00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisakiTheWeaboo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most overrated video game saga

360 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-14 15:54:22

Most overrated video game saga that you don't understand how so many people can like it?

HELLO BITCHES

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-14 21:18:02

Halo, how is that shit still going?! It's supposed to end after like Halo 3! (I also would say Gears Of War but that's my favorite game.)

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-14 21:20:55

At 4/14/23 09:18 PM, marchfieldpale wrote:assassins creed

i played the first few until revelations, i got partway in and the intro, tutorial, cutscenes, and following was too much to bear and i dropped it. the revisionism of historical figures is some of the lamest shit i've seen, leonardo da vinci was enough, but then they ran with it and wrote fanfic about how this or that guy was a SECRET HARDCORE ILLUMINATI KILLER WITH HIDDEN SWITCHBLADES and walked around with his chin down and eyes up, and they all happened to meet this assassin group like its forrest gump. it's the video game equivalent of the big bang theory, superficial junior high history knowledge will have your relative doing the soy scream pointing at their tv because they got the reference

iu_948343_11088292.jpg

Crazy? I was crazy once.

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-14 22:45:21

Call of Duty, do I have to explain anything about why?

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 07:28:15

I know a lot of people mention Sonic when it comes to these lists, but Sonic has become like the Tom and Jerry movie saga of video games. By that I refer to how they put Sonic in random public domain settings to make an installment. One day Sonic is a knight in King Arthur's court, the next he's in A Thousand And One Nights. Before we know it, he's going to be in Willy Wonka's factory trying to navigate around the rivers of chocolate.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 11:30:10

At 4/14/23 03:54 PM, Orlando-Oro wrote:Most overrated video game saga that you don't understand how so many people can like it?

sonic

i liked playing sonic forces for the first 30 minutes but its the same damn thing over and over, how do you make 89 games about fast hedgehog

BRO!!! nacho cheese dip

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 11:33:47

At 4/16/23 07:28 AM, art-dude wrote:I know a lot of people mention Sonic when it comes to these lists, but Sonic has become like the Tom and Jerry movie saga of video games. By that I refer to how they put Sonic in random public domain settings to make an installment. One day Sonic is a knight in King Arthur's court, the next he's in A Thousand And One Nights. Before we know it, he's going to be in Willy Wonka's factory trying to navigate around the rivers of chocolate.

sega is capitalizing sonic way too much, is anyone even playing them anymore

when the queen of britain dying was relevant i could see sega pumping out a sonic game about meeting the queen and trying to save her from being turned to stone or some shit lol

BRO!!! nacho cheese dip

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 14:34:44

At 4/14/23 03:54 PM, Orlando-Oro wrote:Most overrated video game saga that you don't understand how so many people can like it?

Porb said before but COD, I played a couple of the older games an Advanced warfare and its GOOD, just not anymore. That's from a person without emotional bias to the series

Hi :)

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 18:02:10

someone already said COD... so i'm gonna say BattleField... and fcuk i forgot the name.oh right, Overwatch but that's not a Saga,

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-16 18:17:56

At 4/16/23 06:02 PM, DamnWei wrote:someone already said COD... so i'm gonna say BattleField... and fcuk i forgot the name.oh right, Overwatch but that's not a Saga,

But it counts

HELLO BITCHES

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-17 02:58:11

Sonic, plain and simple. Sonic as an idea has so much potential that has been completely crushed like a flaming bag of dog shit. The characters have appealing designs, the music is good, speed and momentum are conceptually good drivers for game design, and the environments are beautiful when the planets align and Sonic Team decides to come up with new ideas. Over time the gameplay has become more basic in every title and ever since Secret Rings the series has adopted a bland, nondescript visual style. Sonic has become so generic, which is really a shame.

Frazzajazz, the skrunkly aficionado.

BBS Signature

All Friday Night Funkin songs, they are SH*T just like a developer who made FNF

hey! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Most overrated video game saga 2023-04-17 05:49:33

At 4/14/23 09:18 PM, Prismisho wrote:Halo, how is that shit still going?! It's supposed to end after like Halo 3! (I also would say Gears Of War but that's my favorite game.)

Halo went to shit when Bungie passed the reigns off to 343 industries. I can't believe the studio that was created specifically to make Halo games fails so hard to make good Halo games. It's been... a decade now? The best thing they did was Halo 4, and it is pitiful compared to the heights of Halo 2, 3, or even Bungie's spin-offs.