00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Triforce33 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My account is permanently on hold, what do I do?

161 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So about 7 months ago I tried to upload a copyrighted song to NewGrounds because I wanted to use it in a GD level but it got blocked and displayed the following message: "There's a hold on your account due to potential copyright infringement, use of stock loops, or other possible infraction against the Audio Guidelines. Your audio has been matched to "(the song I was trying to upload)", by (the guy who made the song), either as a direct copy or by containing similar audio stems. Check your private messages for details of the appeal process." I checked my private messages, but I didn't own the audio so I didn't do anything. At some point the message got deleted (I still don't know how), does this mean that my account is permanently banned? Is there a way fix it?

Response to My account is permanently on hold, what do I do? 2024-07-26 06:47:10

At 7/26/24 06:33 AM, ChristosHere wrote:does this mean that my account is permanently banned? Is there a way fix it?

Nothing happened because you didn't appeal. As you said, you didn't own the audio so there was nothing to appeal. Yes, the ban is permanent. Newgrounds is for original music by the creators who upload it.

Audio / Forum / Games & Movies Moderator. Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to My account is permanently on hold, what do I do? 2024-07-26 06:49:49

Thank you very much, I guess I'll make a new account and be more careful with what I upload.

At 7/26/24 06:49 AM, ChristosHere wrote:Thank you very much, I guess I'll make a new account and be more careful with what I upload.

Making a new account to get around the ban is ban evasion and might lead to both being deleted/getting an IP ban. Might make playing GD hard.

Don't take the risk there. IF you happen to make good quality music of your own message one of the audio mods about it and we might consider a probationary ban lift. (but also note that music uploaded isn't immediately in GD, thats a separate process by that game)

Audio / Forum / Games & Movies Moderator. Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to My account is permanently on hold, what do I do? 2024-07-26 07:06:49

Okay, in that scenario I will send a message to the mods, for now I wont do anything.