00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jojo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of April!

18,410 Views | 123 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 16:19:10

congrats to all the winners but come on, how the hell did "sex and the bedroom" make it onto the top 5 of the month. i mean, the graphics werent good at all and it wasnt funny as well. i havent seen any of jerry jackson's stuff other then that one, so his other stuff might be good, but that seriously sucked.

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 16:22:33

Congrats to the winners. Even though I still feel like a moron for forgetting about the vote.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 16:47:45

At 5/10/06 04:03 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote:
At 5/10/06 12:43 PM, Miikro wrote: BlueHippo won teh monies!! :o

Congrats to him, he did a great flash to one of my favorite Weird Al songs. <3
Oy, I did most of the work. >:U

Congrats to you as well. I initially reacted to seeing a chat reg in on the prizes, but you two did excellent work. <3

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 17:28:15

At 5/10/06 09:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: TOP FIVE MOVIES:

1. The People's Mario
2. Pico vs. Convict
3. Retarded Animal Babies 15
4. Your Horoscope for Today!
5. sex and the bedroom

Your Horoscope should have won.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 18:32:25

1. The People's Mario
i usually dont watch unoriginal videogame crap, but i figured since this got number 1 it must have something redeeming about it, like good graphics or something. I was wrong. this guy needs some serious work on his animating skills. and the viewers need to look past the fact that they love mario so much and vote on quality.

:on king of the portal + the 250 bucks! :)

5. sex and the bedroom
finally yes yes yessssssss

How can you say that People`s Mario quality is bad and be happy that Jerry Jackson's crap won #5.. though i neer tought the people's mario was that good to everybody else..

4. Four Second Fury
deserved number 1

I agree.. the pico's remake was cool, but i think that the gameplay of the original is easier :|

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 18:52:31

Cool, congratulations to all the winners!

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 19:15:53

cool hey u need to email me so i can talk about some improvments on ng

desu desu desu

sgt. keroro rulz

arrrr I AM A PIRATE

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 19:33:03

Ahh, you didnt go to E3, oh well it sounded like you had a good time anyway.

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 19:37:36

At 5/11/06 07:15 PM, tamalyahsa wrote: cool hey u need to email me so i can talk about some improvments on ng

In your two months here I'm sure you've come up with revolutionary ideas

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 19:49:23

At 5/11/06 03:47 PM, F00D wrote:
At 5/10/06 09:22 AM, TomFulp wrote: TOP FIVE MOVIES:
1. The People's Mario
i usually dont watch unoriginal videogame crap, but i figured since this got number 1 it must have something redeeming about it, like good graphics or something. I was wrong. this guy needs some serious work on his animating skills. and the viewers need to look past the fact that they love mario so much and vote on quality.

The movie itself was well animated, it just happened to be severely lacking in theme, as I stated in my review for the movie. I personally think you have little room commenting on animation when you're not capable of making anything that's not garbage, yourself.

You overly self-important SS kiddies need a reality check. Very few of you have any room whatsoever to be commenting on other people's flash, because you put forth no real effort yourselves, and just make purposefully shit "movies" to attention whore with.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 20:15:50

I hate to say it but that is complete crap. Jerry Jackson only posts spam. Spam shouldn't make it through the portal. If the spam makes it through the portal it should not be considered better than:
-Go Away-,
Dumbass Mario,
Her and Mine 1001 Wishes,
SD 06: Death of P-Bot,
Picoday-Penillian Battle,
Freerun: Go-Man, Scene 1,
T.V. Sex Pals Episode 5,
CU-Easter Special,
Supersonic,
Thanks for all the fish!,
(Homicidal),
President Beavis,
Arfenhouse Teh Movie 4!!!,
(2006) Trapper!,
and Newgroundsillaz 5

especially Go-Man (which should have been 3)

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 20:48:53

The thread's title had me wondering if you were sharing your dirty sex secrets.

Now I know this isn't the case.

;-)

Congratulations to all the winners, even the one who took the monthly voters' prize.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 21:09:19

rawr all the picos stole took armorpicross away *(

wibble wabble

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 21:29:10

At 5/11/06 08:48 PM, Evark wrote: The thread's title had me wondering if you were sharing your dirty sex secrets.

Took me a while to figure that one out. Nice catch there, Evark.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-11 21:56:18

Arg! I was so close. But then again, it did much better than I expected. That $250 will be mine someday.

Find a mountain to stand on.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 00:11:05

At 5/11/06 07:49 PM, Miikro wrote: The movie itself was well animated, it just happened to be severely lacking in theme, as I stated in my review for the movie.

No, it was awkwardly animated, in my opinion. Actually, you're right, I was a bit too harsh. The graphics weren't too bad, they were well drawn. But the animating was what got me. It didn't feel real at all, it just felt awkward.

I personally think you have little room commenting on animation when you're not capable of making anything that's not garbage, yourself.

I don't know, I got a daily feature one time and was the first runner up for the $250. Perhaps you're just making a generalization, and you haven't actually looked at my flash. Or do you honestly think its trash? That would make me sad :(

You overly self-important SS kiddies need a reality check. Very few of you have any room whatsoever to be commenting on other people's flash, because you put forth no real effort yourselves, and just make purposefully shit "movies" to attention whore with.

I love how only a few posts above your post here, you were palling around with two SS members (in case you didn't know, BlueHippo and ZekeySpaceyLizard are loyal star syndicate members). I also know for a fact how you used to be friends with j00bie and look at the SS boards routinely. And then I come along and you lash out because you must see me as a stereotypical "SS kiddy," probably because of that one time I said you didn't know shit about Guardian.

Anyways, my comments there werent meant to be self important at all, so sorry if it came out that way. I happen to think the guy who animated that mario movie is a far better animator than myself.
So you can crticize me personally, but if you're going to criticize the Star Syndicate as a whole with your sweeping generalizations about the kind of films we make, you are easily disproved. For starters, as I said before Zekey is an SS member. He is this month's King of the Portal, and it appears you even voted for his flash as a monthly top ten candidate. If you didn't already know all this, then surely you musn't have seen runner up movie number 9. Its another flash by Zekey, and it is purely Star Syndicate material, made for Star Day 2006. It certainly became succesful, getting front page and daily feature. Don't forget that we swept the daily awards on Star Day 06, which surely shows that the rest of us have some talent too. Oh and I guess you're also ignoring the fact that 3 accounts in the top 50 highest rated artists belong to SS members. Yeah. We put absolutely NO effort into our flashes.

Look, its true that the SS sometimes likes to have fun by making crappy flashes to piss people off. The reactions are always hilarious to us. But the crew also has loads and loads of talent and have a lot of very succesful members. Don't degrade all of our accomplishments just because you've lumped us all into one category.

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 00:38:37

Oh god. Make the arguing stop!!!

:C

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 01:22:42

shhh zekey im using you to make me look good shhhh quiet go hide!!! O:)

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 01:24:33

Oh, ok F00d.

*hides in a shoe*

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 02:21:56

The People's Mario was overrated.
But good work Zekey/Blue Hippo for fourth and runner up!

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 02:41:34

At 5/11/06 07:49 PM, Miikro wrote: I personally think you have little room commenting on animation when you're not capable of making anything that's not garbage, yourself.

F00d's movies are way better than your "object with a keyhole" tweens, if f00d is not good enough to comment on animation then neither are you.

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 10:39:47

At 5/11/06 07:49 PM, Miikro wrote:

exactly, case in point

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/295072

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 15:50:32

Awesome, a lot of my top choices such as The People's Mario, Your Horoscope For Today!, Newgrounds Museum 2 and Four Second Fury were some of the top 5 winners. I think out of all of the months that i have had the priviledge of voting in, i have never chosen so many winning submissions. Congrats guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 18:33:27

At 5/11/06 08:15 PM, RByers wrote: I hate to say it but that is complete crap. Jerry Jackson only posts spam. Spam shouldn't make it through the portal. If the spam makes it through the portal it should not be considered better than:

Dumbass Mario,
Her and Mine 1001 Wishes,
Freerun: Go-Man, Scene 1,
T: Thanks for all the fish!,
(Homicidal),

I agree.. if this isnt stopped, then newgrounds will be full of crap, instead of giving a chance to good artists who realy put effort in tehir flashes, i dont know what you found funny of it.

especially Go-Man (which should have been 3)

Not just go-man, most of the runner ups, goman was really well animated, but it was just a preview so it didnt have history

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-12 19:12:39

mannn miikro never hears what i have to say i guess he'll always be an SS hater then :'(

tre

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-13 08:46:31

At 5/12/06 07:12 PM, F00D wrote: mannn miikro never hears what i have to say i guess he'll always be an SS hater then :'(

Food, I don't like alot of the SS movies, but I have respect for their efforts. Congratulations to Zekey!

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-14 15:36:22

Jerry Jackson won! Wow that's really cool :D Maybe he can buy even more Disney training video's now :D

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-14 21:10:01

At 5/14/06 03:36 PM, B_Mantis wrote: Jerry Jackson won! Wow that's really cool :D Maybe he can buy even more Disney training video's now :D

THIS IS CRAZY, how could jerry jackson win !?!? i hope this guy improves his movies with the 250 he won........ meanwhile... i'll be training to blam him.

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-16 14:42:36

For those of you who do not know about the FFC, here are some sample clips from the FFC XV DVD that is being given away as a prize:

YouTube FFC XV Clips

Response to Best of April! 2006-05-17 01:00:53

JerryJackson sucks..most of his flash are like those blammes.. i dont know what you ifnd so awesome about him..maybe that..is funny how can a bad flash win like that..but this was unfair..and if you continue supporting him, good artist will be kicked out