00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Souhei33 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anybody unable to watch movies?

256 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

On Firefox.

Debugger says:

www.newgrounds.com > portal/view > 940807
Error: Incorrect contents fetched, please reload.

Not sure what that means, tbh.

The console says:

All candidate resources failed to load. Media load paused. 940807

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404 Resource URL: https://js.ngfiles.com/hammerjs/hammer.min.js?ngcache=1707337428 Source Map URL: hammer.min.js.map

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-25 08:59:17

At 7/24/24 11:23 PM, fakesthobbes wrote:On Firefox.

Debugger says:

Not sure what that means, tbh.

The console says:

Are you using NordVPN? If so, try turning off Web Protection and let me know if that fixes it.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 7/25/24 08:59 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Are you using NordVPN? If so, try turning off Web Protection and let me know if that fixes it.

Nope.

There were some settings for DNS resolution, WebRTC Peer connection, oblivious http, etc in my browser, but none of them seemed to have any effects individually. My ports are all default and I'm not currently using a DNS. My browser is basically firefox for all intents and purposes, but more specifically I'm using Waterfox G6.0.17 (64-bit).

When I made this post I was expecting maybe some other users were seeing something similar but I thank you for taking the time to ask about the issue I was having.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 00:11:01

Hang on, I found something...

Between regular and inprivate browsing there is a difference, meaning there has to be some kind of setting that causes this. I'll compare and when I pin it down I'll reply here for other users in the future.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 00:15:03

At 7/26/24 12:11 AM, fakesthobbes wrote:

Between regular and inprivate browsing there is a difference, meaning there has to be some kind of setting that causes this. I'll compare and when I pin it down I'll reply here for other users in the future.

All the settings were the same, can't figure out the difference. I'll submit a ticket to waterfox I guess, lol.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 00:22:53

At 7/26/24 12:15 AM, fakesthobbes wrote:
At 7/26/24 12:11 AM, fakesthobbes wrote:

All the settings were the same, can't figure out the difference. I'll submit a ticket to waterfox I guess, lol.

I just tested it as well, looks like even Troubleshoot Mode which disables all add-ons temporarily doesn't solve it.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 00:28:23

At 7/25/24 08:59 AM, TomFulp wrote:Are you using NordVPN? If so, try turning off Web Protection and let me know if that fixes it.

To clarify my other comment, not using NordVPN and VPN or not has no effect at all, those settings I mentioned were browser settings. Sorry.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 07:46:35

At 7/26/24 12:28 AM, fakesthobbes wrote:
At 7/25/24 08:59 AM, TomFulp wrote:Are you using NordVPN? If so, try turning off Web Protection and let me know if that fixes it.

To clarify my other comment, not using NordVPN and VPN or not has no effect at all, those settings I mentioned were browser settings. Sorry.

Glad it worked out regardless! Was it a specific ad blocker extension?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-07-26 12:44:58

At 7/26/24 07:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:

It was never resolved and we ruled out all addons or extensions. The problem is specific to inprivate browsing and that was all we could figure out.

Response to Anybody unable to watch movies? 2024-08-11 00:09:41

At 7/26/24 12:44 PM, fakesthobbes wrote:
At 7/26/24 07:46 AM, TomFulp wrote:

It was never resolved and we ruled out all addons or extensions. The problem is specific to inprivate browsing and that was all we could figure out.

Looks like it has magically fixed itself, happy to be back!