00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,752,554 Views | 87,862 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 09:41:57

Coop gets into a bit of Pirate Metal, before congratulating:
NewsReporter: #777 Most Experienced
Psych: Level 11
Shaun: 18,000 Experience
sandwich-eater: 1,111 Blams
SCTE3: 12,000 Experience

Listening to:
Alestorm - Keelhauled

At 10/17/11 07:17 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/16/11 08:46 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/16/11 07:55 AM, Bahamut wrote: Oh shit, Coop's been doing some dodgy stuff!
It was only a pigeon. Not even like it had been mauled by a cat or anything.
Then what about those hookers?

That's nothing to do with me.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 10:21:25

Top 400 B/Per.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 12:18:35

Thanks for voting, Hacsev! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 12,830 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 35. The next Grounds Gold day begins in 11 hours, 42 minutes, and 14 seconds.

I'm diggin' this new level icon!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 12:27:55

Awwww yeah level 35! Just one more level till I get the icon I've wanted since the redesign. Hopefully it doesn't come before that. I want that Tomahawk!

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 12:31:45

At 10/14/11 06:16 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/13/11 04:16 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/13/11 04:54 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/12/11 04:04 PM, Haggard wrote: If you ever decide to pick up german again, let me know. We could help out each other: I help you with learning german and you can help me to improve my english. ^^
Fair enough, though your English is a lot better than my German
Well, considering that I speak english for nearly 20 years now that shouldn't be surprising.

It still could be a lot better, I guess, especially my pronouncation. I seem to have a very strong german accent, at least I have been identified as a german guy by my accent. ^^
And I've been identified as a Geordie, a Brummie, a Scouser, a Cockney and an Australian, by my accent. None of which I would say fit my own regional accent :P

Lol, maybe I should try to speak english with a bavarian accent.

I now am in my 7th year at university (6 and a half years to be exact). About time I finish my studies.
I think my cousin did 8 or 9 years and has only just found out what the Dole queue is like :P
Lol, I hope I can avoid that. But I honsetly don't know where to work after I finished my studies.
Something will happen - fancy a job working in Greece? Since you own about a third of their country now, isn't it?
I can see one tiny problem there: I don't speek any greek whatsoever.
I'm sure you'd pick it up.
Kinda hard if you can't even read the language. My knowledge of greek letters is limited to what I learned in maths, lol.
That's what Greek is - advanced maths:

"If sigma is equal to pi minus the cube of theta, how much tax do we pay?"

The common man: "Too much!"
The politican: "Not enough!"

At 10/14/11 07:11 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/13/11 07:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: No, Manowar are up next.
I don't think so.
I sure think so.

I hate to disappoint you, but no.

No need, it'll be a blast.
A shit blast, that's for sure.
Shit blast? That doesn't even make any sense.

If "a blast" means "it will be great fun" then "a shit blast" obviously means "it will be great fun if you like to smear yourself with feces".
Or maybe I should just stop trying to be funny when I'm tired.

I still prefer better performance.
Then you should choose PAL. PAL isn't to blame for lousy conversions.
No, I go with NTSC for smoother performance.

BOOOOOO!

At 10/15/11 04:50 AM, Auz wrote:
At 10/12/11 04:04 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/12/11 03:49 PM, Auz wrote: That is an excellent throw. Not many goalies can throw that far. And here you can clearly see that he's very beneficial to the team.
I think he's done something similar in the match against England. So with Neuer in your team you can have some very quick counter attacks.
I think he might be very much like van der Sar (ex-goalie of the Dutch team). He'll only throw or kick the ball to the front if it immediately results in a dangerous counter attack. Otherwise he'll just pass it to his defender to keep the ball on their team (rather than a blind kick forwards).

I hate van der Sar. He always played so well against Germany. ^^

Let's set up our tents at Times Square.
And on Tiananmen Square!
Actually, I believe they're protesting everywhere in the world today. I believe the protest is going to kick off in an hour in my city today. I could go, but on the other hand I can't really be arsed. Last time I went to a protest I thought it was quite boring.

They should at least give us some credit. It was OUR idea to start a riot, after all.

We'll just have to upgrade them then.
More power!
You know, I saw Iron Man again yesterday and that gave me an idea. How about we equip them with a suit with which they can fly at supersonic speeds and shoot lasers from their palms?

If they are stupid enough to follow our orders (so they won't turn against us) it would be great.

*Pops his head back in*
*Glares*
Problem, sir?

*Leaves*
Thought so.
*grin*
I know where you live.

and where your wife lives |: |

Not hard to figure out, since you are standing in my front door.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 13:42:01

Congratulations to:
Newsreporter - 777 Experience
NinoGrounds - Police captain
Psych - Level 11 and Police officer (always nice when milestones come on the same day)
Shaun - 18000 Experience
sandwich-eater - 1111 blams
SCTE3 - 12,000 Experience
Tycrane - Top 400 B/P
Hacsev - Level 35
AlphaCentauri - Level 35

@Coop - I never knew pirate metal existed as a genre so had to check out Alestorm after seeing your post - I'm now wishing I'd heard of them years ago!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-17 16:07:18

Listening to
The Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue (album)

On LP. Because we finally got our LP player up and running :D

At 10/15/11 05:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/15/11 04:50 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah, Kingdom Hearts was just a weird experiment, but I suppose it turned out rather well. I've only played one for the GBA and I have to say that it was quite a fun game. Considering the fan base it has today you could say it was a success.
I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts and I have no desire to play them. At least they supply the games with Disney villains. Well, one of them anyway.

Oh yes, that's the fun part. I remember fighting Jafar and Hades. Pretty fun fights.

I did never got to finishing the game though due to some hard as balls boss fight near the ending with Rikku or whoever the main rival was.

At 10/15/11 08:44 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/15/11 04:50 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah, but I suppose most of those players had gotten old too by then and you can't win with a team of old folks. And yes, Clough probably had a great influence.
The way that old big 'ead managed, the team wouldn't have unravelled after 2 seasons. He was just too good a manager to replace

So did he do anything else after Nottingham or did he decide to quit at his peak?

At 10/15/11 05:43 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 10/15/11 05:32 PM, Coop wrote: Right, I've done an update for the top 100 flash responses and it turns out that I'm number 5. Sweet.

Top 5 Flash Review Responses
Top 25 flash review responses!!

Top 80 flash review responses!?

At 10/17/11 12:31 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/15/11 04:50 AM, Auz wrote: I think he might be very much like van der Sar (ex-goalie of the Dutch team). He'll only throw or kick the ball to the front if it immediately results in a dangerous counter attack. Otherwise he'll just pass it to his defender to keep the ball on their team (rather than a blind kick forwards).
I hate van der Sar. He always played so well against Germany. ^^

He always played well against everybody ^^

Actually, I believe they're protesting everywhere in the world today. I believe the protest is going to kick off in an hour in my city today. I could go, but on the other hand I can't really be arsed. Last time I went to a protest I thought it was quite boring.
They should at least give us some credit. It was OUR idea to start a riot, after all.

Indeed. Someone must've stolen our idea.

You know, I saw Iron Man again yesterday and that gave me an idea. How about we equip them with a suit with which they can fly at supersonic speeds and shoot lasers from their palms?
If they are stupid enough to follow our orders (so they won't turn against us) it would be great.

I think I'm intimidating enough >:)

I know where you live.

I thought this was a gas station >.> <.<

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 00:08:07

Thanks for voting, Asandir! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 3,000 experience points.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 04:12:49

Coop wrestles with the works internet connection, before congratulating:
Tycrane: Top 400 B/Per
Hacsev: Level 35
AlphaCentauri: Level 35
Asandir: 3,000 Experience

At 10/17/11 11:51 AM, Odyssic wrote: I may be back later.

1 more point. If you're not, I'll be surprised

At 10/12/11 04:04 PM, Haggard wrote: If you ever decide to pick up german again, let me know. We could help out each other: I help you with learning german and you can help me to improve my english. ^^
Well, considering that I speak english for nearly 20 years now that shouldn't be surprising.

It still could be a lot better, I guess, especially my pronouncation. I seem to have a very strong german accent, at least I have been identified as a german guy by my accent. ^^
And I've been identified as a Geordie, a Brummie, a Scouser, a Cockney and an Australian, by my accent. None of which I would say fit my own regional accent :P

Yours would be better than mine - I end up sounding like the German officers from Allo Allo :P

At 10/17/11 01:42 PM, philonous wrote: @Coop - I never knew pirate metal existed as a genre so had to check out Alestorm after seeing your post - I'm now wishing I'd heard of them years ago!

One innocent enough thread in General and now everyone on NG loves Alestorm.

At 10/17/11 04:07 PM, Auz wrote:
At 10/15/11 08:44 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/15/11 04:50 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah, but I suppose most of those players had gotten old too by then and you can't win with a team of old folks. And yes, Clough probably had a great influence.
The way that old big 'ead managed, the team wouldn't have unravelled after 2 seasons. He was just too good a manager to replace
So did he do anything else after Nottingham or did he decide to quit at his peak?

He called it quits after 28 years managing in the game with Hartlepool, Derby, Brighton, Leeds and Notts Forest. Still the best manager that has ever workied with an English Club, regardless of what Man United fans say.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 06:50:08

Listening to:

Argus - Argus

Thanks to:

Coop
Odyssic
philonous... Didn't you have a former username?

At 10/17/11 09:41 AM, Coop wrote: Coop gets into a bit of Pirate Metal, before congratulating:

It's as much of a real genre as viking metal.

At 10/17/11 07:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then what about those hookers?

Then who's involved with it?

At 10/14/11 07:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I sure think so.

If that's the case, the series will not be complete without Manowar.

If "a blast" means "it will be great fun" then "a shit blast" obviously means "it will be great fun if you like to smear yourself with feces".

Yeah, you blow at this argument here.

BOOOOOO!

This is another thing to add as well.

At 10/15/11 05:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: I haven't touched Kingdom Hearts and I have no desire to play them. At least they supply the games with Disney villains. Well, one of them anyway.
Oh yes, that's the fun part. I remember fighting Jafar and Hades. Pretty fun fights.

Now that does sound cool.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 16:24:28

I just passed 79,000 BP!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 16:50:16

How wonderful. 25,000 Saves.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 17:22:49

Congratulations to:
Asandir - 3000 experience
Odyssic - 32,000B/P & rank 150 in B/P
Auz - 79,000 B/P
gamejunkie - 25,000 saves

At 10/18/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Thanks to:

Coop
Odyssic
philonous... Didn't you have a former username?

Not me I'm afraid, my username has always been philonous

At 10/18/11 04:12 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/17/11 01:42 PM, philonous wrote: @Coop - I never knew pirate metal existed as a genre so had to check out Alestorm after seeing your post - I'm now wishing I'd heard of them years ago!

Metal songs about pirates - what's not to love? I'm jut hoping that somewhere out there, someone has produced some ninja-dubstep...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-18 22:09:20

15,000 experience points!

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 04:02:36

Coop gets the biscuits in (dark and regular chocolate hobnobs), before congratulating:
Odyssic: 32,000 B/P; Top 150 B/Per
Auz: 79,000 B/P
gamejunkie: 25,000 Saves
ihatesonic1: Praporshchik
idiot-buster: 15,000 Experience

At 10/17/11 09:41 AM, Coop wrote: Coop gets into a bit of Pirate Metal, before congratulating:
It's as much of a real genre as viking metal.

I never said it wasn't.

At 10/17/11 07:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then what about those hookers?
Then who's involved with it?

My cousin, I suspect. If you're into dead hookers, I'll give you his number.

At 10/18/11 08:33 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 10/18/11 04:12 AM, Coop wrote: 1 more point. If you're not, I'll be surprised
I know right, how long does it take to get 7 Blams?

One good day for me. Granted, I've had a few days when just 1 blam showed up :(

At 10/18/11 05:22 PM, philonous wrote:
Metal songs about pirates - what's not to love? I'm jut hoping that somewhere out there, someone has produced some ninja-dubstep...

Be the first - you know you want to.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 05:34:40

At 10/17/11 12:31 PM, Haggard wrote: I hate van der Sar. He always played so well against Germany. ^^
He always played well against everybody ^^

One more reason to hate him. >:(

Indeed. Someone must've stolen our idea.

So we have a case of theft of intellectual property. This is not nice. Where is our army of flame proof gooy zombies armed with segways and laser beams?

I think I'm intimidating enough >:)

I hope so.

I know where you live.

I thought this was a gas station >.> <.<

It is, but we live in the back. So you are standing in our front door, so to speak.

Yours would be better than mine - I end up sounding like the German officers from Allo Allo :P

And yet another show I never heard of. :(

At 10/14/11 07:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I sure think so.
If that's the case, the series will not be complete without Manowar.

It's about "lesser known metal bands" and I think you agree with me that Manowar don't fit into that category.

Hey, I can always talk my way out by saying that english isn't my first language. HA!

BOOOOOO!

Say what now?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 06:16:50

You passed 62,000 B/P! Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 07:22:27

Listening to:

Argus - Argus

At 10/18/11 04:47 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 10/17/11 07:17 AM, Bahamut wrote: It still shows what a disgrace this country is and I'm ashamed some actually didn't go straight to jail for it.
Riot starts
People on bandwagon
Seems like a legit riot
/sarcasm

I just hope whatever the hell is happening with Occupy Wall Street is a real protest and not leading to any riots. That's what's happened to all our protests ever since those couples took over the country.

BEN creepypasta is one of the very few good things that came out from 4chan. I will give it credit for doing something legitimately scary.
Yea, it was mostly codes being put on for all the scary stuff but the Elegy doll was still pretty creepy to me. They did a great job of making both the videos and story creepy.

I definitely agree. I know it's fake but I can still see the fun in it so I'm not going to stop enjoying it. Although, I may not want to watch the videos too often. :P

At 10/18/11 05:22 PM, philonous wrote: Not me I'm afraid, my username has always been philonous

Ah ok, In that case, welcome back to Newgrounds.

Can't say I'm a fan of dubstep but that actually sounds pretty cool.

At 10/19/11 04:02 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/18/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then who's involved with it?

No no, I don't want any dead hookers.

At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/18/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: If that's the case, the series will not be complete without Manowar.
It's about "lesser known metal bands" and I think you agree with me that Manowar don't fit into that category.

As a matter of fact, yes but it still doesn't stop me from thinking you've been planning to make a Manowar post all along.

Hey, I can always talk my way out by saying that english isn't my first language. HA!

But you speak English well.

Say what now?

Our arguments, of course.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 08:16:26

Level 36! :)

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 16:43:57

Congratulations to:
ihatesonic1 - Praporshchik
idiot-buster - 15,000 experience
Pokemonpoeguygcn - 62,000 B/P
DarkSoldier - level 36 (one of the best icons IMO)
SCTE3 - 1,300 audio review responses
Martin - top 90 in B/P

Hmmm, something like: wubwubwubwubwub*shuriken*wubwubwubwub*ka tana*wubwub*flip out and kill people*wubwubwubwub

At 10/19/11 07:22 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/18/11 05:22 PM, philonous wrote: Not me I'm afraid, my username has always been philonous
Ah ok, In that case, welcome back to Newgrounds.

Thanks very much, I'm regretting having spent so much time away. Particularly as with all the deposits I've missed, I could be level 51 right now!

That's the genius of ninja-dubstep - it's so stealthy, you can't actually hear it...

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-19 17:33:22

150000 medal points! Even though it's not a very special number, I'm still quite happy to be the first one to reach it. =)

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 01:07:03

Level 31! And 10,000 total EXP is going to come tomorrow so I'll just combine them all into one post. I'm finally getting into the good weapons soon.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 01:47:28

10k medal points!!!1

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 05:12:03

Coop gives up on having a lie in, before congratulating:
Pokemonpoeguygcn: 62,000 B/P
DarkSoldier: Level 36
SCTE3: 1,300 Audio Review Responses
Martin: Top 90 B/Per
FBIpolux: 8th NG Berfday
Nijsse: 150,000 Medal Points
Ship: Level 31; 10,000 Experience
AnalPenguinFarming: 10,000 Medal Points

Listening to:
Apollo440 - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub
Weird Al - Since You've Been Gone
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - All Along The Watchtower
Poison - Talk Dirty To Me

At 10/19/11 05:34 AM, Haggard wrote:

And yet another show I never heard of. :(

Damn - it was a great WWII comedy, set within the French Resistance and "hero" Rene Artois, who runs a cafe in a picturesque occupied French town. Basically, he gets called on by the corrupt German officers to run errands, while also working covert missions for the resistance. Things go wrong all the time and most of these could result in him getting shot by one side, the other or indeed both.

This should be more concise.

At 10/19/11 07:22 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 10/18/11 06:50 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then who's involved with it?
No no, I don't want any dead hookers.

Not even Cold Ethyl?

At 10/19/11 04:43 PM, philonous wrote:
Hmmm, something like: wubwubwubwubwub*shuriken*wubwubwubwub*ka tana*wubwub*flip out and kill people*wubwubwubwub

Nah, it would be silence :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 06:47:43

Today I leave on a short break. I shall be going to Alton Towers tomorrow. Be back on Saturday.

At 10/19/11 10:07 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 10/19/11 07:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: I just hope whatever the hell is happening with Occupy Wall Street is a real protest and not leading to any riots. That's what's happened to all our protests ever since those couples took over the country.
As far as I know and have heard it's mostly a very disorganized protest all around. People are bandwagon hopping and spreading this shit around. It's gone from New York or wherever it is at to places in Canada in Texas as well. It's mostly idiots whining at big companies for making money while they are poor and not able to find jobs.

I had a feeling it was some sort of bandwagon.

They want jobs? Go look for them!

Well, I will relate to them here. The problem is that there are no fucking jobs around. That's why so many of us are pissed at our governments.

I definitely agree. I know it's fake but I can still see the fun in it so I'm not going to stop enjoying it. Although, I may not want to watch the videos too often. :P
I think the thing that tended to creep me out the most was the music just playing in reverse all the time only. That and someone made a short video out of it and did well with it.

Oh god, the music alone was creepy, and then you had the mask man showing up at random.

At 10/19/11 04:43 PM, philonous wrote:
At 10/19/11 07:22 AM, Bahamut wrote: Ah ok, In that case, welcome back to Newgrounds.
Thanks very much, I'm regretting having spent so much time away. Particularly as with all the deposits I've missed, I could be level 51 right now!

*Looks at own and Coop's level* Yeah, about that...

That's the genius of ninja-dubstep - it's so stealthy, you can't actually hear it...

I prefer the idea of a ninja parade.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 07:04:47

You passed 6.00 votes. Nicely done!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 16:29:06

10/20/11 04:21 PM
Level 48

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 17:34:23

Know this is normally a bit frowned upon, but I'm going to post it anyway.

4.00 posts per day

Feels like a nice achievement, since it has taken me quite long to get from 3.00 PPD to 4.00 PPD. With my current posting pace I should be able to get to 5.00 PPD too eventually but that is surely going to take years.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 18:11:25

Entered Top 10k in B/P ranks

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2011-10-20 23:17:55

So the Metal Hell has reached 2500 pages of posting history. I'm here to brag in the name of the best Crew on Newgrounds !