00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Josebaby02 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the pokemon variance collab!

5,635 Views | 139 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-21 13:20:25

At 8/21/24 01:09 PM, MisterLitho wrote:Well, I got 3 regional forms of my own that being of the Shinx family they are all based on gods of death such as Hades they are Electric/Ghost Types you can look at them more here I have their stats movepool and abilities.
Shinx: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Shinx_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Luxio: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Luxio_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Luxray: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Luxray_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

I can't wait to see them! (I love the Shinx line)

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-21 13:52:43

At 8/21/24 01:20 PM, GoldShinx wrote:
At 8/21/24 01:09 PM, MisterLitho wrote:Well, I got 3 regional forms of my own that being of the Shinx family they are all based on gods of death such as Hades they are Electric/Ghost Types you can look at them more here I have their stats movepool and abilities.
Shinx: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Shinx_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Luxio: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Luxio_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Luxray: https://santorinilonghornazure.miraheze.org/wiki/Luxray_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

I can't wait to see them! (I love the Shinx line)

Yeah they have no art which is the sad part.

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-21 15:39:23

!!! might attend!

the idea: paradox flygon - psychic/dragon type

and (maybe) hisuian sableye - steel/ghost type.

happy to know the deadline is rather far from now, enough time to think about the designs!

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-22 11:48:31

At 8/21/24 03:39 PM, rerfov-the-cringr wrote:!!! might attend!
happy to know the deadline is rather far from now, enough time to think about the designs!

would you like me to mark them down as claimed? if so, would it be a past or future paradox for flygon?

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-22 11:48:44

At 8/21/24 01:04 AM, SparkeyBro wrote:Hello hello

I'll join the collab! I'll claim the twins Plusle and Minun and make their Unovan Variants (Fire & Ice theme)

All yours

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-23 04:13:43

At 8/22/24 11:48 AM, whimsical-wife wrote:
At 8/21/24 03:39 PM, rerfov-the-cringr wrote:!!! might attend!
would you like me to mark them down as claimed? if so, would it be a past or future paradox for flygon?

you can mark them down, yes. for flygon - past paradox.

At 7/22/24 01:33 PM, whimsical-wife wrote:hello newgrounds. back at it again with another funny animal collab

for this collab, you will be designing new forms for your favorite pokemon! you can design a regional form, origin form, mega form or pretty much any type of form that's appeared in the series! along with designing a new form, you also get to write a brief pokedex entry for it, a subcategory (i.e pikachu being labelled as the "mouse pokemon"), what region its from and its typing.
the final product should be an art gallery game thats stylized like a pokedex, with different backgrounds and borders for each pokemon's type. here's two concepts on how the final product might look

this ones a link cause i dont have supporter
rules:
1. you may draw a minimum of one pokemon and a maximum of 3 pokemon. whether you draw 3 unique pokemon or choose to create an entire evolution line is up to you.
2. the collab will be t rated, but only for darker themes in your pokemon's dex entry. no sexual themes or visual gore on your designs.
3. only use regions that are referenced in actual pokemon media. regions from the main games are fine, as well as regions from spin off titles. just dont make up a region.
4. you're allowed to use a pokemon another person has used, but only if you select a different region or gimmick to base it off of. (i.e, if someone made a unovan Charizard, it would still be okay for you to use Charizard just as long as it isn't based off of unova.)
5. please try to keep dex entries brief! i'd say 180 characters is about the limit, but its very much preferred you dont push it for space reasons.
6. submit your image with a transparent background! if you cant do that yourself, let me know and ill try to make it transparent for you.
7. maximum canvas size for entries is 1000 x 1000! going smaller is okay. you entry may be submitted before the collab goes up! the collab tag is pokemon-variance-collab
8. deadline is October 15th, 2024! hope that gives everyone enough time. the deadline may be extended if needed.
9. both un-scouted and scouted artists are welcome, but you may have your entry turned down or asked to be revised if it seems you made something rushed and low quality just to get into the collab.

we have a server for submissions, questions and general discussion of the collab! join it here: https://discord.gg/UrbuJTV9xz . its preferred you join the server, but not required. you may submit your entry in this thread, but use this format

My art isn't very good, but I'd like to take a shot at this. If nobody's claimed Dratini or Dragonair yet, I might make something. Or something easy to work with, whatever's still free.

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-08-29 23:37:31

At 8/29/24 11:16 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/22/24 01:33 PM, whimsical-wife wrote:hello newgrounds. back at it again with another funny animal collab

for this collab, you will be designing new forms for your favorite pokemon! you can design a regional form, origin form, mega form or pretty much any type of form that's appeared in the series! along with designing a new form, you also get to write a brief pokedex entry for it, a subcategory (i.e pikachu being labelled as the "mouse pokemon"), what region its from and its typing.
the final product should be an art gallery game thats stylized like a pokedex, with different backgrounds and borders for each pokemon's type. here's two concepts on how the final product might look

rules:
1. you may draw a minimum of one pokemon and a maximum of 3 pokemon. whether you draw 3 unique pokemon or choose to create an entire evolution line is up to you.
2. the collab will be t rated, but only for darker themes in your pokemon's dex entry. no sexual themes or visual gore on your designs.
3. only use regions that are referenced in actual pokemon media. regions from the main games are fine, as well as regions from spin off titles. just dont make up a region.
4. you're allowed to use a pokemon another person has used, but only if you select a different region or gimmick to base it off of. (i.e, if someone made a unovan Charizard, it would still be okay for you to use Charizard just as long as it isn't based off of unova.)
5. please try to keep dex entries brief! i'd say 180 characters is about the limit, but its very much preferred you dont push it for space reasons.
6. submit your image with a transparent background! if you cant do that yourself, let me know and ill try to make it transparent for you.
7. maximum canvas size for entries is 1000 x 1000! going smaller is okay. you entry may be submitted before the collab goes up! the collab tag is pokemon-variance-collab
8. deadline is October 15th, 2024! hope that gives everyone enough time. the deadline may be extended if needed.
9. both un-scouted and scouted artists are welcome, but you may have your entry turned down or asked to be revised if it seems you made something rushed and low quality just to get into the collab.

we have a server for submissions, questions and general discussion of the collab! join it here: https://discord.gg/UrbuJTV9xz . its preferred you join the server, but not required. you may submit your entry in this thread, but use this format

My art isn't very good, but I'd like to take a shot at this. If nobody's claimed Dratini or Dragonair yet, I might make something. Or something easy to work with, whatever's still free.

No one's claimed any forms for either of those pokemon, so you're free to choose whichever form you'd like for them

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-02 00:17:17

Name: Skitten [Paldean form of Skitty]

Descriptor: Stray Kitten Pokemon

Pokemon Type: Dark/Normal

Dex: Skittens are known to follow trainers, constantly meowing for something to eat and won't leave until fed. Sometimes, there will be a group of Skittens begging for food.

iu_1262889_9140819.webp

(didnt know what to right for dex entry ermmmmm so it was based off my cat)))

dumpy................................

car

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-02 02:22:21

At 9/2/24 12:17 AM, reptilesgeo wrote:Name: Skitten [Paldean form of Skitty]
Descriptor: Stray Kitten Pokemon
Pokemon Type: Dark/Normal
Dex: Skittens are known to follow trainers, constantly meowing for something to eat and won't leave until fed. Sometimes, there will be a group of Skittens begging for food.

(didnt know what to right for dex entry ermmmmm so it was based off my cat)))
dumpy................................

Awwwwwwwwww, it's so adorable! My heart melts

Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen- Heinrich Heine

La religione promette, la scienza mantiene- OsaSapere

Origin of the signature

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-07 21:55:36

rules:

iu_1266013_11716286.png

This good? Or do you want a transparent image?

I like making music because making music is something I like

BBS Signature

Ok it seems everyone is using transparent! So here’s a transparent version of my submission!

Dex:

Name: Sinnohian Melmetal

Title: Hex Nut Pokémon

Type: Ice/Steel

Description: It is said this Pokémon moved to the mountains after a shortage of metal in the plains. Due to this, it’s steel body evolved into aluminum and Cupronickel, making it more resilient to the the cold. They are much more patient then it’s Steel only cousins, to the point some even say this Pokemon holds wisdom to that of modern day philosophers.

iu_1266069_11716286.png

I like making music because making music is something I like

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-09 00:47:39

Name: Vestacate [Kantonian Mimikyu]

Descriptor: Disguise Pokémon

Type: Ghost/Normal

Dex Entry: It mimics Raticate to blend in with packs. If discovered, it quickly escapes to avoid revealing its mysterious true form.iu_1266511_9134956.webp

ʇɥɓıuoʇ ɹoℲ ɐǝ⊥ puɐ sǝqnƆ ɹɐɓnS pǝǝu ǝM 'ɹǝqɯǝɯǝɹ ǝuoʎɹǝʌƎ

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-09 16:35:09

rules:

can i use some art i made on newgrounds a while ago?

check out my art (its silly)

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-09 16:51:45

At 9/9/24 04:35 PM, riot100233 wrote:

rules:

yes. Submitting a pokemon form you already made before the collab is fine as long as it complies with the collab rules (within the file size, transparent background and the form isn't already claimed/made by someone else, and has all the dex info filled out. and of course is a form you made)

I figure it's no big deal and just opens up to more content for the final product

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-09 16:57:10

At 9/9/24 04:51 PM, whimsical-wife wrote:
At 9/9/24 04:35 PM, riot100233 wrote:

rules:

yes. Submitting a pokemon form you already made before the collab is fine as long as it complies with the collab rules (within the file size, transparent background and the form isn't already claimed/made by someone else, and has all the dex info filled out. and of course is a form you made)
I figure it's no big deal and just opens up to more content for the final product

kk

check out my art (its silly)

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-12 20:21:10

I finished Paldean Lopunny!

iu_1268399_13471582.webp

Name: Paldean Lopunny

Descriptor: Arctic Hare Pokémon

Type: Ice

Dex Entry: Due to the cold temperatures on Glaseado Mountain, Lopunny’s fur has adapted to survive even the harshest of winters. They use their hand fur as a muff to keep their hands warm.

Can I claim Grass/Psychic Hisuian Flabebe next?

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-12 20:26:25

At 9/12/24 08:21 PM, NerdyOatmeal wrote:I finished Paldean Lopunny!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nerdyoatmeal/ice-type-lopunny-pokemon-variance-collab

Name: Paldean Lopunny
Descriptor: Arctic Hare Pokémon
Type: Ice
Dex Entry: Due to the cold temperatures on Glaseado Mountain, Lopunny’s fur has adapted to survive even the harshest of winters. They use their hand fur as a muff to keep their hands warm.

Can I claim Grass/Psychic Hisuian Flabebe next?

looks great and yes, you can!

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-12 20:48:12

couple of updates for you guys!

we have everything we need for the game in order! now it's just a matter of putting it together and also waiting for other entries to roll in.

I'm also going to be putting together a playlist for all the entries posted to the art portal! if you're interested in getting in, please post and tag properly or I won't be able to find your art. i intend on linking the playlist in the collab description to hopefully drive some more traffic to the collaborators profiles and also let viewers find the posted entries easily.

I'm very excited to see how the final product turns out! we have such great entries and I'm sure it's gonna be a banger

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-13 06:10:12

At 9/12/24 08:48 PM, whimsical-wife wrote:couple of updates for you guys!

we have everything we need for the game in order! now it's just a matter of putting it together and also waiting for other entries to roll in.

I'm also going to be putting together a playlist for all the entries posted to the art portal! if you're interested in getting in, please post and tag properly or I won't be able to find your art. i intend on linking the playlist in the collab description to hopefully drive some more traffic to the collaborators profiles and also let viewers find the posted entries easily.

I'm very excited to see how the final product turns out! we have such great entries and I'm sure it's gonna be a banger

Thank you very much for this heads-up! I added the tag to my work and again thanks for this collab. I will participate to other collabs made by you if real life doesn't flip the bird at me^^

Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen- Heinrich Heine

La religione promette, la scienza mantiene- OsaSapere

Origin of the signature

BBS Signature

Gigamax Aegislash, the Royal Sword Pokémon

Steel/Ghost Type

iu_1269232_21687215.pngWhen Aegislash undergoes Gigantamaxing, it transforms into a towering, majestic figure that embodies both its Shield and Blade Formes in a grand display of power and elegance. Its shield expands to an enormous size, adorned with intricate, glowing runes that pulse with a mysterious energy.

Capytal R

(jansaj)

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-19 00:02:08

iu_1271595_10872411.webp

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-19 00:31:16

At 9/19/24 12:02 AM, MOHD5aqer wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mohd5aqer/meditator-with-aura

someone should make it SIX

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-19 00:55:40

At 9/19/24 12:31 AM, whimsical-wife wrote:
At 9/19/24 12:02 AM, MOHD5aqer wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mohd5aqer/meditator-with-aura
someone should make it SIX

Hear me out: The Pokémon Collabs collab, a collab where you have to make a pokémon themed collab

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-20 15:04:28

Can I do Galarian Clefable?

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-21 14:08:35

At 9/20/24 03:04 PM, BoiledMilkz wrote:Can I do Galarian Clefable?

yes!

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

rules:

Alright! Welcome in newgrounds Hoshion! (Hoshi in jap. Language: Star)

iu_1274484_8299801.png

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-24 20:49:55

At 9/24/24 10:38 AM, starfoxy334 wrote:

rules:

it's very cute, but you still need to write your dex informaton. if you don't have any ideas we could come up with the rest for you, if you'd want!

5 million bazoinkaroos

BBS Signature

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-24 23:45:33

At 9/24/24 08:49 PM, whimsical-wife wrote:

rules:

it's very cute, but you still need to write your dex informaton. if you don't have any ideas we could come up with the rest for you, if you'd want!

I can write by myself :0

Response to the pokemon variance collab! 2024-09-24 23:52:23

rules:

A NEW POKEMON! HINSHI!! (No, he is not dying)

iu_1274696_8299801.png