00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Itspanzinobro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading)

4,193 Views | 83 Replies

Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 13:50:03

Alright, what i'm going to tell you about sounds a little crazy and out there at first but if this is all a lie then let the mods delete my account, all my flash and everything. I'm serious.

What if you were able to climb up walls, do matrix moves, fly... hell, whatever you want(even sex you pervs). Do all of this in a real seeming setting with no consequences later and without taking any time out of your day? This is lucid dreaming. (romanticized a bit of course =P)

What the hell is lucid dreaming?

Strictly put a lucid dream is a dream where you are aware you are dreaming. Its that simple yet inherently complex.

In a very vivid lucid dream everything looks real, feels real and you can have total control over your surroundings. Ever had one of those dreams where you thought you were there and were freaked out of your mind? Lets say you've had a dream where some monster is chasing you. Vivid detail. In a lucid dream you can pull out a huge sword and face off against the monster instead of running =D. THATS a lucid dream =D.

How do I learn more about this and how to start?

Well, if you still think i'm some crazy person trying to scam you in some way or something you could always try google I guess. But reccomended is Dream Views. Its a non-profit site dedicated to spreading knoledge about Lucid Dreaming and helping people to begin. (its not easy at first >.<). You can read the tutorials, post on the forum and get advice from the regulars.

Last thing, if you have a problem, dont start flaming. hit the back button with much fury instead. This is simply put, an activity that uses up your night that is equivilent to a 8-hour long intense movie that you can control with you as the star =D.

Also, if you're reading this and saying "hey I think I do this natually" then post here or at Dream views and we can disscus =D

At first there was nothing, then it exploded. - Big bang

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 13:52:48

At 10/4/06 01:50 PM, arby wrote: In a lucid dream you can pull out a huge sword and face off against the monster instead of running =D. THATS a lucid dream =D.

Actually, it'd be more like feeling the pain AS IF IT WERE REAL of being eaten alive. D:

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 13:53:13

I sometimes notice I'm in a dream, then I go and levitate n' stuff.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 13:58:10

Lucid dreams...

I used to get them naturally without effort when i was young... but as i've grown older i've grown more corrupted.

Things that act against your own morality in Lucid Dreams usually cause them to fade.

Yes... i'm talking about you people who try to fuck everything in sight in your dreams.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:01:53

Nice, better responses then I expected =P

Oh, and in a vivid dream you CAN feel pain 0.o

Its not as bad as it would be normally but it still is sorta cool.

You can die too. That feels really funky.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:06:03

I sure wouldnt want to pee in that dream<intelligent users will figure out why

What would you do?

"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity." - Albert Einstein

Yes, Newgrounds, that quote is dedicated 4 you.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:07:14

At 10/4/06 02:06 PM, FullyLoaded wrote: I sure wouldnt want to pee in that dream<intelligent users will figure out why

Exactly...

NEVER!!!

EVER!!!

Pee in a dream, just don't, seriously, the bodies stupid when it comes to that.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:09:35

meh, lucid dreaming isnt really a big thing to me anymore, its just part of my life. I wrote a bit about all that stuff on myspace (click my sig and check the blog) and I have created an animation about it called recordreaming

so check em out :P

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:10:08

yea ive done that plenty of times, its sooooo cool i love it, were i actualy have control over evrything, it rocks! i didnt no there was a name for it or anything like this... but now i know thanks :P

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:12:27

One of my usual dreams: running away from zombies and jumping though a lot of garden fences; just as i was about to be eaten i realised i was dreaming. Then i just jump real high and started flying but thought 'wtf?' and woke up. Only one i've had, i think.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:12:53

At 10/4/06 02:10 PM, finalbreath wrote: yea ive done that plenty of times, its sooooo cool i love it, were i actualy have control over evrything, it rocks! i didnt no there was a name for it or anything like this... but now i know thanks :P

go to the site and you can do things that make it more enjoyable =P

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:16:48

wow that websites pretty cool... and kinda helpful. thanks dude u rock! XD

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 14:56:11

I'm interested in hearing your guys most interesting/most vivid dreams. Post them or most of them. I'll be posting mine later when I have more time.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:00:38

I would do it, but 95% of the time, I don't dream at all.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:06:53

If any of you are really serious about lucid dreaming, you should definately read Carlos Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming. I just finished it. It's really messed up.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:07:30

At 10/4/06 03:00 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I would do it, but 95% of the time, I don't dream at all.

then you can learn how to stimulate dreams =D

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:09:18

its not worth reading and i didn't

im a smart bastard.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:09:34

I had found that site at least a year ago, but never really had the motivation to be successful at it. I always had more important things to focus on in my waking life. I just don't know what I'd do if I were lucid dreaming.

I did get a little better at remembering my dreams, but I haven't kept up with the training.

But it sounds really cool, and I'd love to have at least one really lucid dream to see what it is like. When I was little I had them a lot of course. :p

I believe that games will be as significant a new medium as the printed word ever was, and as powerful a force for change.

I am here to make that happen. Making life more fun

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:18:34

After having a small read of it, I must say there is a flaw due to another theory to do with dreams.

Dreams, normally, are uncontrollable. Like, when I was younger, I used to dream falling down a hole endlessly. I didn't choose to dream it, I just did. Some believe that some of these dream contain symbols and signs that can ether predict the future (this dream, acording to some people, predicted that my life in general would grow worse and worse) or can deep down tell you what you feel about certain things, basicly tell you things about yourself.

With lucid dreaming, you have complete control of you dreams. This means that anything that happens in any dreams wouldn't tell you anything about yourself nor will it be able to predict the future if you believe in the previous theory. It really does depend if you believe in dream interpretation.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:19:06

I've always been able to control my dreams... well not all of them, but most of the time i can....

I love dreaming, and i do whatever i want, with whomever i want wherever i want im my dreams... i have a really vivid imagination tho.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 15:23:44

At 10/4/06 03:18 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: After having a small read of it, I must say there is a flaw due to another theory to do with dreams.

heres what I love about Lucid dreaming. You can have your cake and eat it too.

You don't HAVE to take control. I often don't. You can set yourself up then see what happens. You can see how you would react to certain situations. I dont really believe in predicting the future but I know dreams can tell you about yourself and being lucid simply complements that.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 16:12:08

I used to wake up and a second later i felt like i was falling. Also i once realised i was in a dream that included Godzilla and starwars, so i made a giant chicken appear. something else happened but i dont remember it.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 16:14:51

Here's a great resource for lucid dreaming: http://en.wikibooks.../wiki/Lucid_dreaming

I'm personally a little nervous to do it, although I'm not sure why.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 16:25:25

At 10/4/06 04:14 PM, johnfn wrote: Here's a great resource for lucid dreaming: http://en.wikibooks.../wiki/Lucid_dreaming

I'm personally a little nervous to do it, although I'm not sure why.

haha. good ol' wiki.

Nervous? whats there to be afraid of? =) Whats there to loose? Theres so much to gain. maybee its cause wiki is so scientific. Hell reading that thing off the bat would probably make me nervous XD

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:41:24

aight, time for a lil dream recalling.

I was in this old ruin of a old town. I was in one of the narrow corridors. All the buildings around me were sone or brick or mud or something. They were all decaying around me. Rubble was strewn everywhere. I was in this feathered costume wearing a mask. I remember distinctly that the suit felt hot and stuffy. The feathers fuffled when I walked too. It felt quite pleaseing. Anyways, I got to this crossroad. Off to my right was a dark figure with a katana. He smiled at me. He didn't move his mouth at all but you could see it in his eyes.

He rushed at me. I drew a halbred off my back and.. didn't touch the ground for another 5 minutes =D. I jumped off to the side to avoid the charge, jumped off the side of the building next to me. I flew back to his spear leveled. he paried the blow and I flipped over him to the building oppisite where I proptly lept off to renew my attack. It continued on for a while. Sometimes in the narrow corridors of the streets, sometimes on rooftops. once we were bouncing between two tall towers spaced closely togeather. It was awesome.

Anyways, in the end I lunged wrong, he steped on the end of my spear and did a nice uppercut slash all along my chest. he then flippedover me going with the momentum and stuck his sword through my back.

I figured that was a good time to wake myself up =P

Post your good/vivid experiences =)

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:43:31

i had a lucid dream once...i was at school and was with my friend and we both knew it was a dream..

so we destroyed everything :D

it was really fun...I want to have another lucid dream

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:49:38

At 10/4/06 02:07 PM, TurtleLove117 wrote:
At 10/4/06 02:06 PM, FullyLoaded wrote: I sure wouldnt want to pee in that dream<intelligent users will figure out why
Exactly...

NEVER!!!

EVER!!!

Pee in a dream, just don't, seriously, the bodies stupid when it comes to that.

ive pee'd in my dreams many times and when i wake up im grateful there isnt a wet spot. The last time i dreamed i peed and i actually did, i was dreaming i was peeing in a giant toilet, but it was just my bed.

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:52:03

Not to be an asshole just stating my opinion. Dreaming is fake. Like videogames it does NOTHING. And I'd rather do something real. I'd rather take a walk. Lucid Dreaming sounds very cool but I have things to doduring the day. I've tried it before but I was unsuccesful.

just my opinion

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:58:37

I get them every once in a while. BEST DREAMS EVER

too bad I haven't got one in many months, many many months.

My site is down... and it'll stay down until I do something about it... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Lucid Dreaming. (worth reading) 2006-10-04 21:59:29

i hate lucid dreaming because inevitably i think about bad things