00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kawishinto just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MSN Messenger 8

2,304 Views | 36 Replies

MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:05:53

I'd like to write a large complaint about this.

First off, the fool you see below this message sent me an invite to my Gmail, when I specifically told him to send it to my hotmail because Gmail does not support "HTML buttons". I spent 5 minutes of my precious time looking for a link in the source code, and 2 minutes later I'm finally downloading the installer.

Once installed, I took a glance at the sign-in box and window. It's has a plastic/glass feel to it, which will very much suit Microsoft's next Operating System. But it doesn't suit my XP, and besides, the color scheme is just awful. See for yourself.

In MSN 7, you could see your contact's display picture besides their display name. Here, all you could see is a crappy green icon. It's horrible, not very pleasing on the eyes. On another downside, they've renamed MSN Messenger to "Windows Live Messenger". Not a good move.

MSN Messenger 8

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:08:17

And that's why I'm sticking with older versions!

Gamertag: Medieval Turkey.

I also make signatures - PM what you want, and I'll make it.

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:08:52

At 1/13/06 01:05 PM, arab_freak wrote: First off, the fool you see below this message sent me an invite to my Gmail, when I specifically told him to send it to my hotmail because Gmail does not support "HTML buttons". I spent 5 minutes of my precious time looking for a link in the source code, and 2 minutes later I'm finally downloading the installer.

Yeah the fool,
THE FOOL WHO BABY FED YOU TO DOWNLOAD MSN MESSENGER FOR CHRISSAKES.
Anyway thank you for you're rant, I'll remember to not bother sending you BETA software next-time, i'll send it to somebody, who gives two fucks.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:09:58

Your right, Msn 8 does look awful, and the colour scheme is atrocious. I think i'll stick to msn 7, its good enough for me.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:12:15

At 1/13/06 01:08 PM, FatherTinners wrote: THE FOOL WHO BABY FED YOU TO DOWNLOAD MSN MESSENGER FOR CHRISSAKES.
Anyway thank you for you're rant, I'll remember to not bother sending you BETA software next-time, i'll send it to somebody, who gives two fucks.

I'd very much love to test software, only if it was sent to the right address.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:13:32

I'm still on 5, hated those wink things.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:14:13

They've OVEROVEROVERPIMPED MSN Messenger... and now it's too ugly to use... :'(

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:14:47

ARAB YOU WHINING HOMO it works fine using gmail and if you werent so retarded you wouldve been able to sort it out, and why dont you keep your lame ass rants to yourself

ungreateful retard

nuff said.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:15:21

At 1/13/06 01:13 PM, JihadJoe_ wrote: I'm still on 5, hated those wink things.

Ever thought of DISABLING them?

Say, I never noticed the New tank logo in the post box. It's beautiful.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:16:55

At 1/13/06 01:14 PM, 00whitey00 wrote: ARAB YOU WHINING HOMO it works fine using gmail and if you werent so retarded you wouldve been able to sort it out, and why dont you keep your lame ass rants to yourself

ungreateful retard

nuff said.

To define a shite first post: To insult somebody with 7k+ posts and is level 12.

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:18:09

At 1/13/06 01:16 PM, lucozadedude wrote:
At 1/13/06 01:14 PM, 00whitey00 wrote: ARAB YOU WHINING HOMO it works fine using gmail and if you werent so retarded you wouldve been able to sort it out, and why dont you keep your lame ass rants to yourself

ungreateful retard

nuff said.
To define a shite first post: To insult somebody with 7k+ posts and is level 12.

hahaha?
Very funny asshole. Making you lvl 12 doesn't give you superhuman powers...

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:18:25

MSN 19! where you can download nudgey winks that change your background to an appley colour which gives you 7 weemee PSP competitions at the same time that the smileys start turning into letters that give you epileptic shocks

I HATE TEH INTERNETS

I hardly ever come here anymore....

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:20:47

Yeah them goddamn custom smileys. I hate seeing a dancing 'YOU' or an 'AND' ignited with blue pretty flames.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:21:22

At 1/13/06 01:16 PM, lucozadedude wrote: To define a shite first post: To insult somebody with 7k+ posts and is level 12.

Levels and post counts don't mean anything. It's all about the quality of the post.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:21:26

At 1/13/06 01:18 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: MSN 19! where you can download nudgey winks that change your background to an appley colour which gives you 7 weemee PSP competitions at the same time that the smileys start turning into letters that give you epileptic shocks

I HATE TEH INTERNETS

Amen.

And 'FatherTinners'
G...F...Y...
He signed up a year before YOU too. I think experience does a fair amount of good.

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:24:01

At 1/13/06 01:21 PM, lucozadedude wrote:
At 1/13/06 01:18 PM, Noob-Antichrist wrote: MSN 19! where you can download nudgey winks that change your background to an appley colour which gives you 7 weemee PSP competitions at the same time that the smileys start turning into letters that give you epileptic shocks

I HATE TEH INTERNETS
Amen.

And 'FatherTinners'
G...F...Y...
He signed up a year before YOU too. I think experience does a fair amount of good.

Go Fuck Yourself Indeed.
Oh i signed up before YOU, does that mean i get experiance then? Does it mean people insulting me should stop posting shit posts?
DOES IT?

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:27:27

At 1/13/06 01:24 PM, FatherTinners wrote:
At 1/13/06 01:21 PM, lucozadedude wrote:

I HATE TEH INTERNETS
Amen.

And 'FatherTinners'
G...F...Y...
Go Fuck Yourself Indeed.
Oh i signed up before YOU, does that mean i get experiance then? Does it mean people insulting me should stop posting shit posts?
DOES IT?

But my dear friend, why the fuck did you get involved in this. Because you feel the need to type? or are you a possessed little girl? Or do you like taking the shit? Or generally being an asshole, look at my post count, look at yours... I see a slight difference.
A difference of say, 2k posts? Do yourself a favour, learn.

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:30:07

coustom smilles suck! there hard to read, good thing is they aleart us to chavs :D see a coustom u run a mile :P. problem is that the default smilys suck as well

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:32:38

At 1/13/06 01:21 PM, arab_freak wrote: Levels and post counts don't mean anything. It's all about the quality of the post.

True as this is, the most quality part of the post was "U RETARD" or something to that effect.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:35:32

At 1/13/06 01:22 PM, -Cobalt- wrote: There were rumours on the Internets about animated display pics, is this true?

You can get animated display pics on the MSN 7.5. Or at least, specific only-for-advertising animations. My brother has one of Chicken Little dancing. I can't get a .gif to get up there animated, but there obviously is a way to have some sort of animation dancing around up there. : /

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:36:05

At 1/13/06 01:22 PM, -Cobalt- wrote: There were rumours on the Internets about animated display pics, is this true?

Yes, you download "installers" and put them on. Too bad they won't animate unless your contact has the EXACT SAME DP installed. And...the fact that they mostly come with spyware.

As to Lucozadedude, why are you so mad? POST COUNT AND LEVEL DON'T MEAN SHIT,, you know that as well as I do. So what if Tinnymin cared to post a reply? It won't mean shit because it's not PHYSICALLY harming you.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:37:47

At 1/13/06 01:35 PM, FIGMENTUM wrote:
You can get animated display pics on the MSN 7.5. Or at least, specific only-for-advertising animations. My brother has one of Chicken Little dancing. I can't get a .gif to get up there animated, but there obviously is a way to have some sort of animation dancing around up there. : /

so you have to pay! that's generous!

money whoring bastards..

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:37:55

I don't use MSN because Microsoft is just another AOL.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:39:47

I.m sorry lemonade dude but post count doesn't really mean a fecking thing. Maybe you should ask yourself the same quiestion 'Why did you get involved?'
I got involved because I invited arab to frigging MSN 8.
So you can shut the **** up. There is no reason why you should be blabbing on to me about 'post count' and 'exp'

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:40:22

stop flaming now

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 13:41:42

At 1/13/06 01:39 PM, FatherTinners wrote: I.m sorry lemonade dude but post count doesn't really mean a fecking thing. Maybe you should ask yourself the same quiestion 'Why did you get involved?'
I got involved because I invited arab to frigging MSN 8.
So you can shut the **** up. There is no reason why you should be blabbing on to me about 'post count' and 'exp'

Having a low post count means you're inexperienced on the BBS, having low exp means you either can't be arsed to deposit or you simply don't watch the movies.
Got a problem?

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 14:11:48

At 1/13/06 01:41 PM, lucozadedude wrote: Having a low post count means you're inexperienced on the BBS, having low exp means you either can't be arsed to deposit or you simply don't watch the movies.
Got a problem?

Okay so i signed up a year before you, we both have exactly the same level, but you have like 2k more posts than i do.
Why do you seem to think that having 2k+ posts gives you experiance?
And why are you getting in a paddy with me anyway?
You obviously only came onto this thread to have a go at moi, so i'd just leave my comments to myself if i was you.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 14:13:17

At 1/13/06 02:11 PM, FatherTinners wrote:
At 1/13/06 01:41 PM, lucozadedude wrote: Having a low post count means you're inexperienced on the BBS, having low exp means you either can't be arsed to deposit or you simply don't watch the movies.
Got a problem?
Okay so i signed up a year before you, we both have exactly the same level, but you have like 2k more posts than i do.
Why do you seem to think that having 2k+ posts gives you experiance?
And why are you getting in a paddy with me anyway?
You obviously only came onto this thread to have a go at moi, so i'd just leave my comments to myself if i was you.

You do realise I was the first person to post in this thread, and having more posts means you know more people on the BBS and know more about what sort of stuff is alright to talk about, personally, I don't have a go at people unless they seriously offend me or somebody I consider a friend in an unnecessary fasion.

BBS Signature

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 14:17:13

On mac we only have like msn 5. so stop bitching. i use aduim anyways.

Response to MSN Messenger 8 2006-01-13 14:24:04

Oh yeah heh heh i got pissed at you cause you bitched at that lvl 1 guy.
yeah...sorry for that--

*SELF SLAP*