00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WanAn03 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition

12,010 Views | 195 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-25 17:04:17

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-25 17:56:59

Origami Samuraiiu_1258629_10254661.webp

Theme song:

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-26 00:13:22

Here is my entry!

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-26 12:07:14

At 8/25/24 10:53 AM, CornCobBro wrote:
At 8/14/24 07:43 PM, GamemasterChan wrote:Our match ups for Round 2!
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/corncobbro/crab-3-round-2-versus-tripp-nsfw

Moar to come...

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-27 14:50:24

this shit gay as hell. suffer

R2

Hi :D

BBS Signature

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-27 23:29:20

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-28 06:50:16

At 8/14/24 07:43 PM, GamemasterChan wrote:Our match ups for Round 2!

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-28 14:43:23

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-28 17:46:49

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-28 18:22:45

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-29 06:46:22

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-29 07:45:21

The official version with unfinished colouring: https://imgur.com/a/SwLLU5w

The unofficial version with finished colouring: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/slimefire123/cheras-vs-feddie

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-29 10:05:38

Tredecima vs Desmond and Guido

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-29 14:18:32

Wietse vs Dizzy

(due to personal life circumstances, I couldn't finish this one in time sadly...)

https://files.catbox.moe/klnob1.mp4

iu_1260603_5197794.webp

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-29 20:51:46

Hello, hello.

Here is my round 2 entry.

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 05:00:22

I forgot to share here :C

MUSIC for this Round

I get the feeling I'm not quite made of the right stuff. . .

To float between the rings of 💫🪐Cosmic Metal Love🌌⭐

BBS Signature

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 06:32:29

Forgot to post these yesterday

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 10:16:43

iu_1261127_21230607.webp

Well カニ chans, did you relax in Japan?

I confess that I was hardly ever more charitable with you crabs and yet .... Do I get paid with a -imaginary- rebellion? The nerve.

See Berbie? A firm hand is the only way to deal with crabs, otherwise they bite the hand that feeds them...and a firm hand they will get.

To vote simply

- (you) this post

- Copy paste and Edit these templates

- State your choice in every duel CLEARLY and write some comments too!

- Vote your own Duel as well!

R2_Ikigai (4chan thread)

Shojo (Tokyo Tower)

Ferfou vs Dr. Stitch (colab)

Hanami

Wanzu vs Michael and Noot

Yokai (Aokigahara)

Desmond and Guido (Doesn't work? Right click>Save as) vs Tredecima

(Vote anyway) Desmond and Guido broke the 77 seconds length rule - Tredecima gets the Gold!

Koinobori (Fertility)

Yuna vs Victory Man (NSFW?)

Konbini

Gouda (NSFW) vs Magai

Karate

Cyrus vs Hime

Matsuri

Frankie vs Sentimia

Kill God

Sae-Hyeon vs Sack

Salaryman

Janitor vs Luigi

Visual Kei

Wietse vs Dizzy

Cooking

Z vs Love

Hentai

Florida Man (NSFW) vs Tripp (NSFW)

Ninja

R.Ant (NSFW) vs Adni (NSFW)

Shinto Shrine

Cassidy vs Dylan

Pachinko

Davok vs Ludwig

Tajiroshima

Kome vs Pe’le

Idols

Moses vs Harry

Karaoke

Morgan vs Mishka

Tempura

Rhea and Monkshood vs Vera

Mecha (Mt. Fuji)

Soren and Centurion vs Lenard

Shinkansen

Godefroy vs Boxing Wizard

Onsen

Sanctus vs Admiral Pizza

Kaiju (Imperial Palace)

Ocapon vs Awesoman (colab) WIP Credits

Shudo

Sanguine vs Oji-sama

(Vote anyway) Oji-sama delivered late - Sanguine gets the Gold!

Yakuza

Celia vs Mr Overkill

Touge

Cheras vs Freddie

Origami

Epona (Posted above) vs Violet and Rosie

(Vote anyway) Epona didn’t drink any Potions. Violet and Rosie take the Gold!

Shibuya

Kalinka vs Evelin

Yomotsu Hirasaka

Pharaoh Tikas vs Teresa

iu_1261128_21230607.png

BBS Signature

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 18:30:55

And now, some words from our commentators!

iu_1261330_5197794.webp

iu_1261331_5197794.webp

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 18:59:10

iu_1261353_18797397.webp

>Shojo (Tokyo Tower)

A lovely collab making voting difficult. Plus I quite like both characters so I cannot even decide that way. Enraging. I have tossed a coin. I liked the yuri (yuri?) tease turning into a looney tunes gag.

WINNER: Ferfou.

-------------

>Hanami

A rational voice tells me, Micheal entry had superb art, and even more going on. However Wanzu's one touched me emotionally. I also like when Crabs actually use the meaning-of-life theme. Once again it could be its own tale, you prove yourself to be a very competent writer.

WINNER: Wanzu.

My best regards to the wet duo, thank you for joining us for these two rounds.

-------------

>Yokai (Aokigahara)

Caddie is tsundere for art - he seeks to create, declares to hate, yet creates a masterpiece anyways. However, he clearly does not seek gold, given that he went past the time. Either way Lacks entry was very strong. Probably the most horrifying CRAB entry to date. The page with the face light jump-scared me. Very confused boner at the end though.

WINNER: Tredecima. You are jobbing on that jobber award.

-------------

>Koinobori (Fertility)

I feel like if the tournament passes without me voting for Victory Man at least once I will have betrayed myself. None depicted the opponent all that much, but both entries were wild in different ways. Baby eating oni call to me though, so to Yuna it goes.

WINNER: Yuna

-------------

>Konbini

Reinstating Magai over a rule that was never officially written and established was a random and unfair move, Gamemaster. If we are doing that, bring Oji-San as well (Freaks let no one say I don't have your backs). Gouda delivered, comic made me laugh in many instances. I think Poppy has massively improved from last crab. Would never expect a memesisters cameo! Magai comic was downright adorable, though that Gouda is definitely nicer and more normal than the real one.

WINNER: Gouda

-------------

>Karate

Cyrus comic was brutal, and neither I nor Kome will ever forgive him. But Hime had one of my favorite comics of this round. Humor, action (the double hit scene was fire) and heart-warm (her friends, Peluchin reveal) all packed in just seven pages. Just loved it.

WINNER: Hime

-------------

>Matsuri

For two entries that filled me with good feels, at the moment to vote I am throwing up, crying and rolling on the ground. Sentimia sacrificed a bit of polish on certain pages to deliver THE more striking page of this round. Frankie had less of a punch but was more consistent in its quality. I really liked Sentimia's focus on favoring Frankie as a person but I enjoyed more the crab's activities in Frankie's entry. I'll go with Frankie, but it was a hard vote.

WINNER: Frankie. Good job both of you, you deserve to be proud.

-------------

>Kill God

Sae-Hyeon comic was nice in that I love playing into the narratives we create, but it didn't really involve Sack in any way. Sack's comic already made me laugh with how nonchalant he is about the whole god ordeal. I must admit however the Kirby references went over my head as I have never played it.

WINNER: Sack

-------------

>Salaryman

Both pretty fun, but Janny got an actual laugh out of me with the shirt scene.

WINNER: Janitor.

-------------

>Visual Kei

Even if its unfinished state Wietse's animatic and song selection made my blood rise. Such a perfect fit, made for the cheering. Dizzy's comic was not slouch at all though - I could actually listen to Wietse's initial theme sounding through it and loved the play on the rebel narrative. However it felt more like preparing than actual delivering.

WINNER: Wietse

-------------

>Cooking

LOVE's entry made me laugh out loud. I love LOVE. I think the use of repeated pages was actually smart. But Z's entry was just beautiful artistically AND had cameos and fun writing. The guy is just very lovable, whether Z wants it or not.

WINNER: Z

-------------

>Hentai

Thanks guys. Thanks to your efforts now the Rape Ant feels barely contentious. I ain't letting my boy Tripp live through THAT. What the fuck. I admire your going all out, both of you.

WINNER: Tripp

-------------

>Ninja

Adni's entry was better than I expecte- Koomy?! Incest Was Involved?!

I cannot forgive that bellybutton either. I am sorry. Ant animation was really fun and felt more ninja-like.

WINNER: Rapist Ant.

-------------

>Shinto Shrine

What a tough one! I loved both entries. Along with Frankie and Sentimia the toughest vote. Dylan's entry felt slightly more clear. But I did find Cassidy's entry slightly more entertaining. Dig the kiss though. Just a cute thing overall. I guess I saw the Ikigai theme more on Cassidy's so she gets that tiny little bit of edge.

WINNER: Cassidy

-------------

>Pachinko

Ludwig entry had an original format and once I got to read it I got surprised with how fun it was. Him trying to seduce Davok and being too obvious was great. Davok's entry was like a crazy music video honoring a lot of crab moments. I will give it my vote as a veteran, though I expect others to be more confused.

WINNER: Davok

-------------

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-08-30 19:00:09

>Tajiroshima

You may think the wish is CRAB's most wanted prize. You'd be wrong. It's actually Kome's ass.

I am satisfied with the entry I made. Really went through the grinder, hit a low point mentally, but ended up making something that I did not feel wasted my imagination since I played with the many cats of this tournament. Pe'le has me soundly beaten in technique and beauty though. I shall give them my vote, they are too competent to not have a W.

WINNER: Pe’le

-------------

>Idols

Harry jobs to time. Moses delivered a surprisingly funny entry. I feel I underestimate Moses-anon because I am always positively surprised when I read his stuff.

WINNER: Moses

-------------

>Karaoke

I'm so sorry Morgan-anon! I don't know the song! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

Mishka entry had more pages and felt very nice and cozy. Just what I expect of a good karaoke night.

WINNER: Mishka

-------------

>Tempura

Rhea had the more memorable comic, thought the ending of Vera's one was cute it felt too unpolished. I liked Rhea's sticking to her own character in her own story. Definitely the outlier among the Servants.

WINNER: Rhea and Monkshood

-------------

>Mecha (Mt. Fuji)

Tough one! Bon's animation is really just something I imagine seeing on a professional reel. The "Kat" pun was cheeky and Lenard struggling with his clearly very cheaply made mecha got a laugh out of me. Lenard's entry however manages to beat him, and is one of my favorites of this round. The music is on point, the action, and the Ichi-what joke at the end sealed it. He also had the underdog advantage.

WINNER: Lenard

-------------

>Shinkansen

Both comics end right as the action is about the start. Really liked Godefroy using the comic to develop him getting over Teresa's death and back into the action. Why does he have boobs. I felt his story feels more "complete" even if technically less polished. Between story and art, I choose story, so I suppose I am voting the madman then.

WINNER: Godefroy

-------------

>Onsen

Sanctus delivered one of my top contenders for this round's best entry. The fighting was smooth, the fan-service on point, and even had Kome dying. Janny is weak though and will not survive the snu-snu. I'm not sure if it was the limit, the chance to draw boobs or being frustrated over his last round but Sanctus anon incredibly powered up here.

WINNER: Sanctus

-------------

>Kaiju (Imperial Palace)

What a masterful thing you guys made. Spar keeps making his enemies ally and create Kino. Are you afraid, Ocapon, or is this just your style? Once again, voting a collaboration is just too difficult. I should probably toss a coin again. Or vote against Monomyth to try to metagame. Alas, I liked the Awesoman fighting animation too much and I want to be honest with myself. Ocapon's voice is good enough to almost match that though.

WINNER: Awesoman

-------------

>Shudo

Oji-san entry was pretty fun, though the ending was a bit too chaotic. Sanguine had a lot of cool but overdid the narration. Either way the winner was decided for me.

WINNER: Sanguine

-------------

>Yakuza

What a difficult one. Celia properly focused on both herself and her opponent, while Overkill felt like Celia was a bit of a middle snack in the grand narrative. 1-0. Overkill actually adapted the Yakuza theme, while in Celia's it felt secondary. 1-1. I guess I will vote for Overkill, the darker tone fit the theme more in my opinion, and I will feel bad with myself if I never vote for him during this tournament considering how much of a highlight of this Crab he is.

WINNER: Mr. Overkill

-------------

>Touge

I liked both to be honest. Feddie did try to tackle ikigai which I always find it a plus (even if I didn't in mine) and their entry was clearer. Cheras dry humor made me laugh and they represented their opponent more, but I did not quite understand the ending. Cheras anon says they put no care but it feels to me their art level is increasingly improving. Honestly I could vote for either.

WINNER: Cheras

-------------

>Origami

They would have won anyways, since they bothered to at least despict Epona. However, what potion did they took? The ruling is so arbitrary.

For all is worth and the meme, I find Epona's entry very charming. Its just lacking in a few aspects that tend to make Crab the most entertaining.

WINNER: Violet and Rosie

-------------

>Shibuya

Kalinka surprised me with a well complete and polished entry. Limitations did wonders, since I found last round animation to drag quite a bit which was not the case here. Evelin had plenty of fun (the late realization lol), but the Pissing Gang tells me I ought not to vote for him her.

WINNER: Kalinka.

-------------

>Yomotsu Hirasaka

Did not understand "Teresa"'s comic. Tikas did a nice, funny and heartwarming send-off to the character, and has my respect for that. Happy ending achieved.

WINNER: Tikas.

iu_1261354_18797397.webp

I can't bring myself to write proper reviews, sorry! Busy schedule...

Anyways,

Ferfou

Michael and Noot :)

Tredecima

Yuna

Magai

Hime

Sentimia

Sack

Janitor

Dizzy

Z

...Tripp (Coin Flip)

......Ant...... (Coin Flip)

Dylan

Davok

Pe'le (Coin Flip)

Moses

Mishka

Rhea and Monkshood

Lenard

Godefroy

Sanctus (Coin Flip)

Ocapon

Sanguine

Celia

Feddie

Violet and Rosie

Kalinka

Tikas

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 02:21:00

ROUND 2 IKIGAI!

Hello Micro and the gang gang here! Pull up for my votes!

iu_1262273_7061501.webp

Oh look.... The theme of this round is a country I used to want to live but all the magic completely died :C

Anyway...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shojo (Tokyo Tower)

Ferfou vs Dr. Stitch 

Heyyyy I have heard a lot of Romance shows that took place in Tokyo Tower (The Live Action of Densha Otoko being one of them in the finale iirc). Collabs like this are really hard to judge as both actually delivered really well! Both are really cute tho! OH well.....

VOTE: DR. STITCH

The Tokyo Tower

Very lovely place, innit?

Lost in Paradise....

Hanami

Ahhhh the first hard match. M and N's entry is soooo beautiful, colorful. Like a field of flowers. meanwhile Wanzu's entry... beautifully tragic... very reflective and the allusion to flowers fits the theme and makes you think. But alas I ahve to vote for one, I love both of these entries deeply....

VOTE: WANZU

Beautiful Flower

Blooms once then gets blown away

Till next time; see you.....

Yokai (Aokigahara)

Desmond and Guido vs Tredecima

Again its Tendecimals, terrifying. But D and G's entry animation is so good and also as equally terrifying. Although the default goes to Tendecimals, my vote has to go to the duo.

VOTE: DESMOND AND GUIDO

Amaterasu

Illuminate and Destroy

This horrid oni....

Koinobori (Fertility)

Yuna vs Victory Man 

When I read entries, I love seeing both parties represent each crab equally. While VM's entry is as zany and soulful as it is, Yuna feels more complete, delves into phenomenon and solutions, and has a really good ending

VOTE: YUNA

We're born on this world

But not on equal footing

Find your place, sweet child

Konbini

Gouda vs Magai

Gouda's entry is insanely hillarious, the facial expressions are so whack. But I have to give it to Magai, a poignant entry that shows the mundanity of working retail makes you reflect on life. I never expected such an entry from a literal pile of bodilly fluids.

VOTE: MAGAI

Store in the corner

What things do you have for me?

Slurpie or Pleasure?

Karate

Cyrus vs Hime

Ooooh a fun one. Hime's entry has a fun side story involving food while Cyrus entry has a hillarious fact that multiple child rights were violated.... also crimes. Cyrus has the hillarity while Hime has a cute, almost sibling vibe to it, and Im a sucker for that trope.

VOTE: HIME

Those fists of fury

Each strike with intent and rage

A maddened monkey

Matsuri

Frankie vs Sentimia

iu_1262275_7061501.webp

FUCK FUCK SHIT OH NO. I DREAD VOTING FOR THIS ONE! I swear! Both are really good, one is technically more complete while one experimented very well with animated panels. Both are soooooo commendable but I have to choose?! Dammit GM-sama.... sigh

Alright, nepotism wins for me.

VOTE: FRANKIE

Banzai o' Banzai!

IS THAT A FUCKING TRIPP PLUSH!?!??!?

Goes well in a jar :3

Kill God 

Sae-Hyeon vs Sack

I really appreciate the manga aesthetic Sack has going on, its fun and a treat to read. Meanwhile Sae's entry is rather intriguing, it makes me want more. Why is FMan considered a God? 

VOTE: SACK

Pointing at the God

I said between labored breaths....

Isshun sengeki!

Salaryman

Janitor vs Luigi

Both are extremely funny, Especially the duel with the hobo on Luigi's entry. Jannie's comic is more in line with the plight of Salarymen tho. Entitled people hits too close to home for me.

VOTE: JANITOR

You, a hardworker

A cog in this world's machine

Stand strong, true hero

Visual Kei

Wietse vs Dizzy

Another Lovely one. The two stories interconnect with each other in a rather heartwarming way. Unironically this match endears me to Dizzy a lot. But credit where credit is due, its VISUAL kei so I reckon the flashier the entry is, the better.

VOTE: WIETSE

This unique music

Whose fashion is a statement

Entertain my ears

Cooking

Z vs Love

iu_1262274_7061501.webp

Oh boy..... my teammate vs my actual favorite crab. Sigh.....

Oh well, Gm really loves torturing my mental health. Ok so LOVE's entry is hilarious, there are jokes that I get and the parody of Manga apps from Japan is a nice and hilarious touch. Z's entry is straightforward and easy to understand. He's really cute to a boot when actually putting on work. Sorry Z-anon, but you have created one of the most likeable and boyfail crabs in crab 3.

VOTE: Z (Love wins, and by that I mean my love for the boyfail)

It goes in the ass

Even Z cannot escape.... 

THE DAIKON RADISH!

Love Ill treat you instead im so sorrrrrryyyyyyyyy

Hentai

Florida Man vs Tripp 

..... Goddamn prolly the main event this round. Florida Man entry is literally a mind break, not just to Tripp and his bussy but also to the audience. But Tripp took it to a somehow more heartwarming route, I can actually see both being friends. Feel good stories beats shock humor for me so....

VOTE: TRIPP

PS: Either way Tripp still gets fucked so..... coin flip!

Between Weed and Beer

A chub tripples in its size

Haha get Fucked Tripp

Ninja

R.Ant vs Adni 

Woah, the ant can deliver a mean animation. That transformation scene is so hillarious but...

Awww, Adni's entry is a love letter to the PokeManga- INCEST WAS INVOLVED!?!?!??!?

VOTE: R.ANT 

iu_1262276_7061501.jpg

INCEST WAS INVOLVED?

You had a good entry BUT

INCEST WAS INVOLVED?!?!??!?!?!

Pachinko

Davok vs Ludwig

I love the friendship Davok's entry has. Its like Jesse and James,Bonnie and Clyde! But I can't help but to kneel to my team mate's sheer SOUL in paper, easy to follow and true to character too. I still think male Ludwig is hotter tho.

VOTE: LUDWIG

Insert the steel ball

Then make your final gambit

Because debt is near

Tajiroshima (Cat Island)

Kome vs Pe’le

At first I was wondering what are they gonna do with this theme. Its literally a location that is declining in both cat and human population based on 2022's Japanese consensus sadly. Pe'le's entry is a literally cat fight, hot. But Kome aligns better with the theme, is animated, and the music is goofy fun!

VOTE: KOME

iu_1262277_7061501.gif

The cat's paw curls up

"I want a big fish" It says...

I only have pork....

Idols

Moses vs Harry

Ohhh Harry, not another preview again. I wanna see idol Harry STRIP ON THE STAGE... ahem.... But on the other hand, Moses beating the shit out of Tendecimals is hilarity on itself and the amount of cameos is what I expect to an idol life.

VOTE: MOSES

Pon Pon Kimochi

Who's the creep that stalks to me?

Wait, its the police....

iu_1262278_7061501.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 02:40:04

iu_1262290_7061501.jpg

NYA NYA NYA NYA Part 2!!!!

Oh yea, yes those are bad haikus

I love japan so much nyeehhhhhhhh

iu_1262291_7061501.webp

Karaoke

Morgan vs Mishka

I live in a Karaoke loving place. I know how these things go wild at a drop of a hat. That being said, I love how both of them encapsulates what karaoke is. I have to give it to Snek tho, I love the poignant message an the (hot) picture on the last panel.

Microphone on hand

I enter the sacred code

Sing Naruto's Op

Tempura

I like how Vera's entry is a bit wholesome, but I gotta give it to the other duo. They stick to their character and question Rhea's true alliance. Monkshood in particular is growing on me. I like him 

VOTE: RHEA and MONKSHOOD

Fish.. Shrimp... Squid... Veggies

Dipped in pristine boiling oil

A treat for the soul

Mecha (Mt. Fuji)

Bon and Centurion vs Lenard

OHOHOHOHOHO this headliner vs headliner is sending me! Cool fight scenes and really really cool writing. I can only hope one day I can animate as fast as both of you. But man Mr.Bon is one hell of an anime protagonist!

VOTE: BON and CENTURION

Enemies abound!

My comrades gather around!

All Shout: LETS VOLT IN!

Shinkansen

Both cliffhangers! Interesting! Well, my headcanon is they both have the hottest bara gay sex after that so Im the true winner! HA- HA!

VOTE: BOXING WIZARD

Hello, Forsetti

Do you remember skullgirls?

There's a train stage there....

Onsen

Sanctus vs Admiral Pizza

Admiral's animation was all kinds of flash awesome... but where's the onsen lmao. Sanctus' entry is very accurate to a traditional onsen tho!

VOTE: SANCTUS

Relaxing onsen

Good for your health and body

Though, I hope its clean...

Kaiju (Imperial Palace)

Dear me another collab. We all know how collabs go so its even more harder to vote in these! I can only abstain so I guess I will ahve to go with writing to this. I love Ocapon spouting powers but Awesomeman is just... Saikou desu

VOTE: Awesomeman

I am honestly

Lost for any ideas

To make haiku here

Shudo

Sanguine vs Oji-sama

Wow... OjiSama-anon can draw a mean and lean manly macho guys huh? Well I will follow my heart here despite the default winner.

VOTE: OJI SAMA

This is just yaoi

The most gay thing in japan?

Its gachimuchi

Yakuza

Celia vs Mr Overkill

Hotdamn both are really really good! I have to give it to Celia for equally featuring both characters in a very fun way. The ambiance of a Yakuza tho? Overkill nailed it. Now that you think of it, the freakers act like Yakuza's innit? A hard choice!

VOTE: CELIA

On Tokyo City

Yakuza, Like a Dragon

Strangleholds the place....

Touge

Cheras vs Freddie

Dear me both are sooo fun! I hope both of you are proud! I read both on your entries with Eurobeat and I can help but to laugh a lot.

VOTE: FREDDIE

Singing.... GAS GAS GAS!!!

Im gonna step on the gas!

AND BE YOUR LOVER!

Origami

I'm not gonna say the joke again.... Anyway. Violet and Rosie has the color, reminds me of blocky 90s children show (high praise tbh). The origami part is funny.

VOTE: VIOLET AND ROSIE

Oh my sweet children

That is not a samurai....

That's a rikishi.....

Shibuya

Kalinka vs Evelin

"Dont just swipe with my heart, there's no way you'll miss, mou kidzui teru yo ne?" I love Shibuya, even tho I ahte cities, Shibuya is just so iconic. And on that note, Im really glad both of them delivered. Kalinka is a fun take on vocaloid icons meanwhile ARK?!??!?! Your mantiddies are overpowering wtf. On the Miku note, this two under the potion should DEFINITELY recreate the famous MV for Teh World is Mine, hey M! Ark looks the part, so why not?

VOTE: KALINKA

Swiping my love up

There's no way that you'll miss

So Give me a kiss~

Yomotsu Hirasaka

Pharaoh Tikas vs Teresa

Ahhhh this round, oh how sweet of an ending for the Pharaoh.

Bless your soul, King. Im happy you got what you wanted.

VOTE: TIKAS

Little boating man

Help me cross to the Yomi

Oh Sweet Departure

Shinto Shrine

Cassidy vs Dylan

Ahhh what an honor is to face with a really good artist! Seriously, the reason why I upped a notch for my entry is because I want to do justice to your character! i really hope you appreciate my take on Cass! Meanwhile, dear me I love how you draw Dylan, he looks so cute and handsome and jockish at the same time! The spirited away part is really interesting! Again Thank you! 

Sigh....

iu_1262292_7061501.webp

VOTE: DYLAN 

Oh God of the Shrine

Grant us eternal fortune

and never leave us...

IM DONE, BRAIN MUSH

BYE

iu_1262293_7061501.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 03:01:02

iu_1262297_22292498.webp

Civic duty time!

>Shojo

Dr. Stitch. Between the pages done by either artist I liked Stitch's pages a little more thanks to the writing. Ferfou has amazing illustrative ability but I found Stitch a bit more endearing.

>Hanami

Wanzu. Wanzu's comic was a bit clearer and that last illustration had a profound affect on me, made me sit and think for a bit. Michael and Noot as before has beautiful illustrations and I do like your characters but I just think clarity was the deciding factor here.

>Yokai

Tredecima. Despite having no text the entry is powerful in its dread and Tredecima's presence, to the point I almost feel text would ruin the feeling I had reading it. Desmond and Guido had quite the impressive animation but I just feel Treddy stands tall here.

>Koinobori

Yuna. Between the two I enjoyed Yuna's adventure a bit more than Victory Man's. VM is very straightforward but Yuna has a bit more jokes fit in with the quest to raise the fertility rate, even if her actions didn't have much impact.

Konbini

Magai. Magai's comic left me kind of nostalgic about hanging out talking about important life shit at the convenience store. Gouda's in comparison take a bit to reach the convenience store and the interactivity with Magai is surprisingly low.

>Karate

Hime. The use of karate and food was pretty creative and her story has a bit of heart to it rather than it getting literally ripped out of her haha. Cyrus's work is crisp and colorful but storywise I was just less engaged.

>Matsuri

Sentimia. This isn't the usual 'I never vote for myself' reason but literally because I've been utterly mogged. Sentimia's comic swells with such triumphant feelgood emotion it made ME feel at the end of it. And Page 4 is absolutely stunning!

>Kill God

Sack. Sack's entry just feels more complete and I really enjoy some panels in there like Sack screaming as he falls through the clown void.

>Salaryman

Luigi. The writing I found really funny, especially the ending. Janitor's entry is a bit more mundane but not quite as funny I thought as Luigi's.

>Visual Kei

Wietse. The animation wasn't complete but it REALLY brings forward the feeling of a flashy band with great framing. This was really close because Dizzy's comic is complete and I did really like it too, gahhhhhh

>Cooking

Z has a wonderfully rendered comic featuring other crabs but I wasn't getting any Japan vibes from it which was a bit disappointing given Japan cuisine is one of my favorite things (I even put Udon on my personal GM list). LOVE's was cute and funny and, for more of a bonus, dealt with Japanese ingredients like Daikon.

>Hentai

Florida Man. I don't want to elaborate, sorry.

>Ninja

R.Ant. That felt more like it paid into the ninja aspect of the round challenge compared to Adni and that's really all I got.

>Shrine

Dylan. As always beautiful art and I liked the storyline, though Cassidy's own comic had a fantastical aspect of the shrine that I found fun in a different manner.

>Pachinko

Davok. His story really is fun all the way through with both he and Ludwig having a fun adventure and it makes me want to go back to Vegas. Ludwig's isn't as lively in comparison and unfortunately reminds me that the last time I went to Vegas I lost 200 bucks.

>Tajiroshima

Kome. A charming and tightly paced animation where Kome creatively collects the cats set to a song that makes me EXTREMELY nostalgic, it's so soulful. Pe'le's art is strong as before but man do I love fun and Nyan Cat.

>Idols

Moses, for the sake of a fully complete entry. Harry's single illustration probably would have won it if it was framed more as an idol poster from me because I feel like he will deliver something amazing and the art for the placeholder alone is super gorgeous.

>Karaoke

Mishka. I love the narration referencing Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and you really get the whole feel for the karaoke night. Morgan's as a nice snapshot but just has less in comparison.

>Tempura

Vera. I like the art a little more as well as the resolution. I do think it's funny in both Rhea is the only one to actually fry anything lmao.

>Mecha

Soren and Centurion. Lenard had his highlights but I really enjoyed Bon's animation a bit more.

>Shinkansen

Godefroy. I do like things with heart and you really feel more with Godefroy's entry and beautiful painting of Fuji. Boxing Wizard's is visually impressive with a straightforward fight but the ending doesn't feel as complete.

>Onsen

Sanctus. Actually focuses on the hot spring aspect and has a much more complete narrative. Admiral Pizza's entry felt pretty similar to R1 but with less a reason to happen compared to this one.

>Kaiju

Awesoman. This was another excruciating close call but I give it to Awesoman for the stunning action shots and the efforts in the lipsynching. The scene itself where he's knocked away from the kaiju and hitting buildings is HUGELY impressive. Ocapon's while not as technically difficult really filled out the narrative and the voice acting was very impressive.

>Shudo

Oji-sama. Impressive art, flowing story, and Oji-sama is always a treat. Sanguine's entry gets pretty choppy in the narrative to finish and it was a bit jarring.

>Yakuza

Mr. Overkill. I really liked Celia's entry and found it charming all on its own but Overkill's really feels like an intricate hitjob with probably the biggest mark you can make. Outside of that the gator transformation got me rolling.

>Togue

Feddie. I'll admit I was impressed by the technical work of making the cars look really good, but Cheras' antics in her entry shouldn't be understated.

>Origami

Violet and Rosie. Again they represent their opponent in their entry which gives an edge over Epona in my regard. Origami Samurai is neat, I just wish there was something showing Epona animating them herself to the marvel of her opponents since she's magical.

>Shibuya

Kalinka. I wasn't expecting her method of taking over the region and was really delighted by the resolution. It was really funny seeing 'Evan' struggle with male living for a bit though.

>Yomotsu Hirasaka

Pharaoh Tikas. It's very emotional and takes two characters out of the tournament than just one. Godspeed Tikas.

iu_1262298_22292498.webp

That's all foiks!

At 8/30/24 10:16 AM, GamemasterChan wrote:

I confess that I was hardly ever more charitable with you crabs and yet .... Do I get paid with a -imaginary- rebellion? The nerve.
See Berbie? A firm hand is the only way to deal with crabs, otherwise they bite the hand that feeds them...and a firm hand they will get.

To vote simply

- (you) this post

R2_Ikigai (4chan thread)

Shojo (Tokyo Tower)

Hanami

Yokai (Aokigahara)

(Vote anyway) Desmond and Guido broke the 77 seconds length rule - Tredecima gets the Gold!

Koinobori (Fertility)

Konbini

Gouda (NSFW) vs Magai

Karate

Cyrus vs Hime

Matsuri

Frankie vs Sentimia

Kill God

Sae-Hyeon vs Sack

Salaryman

Janitor vs Luigi

Visual Kei

Wietse vs Dizzy

Cooking

Z vs Love

Hentai

Ninja

Shinto Shrine

Cassidy vs Dylan

Pachinko

Davok vs Ludwig

Tajiroshima

Kome vs Pe’le

Idols

Moses vs Harry

Karaoke

Morgan vs Mishka

Tempura

Mecha (Mt. Fuji)

Shinkansen

Onsen

Sanctus vs Admiral Pizza

Kaiju (Imperial Palace)

Shudo

Sanguine vs Oji-sama

Yakuza

Celia vs Mr Overkill

Touge

Cheras vs Freddie

Origami

Shibuya

Kalinka vs Evelin

Yomotsu Hirasaka

Pharaoh Tikas vs Teresa

FERFOU VS DR.STITCH [SHOJO] (TOKYO TOWER) 

Idk, I guess there's no need to vote since they collabed so I'll leave it to the coin.

VOTE: FERFOU

WANZU vs MICHAEL AND NOOT [HANAMI]

Wanzu's was more cinematic and had a dramatic flair from beginning to end, but M and N went for a more lighter tone that stuck with me more with it's jokes and character interactions.

VOTE: MICHAEL AND NOOT

DESMOND AND GUIDO vs TREDECIMA [YOKAI] (AOKIGAHARA)

Too bad what happened to Desmond and Guido, but even then it felt like they could have edited multiple scenes to have made it short enough to fit the time limit, and make the animatic itself more snappy. Tredecima's was a lot gore porn that didn't really have a story, but even without the rule breakage, Tredecima would have won due to the fact both didn't really have a story and were relying on their visuals.

VOTE: TREDECIMA

YUNA vs VICTORY MAN [KOINOBORI] (FERTILITY)

Yuna's made me laugh and I was impressed by the amount of thought put into how she would fix the declining birth rate and the dialogue while needing a proofreader here and there was quite clever.

On the other hand, Vitory Man's whole schtick is so right up my alley to the point that 

VOTE: VICTORY MAN

GOUDAI vs MAGAI [KONBINI]

Goudai's looked wondeful and much better than mine's but being objective, one of the problems with it is that it read more like another story that begrudgingly had to do some other story it didn't want to due to how it lacked both it's opponent, and Konbinis in general.

VOTE: MY GUY MAGAI

CYRUS vs HIME [KARATE]

Hime's story had a heart to it that made it more memorable for me and it ended on such a light note that it hit me hard.

VOTE: HIME

FRANKIE vs SENTIMIA [MATSURI]

Sentimia's submission truly had some mind boggling amount of work put into it, while Frankie's submission reminded of webcomics I read from the mid 2000s that struck a cord with me hard, and brought out my nostalgic love of 2000s webcomics. This was a hard decision to make.

VOTE: FRANKIE

SAE-HYEON vs SACK [KILL GOD]

I'm not entirely sure what happened in either of these stories, I'm not even entirely sure whether or not God was killed in either one but because of how mixed up I am on both of they're stories, I'm gonna have to vote for Sae Hyon simply cause his art was very clear and clean, with writing that sounded like it made sense despite not having God die.

VOTE: SAE-HYON

JANITOR vs LUIGI [SALARYMAN]

Janitor's was really hard to read, and it's story just wasn't enough. While Luigi's had a plot that felt more substantial than Janitor's.

Though it did feel like they moved away from the idea of Salary man.

VOTE: LUIGI

WIETSE vs DIZZY [VISUAL KEI]

Dizzy's wsa unfinished and lacked an ending which really hurt it, because I was really getting into the characters and art in their submission only to be given blue balls by the end.

Wietse's animation though unfinished, had an end and was carried by how pretty even the animatic looked. While both are good, I felt less disappointed by the end of Wietse's than Dizzy's

VOTE: WIETSE

Z vs LOVE [COOKING]

Both submissions have charm in different areas whre Z's entry has charming art with it's character reactions and overall vibe. Love's writing charmed me in how simple and hard hitting the comedy was with it using repititions to incredibly well. 

Reading both of them over and over again makes me think the other is better until I go and check back on the other.

It's a hard choice and I don't make this vote easily.

VOTE: Z

FLORIDAMAN vs TRIPP [HENTAI]

A hard choice, while Tripp had the better art and paneling, Floridaman's made me laugh and chuckle while Tripp's story was more charming than anything else.

I think between the 2, Floridaman's writing got me to laugh more due to how similar it felt to actual badly written hentais.

VOTE: FLORIDAMAN

R.ANT vs ADNI [NINJA]

R.Ant's entry reminded of old NG animations, where it only needed amateur voice acting in a shitty mic to complete it.

I just did not like Adni's comic because of multiple reasons, but one being that it was just not to my taste.

VOTE: R.ANT

CASSIDY vs DYLAN [SHINTO SHRINE]

Cassidy and Dylan's entry were both beautiful and gave way to content that felt like I was reading a leaked manga of sorts.

The real deciding factor here for would be the ending, in that Dylan's submission felt more like it had one, while Cassidy's submission felt sudden and a bit disappointing.

VOTE: DYLAN

DAVOK vs LUDWIG [PACHINKO]

Ludwig had almost nothing to do wth pachinkos, it loses out to Davok mainly due to that. Even if it felt like Davok's story didn't really understand what Pachinko is.

VOTE: DAVOK

KOME vs PE'LE [TAJIROSHIMA]

Kome's submission was just pure fun, and while it's something I can see myself coming back to over and over like candy. Saying this, Pe'Le's entry had the dialogue and setup of a well made comic book that charmed me enough to give it the vote.

VOTE: PE'LE

MOSES vs HARRY [IDOLS]

I think last round was a perfect choice as both characters and writers are very similar in how energetic and hyperactively fast they are. I feel Moses' story had an energy to it that made it a crazy rollercoaster to read.

VOTE: MOSES

MORGAN vs MISHKA [KARAOKE]

I will give credit to Morgan for how short and sweet their entry was, but even Mishka's commc felt more like a complete package that delivered a build up to an ending that felt quite nice.

VOTE: MISHKA

RHEA AND MONKSHOOD vs VERA [TEMPURA]

Rhea and Monkshood went for a more competition tournament focus while Vera went for a more slice of life writing focus and between the two, the second is easier to do in a limited amount of pages than the first.

VOTE: VERA

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 07:00:14

At 9/1/24 06:57 AM, KroKroKro wrote:
At 8/30/24 10:16 AM, GamemasterChan wrote:

To vote simply

- (you) this post

R2_Ikigai (4chan thread)

Shojo (Tokyo Tower)

Hanami

Yokai (Aokigahara)

Koinobori (Fertility)

Konbini

Gouda (NSFW) vs Magai

Karate

Cyrus vs Hime

Matsuri

Frankie vs Sentimia

Kill God

Sae-Hyeon vs Sack

Salaryman

Janitor vs Luigi

Visual Kei

Wietse vs Dizzy

Cooking

Z vs Love

Hentai

Ninja

Shinto Shrine

Cassidy vs Dylan

Pachinko

Davok vs Ludwig

Tajiroshima

Kome vs Pe’le

Idols

Moses vs Harry

Karaoke

Morgan vs Mishka

Tempura

Mecha (Mt. Fuji)

Shinkansen

Onsen

Sanctus vs Admiral Pizza

Kaiju (Imperial Palace)

Shudo

Sanguine vs Oji-sama

Yakuza

Celia vs Mr Overkill

Touge

Cheras vs Freddie

Origami

Shibuya

Kalinka vs Evelin

Yomotsu Hirasaka

Pharaoh Tikas vs Teresa

SOREN AND CENTURION vs LENARD [MECHA]

While SnC went for a very charming old style anime look, I have to admit that it clearly not being fully finished hurts it when compared to Lenard's full colored and quite beautiful animation that grabs it the win for this round.

Though I cannot understate just how charming and accurate SandC got their old school anime look at, it makes me want to have seen it fully finished.

VOTE: LENARD

GODEFROY vs BOXING WIZARD [SHINKANSEN]

Godefroy and BW's comics funnily mirror each other as G's comic feels like the first half of a comic that BW finishes.

Between the two though, while Godefroy's has more of a story to tell, Boxing Wizard had more of a punch to his.

It's a hard choice, but Godefroy's more substantial writing slightly edges out Boxing Wizard's hype. Really it could go either way.

VOTE: GODEFROY

SANCTUS vs ADMIRAL PIZZA [ONSEN]

Sanctus wins mainy because of tittilation, but that shouldn't go without absolutely complimenting Admiral Pizza on his genuinely impressive Dream animation.

VOTE: SANCTUS

OKAPON and AWESOMAN [KAIJU] (IMPERIAL PALACE)

I'm not entirely sure how to vote for a collab as it isn't really something where one guy can be the winner. So I'll just flip a coin.

VOTE: OKAPON

SANGUINE vs OJI-SAMA [SHUDO]

Sanguine's feels like a short story, and Oji Sama's feels like I've come in the middle of a serialized manga.

While I like a complete story, the experience itself is also important to me and I think this vote goes tooooooo......

VOTE: OJI-SAMA

CELIA vs MR OVERKILL [YAKUZA]

Celia's was a fun ride with fun characters that made it a quick, easy, and great read.

But Overkill's was fille with story, atmosphere, action, and hype. It had a lot going for it that made me choose it over Celia's

VOTE: OVERKILL

CHERAS vs FREDDIE [TOUGE]

Cheras has a very funny andwacky ending while Freddie has a very cute and wholesome ending, between the two, I prefer the wacky overe the sentimental.

VOTE: CHERAS

EPONA vs VIOLET AND ROSE [ORIGAMI]

I'm not entirely sure what Epona's entry was, but it brought about a meme that the more I think or hear about it, makes it funnier.

Still, VIolet and Rose had something substantial.

VOTE: VIOLET AND ROSE

KALINKA vs EVELIN [SHIBUYA]

Evelin's story was a story about nothing, but in a good way. It was neat, well paced, and fine.

Kalinka on the other hand had a story that had more to do with the overall "vibe" Shibuya has, so I'll give it to her.

VOTE: KALINKA

PHARAOH TIKAS vs TERESA [YOMOTSU HIRASAKA]

Both storie get a slight bonus due to being short and sweet.

Teresa had the boobage, but Tikas had the heart, and between the two, the heart takes it for this round.

VOTE: PHARAOH TIKAS

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 14:00:34

Ferfou

Wanzu (Mike n noot had the haha funny but the introspective part of Wanzu's was more in line with general theme)

Victory Man, (wojjie's was good but the sheer wtf of VM's comic bruteforced my vote)

Gouda (was actually torn, was a coinflip)

Hime

Sentimia

Sae-Hyeon (loved it, also teammate bias. Sack's entry having him being kirby is so in fucking line with the whole kill god jrpg bit holy shit lol)

Luigi

Wietse (fuck you you're not getting the jobber award, both entry r good)

LOVE (HOLY SHIT LMAAO, Z got the better art, LOVE's comic felt like it was focus tested on retards like me to make me lal)

FMan (TERESAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH)

Adni

Dylan

Ludwig (initially voted Davok, but fuckkk those two are too good it's tough to chooooooose)

Pe'le

Moses

Mishka

Rhea

Lenard (this was teh hardest one to chose holy shit.)

Godefroy (fuck you self voting, it's funny how we both started the same way though.)

Admiral Pizza

Oji-Sama (Baraland...)

Overkill

Feddie

Kalinka

Teresa (fuck you, self voting², Local healer fucking dies from the 20 millenia pussystank)

Awesomeman

epona (origami samurai)

Response to Comics and Random Art Battles - 3rd Edition 2024-09-01 14:35:43

Shojo (Tokyo Tower): Ferfrou

Hanami: Wanzu

Yokai (Aokigahara): Tredecima

Koinobori (Fertility): Yuna 

Konbini: Magai

Karate: Cyrus 

Matsuri: Frankie 

Kill God: Sae-Hyeon 

Salaryman: Janitor