00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds OC Animation Competition

7,407 Views | 9 Replies

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Original NG Character Animation Contest - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back in June we started a series of competitions in hopes to create an original NG animation. We started with the writing competition, in which I was the judge.

@Unabated 's script won first place and we moved on to the concept art competition. Unabated now became the judge and he chose @MrShmoods submission. (Seen below)

With MrShmoods joining the judging team we moved on to the audio contest (theme song) and the voice acting contest. For the audio contest we had @SplatterDash come out on top and for the voice acting competition @Glass-of-Awesome was victorious. 

Judges:

At each step of the competition the winners joined in the judging process. Your judges are:

@Unabated

@MrShmoods

@SplatterDash

@Glass-of-Awesome

@Fro (In a support role)

Contest:

Create a trailer or teaser of the episode. Read the script and include some of the voices from the top 3 winners found in this post here, use the theme song in some manner, and use the concept art and writing for inspiration for the animation. Feel free to contact any of the judges for more information or additional resources. Here is a playlist of all of the concept art, audio, and voices created throughout the contest if you are looking for some inspiration.

Deadline:

Feb. 26th 2020: Midnight EST

Prizes:

• 1st Place: $100, Supporter Status, join the team to create the final animation. (We will look for sponsors and funding)

• 2nd Place: Supporter Status

• 3rd Place: Supporter Status

SUBMITTING

Post your submissions to the newgrounds portal.

Link your submissions in this thread.

Use #newgroundsoc2019 in the tag section.

Other:

Posted below are some additional resources for you to use. Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Here's a few reference sheets for y'all to use at your leisure. If you have any questions and/or requests such as additional resources and whatnot, PM me and I'll get right back to you.

iu_77492_6241239.jpg

iu_77493_6241239.jpgiu_77494_6241239.jpgiu_77495_6241239.jpg

iu_77498_6241239.jpg

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2019-12-11 21:31:31

Here are a few more voice takes in case my original reel is hard to work with.

Here's a reel for the character Ed

Here's a reel for the Janitor

Have fun everyone!

What would be the ideal length for the teaser? 30 seconds? A minute?

Also, @Glass-of-Awesome could you enable downloads for you audio?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2019-12-12 13:05:06

At 12/12/19 11:32 AM, CzySzy wrote: What would be the ideal length for the teaser? 30 seconds? A minute?
Also, @Glass-of-Awesome could you enable downloads for you audio?

Thank you for asking that. I meant to put that somewhere in the original post and it must have slipped my mind. After asking a couple of the judges I got a couple of answers, but for the most part we think it should be somewhere in the 30 second - 2 minute range. (2 minutes or longer being an extreme, but we just don't want to limit people's creative ability)

So really there's not a range you HAVE to stay in. Points won't be taken away or added due to length, but we should hope for around a 30 second teaser and above.

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2019-12-12 17:09:34

Sorry about that. You should be able to download the clips now.

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2020-01-16 13:47:54

Just keeping this on the first page for a little bit.

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2020-02-06 15:32:47

Still a good 20 days left in the competition.

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2020-02-18 18:30:56

I missed this but I am also working on a quite unique kind of animation series which I want to primarily put on Newgrounds and YouTube which I hope people will like.

Response to Newgrounds OC Animation Competition 2020-02-27 14:36:06

The competition has come and passed with no entries. We've spent the money on hookers and blow instead of rewarding it to an animator!

I believe we are going to go with a different route with this competition. We plan on raising money and hiring an animator to become part of the team. @Unabated will work on this in the near future.