00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Triforce33 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

OG NG game searching by date

133 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

OG NG game searching by date 2024-07-18 12:43:32

short story: custom date search in game section cuts off at 2005.

long story (thank you for your time):

I posted before about searching by date but I think the situation may have changed since then. Shortly (a little less than a year) before the page tabs got changed to infinite scroll I started at the very beginning of the games section to favorite everything I could, and then later I learned the way to do it was to use the custom date search. ANYWAY, the earliest game I left off at was uploaded Dec 2002, does anyone know how to access a custom date range before 2005? Games before the custom date search are still there just can't load them without title of the game, yada yada yada.

If it's not possible/there are more legitimate site criteria being worked on (lol), I'm turning this into a request for an OG NG section for . . . what would would it be . . . Golden Age NG content.

We is all making newgrounds history all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to OG NG game searching by date 2024-07-18 16:47:11

At 7/18/24 12:43 PM, peckersmirched wrote:short story: custom date search in game section cuts off at 2005.

I posted before about searching by date but I think the situation may have changed since then. Shortly (a little less than a year) before the page tabs got changed to infinite scroll I started at the very beginning of the games section to favorite everything I could, and then later I learned the way to do it was to use the custom date search. ANYWAY, the earliest game I left off at was uploaded Dec 2002, does anyone know how to access a custom date range before 2005? Games before the custom date search are still there just can't load them without title of the game, yada yada yada.

If it's not possible/there are more legitimate site criteria being worked on (lol), I'm turning this into a request for an OG NG section for . . . what would would it be . . . Golden Age NG content.

This happens if you start browsing while under the "Featured" tab, because the front page archive wasn't tracking items during those early years.

If you go to something like Latest or Popular before filtering, you'll get what you're looking for. Here's games from April 2000, sorted by score:

https://www.newgrounds.com/games/browse?sort=score&genre=0&after=2000-04-01&before=2000-05-01

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to OG NG game searching by date 2024-07-19 18:42:31

At 7/18/24 04:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/18/24 12:43 PM, peckersmirched wrote:short story: custom date search in game section cuts off at 2005.

This happens if you start browsing while under the "Featured" tab, because the front page archive wasn't tracking items during those early years.

If you go to something like Latest or Popular before filtering, you'll get what you're looking for. Here's games from April 2000, sorted by score:

https://www.newgrounds.com/games/browse?sort=score&genre=0&after=2000-04-01&before=2000-05-01

ermagerrrrrrrrd!!! lmao dammit, thank you. I gave that a split second thought but dismissed it.

We is all making newgrounds history all the time.

BBS Signature