00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kamal62 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Glitched Character Limit

220 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey, comrades.

So I've been trying to properly post my latest poop drawing for the last two days, but there's a weird and rather annoying glitch that keeps messing up with the description.

Basically, the publish page keeps spamming me the character limit pop up, saying that "Long description can not exceed 12288 characters".

However, the description still has 1000+ characters to spare when it's done.

The weird thing, is that if there are 2000+ characters to spare instead of 1000+, it lets me save the project: the EVEN weirder thing, is that when I change some text from Normal to Italics (or Bold), it says that "Long description can not exceed 12288 characters" AGAIN even if the character count does not raise.

I tried contacting the support e-mail of Newgrounds and I haven't got an answer yet. Is there someone who knows how to work around this glitch, or maybe there's a cool admin out there who can flag this issue?

Thank you so much and have a good one.

Response to Glitched Character Limit 2023-11-13 16:39:56

At 11/13/23 04:32 PM, NeoD-ray wrote: Hey, comrades.

So I've been trying to properly post my latest poop drawing for the last two days, but there's a weird and rather annoying glitch that keeps messing up with the description.

Basically, the publish page keeps spamming me the character limit pop up, saying that "Long description can not exceed 12288 characters".
The weird thing, is that if there are 2000+ characters to spare instead of 1000+, it lets me save the project: the EVEN weirder thing, is that when I change some text from Normal to Italics (or Bold), it says that "Long description can not exceed 12288 characters" AGAIN even if the character count does not raise.

I tried contacting the support e-mail of Newgrounds and I haven't got an answer yet. Is there someone who knows how to work around this glitch, or maybe there's a cool admin out there who can flag this issue?

Oh weird, gmail had sent it to spam. I replied now with a request for some more info to test with!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Glitched Character Limit 2023-11-13 17:34:33

At 11/13/23 04:39 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/13/23 04:32 PM, NeoD-ray wrote: Hey, comrades.

Oh weird, gmail had sent it to spam. I replied now with a request for some more info to test with!

Gmail muh, treating my well written e-mails like spam...

Anyway, thanks for answering Tom, I've sent you the script/author description as reply on Gmail.

Response to Glitched Character Limit 2023-12-08 08:33:27

At 11/13/23 04:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Oh weird, gmail had sent it to spam. I replied now with a request for some more info to test with!

Hey Tom, do you have an update on the matter? I tried to fix the bio of the project again today but it still gives me the same glitch...

Response to Glitched Character Limit 2023-12-08 08:38:26

At 12/8/23 08:33 AM, NeoD-ray wrote:
At 11/13/23 04:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Oh weird, gmail had sent it to spam. I replied now with a request for some more info to test with!
Hey Tom, do you have an update on the matter? I tried to fix the bio of the project again today but it still gives me the same glitch...

Oops just finally recreated that issue now and filed a ticket for it!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature