00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mihaithecool just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

5 Shades of Red Collab!

42,737 Views | 1,180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 01:05:50

i would have to agree with you on most points again there... once again, my little pic falls to the wayside, and our posts... disapear. oh well...

such is the life of my nothingness.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 01:37:35

umm... well i just want to say that the menu system for that last shades collab was an eyesore... with all those people and interest in the collab there had to have been someone who could make a good looking menu bar?.... from putting together so many time trials i made sure that i put an even greater effort on the menu than i often did on my own entry .. i mean this is what people see first for crying out loud.. do you want people to instantly roll their eyes before they even saw the fruits of your labor?..

None

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 01:45:31

At 1/22/05 01:37 AM, _Luis_ wrote: umm... well i just want to say that the menu system for that last shades collab was an eyesore... with all those people and interest in the collab there had to have been someone who could make a good looking menu bar?.... from putting together so many time trials i made sure that i put an even greater effort on the menu than i often did on my own entry .. i mean this is what people see first for crying out loud.. do you want people to instantly roll their eyes before they even saw the fruits of your labor?..

I always thought you did a superb job at making the title/menu screens for the Time Trials and you have a really good point Luis. When I participated in the Time Trails I could always rely on you making an early attention-grabber. I just wanted to tell you Luis, I don't know why.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 02:16:35

i thought twinsen's thing was awesome. it was one of my 2 favorite ones.

i love the way that the fly twisted around and stuff. the onyl thing i didnt like was the edn. it was too sudden, i woulda liked to see the fly lying there.

but yea, red project is gonna rule.. i think... :D :D :D :D

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 05:49:10

i don't know about the menu luis, but the preloader game is looking really neat! my other game too...

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 05:59:48

Can I use Alpha?

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:01:09

yes

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:02:52

At 1/22/05 06:01 AM, Inglor wrote: yes

ok cool...

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:07:31

hey! what does everybody think of our Preloader Game?

http://inglor.codingsector.com/pre.swf

not done yet, please suggest enhancments

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:09:30

how do you get into the 5 shades of red colab?

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:15:38

it costs experience points you gain by voting 5 on the 5 shades of green collab for a whole month...

seriusly?

-Inglor

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:24:27

At 1/22/05 06:09 AM, BabyKanga wrote: how do you get into the 5 shades of red colab?

Hey joe, you can join if you want, but read the first post; most of the info you need is there.

ARGH!
I'm feeeling really crap about this, i might give up this project, i dont seem to be going anywhere, and the competion seems way too much.
I'm still not sure.

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:26:10

Hey stick with it! I'm sure you can come up with something good :)

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:27:56

At 1/22/05 06:07 AM, Inglor wrote: hey! what does everybody think of our Preloader Game?

http://inglor.codingsector.com/pre.swf

not done yet, please suggest enhancments

howbout things like other emotions that power up.

like, adoration can give you a super beam for a short time, bashfulness is a sheild, infatuation - temporary invincibililty..

and the spaceship should change if you get a powerup, at least temporarily?

also, i dont understand how the movement of the range works, what if you made that controllable by the user?

looks nice for unfinished though. very nice...

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:37:11

At 1/22/05 06:24 AM, elkrobber wrote:
At 1/22/05 06:09 AM, BabyKanga wrote: how do you get into the 5 shades of red colab?
Hey joe, you can join if you want, but read the first post; most of the info you need is there.

ARGH!
I'm feeeling really crap about this, i might give up this project, i dont seem to be going anywhere, and the competion seems way too much.
I'm still not sure.

yea!

stay with it! iz not a competition, iz art!!!

please, even if you submit something that isnt impressive, if its good art, you add to the project, a LOT.

theres too much polished flash on the front page nowadays, ppl forget what art and beauty are. thats why green was so good, thats why i wanted to join red.

stay! the more the better, man!

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 06:47:47

At 1/22/05 06:37 AM, jello_i wrote: theres too much polished flash on the front page nowadays, ppl forget what art and beauty are. thats why green was so good, thats why i wanted to join red.

Lawl at excuse for shit flash!

/

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 07:07:35

At 1/22/05 06:47 AM, -Zef- wrote:
At 1/22/05 06:37 AM, jello_i wrote: theres too much polished flash on the front page nowadays, ppl forget what art and beauty are. thats why green was so good, thats why i wanted to join red.

Lawl at excuse for shit flash!

im not laughing. legendary frog and gerkinman can all go stuff their u2 collabs up their arse.

lol not to say i didnt give that collab a 3, and some of the artists in it were good..

but CRAP!! flash art is being reduced and squared into specific rules and regulations! i think the really great ppl on this site are the ppl like starsyndicate and mynamewontfitin who still do things interesting. not like legendaryfrog and every other person that copies off of him.

i mean, no offense, but he does the same things over and over. if thats what he wants to do, fine, but i wont, and the people i like most dont either.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 07:16:43

At 1/22/05 07:07 AM, jello_i wrote: im not laughing. legendary frog and gerkinman can all go stuff their u2 collabs up their arse.

Ye ai thought that was lame, same thing over and over in differnt styles make this red one BETTER!

/

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 07:16:51

lol and i was extremely disapointed to find they used U2's "one love' instead of BOB MARLEY

lets get together and feeeeel alright....

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 09:29:29

wel.... i won't post anything till it gets to a new page and maybe some all caps to catch attention.

and as for this little convo. no. 5 shades of green was "art" in a sense, but by no means was it brilliant. much of it was sloppy and unorganized to me. many were just there, and green. done, accepted.

this killed it, as some were good, but not really all that deep and/or generic.

harsh? no, it's logical, and when we all get over how 'good' we are and how proud we are, we beging to see and accept both the bad, and the ways in which we can improve. there is rarely beautiful or fulfilling art on NG. everything except 5% is the same re-processed bullshit.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:08:59

lol, good ol trick, noone commented about the preloader game yet (the current ver with the music)

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:21:45

here's the alpha to the alpha of our game (me and benny)

http://www.geocities.com/myholyauraofrunes/Flash/gravity_experiments.swf

this is just for ....
movement (left right)
flight (up)
falling (down)
gravity (constant)
sound (streamed in a looped movieclip)
easter egg (hovering)

while on a platform you can fall though it by hitting down
if you fall through bottom platform you'd be best off refreshing the window

in the beta of the aplha there will be a timer for flight time and a hearts you can collect that will randomly spawn themselves complete with a timer to tell you how many you have. removal of hearts per second may also be there.

enjoy!

note tell me of any bugs you may find
PS: like the music?

And as he lay dying he whispered,

"I wonder if they'll write a song about me."

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:24:03

haha the start of my movie:

http://img64.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img64&image=red1xw.swf

oh man i suck @ flash so bad....

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:25:54

well you don't suck but it definetly needs much much more work

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:30:13

very true. a brilliant way to get your movies better is to 'download' some of the best movies, stop them and zoom in and look at the techniques they used, but form your own.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:43:51

how come no one responds to my work?!?

aww man...trying to figure out how to stop flying without making people fall through platforms is hard...

And as he lay dying he whispered,

"I wonder if they'll write a song about me."

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:48:01

At 1/22/05 10:25 AM, Inglor wrote: well you don't suck but it definetly needs much much more work

I suck. Trust me.

The portal hates me, 6 movies with a realy big X on them...

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 10:55:04

my early stuff sucked too, oh well. just keep improving, stick with it.

and rune, not too fun as of yet, besides, i've had both of my things blatantly ignored, so deal with it.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 11:07:48

At 1/22/05 10:55 AM, TESM wrote: my early stuff sucked too, oh well. just keep improving, stick with it.

I hope to get to your level some day :)

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-01-22 11:45:56

comments like that drive me to improve more and more. do not look to me, because i am not good either, but look for inspiration in my willingness ot improve at all costs, and keep moving on.

i dunno if you go for realism or more cartoony looks, but definately, DEFINATELY, invest in some anatomy books, (i have one for real humans, realism, and one for anime)

despite popular love/hate, anime has truly excellent (maybe cheap sometimes, but...) animation techniques and art techniques, which is why i like it so.

i strive to improve all aspects such as sotry, art, plot, and everything. if we do not take the effort to improve ourselves in all area, we may be unfullfilled... maybe this is why i fail, but i push on, in hopes my study and love of knowledge and ambitions towards the gain of it will be fruitful.

you do the same. love your work, love it enough to hate and scorn and deleate it. i myself have deleated 20+ movies over 1 min long b/c i was unsatisfied with the fact i improved too much, or an area was lacking.

to make good movies, I have studied history, anatomy, cartoons, flash, biology, chemistry, politics, psycology, ancient literature, modern lit, etc, all in the name of improvement. i am not at that 'good' level yet, but i would love to be a renaissance man, either excelleling in all subjects, or none at all, but well versed in all... i'm on that road, i encourage you to do the same.