00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Souhei33 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tell me your favorite music genre and I'll describe something about you!

2,659 Views | 217 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 7/16/24 03:29 PM, OVERSCORE wrote:I like all DnB, but especially atmospheric DnB/breakcore. I also love hyperpop, color bass, and most other electronica!
90s chill music also hits, and Good Kid!!

You're a dancer. I don't mean the ballet kind, no. Anytime something hard, you're immediately in the middle, breaking down on the dance floor. You lead the best DJ mixes with your flow and have great cardio. You choose not to sing to be a public embarrassment, but probably sing in the shower anyways. You enjoy stuff from the 90s like Koolaid and Sonic the Hedgehog in Honey Nut Cheerios cereal boxes. Always in the mood for Poptarts, and trust me, I can relate.

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

At 7/16/24 04:03 PM, The-Great-One wrote:Alternative Rock

Hello, The Great One!! Nice to see you here, hope your newsletters going well. (And also happy late birthday to you!)

From what I can sense, you seem to focus on not just music that sounds good - you also appreciate and find importance in songs who have a point. Not a musical edge, no; but a lyrical one. Something that isn't just about the usual love, drugs and sex is your jam. You probably listen to Green Day and similar artists like Linkin Park. Maybe you like a little Rage Against the Machine. Anything with any sort of message to spread is absolutely going in your playlist. For some reason, I think that you'd like the Cranberries' song "Zombies" which talked about the domestic terror attacks on the Irish back in the 90s - it's a great song with a good anti-war message. Oh, but who am I kidding? I might just be making shit up - I rarely get these right, anyway.

Good luck to your future newsletter issues!! I'll keep reading for as long as I'm on this website, which is definitely forever. Fucking love Newgrounds, man.

At 7/16/24 04:16 PM, Yomuchan wrote:
At 7/15/24 02:14 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:I wanted to do it again, screw it, it's fucking fun~ Anyway, pretty much what the title says. Tell me your favorite genre(s) and I'll describe something about you! Once again, not looking to be serious - this is all for fun! SO BRING IT ON!!! I accept any and all challenges :3

I'm a huge fan of traditional japanese music intermeshed with heavy metal instrumentals.

Ohhh, then I have some recommendations for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlxqzYUCad8

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLavPZQO7N5eejKwmL1COoqEGjGgXJLApO

That aside...you're like me. You like the worldly with the radical. It's what makes the world so cool - being able to mash up genres together and get amazing shit is how you roll. You're free-thinking, open-minded, inspirational, and revolutionary. You have great taste in art and music and other media, I'm sure - and you fight for that freedom for everyone. You like to view yourself as more extroverted than you already are...you're halfway there, the Peter Parker to an eventual Spiderman. You can accomplish anything if you believe in yourself :3

At 7/16/24 06:10 PM, ironmmlp wrote:
At 7/15/24 09:12 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/15/24 06:53 PM, ironmmlp wrote:Electronic

Forgive me for asking, but can you be more specific? Do you like electronic in general, or a specific kind?

Electronic in general but not too heavy/hardcore

Anything that has a good, steady beat is your jam. You don't like things too slow - or too fast. Moderate is your tempo, and you're more than happy to stay in that bubble. You know your limits and often head out before the going gets good, or bad. Not that I blame you - in a scary world like this, sometimes its best to bow out. The only time that rule will ever be broken is when fight comes to fight, when something you love is on the attack. At least that's what I'm guessing, anyway.

At 7/16/24 08:15 PM, blackwind677 wrote:Black and Old school death metal. Not just any kind of death metal. The dirty kind where any compliment has "murky" and "cavernous" in every sentence

For some reason, every person I see here that's into death metal or the like is a super down to earth person, so I'm guessing that's what you're like. Just because you listen to hard as hell music doesn't mean you're sweet as heaven. You are easy-going with people and are someone great to talk to. I imagine you talk with different people as you're walking down the street. You often like relaxing at cafes and bars, and probably have a soft spot for dogs or cats. You probably have a musical or niche talent, too!

At 7/16/24 08:28 PM, RainbowStudio wrote:Light electronic dance and dubstep

You love anything that sounds even remotely close to radio pop. You're always the person to find that one track in an AMVs or animated reels involving pop culture characters and sharing the names with people. That, or you're the one person asking. You're generally pretty cheerful and talkative, and love to read and write! Maybe you like some kind of art related activity. Idk lol

At 7/16/24 08:41 PM, blind3dna wrote:pop punk and emo

You like to view yourself as more unique than you are. No offense, I hope. But don't fret! There's always some kind of silver lining to being ordinary. Trust me, being ordinary in a world full of extraordinary people is extraordinary itself. You probably have a huge interest in games, anime, and music, and often get into detailed rants about said topics often. Maybe you smoke a bit of the Mary Jane once in a while like a wise sage or a wizard in his library. That being said, you're probably pretty smart. You probably have a lot of knowledge on a lot of things you're interested in, and being a bookworm myself, I can respect that!

At 7/16/24 11:00 PM, Mynippleshurt wrote:i REALLY REALLY like kmfdm :3

You must be a Pico fan! ...Just kidding. (Unless you've already been here, I imagine you're not an old NG person...) Anywho. You love rock and metal and electronic all together. You have strong preferences for artists (which I see above), and you're passionate about your favorite music. You probably talk people's ears off about it, to both fans and non-fans, anybody and everybody. You probably are in multiple fandoms. Those of which I can't really tell. Idk if I even got this right lmao

At 7/16/24 11:28 PM, Mynippleshurt wrote:
At 7/16/24 11:04 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:

You must be a Pico fan! ...Just kidding. (Unless you've already been here, I imagine you're not an old NG person...) Anywho. You love rock and metal and electronic all together. You have strong preferences for artists (which I see above), and you're passionate about your favorite music. You probably talk people's ears off about it, to both fans and non-fans, anybody and everybody. You probably are in multiple fandoms. Those of which I can't really tell. Idk if I even got this right lmao

I should've done this on my main (@Olexxie) I'm very much a big pico fan lmao

howdy!

Until Death Do Us Part

BBS Signature

At 7/16/24 10:09 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 02:57 PM, Zip-Zap-Official wrote:Japanese shoegaze, city pop, and synthwave :)

You're a JP person, or are someone from the West who loves Japanese centered electronic music. (...I had to look up shoegaze so bear with me lmao..) You find yourself nostalgic for a time that never existed, or is yet to exist in our digital realm; something reminiscent of a Windows 95 computer. You probably grew up in the 80s or 90s, or at the very least, find that aesthetic to be very ambient and calm inducing. You probably are quiet as a person and would rather much be around animals and your favorite games. Maybe you have some cool niche hobby or something, idk.

Wow. This is exactly who I am.

I'm not Japanese, but the culture does influence my art. I was only born in 2001 but I feel like I lived a very '90s childhood (poor Internet, watched nearly everything on VHS, actually hung out with friends outside lol). I'm pretty nostalgic for '90s and '00s material, so that also adds up. Thanks for replying :)

At 7/16/24 10:06 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 02:51 PM, C0LAF3TI5H wrote:Metal Gear Solid osts

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
You have a based taste in video game soundtracks. You always like to imagine yourself as a top secret super agent or a hardened military person on some confidential mission. Or maybe you're a big gaming nerd whose franchise is so close to them they have every bit of merchandise and paraphernalia related to it - yours seeming to be Metal Gear Solid. On another note, did you enjoy the memes straight out of Rising: Revengeance? That's all I really know about the franchise and that game was written excellently in my POV. Anyway. Keep on being cool, "Snake Eater!"

-bawls disgustingly knowing full well that i don't deserve any of this, having not played a single MGS game yet-

iu_1237723_14267212.jpg

!!^!!COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA COCA-COLA!!^!!

BBS Signature

At 7/16/24 10:53 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 08:15 PM, blackwind677 wrote:Black and Old school death metal. Not just any kind of death metal. The dirty kind where any compliment has "murky" and "cavernous" in every sentence

For some reason, every person I see here that's into death metal or the like is a super down to earth person, so I'm guessing that's what you're like. Just because you listen to hard as hell music doesn't mean you're sweet as heaven. You are easy-going with people and are someone great to talk to. I imagine you talk with different people as you're walking down the street. You often like relaxing at cafes and bars, and probably have a soft spot for dogs or cats. You probably have a musical or niche talent, too!

hmmmm 3/5. I'm not always the most sociable but I try to be a good listener when can be. Can't say I'm musically talented beyond whacking sticks and my fingers are still trying to adjust to a fret board lol but thanks for trying

BBS Signature

Japanese Jazz Fusion and Progressive Funk

Home, its where I want to be

But I guess I'm already there

BBS Signature

At 7/16/24 11:56 AM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 05:56 AM, RosieUV wrote:Rock and 2000s electronic music.

You may be around my age, but you're a boomer to your core. Not the bad kind of boomer, of course! You like the good old days of rock, but you also look back to when music was truly revolutionary. All those raves felt so new back then and they seem more distant than ever now. This could be a stupidly wild guess but you could be some sort of techie or work a trade job. Getting your hands dirty is all part of the job, and you take pleasure in your hard work. Good for you!

I'm a 16 year old who makes video games as a hobby. I just don't like modern pop.

BBS Signature

punk rock

nu metal

BBS Signature

Techno edm

Occasionally pop punk and j pop

Or just whatever tf I find catchy

At 7/16/24 12:02 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 06:12 AM, eatmeatleet wrote:it used to be drum and bass, dubstep, electronic

but now anything lofi these days:

lofi hip-hop
lofi instrumental
glitch-hop
lofi-house
sovietwave
anything lofi except synthwave

I've heard most of the spotify lofi songs at this point

In your youth, you found excitement in the more rapid paced parts of life, but now that you are older, you find it's been moving a little bit too fast. I can understand - everyone pines back to a more nostalgic time when the world seemed a lot of a nicer place to live. You're very very chill, and don't talk a lot unless its with friends or people you trust. Very rarely do you go out and talk to people, even online. You probably are anxious, maybe you smoke weed, and you probably have some super niche hobbies. Chin up, pal - things can only get better from here. I believe in you :3

somewhat close.. I don't smoke any more, and actually I don't listen that much either. Things are good, I just like the esthetics of it

BBS Signature

Pretty accurate besides the art thing and writing

Rock, Pop, Classical, etc. I have a really strange taste in these if they are from the 70s until 2010

At 7/16/24 10:19 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:From what I can sense, you seem to focus on not just music that sounds good - you also appreciate and find importance in songs who have a point. Not a musical edge, no; but a lyrical one. Something that isn't just about the usual love, drugs and sex is your jam. You probably listen to Green Day and similar artists like Linkin Park. Maybe you like a little Rage Against the Machine. Anything with any sort of message to spread is absolutely going in your playlist. For some reason, I think that you'd like the Cranberries' song "Zombies" which talked about the domestic terror attacks on the Irish back in the 90s - it's a great song with a good anti-war message. Oh, but who am I kidding? I might just be making shit up - I rarely get these right, anyway.

You definitely got the Green Day part right. They're my favorite band. I like Linkin Park, but they're actually my brother's favorite band. I don't know any songs by Rage Against the Machine. I think Zombies is a great song, no doubt. Overplayed though.

Good luck to your future newsletter issues!! I'll keep reading for as long as I'm on this website, which is definitely forever. Fucking love Newgrounds, man.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

At 7/16/24 11:30 PM, Olexxie wrote:

howdy!

Yello!! Pico fans rise up!! (...Its me. I'm them)

At 7/17/24 12:52 AM, Zip-Zap-Official wrote:
At 7/16/24 10:09 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 02:57 PM, Zip-Zap-Official wrote:Japanese shoegaze, city pop, and synthwave :)

You're a JP person, or are someone from the West who loves Japanese centered electronic music. (...I had to look up shoegaze so bear with me lmao..) You find yourself nostalgic for a time that never existed, or is yet to exist in our digital realm; something reminiscent of a Windows 95 computer. You probably grew up in the 80s or 90s, or at the very least, find that aesthetic to be very ambient and calm inducing. You probably are quiet as a person and would rather much be around animals and your favorite games. Maybe you have some cool niche hobby or something, idk.

Wow. This is exactly who I am.
I'm not Japanese, but the culture does influence my art. I was only born in 2001 but I feel like I lived a very '90s childhood (poor Internet, watched nearly everything on VHS, actually hung out with friends outside lol). I'm pretty nostalgic for '90s and '00s material, so that also adds up. Thanks for replying :)

You're welcome! Glad to get it right. Again, I mainly aim for jokes lol

At 7/17/24 01:42 AM, C0LAF3TI5H wrote:
At 7/16/24 10:06 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 02:51 PM, C0LAF3TI5H wrote:Metal Gear Solid osts

"Kept you waiting, huh?"
You have a based taste in video game soundtracks. You always like to imagine yourself as a top secret super agent or a hardened military person on some confidential mission. Or maybe you're a big gaming nerd whose franchise is so close to them they have every bit of merchandise and paraphernalia related to it - yours seeming to be Metal Gear Solid. On another note, did you enjoy the memes straight out of Rising: Revengeance? That's all I really know about the franchise and that game was written excellently in my POV. Anyway. Keep on being cool, "Snake Eater!"

-bawls disgustingly knowing full well that i don't deserve any of this, having not played a single MGS game yet-

Aren't they on steam??? I'm pretty sure the trilogy released on Switch and a part 2 coming soon. That's all I really know

At 7/17/24 02:21 AM, blackwind677 wrote:
At 7/16/24 10:53 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:

hmmmm 3/5. I'm not always the most sociable but I try to be a good listener when can be. Can't say I'm musically talented beyond whacking sticks and my fingers are still trying to adjust to a fret board lol but thanks for trying

Ah, that's all good! I'm not always accurate, what can I say lmao

At 7/17/24 03:33 AM, RosieUV wrote:
At 7/16/24 11:56 AM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 05:56 AM, RosieUV wrote:Rock and 2000s electronic music.

You may be around my age, but you're a boomer to your core. Not the bad kind of boomer, of course! You like the good old days of rock, but you also look back to when music was truly revolutionary. All those raves felt so new back then and they seem more distant than ever now. This could be a stupidly wild guess but you could be some sort of techie or work a trade job. Getting your hands dirty is all part of the job, and you take pleasure in your hard work. Good for you!
I'm a 16 year old who makes video games as a hobby. I just don't like modern pop.

Whoops! I missed the mark lmao

At 7/17/24 05:32 AM, eatmeatleet wrote:
At 7/16/24 12:02 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 06:12 AM, eatmeatleet wrote:it used to be drum and bass, dubstep, electronic

but now anything lofi these days:

lofi hip-hop
lofi instrumental
glitch-hop
lofi-house
sovietwave
anything lofi except synthwave

I've heard most of the spotify lofi songs at this point

In your youth, you found excitement in the more rapid paced parts of life, but now that you are older, you find it's been moving a little bit too fast. I can understand - everyone pines back to a more nostalgic time when the world seemed a lot of a nicer place to live. You're very very chill, and don't talk a lot unless its with friends or people you trust. Very rarely do you go out and talk to people, even online. You probably are anxious, maybe you smoke weed, and you probably have some super niche hobbies. Chin up, pal - things can only get better from here. I believe in you :3

somewhat close.. I don't smoke any more, and actually I don't listen that much either. Things are good, I just like the esthetics of it

I get it. I missed this one completely lmao

At 7/17/24 07:57 AM, RainbowStudio wrote:Pretty accurate besides the art thing and writing

Cool!

At 7/17/24 12:08 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/16/24 11:30 PM, Olexxie wrote:

howdy!

Yello!! Pico fans rise up!! (...Its me. I'm them)

IVE RISEN. BUT ONLY FOR CASSANDRA

Until Death Do Us Part

BBS Signature