00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LUMlNARY just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movies You Could Literally Watch...

417 Views | 21 Replies

...On Repeat.

I'll go first.

1. The Last Samurai
  2. Fight Club
  3. American Hustle
  4. Berzerk: Egg Of The King
  5. Princess Mononoke
  6. Fearless
  7. Gladiator
  8. The Fighter
  9. Children Who Chase Lost Voices
  10. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  11. Wolf of Wall Street

(I really should archive how many movies I own, because I'm sure this list is longer)

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 21:36:17

Most Tim Burton movies but especially Nightmare Before Christmas

Deadpool--- I don't care how basic that makes me, I really enjoyed the first Deadpool movie

And while I'm on Deadpool, I like a lot of the Marvel movies and watch them over and over

The Book of Eli is another I watch often, many people haven't seen it, you should watch it if you haven't already

Jurassic Park--- only the first one

I'm prone to watching musicals and movies with songs over and over like Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, RHPS

Pirates of the Caribbean (1st and 2nd only)

Lord of the Rings

John Wick

James Bond (most of them)

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 21:40:08

At 6/12/19 09:24 PM, Xinxinix wrote:...On Repeat.

I'll go first.

(I really should archive how many movies I own, because I'm sure this list is longer)

Gangster Squad

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 21:49:57

I'll do a running out-of-ten judgement-of-your-taste score

At 6/12/19 09:36 PM, RoboSeven wrote:Most Tim Burton movies but especially Nightmare Before Christmas

Chronic. 7/10

Deadpool--- I don't care how basic that makes me, I really enjoyed the first Deadpool movie

I own Deadpool on Blu-Ray. It's a happy time. 6/10

And while I'm on Deadpool, I like a lot of the Marvel movies and watch them over and over

Wolverine is dope. But all Marvel movies? 5/10 so far

The Book of Eli is another I watch often, many people haven't seen it, you should watch it if you haven't already

Amazing. 7.5/10

9/10, would reach into giant shit again

I'm prone to watching musicals and movies with songs over and over like Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, RHPS

La La Land? Oh Brother Where Art Thou is on TV quite frequently, I have yet to watch the whole thang.

I'm not sure if I've seen any of these 8.5/10

*slams fist on table* "THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" (that's plenty good enough) 9.2/10

Lord of the Rings

Those movies are sooo long. (And good) 9.6/10

John Wick

Not bad. 8.9/10

GOLDFINGER 9.7/10

You have surprisingly good taste in movies. *clap*

adding to my list:

• Django Unchained

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 21:54:44

At 6/12/19 09:28 PM, TheScottMan wrote:ghostbusters

unfortunately only one I can think of a the moment

Ghostbusters on repeat would be an amazing time. (it's probably because you don't have to think of another one after that.)

I never watched the new age one, but I'm just gonna assume it blowed.

At 6/12/19 09:40 PM, StatKing wrote:Gangster Squad

Now that's a movie I haven't seen in foreverrrrr. It was really good.

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling made a great pair for a long time.

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 21:54:58

Tarzan (animated)

Pirates of the Caribbean (Part 1 only)

Hot Fuzz

Howl’s Moving Castle

The Princess Bride

hmmm...I wish I could think of some more...

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-12 22:36:04

At 6/12/19 09:49 PM, Xinxinix wrote:I'll do a running out-of-ten judgement-of-your-taste score
At 6/12/19 09:36 PM, RoboSeven wrote:Most Tim Burton movies but especially Nightmare Before Christmas

Chronic. 7/10

I own Deadpool on Blu-Ray. It's a happy time. 6/10

Wolverine is dope. But all Marvel movies? 5/10 so far

Amazing. 7.5/10

9/10, would reach into giant shit again

La La Land? Oh Brother Where Art Thou is on TV quite frequently, I have yet to watch the whole thang.
I'm not sure if I've seen any of these 8.5/10

*slams fist on table* "THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" (that's plenty good enough) 9.2/10

Lord of the Rings

Those movies are sooo long. (And good) 9.6/10

John Wick

Not bad. 8.9/10

GOLDFINGER 9.7/10

You have surprisingly good taste in movies. *clap*

adding to my list:

I like Django Unchained as well, that was filmed down here, a lot of it

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Half Baked

Kill Bill volume 2

Ghost in the Shell (original animated movie)

Ninja Scroll

Cowboy Bebop the movie

First Blood (Rambo)

Hot Shots! Part Deux

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Donnie Darko

Requiem for a Dream

Hello Mr. Krinkle

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 06:47:04

At 6/12/19 10:36 PM, RoboSeven wrote:I like Django Unchained as well, that was filmed down here, a lot of it

I'm a sucker for movies filmed up here.

Four Brothers is one of my all-time favorites.

(although I will say I'm not a fan of the Transformers movies)

At 6/12/19 11:05 PM, Unopened-Wound wrote:Half Baked

Classic. 7/10 THEY KILLED KILLER, B ! (one of the first movies I ever illegally downloaded onto my PS3 way back when)

Kill Bill volume 2

So, for most of my life I thought Kill Bill Vol 2 didn't exist. My young naive self was like, "Oh no! We never get to find out if she kills Bill!" and then I watched it on Netflix like 3 months ago. It's amazing 8.4/10 grabbing-eye action.

Ghost in the Shell (original animated movie)

Same. I own it, and the philosophical questions and quiet, calm atmosphere of the movie is great 8.6/10

Ninja Scroll

Holy fuck. The art looks amazing, the mood is twisted, and the enemies overpowered.

Thank you for showing me this movie :0 9.7/10 (video I watched)

Cowboy Bebop the movie

Classy. 9.4/10

First Blood (Rambo)

Watched this for the first time last year. Superrrr good ! 9.3/10

Hot Shots! Part Deux

I've never seen this before but that was hilarious! I love Charlie Sheen, too 9.5/10 (video clip I watched)

Classic. 9.4/10

Donnie Darko

Amazing movie. Such weird. So Good. 9.5/10

Requiem for a Dream

REQUIEM FOR A DREAAAMMMMMMMM. My old boss let me borrow this movie and it turned out to be one the best movies I've seen in such a long time. It's like a dark satirical play that slowly twists itself into a dark alley. All the actors in this movie did such a great job (-:

9.8/10 you have a mix of funny, dark, and gruesome. Action and death. Laughs and cries.

I'm impressed (:

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 06:56:19

Four Lions, anything by Monty Python, and most of what @RoboSeven said.

If I should ever vanish without a trace, assume until proven otherwise that olskoo banned me due to penis envy.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 14:18:56

At 6/13/19 06:54 AM, Voltage wrote:
Ninja Scroll
?

One of the best animated movies of my youth. I genuinely got emotionally invested in the two main characters and how it ended left me wishing it had a sequel. But the best movies leave you wanting more and never get a sequel. :)

Hot Shots! Part Deux
?

Probably the best parody movie in my opinion and lead role Charlie Sheen was hilarious. It has that Airplane seriousness, but too ridiculous.

Rly?

I saw this at a friend's house just the lunacy of it made me crack up. I have since seen the other movies in the series and this is still my favorite.

I could watch matrix, fear and loathing, no country for old men, and have watched my own movie (Welcome to Vacationland) many many times on repeat.

Those are some great picks as well. The first time I watched the Matrix my mind was blown, I had seen nothing like it or had anything till than make me question the existence of our reality. Fear and Loathing was a great book series, my brother got me into them. Nice obscure pick for sure.

Hello Mr. Krinkle

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 14:21:42

I haven't ran into too many people who've also watched Berzerk. I watched it and loved it so I recommended it to my brother in law who also enjoyed it.

I don't really have a lot of movies that I can watch on repeat. Usually when I first a watch a movie that I really liked I want to watch it again soon after, but after that I'm kind of done with it. Like the Marvel movies, Glass, Detective Pikachu, etc...

Some movies that I've probably watched once a year for a long time include:

V for Vendetta

Sin City

And well that's probably about it.

With the introduction of Netflix there's way too many new and new to me series that I end up binge watching so I don't watch much of anything on repeat to make time to see new stuff.

The list of new stuff to watch get's backlogged during football season.

At 6/13/19 06:47 AM, Xinxinix wrote:9.8/10 you have a mix of funny, dark, and gruesome. Action and death. Laughs and cries.

I'm impressed (:

Thank you, you as well have some amazing taste in movies. These picks were actually movies I have seen back to back, so the claim of watching on repeat is no false claim. :)

Again, thank you.

Hello Mr. Krinkle

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 16:03:03

At 6/13/19 06:54 AM, Voltage wrote:I could watch matrix, fear and loathing, no country for old men, and have watched my own movie (Welcome to Vacationland) many many times on repeat.

Matrix is big pimpin, fear and loathing I heard is amazing ("Who let these bats in here?" "I JUST LOST ALL THE COCAINE, WHY GOD?!" "God didn't do it, you did. You're a narcotics agent, I knew it.") I only know these quotes because my friends and I who used to work with each other would quote it all day long.

No Country For Old Men is slow paced but it deliciously pays off with its quality.

I shall watch your movie, eventually. I tried watching it, but then I noticed it was 2 hours long, so give me a time to find time.

8/10 for Matrix, combined with fear and loathing 8.4, along with No Country For Old Men 8.5, and then you butter up your ego by rewatching YOUR OWN MOVIE 78 TIMES

8.6/10 Not bad :b

At 6/13/19 02:21 PM, Fro wrote:I haven't ran into too many people who've also watched Berzerk. I watched it and loved it so I recommended it to my brother in law who also enjoyed it.

It seriously impressed me the first time I watched it. I own all three movies on Blu-Ray, but I'm waiting to watch the other two.

I don't really have a lot of movies that I can watch on repeat. Usually when I first a watch a movie that I really liked I want to watch it again soon after, but after that I'm kind of done with it. Like the Marvel movies, Glass, Detective Pikachu, etc...

HOW WAS GLASS!?!?!!? Unbreakable is soooooooo gooooooood.

Some movies that I've probably watched once a year for a long time include:

V for Vendetta
Sin City

V for Vendetta is a fucking classic. 9/10

Sin City is ok. It can be a little too bizarre at times 8.6/10

Not bad choices (-:

And well that's probably about it.

With the introduction of Netflix there's way too many new and new to me series that I end up binge watching so I don't watch much of anything on repeat to make time to see new stuff.

Ahh! I get bored watching "new stuff" all the time. I'm super selective and mostly don't have the time to get into anything.

I'd rather just buy it and own it and watch it. (Although Netflix has some really cool exclusives)

At 6/13/19 02:24 PM, Unopened-Wound wrote:
Thank you, you as well have some amazing taste in movies. These picks were actually movies I have seen back to back, so the claim of watching on repeat is no false claim. :)

That's actually super impressive.

I like to throw on movies when I'm drawing or just chilling online, so that's like my background noise.

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 16:19:03

TMNT the first movie.

Also, all of the saw movies.

Most football movies (any given sunday, remember the titans, waterboy, longest yard, little giants, radio, the replacements)

Bad boyz 1 & 2

Bad santa 1 & 2, blood sport 1

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 19:16:33

The only film I can remember actually watching twice back to back is Lawrence of Arabia. Was showing in 70mm at my local cinema for 1 day only and there was no fucking way I wasn't getting as much out of that as I could, so I went to both screenings, one after the other.

I think it'd have to be stuff that relies more on atmosphere than on story. Easy ones would be straight up non-narrative films, I could easily see myself sticking Baraka or Koyaanisqatsi on repeat, but there's a bunch of more traditional films that could work as well. Some which spring to mind are Embrace of the Serpent, Wendy and Lucy (or almost anything by Kelly Reichardt really), A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, The Act of Killing, Stalker, The Neon Demon (and to a lesser extent Refn's other work), Dead Man and Aguirre, The Wrath of God.

It's a pretty interesting question because although those are all films I love, and a few of them would be on my all time favourites list, there's a lot of my favourites which I wouldn't want to watch back to back. For example, as much as I absolutely adore The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, it builds to such a satisfying, albeit bittersweet, conclusion that jumping back to the start of the film right after finishing it would feel extremely jarring.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-13 22:28:34

At 6/13/19 04:03 PM, Xinxinix wrote:That's actually super impressive.

I like to throw on movies when I'm drawing or just chilling online, so that's like my background noise.

Yeah I used to do that too while I played WoW or my early days of NG. Usually when I draw or paint I'm high as balls, so I need to jam out to some music. But yeah I've been asked by family or friends why I play movies even if I'm not even watching them... for that same reason, background noise. I can still laugh at or picture a scene I have watched beforehand.

I guess I just didn't like silence as much as I value it now. A loud and busy construction site or a child screaming none sense makes you pine for the sound of nothing.

Hello Mr. Krinkle

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-14 01:56:43

Groundhog Day.

Not kidding or making a joke based on its plot about repeating things. I had this movie on my iPod when I was in middle school and would watch it on a loop before going to sleep almost every night.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

At 6/12/19 09:36 PM, RoboSeven wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean (1st and 2nd only)

This too.

Edit: NO ONE mentioned The Room??? I am disappoint.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-14 15:01:37

At 6/14/19 11:29 AM, Gimmick wrote:Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
At 6/12/19 09:36 PM, RoboSeven wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean (1st and 2nd only)

This too.

The Room is understood

You must love the Room to be a newgrounds member

BBS Signature

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-14 22:13:02

At 6/13/19 04:19 PM, kidray76 wrote:TMNT the first movie.

I like this choice. A lot. 9.2/10

Also, all of the saw movies.

BUT SAW BECAME SO BADDDDDD 7.7/10

Most football movies (any given sunday, remember the titans, waterboy, longest yard, little giants, radio, the replacements)

So many classics in this genre, and of course the hype and drama is always on par. 8.4/10

(The Blind Side)

Bad boyz 1 & 2

"MIKE. LOWRY." *fixes eyebrows* 8.8/10

Bad santa 1 & 2, blood sport 1

Bad santa is so raunchy and good! 8.6/10

Blood Sport looks intense asf (spoiler) 9/10

Gruesome, but wholesome? Also some raunch? (lots of raunch)

At 6/13/19 04:44 PM, Zymbot wrote:The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Obvious classic. 8.6/10

12 Angry Men.

Not-So-Obvious Classic. Plus the audio is delicious (as with all old movies.) 9.6/10

Classy.

At 6/13/19 07:16 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:It's a pretty interesting question because although those are all films I love, and a few of them would be on my all time favourites list, there's a lot of my favourites which I wouldn't want to watch back to back. For example, as much as I absolutely adore The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, it builds to such a satisfying, albeit bittersweet, conclusion that jumping back to the start of the film right after finishing it would feel extremely jarring.

10/10, in-depth review of films I've never heard of that are more-than-likely out of my intelligence range.

Thank you so much !

At 6/13/19 10:28 PM, Unopened-Wound wrote:
Yeah I used to do that too while I played WoW or my early days of NG. Usually when I draw or paint I'm high as balls, so I need to jam out to some music. But yeah I've been asked by family or friends why I play movies even if I'm not even watching them... for that same reason, background noise. I can still laugh at or picture a scene I have watched beforehand.

Yeah, I catch myself being glued to movies I throw on for "background noise" and I realize that I'm still super interested into these movies I've seen a bunch of times lol.

At 6/14/19 01:56 AM, ZJ wrote:Groundhog Day.

Not kidding or making a joke based on its plot about repeating things. I had this movie on my iPod when I was in middle school and would watch it on a loop before going to sleep almost every night.

That's actually very impressive. That type of dedication is literally what this thread is about.

There's something addicting (and different) about watching a movie over and over and still being able to enjoy it.

9.8/10, classic movie and because I can relate to your backstory.

At 6/14/19 11:29 AM, Gimmick wrote:Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Great f*cking movie. 8.8/10

This too.

Prince of Perisa + These, is a really classy repeat/replay list. 9.5/10

To watch on repeat? Ouchhhhhhhhh. (they'd definitely get bonus points)

Thanks for the responses, guys !

*xin laugh*

Response to Movies You Could Literally Watch... 2019-06-14 22:29:45

i think as a teen i probably did this with some kevin smith movies because i wanted to go straight to the different commentaries and shit, but imagining watching movies back to back sounds pretty crazy to me.

of course as background noise yeah probably anything would be good and gives me more ideas about movies ive enjoyed that i would be cool with looping