities are more open and Adobe has fallen behind.

Some still uses it but they can't hide the fact that it can inevitably be shit sometimes.

BBS Signature

At 5/3/24 04:39 PM, Lolofyr wrote: Haven’t seen this said yet but: Photoshop. Don’t even try.

Price-tag and/or you had a hard time using it?

BBS Signature

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-04 02:28:44

At 5/3/24 09:08 PM, HENOOB wrote:
At 5/3/24 04:39 PM, Lolofyr wrote: Haven’t seen this said yet but: Photoshop. Don’t even try.
Price-tag and/or you had a hard time using it?

Both tbh, it’s just bad all around

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-04 13:12:10

At 4/29/24 05:19 PM, BlakeyTakeyTheCakey wrote: In other words, things that you wouldn't recommend to new animators

Pencil2D

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-04 13:47:50

At 5/2/24 02:15 AM, infrawash wrote: gimp , seriously why i can understand this

I don't use GIMP that much, so I can't comment on its quality. However, I keep hearing that Photoshop is better than GIMP despite Adobe's business practices, but I haven't investigated why. Why is that?

I also hear that GIMP 3.0 is coming out, so maybe interface changes and new features might address its criticisms.

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-04 16:05:24

At 5/4/24 01:47 PM, k-cottonears wrote:
At 5/2/24 02:15 AM, infrawash wrote: gimp , seriously why i can understand this
I don't use GIMP that much, so I can't comment on its quality. However, I keep hearing that Photoshop is better than GIMP despite Adobe's business practices, but I haven't investigated why. Why is that?

I also hear that GIMP 3.0 is coming out, so maybe interface changes and new features might address its criticisms.

Adobe Photoshop is a highly invested proprietary software that has a entire team focused on developing it while GIMP is a Free and Open Source software which is entirely dependent by programmers around the internet and donations.

Photoshop is better than GIMP, but it's price tag is way inferior than GIMP and it's usage gets closer to Photoshop's from every code those open source contributors write.

BBS Signature

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-04 17:37:57

I tried. It's very complicated to make a damn animatic, let alone a smooth and clean animation (Photoshop is still a great program though, it just wasn't meant to animate stuff in the first place).

BBS Signature

Response to WORST animating software? 2024-05-05 06:45:01

At 4/29/24 05:19 PM, BlakeyTakeyTheCakey wrote: In other words, things that you wouldn't recommend to new animators

anime studio, i couldnt export the animation like flash lets me to, tried creating a file thing and still, i cant export the animation