00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading)

4,195 Views | 83 Replies

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-09 18:43:09

bumpity bump bump

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-09 18:48:16

I can genuinely relate.

Several times this year I have become so tired yet so restless I enter a sort of knowing-sleep. Its fucking incredible. You witness your dreams but if you let go, they take complete control. Your mind makes up whats going to happen next and you cannot control it yet you are aware of the situation. Its a very bizzare sensation and quite hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. Its quite euphoric.

No drugs are involved! Honestly!

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-09 21:24:13

At 10/9/06 06:48 PM, Long-Distance-Runner wrote: I can genuinely relate.

Several times this year I have become so tired yet so restless I enter a sort of knowing-sleep. Its fucking incredible. You witness your dreams but if you let go, they take complete control. Your mind makes up whats going to happen next and you cannot control it yet you are aware of the situation. Its a very bizzare sensation and quite hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. Its quite euphoric.

heh, yeah, its quite hard to explain to people who have never experienced it. Most people just shut their minds whenever something new comes around.

We still try to educate people on it and thats what really counts though =P

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-16 13:45:55

okie, one final bump

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-11-06 22:02:06

okie, i lied and its like two weeks later

bumper cars.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 14:33:17

lol 2 6month+ old topics about lucid dreaming coming back up on the same day (here 's the other one)
what are the chances

At 7/22/07 05:20 AM, Aci6 wrote:

1 day being one rotation of the earth around the sun.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 14:35:14

hehe, just found out about that link reference, i rest my case.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 14:36:36

I've heard of this lots before. Even on the BBS. It's a very fun thing to do.
Lucid dreaming that is. Being able to control the secksings and stuff.

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 14:43:57

i tried it for a few weeks, but i never really succeeded. Hell i can't even remember my dreams 90% of the time..

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 14:50:49

ive had a couple of dreams were im not quite sure if it was lucid or not, i can remember a dream where in the dream i realised i was dreaming, but then things started getting so weird and dream like, im not quite sure if i actually was aware i was dreaming, or if me being aware of it, was just part of the dream lol :P

and another time, i was flying and then it occured to me i must be dreaming, and i started to try and fly the way i wanted, and i ended up completely losing that dream and going to another one where i wasnt in a lucid state, and im not quite sure if that actually was a lucid dream, or just like the above one.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:12:18

the pills i take give me the real feeling...but i still lack control. Thanks for the info. Maybe this will help.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:18:41

I had a strange dream when i was drifiting in and out of sleep this morning. I don't know if you could call it "lucid" or not, because I was unable to control anything. But basically I felt as if I was lying sick in bed, and I could hear people talking, really vividly, in the background. It reminded me of the hatch in the show "Lost", that's the background I imagined. I heard an English woman most prominently. They were discussing what to do with me and whatnot. And then she came up to me and started talking to me. But the vivid way that I could really hear them was the coolest thing. That's the second one I've ever had.

The first one I had was around a year ago, it was the same kind of vividness. (and I realise my dreams are taking a desert island theme) I was on a kind of raft, and I could feel the wind blowing against my neck really violently. It was so cold. Yet at the same time I half-realised that i was just lying in bed but didn't want to wake up because it was such a strange feeling. The wind was so real. I could also hear the waves crashing. I was really amazing, what I'd imagine an LSD trip to be like.

Can anyone provide some insight as to what kind of dreams I had? They just seemed to real and toyed with my sense. Could you still call that "lucid"?

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:22:05

I thought lucid dreams were "wet dreams"

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:26:48

At 10/4/06 02:01 PM, Arby wrote: Nice, better responses then I expected =P

Oh, and in a vivid dream you CAN feel pain 0.o

Its not as bad as it would be normally but it still is sorta cool.

You can die too. That feels really funky.

Oh yeah. I was once shot in the chest 3 times by South American thugs in a dream. Hurt like a bitch :P

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:28:31

Iv'e always been in semi control of my dreams.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:29:17

One thingamabob I don't understand is, I already got plenty vividity (if that's a real word). How do I get control? I wanna pull out that sword :P

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:31:23

At 5/26/07 04:29 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: One thingamabob I don't understand is, I already got plenty vividity (if that's a real word). How do I get control? I wanna pull out that sword :P

I always realize halfway through a dream that it is a dream, than I start grabbing strangers boobies etc..

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:33:29

At 5/26/07 04:29 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: One thingamabob I don't understand is, I already got plenty vividity (if that's a real word). How do I get control? I wanna pull out that sword :P

It wasn't easy.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:52:29

At 10/4/06 03:18 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: With lucid dreaming, you have complete control of you dreams. This means that anything that happens in any dreams wouldn't tell you anything about yourself nor will it be able to predict the future if you believe in the previous theory. It really does depend if you believe in dream interpretation.

I still haven't read the whole thing, but the site says that no matter what, you'll still have more "regular" dreams than lucid ones, so important meanings and such won't be lost on you. It also says something about revisiting dream situations that I don't really understand.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-26 16:55:33

I have never had a dream which I can control, but I certainly have achieved the "vivid" feelings a few times. Thank you, by the way, for the site reference. I'll have a look at this later.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-28 02:41:41

Hrrrm :(

I've always had pretty good dream recall, so I figured I'd try to tip myself off about being in a dream while I was asleep (being in random locations without any sort of explanation seems to be the improbability factor most re-occuring for me). Weirdly enough, since I kept reminding myself to, well, remind myself I was dreaming, I ended up in a sorta half-conscious state, where I was seeing one thing (and having some control of my actions), yet still distinctly feeling that I was in my bed. Odd, and not terribly effective.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-28 02:46:55

I have Lucid dreams frequently. Actually they're more of Lucid nightmares. I sort of enjoy them,actually.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-05-28 03:58:15

Carlos Constinata

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2007-07-19 05:17:01

Does listening to certain sounds make Lucid Dreaming happen more frequently? I read this somewhere else.

Ignore this signature.