00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warning: Fake Tom Email

22,435 Views | 175 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 20:26:30

WTF!!! Why would they do this?! Maybe some virus came in. Maybe some idiot is so stupid to make us pissed...I dont know..But I know that what they or it is stupid!!!!!!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 20:59:29

Ha ha you are all idiots.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 21:35:46

At 3/17/05 09:51 AM, Zendra wrote: How the hell is is possible to mail with your e-mail adress? :s

You are gonna inform the FBI about this?

noooooooooooooooooob

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 21:54:38

At 3/18/05 08:26 PM, tommy_skelton wrote: Maybe some virus came in

-_-

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-18 23:07:50

At 3/18/05 09:54 PM, PhoenixJ wrote:
At 3/18/05 08:26 PM, tommy_skelton wrote: Maybe some virus came in
-_-

Knock knock.
Who's there.
A virus.
Oh, well then please just "come in."

Foenicks Jay, I'm scared.

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 00:17:28

At 3/18/05 07:22 PM, chachibenji wrote: This....moron...that would do....something....like.....this......find them.......kill them....seriously...they deserve it.

wtf!? are you truley that much of a tart, they sent a miscelanious file, its not the end of the world, they didn't just send computer AIDS or some shit like that, its a pointless file from a sort of spoof of toms e-mail adress to fuck with somebodies head. no need to call names n conspire the death of the retarded individual that did this. whether it was or was not a virus is yet to b determined, so stfu n enjoy the rest of the tarts that are prolly gonna say the same crap u did in different wording, nothing Tom can do about this dumbfuck, and that's exactly what needs to b done.... nothing

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 01:07:57

Idiot. He must go to jail and get shot for doing this, This world can be so cruel

yes.

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 01:17:41

Idiots have no life so they hack people's shit. Get the Newgrounds tank and blow their asses up.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 01:27:20

ugg, ok you guys i'm experenced in hacking (CAUSE I GET VIRUSES :( ) and i know this isn't hacking 1st of all, 2nd, to spoof an e-mail and send a 46k attachment (that could possibly be a virus) is easy so that leaves everyone that KNOWS tom, 3rd NO WAY that a action script simplifier (or whatever) can be 46k. Flash it's self is 138 MB, preset scripts take up like 1/4 of that, so to simplify it would be a HUGE file, so we have only a few suspects

1. he is a newgrounds member, with knowledge of flash

2. he has a sub-par e-mail system

3. doesn't know much about file sizes

so we are basiclly looking fora guy with a MAC or Windows, has Microsoft Outlook, with flash or has TRYED flash it's self and he has a visious sense of humor by sending a corrupt file.

my suggestions, put Tom's email on your spam list and cancel your daily top 5's until this "Spoof" passes us by and keep him block until we know more sorry tom :(

Warning: Fake Tom Email

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 01:32:54

This is probably the worst post in NG history...
Is it because of the 100$ that people try so hard to kiss some ass?

I guess I shouldn't have read replies to this post. Well that's what everybody do anyways. They don't read, they post the same question that have been already answered in such a beautiful and vulgarised way that even the dumbest noob can understand. People just don't care.

Never mind, thanks for the fact and a big thank you to all the people that helps to keep I.Q. a little higher here on NG.

Get a brain Zombies!

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 03:46:42

At 3/18/05 11:36 AM, Gothhana wrote: I wonder how someone can do that??

Lots of programs are can spoof email headers. That's what spam mailers do all the time so you can't ever block their real email address. Trust me, it's easier than you think.

Pah. I bet you the person has already given up by now.

you didn't see nothing, capisce?

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 04:02:15

I also go0t something from Tom....

It said:

Hello.

Congratulations! Your submission just got in the front page! For that I would like you to give me your Username and Password so I can officialy make you an admin of NG!

Obviously I didn't believe because:
1.Why would Tom give me admin authorities... for front page?
2. I don't have any submissions...

So I noticed that Hackers are getting stupider and shittier everytime

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 08:06:45

At 3/17/05 10:08 PM, -Dmitry- wrote: Email spoofing is nothing. Suing someone for it is like suing someone for socking you in the face.

Because no-one ever gets jailed for assault.

...oh wait...

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 08:16:44

LOLOLOL I hope by saying something VERY witty and smart I will get a REPLY from teh grandmaster tom.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 08:32:49

At 3/18/05 08:18 PM, Mecca wrote: You should find out who it is, and send them a mail from wade, saying something and having the same file attached. Then delete their accounts. ):<

They'd really fall for that wouldn't they?

but seriously, just think about that plan for a second.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 12:24:52

i just don't understand hackers, don't they have anything to do or, do they ruin peoples computers just for fun. Someone tried to hack into my computer last week but I had firewall, so it didn't work.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-19 13:41:41

i can spoof e-mail adresses and it very possible to send e-mails from anyone to anyone you want, if you dont believe me i can test it on you but i need your e-mail adress

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-20 05:52:33

I knew Wade was up to something =p. Damn those bastard virus spreading ... bastards.

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-20 08:46:19

At 3/19/05 01:27 AM, MadKid wrote: ugg, ok you guys i'm experenced in hacking

Lol, you're fucking retarted.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-20 10:53:34

i may just be stupid or something but
can't that person be punished for fraud?

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-20 14:21:52

no, because he cant catch him

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-20 21:35:08

At 3/19/05 01:27 AM, MadKid wrote:
1. he is a newgrounds member, with knowledge of flash

2. he has a sub-par e-mail system

3. doesn't know much about file sizes

Not even. He used a simple e-mail spoofer. He can't even write so he's not even a good hacker (not that you have to have good grammar to be a good hacker, but if can't type correctly, it's apparant you didn't make any of your own code).

He doesn't neccessarily have any knowledge of Flash. He just comes to NG, picks a random Flash, gets the email of the creator, and sends the email. He doesn't neccessarily have to be a Newgrounds member, and he doens't have to know Flash to say "this is a Flash simplifier" (or whatever he said).

Pretty simple. A 12-year old idiot who thinks he'll be famous for doing this (and sort of is) could make this email, and that's probably the profile of the person who did this.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-21 16:47:53

At 3/17/05 11:18 AM, Slipperymooseballs wrote: tom got hacked? omfg omfg omfg loser

ROFL, you don't have to hack, just display someone else's e-mail address when you send an e-mail (This is usually done in a regular e-mail program as opposed to an online mail service like Hotmail).

If one gets advanced details on the e-mail, they can get the IP address it was sent from, which can be tracked to a specific location with the proper software, and with some intuition, can figure out the internet provider behind the e-mail.

Formerly penisstar, now so gay that cr0m cries in his grave. The Star Syndickate can suck my balls uwu. Sevenstar is still a pedophile, except older and creepier.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-21 16:51:34

At 3/20/05 09:35 PM, GregHead wrote:
Not even. He used a simple e-mail spoofer. He can't even write so he's not even a good hacker (not that you have to have good grammar to be a good hacker, but if can't type correctly, it's apparant you didn't make any of your own code).

Just to emphasize, some computer programmers actually do have bad spelling. Programming is structured to get around this (as far as the naming of variables; all that's required is consystencie [yes I misspelled that on purpose]). In other manners such as commands and the such (forgive me if I'm not using the proper terminology), the compiler often can find these errors and point them out so it can be corrected easily.

Formerly penisstar, now so gay that cr0m cries in his grave. The Star Syndickate can suck my balls uwu. Sevenstar is still a pedophile, except older and creepier.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-21 22:21:04

its happened to me before and it sucks. really does when its on a messenger. they change your pass and your screwed.

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-22 11:30:28

Yeah ! I have one

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-22 14:53:39

who do you think sent it?

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-22 16:28:00

My computer deletes all attachments for some reson but thanks for the warning
Aicd

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-22 20:51:03

actuallly not to much of a hack more of a fake or remake of some1 else in power :d but what i've seen happen is like this time some1 disguising themselves of a as a AIM admininstarative producer like a bot kinda called VirusBot1. I dont understand hackers because if they are comp geeks then y destroy there own group of computer worshipping spazzes y because i guess they suck ass :d lol but probuly bored or they kno that they can hack so y not test it out hmmmmmmmm ionno i think there qwuerr

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature

Response to Warning: Fake Tom Email 2005-03-22 20:52:44

At 3/19/05 08:16 AM, gotunks4 wrote: LOLOLOL I hope by saying something VERY witty and smart I will get a REPLY from teh grandmaster tom.

u want a fake tom or the real 1 ?

And just like that....he was gone...

BBS Signature