00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

brabbit117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of January, TV Appearance!

15,809 Views | 132 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 20:44:10

Attention Glaeil Gamer (or however you spell your name): be very cautious about what you say, when the awards first came out Tom said he would get rid of thme if people started being greedy. At the moment you are not being greedy now but if you continue to get 6th, try not to complain too much or at least pick the right words or you might spoil it for everyone.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 21:23:55

At 2/9/06 08:40 PM, bica1 wrote: Glaciel, I can understand your frustration, but at the same time you should be happy that you managed to get 6th place, or even frontpage. There are peopl.......etcetcetc....
And I'm sure if you keep trying you will get top 5, don't you worry about that. I really think you can do it <:D

he's been in top 5 before, so no worries!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 21:30:50

The Gayest Showdown was number 7? O.o

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 21:48:57

At 2/9/06 09:23 PM, DanPaladin wrote:

he's been in top 5 before, so no worries!

ok then, I am going to just have to work on getting better, he obviously is really good, and doesn't really have anything to be sad about <:D lol

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 22:13:51

Awesome, #9 :D
Pretty good winners this month, although Bankomat no doubt should have been in the top 5, same with NightStrike. I don't really like Armor Games Snowball, it was way too simple and poorly executed. It had a lot going for it and there was soooooo much more the author could have done with it, but he didn't. Jack Russell was meh, it's been done a lot before, just with new art and new maps this time. I'm glad my game didn't win because it was kind of a joke and I didn't put too much effort into it, and there are much more deserving games. Alright well, hopefully White Knight will do just as well, and will hopefully be submitted this month.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 22:54:03

Once again, overrated stuff equals "ZFOGM VOTE FIEFN!!!" for alot of the voters. This is why only letting the top 2000 voting sucks, most of the top 2000 people wouldn't know good flash if it crawled up their ass and ate away their brain. Oh well, its just something you gotta get used to -_-

I agree with Denvish on the whole series thing except with Another Day 7 and Paladin 4, those two are the only ones in the top 5 that are deserving.

As for the Gayest Showdown, I thought it was really funny and totally deserving of a spot on the runner-ups at the least.

I think Twist of Fate and Bankomat deserved to be in the top 5 way more than Salad Fingers 7, Play More, and Xombie 7, but then again Newgrounds is gay like that so as I've said before "oh well"

As for the other runner-up's, illwillpress' movie was horrible and nowhere near deserving of a spot in the runner-up's, but he has so many 13 year old fans who jack off to his shit and vote 5 all the time so of course he gets a spot when he doesn't deserve it. The Real Eggman was funny, but I think BigArmyBug's F-Day/Wade Day movie deserved the notoriety and spot in the runner-ups more. As for Goomba Vol.3 and Super Mario Land IV, they were incredibally overrated and only got there because of people who love video game parodies with no actual animation.

Overrated stuff has once again stolen the rewards from those who actually deserve it. This shit is really getting monotonous.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 23:05:20

At 2/9/06 10:54 PM, Steam_Shade wrote: only letting the top 2000 voting sucks, most of the top 2000 people wouldn't know good flash if it crawled up their ass and ate away their brain.

Isn't this somewhat counter-intuitive? Wouldnt the top 2000 have the most experience with voting on flash on Newgrounds? They would have to submit

And you can vote as well, if you submit your own content and get on the front page.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 23:11:27

At 2/9/06 11:05 PM, jmtb02 wrote: They would have to submit

I just realized I didnt finish that sentence... lol. They would have to submit and vote for five submissions for at least a year or so in order to get that high... so basically, I think they deserve it and are also most qualified, if you are trying to gather a large quantity of people to vote.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 23:36:19

I find it funny how people are going on and on how it is unfair the same series keep winning each month and there should be room for new artists. But then those same people are putting down gayest showdown. What happened to all that artistic creativity you were speaking of?

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-09 23:56:59

Oh good, James Farr and David Firth get more money. That makes me so warm inside...the only one that deserved to be in the top 5 was Another Day 7. Good Job SFB's!!

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 00:10:08

I'll try and catch the 3 AM one.. or well tape it.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 00:19:57

Damn predictable Top 5, mix it up a bit you newgrounds fools. Stop giving the great flash artists all the money. Especially James Farr, he only uses the money to cut himself to see if he still feels.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 02:24:52

Congrats to all the winners.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 04:27:44

If the Gayest Showdown would've gotten #1 instead of #7, people here, or at least the ones who take the Ultimate Showdown way too seriously, would've gone extremely batshit.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 05:28:13

At 2/9/06 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote:

:The Walkman is meant for people in the UK, so anyone else won't be able to plug it in to an outlet to charge it. Luckily, you can charge it via USB cable, so it doesn't much matter!

Shouldn't that be matter much not much matter?? Tut tut setting a bad example.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 06:27:17

i think we can all agree on one thing here:

No matter who wins, someone's always going to complain about them, because opinions differ.
It's pointless to argue about it.

AND BTW I'm not complaining about NightStrike getting 6th, i'm fine with it (I already got sponsorship money from tom when i first released it anyways)

I just hate it when people complain about the system, and in the end there's nothing we can do about it. No matter who you let vote, there's always going to be some problems.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 08:43:23

Good luck, i wish i had that channel though, damn.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 09:56:27

At 2/10/06 06:27 AM, Glaiel_Gamer wrote: i think we can all agree on one thing here:

No matter who wins, someone's always going to complain about them, because opinions differ.
It's pointless to argue about it.

AND BTW I'm not complaining about NightStrike getting 6th, i'm fine with it (I already got sponsorship money from tom when i first released it anyways)

I just hate it when people complain about the system, and in the end there's nothing we can do about it. No matter who you let vote, there's always going to be some problems.

Glaiel! You've always been like a "competitor/rival" in my head. All the time you beat me with frontpages and portal awards. Good work on your games and all but this time I beat you heheheh... ahem.
Seriously, nightstrike is really quite cool though. The scripts and execution was splendid.

Congrats to all winners including myself. This is my second monthly win. (last time it was Sabermania). Thanks to all those who voted and supported. Yes, it looks simple, a little too simple but looks can be deceiving. After playing it, you'll know why it got that far.

I agree with Glaiel here. There's a voting system and sometimes the results look unfair but there is ALWAYS a reason behind everything. The winners here won (or get to the runner-ups) because they KNOW how to GET THERE, and it is not all about making a good flash. And the top 2000 seem to have a voting pattern too. Complaining won't do a thing here. And also, if you think some flash should've been in the list or should've won and didn't, there is always a reason. In the end it's not about making a flash better than other flashes. It's about winning the heart of the 2000 people.

Thanks to Tom for holding this competition. Last time the parcel didn't reach my home though. I hope it will this time. I wanna show off the NG shirt in my college! (And promote NG)

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 10:01:11

BTW you guys. It doesn't suck to get 6th place. It's already superb. Other authors with good flash sometimes haven't even got the chance to get a portal award. Now that will suck big.

I think Glaiel got a monthly win for Super Soldier... right?

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 11:47:14

At 2/9/06 09:50 AM, TomFulp wrote: TOP 5 MOVIES:
1. Xombie: Chapter 7
2. Salad Fingers Episode 7
3. -Play More-
4. PALADIN episode 4
5. Another Day Seven

All great choices!

TOP 5 GAMES:
1. gogo Happy & Smile
2. Serious Santa
3. Ball Revamped 4
4. Jack Russell
5. Armor Games Snowball

Same here.

RUNNER UP MOVIES:
6. Bankomat

Never saw it, but I heard it was good.

7. The Gayest Showdown

LOL

8. Liar 2

This should\'ve been in the top 5 for it\'s animation alone.

11. Germaine\'s Web Cam

The Hatta\'s Rant was better.

12. The REAL Eggman

This should\'ve been in the top 5 as well. It was down-right hilarious.

20. The History of Animation

Meh.

RUNNER UP GAMES:
6. NightStrike (Sorry Glaiel, #6 again)

So close and yet so far away. :(

7. Dress Up Sim 2

This one should\'ve been a top 5er. It was just perfect.

8. Ninjaman!
9. Defend Your Temple
12. Perfect Pizza
13. Demon Girl
14. Feed Lindsay!
16. Whack Your PC
17. Katamari Flash
18. A Koopa\'s Revenge
20. Jack French #1

These were all nice games.

Congrats to all the winners! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 12:38:18

once again the monthly winners proves yet again you're all a bunch of faggots

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 12:53:08

What channel is G4TV on Sky sattelite

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 14:00:34

for top movie always hard to win when a episode of xombie is there,that series has like 5 flash in the top 50,congrat to gogo Happy & Smile for best game

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 17:13:21

Notwithstanding who actually won, sheep still go to heaven...

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 17:37:22

At 2/10/06 05:13 PM, bomtoons wrote: Notwithstanding who actually won, sheep still go to heaven...

I voted for yours. And not just because I am a huge cake fan, I actually liked the game a lot...

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 19:58:30

I always notice all these people I like that never post anywhere else here :)

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 20:05:39

At 2/10/06 12:53 PM, UDarkling wrote: What channel is G4TV on Sky sattelite

Lol you missed the greatest episode that show will ever have. It was awesome! It was somewhere past MTV and the 300's.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 20:32:58

At 2/10/06 05:37 PM, jmtb02 wrote:
At 2/10/06 05:13 PM, bomtoons wrote: Notwithstanding who actually won, sheep still go to heaven...
I voted for yours. And not just because I am a huge cake fan, I actually liked the game a lot...

Hey, thanks, I'm glad somebody did.

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-10 22:46:05

GJ for Play More, much luff for Dustball <3

"I don't turn water to to wine but to cold coors light, I'm not Jesus I know, but I got that hydroponic shit that me and Judas grow"

BBS Signature

Response to Best of January, TV Appearance! 2006-02-11 00:32:59

awww damnit i missed it, will it play again?

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature