00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

femivore just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat

5,893 Views | 234 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-09 23:36:32

At 5/8/24 05:48 AM, Skoops wrote: I like my chocolate so bitter that it's a punishment.

70% is my favorite, but I'll go as high as 85%. You may as well be chewing on coffee beans anywhere past 90

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 01:09:31

At 5/9/24 11:36 PM, SourCherryJack wrote:
At 5/8/24 05:48 AM, Skoops wrote: I like my chocolate so bitter that it's a punishment.
70% is my favorite, but I'll go as high as 85%. You may as well be chewing on coffee beans anywhere past 90

I want to say it depends on who makes it, but to most folks there really isn't a meaningful difference between brands of >90 cacao bricks.

Lots of upsides though: goes great in coffee, has health benefits that aren't immediately undone by sugar content, nobody asks for you to share, etc.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 03:31:07

Hey yooo ᜉᜓᜆᜅ᜔ ᜁᜈ ᜈᜒᜌᜓᜅ᜔ ᜎᜑᜆ᜔

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 11:14:10

At 5/10/24 03:31 AM, Waterina wrote: Hey yooo ᜉᜓᜆᜅ᜔ ᜁᜈ ᜈᜒᜌᜓᜅ᜔ ᜎᜑᜆ᜔

ㄋㄧ ㄍㄢ ㄕㄣ ㄇㄜ

ㄍㄢ ㄋㄧ ㄋㄧㄤ

At 5/10/24 01:09 AM, Skoops wrote:
I want to say it depends on who makes it, but to most folks there really isn't a meaningful difference between brands of >90 cacao bricks.

Lots of upsides though: goes great in coffee, has health benefits that aren't immediately undone by sugar content, nobody asks for you to share, etc.

American chocolate is made using the same enzymes within barf that produces it's terrible smell.

I'm not kidding.

edit: remember this whenever you're about to purchase American Hershey chocolate

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 19:04:48

At 5/10/24 06:34 PM, Dolorious wrote:

American chocolate is made using the same enzymes within barf that produces it's terrible smell.
I'm not kidding.

edit: remember this whenever you're about to purchase American Hershey chocolate

Eughhh, I already hated American chocolate, but this makes it so much worse 😖

American treats in general are gross as hell.

I had a Twinkie once, actually made me feel nauseous lmao.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 19:23:03

At 5/10/24 07:04 PM, MondoBilby wrote:

I'm not kidding.

Eughhh, I already hated American chocolate, but this makes it so much worse 😖
American treats in general are gross as hell.
I had a Twinkie once, actually made me feel nauseous lmao.

That's probably why you hated it

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 19:31:57

any of you been enjoying any comics lately? i've been having a blast reading some of the content i missed when reading the sonic idw comics

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-10 22:24:58

At 5/10/24 07:31 PM, FunnyPlush wrote: any of you been enjoying any comics lately? i've been having a blast reading some of the content i missed when reading the sonic idw comics

I haven't read any comics recently per say. But I have been reading some literature such as The Aeneid, Dante's Divine Comedy (Inferno, Purgatory and Paradiso. HP Lovecraft seemed to base Azathoth off the part in Paradiso where the angels are swirling around God iirc singing.), Wuthering Heights, The Metamorphosis, Moby Dick, Cervantes Don Quixote, The Stranger, The Odyssey and lastly the collection of HP Lovecraft stories (The dreamland stories of his are particularly interesting.).

I'm planning on reading Demian after I finish reading through the Lovecraft collection.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-11 13:21:19

At 5/10/24 07:31 PM, FunnyPlush wrote: any of you been enjoying any comics lately? i've been having a blast reading some of the content i missed when reading the sonic idw comics

I'm currently into the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman.

I would go outside and touch grass, but unfortunately there's an obstacle known as

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-13 22:21:14

Has anyone tried redrawing the sonichu series so you don't implode when you try to read it?

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 01:01:00

but on the downside it is gross lol

I'm the best for a reason.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 01:11:46

I'm not kidding.

So, its just an enzyme, its not like youre eating puke. I mean, people all over the world fertilize crops with literal feces but the fact that the nutrients in the shit goes into the crops doesnt mean we're eating shit

Idk if its the american in me, but I get really pissed when people talk shit about our chocolate. and yes before you say anything I have had international chocolate (Scandanavian and Romanian I think) and it is very good too

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 03:55:42

At 5/15/24 01:01 AM, TheBestBroster wrote:

See, I get to have my chocolate without anyone wanting me to share. I win.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 03:56:56

At 5/15/24 03:55 AM, Skoops wrote:
At 5/15/24 01:01 AM, TheBestBroster wrote:

See, I get to have my chocolate without anyone wanting me to share. I win.

Dammit I just proved you right lmao

BBS Signature

At 5/15/24 01:11 AM, TheBestBroster wrote:

I'm not kidding.

So, its just an enzyme, its not like youre eating puke. I mean, people all over the world fertilize crops with literal feces but the fact that the nutrients in the shit goes into the crops doesnt mean we're eating shit

Idk if its the american in me, but I get really pissed when people talk shit about our chocolate. and yes before you say anything I have had international chocolate (Scandanavian and Romanian I think) and it is very good too

It's the American in you.

America has imitation cheese which is basically just oil and some other crap. Which is the similar issue with chocolate in America. It's not using any of the REAL stuff that makes REAL chocolate.

edit: And don't get me started on how nearly everything has fucking corn syrup in it.

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 14:13:01

At 5/15/24 02:12 PM, Dolorious wrote:

I'm not kidding.

America has imitation cheese which is basically just oil and some other crap. Which is the similar issue with chocolate in America. It's not using any of the REAL stuff that makes REAL chocolate.

Bah I say

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 15:31:15

At 5/15/24 02:12 PM, Dolorious wrote:

I'm not kidding.

edit: And don't get me started on how nearly everything has fucking corn syrup in it.

Hey, Its weighin on me a bit, sorry if I came off as a douchey american stereotype there, buddy. And I do very much agree that theres a lot that should change about american food. For example: the insane amount of artificial dyes and preservatives, the INSANE amount of sugar (high fructose corn syrup in particular) that is in EVERYTHING, and trace amounts of cancer causing pesticides that is in just about any produce you buy and hell, even the packaging which isnt always biodegradable. I dont wanna be ignorant and disrespecful of other cultures, so sorry if I was.<3

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 18:11:32

Y'all fuck wit tha fitiu_1204346_21770177.webp

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 18:49:29

At 5/15/24 06:11 PM, Hydweeb wrote: Y'all fuck wit tha fit

Yea, that's a pretty cool shirt

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-15 18:51:50

At 5/15/24 06:49 PM, FunnyPlush wrote:
Yea, that's a pretty cool shirt

I have a collection of tubular shirts

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-16 09:26:08

I want one!!!

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-16 11:46:12

At 5/16/24 09:26 AM, Binkx4044 wrote:
I want one!!!

I have a shirt that has a space taco cat

Yeah so pretty much...I'm the shit

I used to have a custom shirt with this.

iu_1207365_10200478.webp

When I say hoes I mean none.

BBS Signature

Response to The Art Forum Lounge - Off Topic Chat 2024-05-20 17:30:12

At 5/20/24 05:26 PM, Azk0 wrote: I used to have a custom shirt with this.

When I say hoes I mean none.

Holy shit where can I get one