00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Programming Regs Lounge

715,537 Views | 15,737 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 14:45:43

At 10/28/06 02:41 PM, Imbolic wrote:
At 10/28/06 02:12 PM, Jordan wrote: I just found the BEST Microsoft skin for windows, works on XP as well as WMC.
That's a matter of opinion, there are plenty of excellent skins out there.

Almost everything on a forum is opinion...

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 14:50:41

At 10/28/06 02:45 PM, Conan-OBrien wrote: Almost everything on a forum is opinion...

This is a message.
Factual.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 14:53:02

At 10/28/06 02:50 PM, Imbolic wrote: This is a message.
Factual.

Your not a reg :O

GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!

=P

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 14:55:28

At 10/28/06 02:53 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Your not a reg :O

=P

You're not smart.
Get out, get out, get out.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 15:07:50

At 10/28/06 02:50 PM, Imbolic wrote:
At 10/28/06 02:45 PM, Conan-OBrien wrote: Almost everything on a forum is opinion...

Yes.

This is a message.
Factual.

Note how Conan-OBrien states that ALMOST.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 15:59:03

What's with all the noobs who don't have profiles? >:(

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 16:04:51

At 10/28/06 02:55 PM, Imbolic wrote:
At 10/28/06 02:53 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Your not a reg :O

=P
You're not smart.
Get out, get out, get out.

Haha, irony at its best.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 16:07:52

At 10/28/06 03:59 PM, Jessii wrote: What's with all the noobs who don't have profiles? >:(

They're accompanied by a huge overflow of idiocy.

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. " - Unknown

[ FluxBB developer | Quickmarks 0.5.1 | Strings & Ints - my blog ]

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 16:19:50

At 10/28/06 04:07 PM, elbekko wrote:
At 10/28/06 03:59 PM, Jessii wrote: What's with all the noobs who don't have profiles? >:(
They're accompanied by a huge overflow of idiocy.

Haha, best quote ever.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-28 16:57:37

At 10/28/06 04:07 PM, elbekko wrote: They're accompanied by a huge overflow of idiocy.

Tell me about it. I should've originally said "what's with the sudden flood of noobs?" instead.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-30 00:59:25

Ahh! I was working on some pages, I go to save my work on a page and I get directed to a blank white screen! It won't let me do anything now!

I was just about to finish on a feature, too :(

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-30 07:27:12

Bah, I hat Sudokus. I just can't seem to grasp the logic behind them >=/

Oh well. Google for a sudoku creation algorithm and modify it to become a shiny solver :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-30 07:43:57

At 10/30/06 03:53 AM, RageOfOrder wrote: It's happy fun time at school >:(

Next assignment (for the same class that gave me the chess game, which I did finish...) is to write a fucking SUDOKU SOLVER.....

I hate thoe goddamned things.

Well, that beats my school, We spent half a fucking day listening to our teacher basically saying that were fucked for the rest of our lives and that there wont be enough water, that our ozone layer is gone, and that she can't hold her marrage. And after about 3 hours, when she was talking about her marrage, I blurted out who cares....And then went to the principal.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-30 18:48:28

Ok I'm ranting again. AT&T = pure shit! Optimum Online = kick ass but their tech support by email support sucks (I couldn't call from work because their automated system is stupid). I emailed them Friday because there was a problem getting into my email and I get some undefined error because they just launched the new email inbox stuff a couple of months ago and I also pointed the error out. I got some horseshit response this morning as if I had no clue how to access my mailbox. I was like, wtf? This response isn't remotely close!

Eh, whatever!

So then I get to work and our phones are all screwed up, we had some heavy wind and rain on Saturday but our 2nd line worked and our fax/dsl worked. We were having a problem with the first line and getting it to switch over to the 2nd line so that we'd actually get phone calls (it was very quiet today) and we were able to call out. So I called tech support this morning and got their automated system, OMFG! That automated system is worse! It's one of those ones that you feel really stupid about using because you have to talk to it and I had to repeat myself 4 times to tell it one thing. We were sitting there cracking up! AT&T had no record of the report when we called and finally just called 811 this afternoon to talk to a human.

Ugh! It was a pain in the ass (one of my customers emailed to tell me to call him because he couldn't get through!)

Otherwise, the day was kind of nice since it was QUIET :D

Tomorrow's candy day, can't wait! One for them, 3 for me.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-31 20:08:41

Happy 2000th post to me :)

I know it's not 5000 or anything...but hey, it's still gotta be a milestone of some sort.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-31 20:13:15

At 10/30/06 06:48 PM, Jessii wrote: Ok I'm ranting again. AT&T = pure shit! Optimum Online = kick ass

Optimum Online is amazing. Most people put it down until they don't actually have it. It's so reliable. It's probably been out 5 times for me in the 5 or 6 or maybe 7 years I've had it. I know people who have ISPs that are out ALL the time.

At 10/31/06 08:08 PM, WoogieNoogie wrote: Happy 2000th post to me :)

I know it's not 5000 or anything...but hey, it's still gotta be a milestone of some sort.

Congrats Woogie :) It certainly is a great milestone.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-10-31 20:35:49

At 10/31/06 08:13 PM, Conan-OBrien wrote: Optimum Online is amazing. Most people put it down until they don't actually have it. It's so reliable. It's probably been out 5 times for me in the 5 or 6 or maybe 7 years I've had it. I know people who have ISPs that are out ALL the time.

I got it the first year it came out. Had some issues at first but other than that, it's been fine. Once in a while I have a problem but it's a smaller ISP (though they are connected with Road Runner and Comcast) but we have voice too. So tv, online and voice, cheap and reliable (except for their idiot online tech support staff lol).

AT&T came to the shop to fix the lines, there's nothing wrong with the lines so they were supposed to send another idiot to look @ the phone system (we have 3 lines and 6 phones - not that big of a deal) but line one is still dead and won't switch to line two, so it was pretty quiet again today. But the funny thing is, line 2 works and the dsl/fax/alarm line works just fine (though I hate dsl!). We may switch to Optimum Business because it's still cheaper than the phone company (we've been thinking about it for a while).

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-01 05:39:59

I didn't realise how bad ISPs are in the US. By comparison, in the UK internet connections are incredibly reliable. I've been with NTL for about 6 years, and it's only gone down once, at most twice, in all that time.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-01 06:33:26

At 11/1/06 05:39 AM, TheDrunkMonkey wrote: I didn't realise how bad ISPs are in the US. By comparison, in the UK internet connections are incredibly reliable. I've been with NTL for about 6 years, and it's only gone down once, at most twice, in all that time.

I've been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange(They change their name allot) for about 8 years, and i'd like to switch to cable, but can't get it in my area. :/

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-01 07:38:48

At 11/1/06 05:39 AM, TheDrunkMonkey wrote: I didn't realise how bad ISPs are in the US. By comparison, in the UK internet connections are incredibly reliable. I've been with NTL for about 6 years, and it's only gone down once, at most twice, in all that time.

Yeah, AOL and all of the dial up ISPs are terrible. AT&T's dsl isn't too bad but I don't like it. I like my cable and wouldn't switch unless I move :D

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-01 07:56:56

Mmh, same here. I'm in Belgium, and I have Belgacom Skynet ADSL. It hasn't really been down yet, the only problem I've experienced was the DNS server being down (happened twice).

Quite happy with it all actually :P And not such a bad speed either... although that 10GB/month limit is killing me.

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-01 11:15:39

Ok here's my AT&T dilema update. They really pissed me off!

Here's what happened:
Today is tax day and the accountant's office couldn't get ahold of me, so they new to call home, so Mom relayed the message, Dad went to pick up the returns.

I called AT&T to follow up on the support ticket, their automated system said it was resolved, I said hell no! I talked to the representative and got put on hold, she said it had been cancelled yesterday. I told her that I was on the phone with them when the line tech was still here and she put me on hold again. So I was on hold for about 10 minutes total, if not more. She comes back to the phone and says: "you don't have a support contract with us" after I had been told that I did yesterday. I told her that I threw the check in the mail yesterday for some maintenance thing that we pay once a year for whatever - I don't really know what it actually is. So she's like well, there'll be a charge. I said I don't care! I need the phone to work! She said she'd get someone out here today (she better! Now that half the day is almost over).

Customers can't get through and if our accountant's office didn't know to call my Mom (this is a family business so yeah) then we would've been late on our taxes and got penalties and fines and all of that lovely crap >:(

Ugh! I just love managing an office >:(

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 15:45:50

W00t.

Programming Regs Lounge

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:14:59

I wonder how many posts I have, should be closing the 2k :P

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:17:50

At 11/3/06 04:14 PM, elbekko wrote: I wonder how many posts I have, should be closing the 2k :P

Two posts away. Save youre 2000th for a special topic. =P

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:33:50

Eh, so the girl that worked with me got fired yesterday and now next week someone else will be coming in to talk to my Uncle about helping me in the office (at least I can train her so that when I finally leave for another job, I can leave with confidence)...

Ah and I arrived to work 3 hours late today too :D (my ear dr's office screwed up). But today's been an ok, sorta slow day.

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:41:01

At 11/3/06 04:17 PM, novalyfe wrote:
At 11/3/06 04:14 PM, elbekko wrote: I wonder how many posts I have, should be closing the 2k :P
Two posts away. Save youre 2000th for a special topic. =P

Nah, I'll just spam my buttocks past it =D

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:48:05

At 11/3/06 04:41 PM, elbekko wrote: Nah, I'll just spam my buttocks past it =D

Go right on ahead! lol

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:48:53

I decided to spend it on flaming an illiterate n00b :D
I feel good =D

Programming Regs Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to Programming Regs Lounge 2006-11-03 16:52:04

At 11/3/06 04:48 PM, elbekko wrote: I decided to spend it on flaming an illiterate n00b :D
I feel good =D

I read! lol I can't stand people like that! If someone opens their mouth and speaks like they came from the gutter, I blow them off because they're not worth my time. If you sound like that and you happen to be intelligent, there goes the impression of having any type of intelligence. If I can't understand you, you might as well not say anything at all.