00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Flikki just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

112,334 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 06:12:24

At 4/18/05 05:10 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: It not that hard. Just give them suggestions or comments

Heres a free response. Just say you like Green day.

hah thanks dude :)
-----
euhm, the guy i was talking about who's got around 5 movies/games who responds is Laladudu...

just go here and go to all his other stuff
http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/209744
----
half way to my next mini goal of 1,500 responses....
View Your Reviews (4,278)
(With Responses Only (1,451))
:D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 12:29:54

At 4/17/05 10:42 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: I have been reading thru this thread since Bahamut7's sig led me here. Sounds interesting. I would like to join.

Sure, welcome! Glad to hear that my sig has been promoting this club. :)

I need help with reviewing. I usually review stuff I like and stay away from better than great flash. I would like to become more helpful to artists without hurting their feelings.

Well, I always try to be nice to the author. I don't try to be mean and I will give them a few suggestions if I need to give them any.

At 4/18/05 02:08 AM, LordRobbo wrote: Swell. So I read the first bit of the topic and a little more but things seem to be different now talking about responses etc, so what do are we doing at the moment?

It seems to be mainly about responses for me. :S Me trying to get a high average on responses.

At 4/18/05 06:12 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: euhm, the guy i was talking about who's got around 5 movies/games who responds is Laladudu...

just go here and go to all his other stuff

Okay, thanks for that. I'll review that flash later. I just hope I don't forget. :S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 13:12:01

At 4/18/05 12:29 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/17/05 10:42 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: I have been reading thru this thread since Bahamut7's sig led me here. Sounds interesting. I would like to join.
Sure, welcome! Glad to hear that my sig has been promoting this club. :)

I need help with reviewing. I usually review stuff I like and stay away from better than great flash. I would like to become more helpful to artists without hurting their feelings.
Well, I always try to be nice to the author. I don't try to be mean and I will give them a few suggestions if I need to give them any.

Thanks Bahamut7. I will be stopping by and reading up nightly after the shop closes. I will probably be trying to build my reviews up since the hours I am working are prime portal hours and I won't be voting on UJ entries in the portal as much.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 13:54:42

Yesterday I got a respond from this movie (M-a-r-c-u-s too) so review it and you might get a respond as well. Only two more reviews and I have 100, I think I'll reach that goal tomorrow =D=D.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 14:13:21

At 4/18/05 01:12 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: Thanks Bahamut7. I will be stopping by and reading up nightly after the shop closes. I will probably be trying to build my reviews up since the hours I am working are prime portal hours and I won't be voting on UJ entries in the portal as much.

137 is quite a lot of reviews, but I feel you could possibly make more reviews if you can. So this club will hopefully encourage you to review more. It's encouraged me to review more thanks to people letting me know who responds to every review. :D

At 4/18/05 01:54 PM, Auz wrote: Yesterday I got a respond from this movie (M-a-r-c-u-s too) so review it and you might get a respond as well. Only two more reviews and I have 100, I think I'll reach that goal tomorrow =D=D.

Why not now? Making two reviews won't be hard. I just made two reviews before thanks to the link you and M-A-R-C-U-S gave out. :) Now will be the waiting game. I just hope I'll get a response either before 9:00PM GMT or tomorrow. You know what I'm like. :S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 15:12:53

At 4/18/05 02:13 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
Why not now? Making two reviews won't be hard. I just made two reviews before thanks to the link you and M-A-R-C-U-S gave out. :) Now will be the waiting game. I just hope I'll get a response either before 9:00PM GMT or tomorrow. You know what I'm like. :S

I decided to do that and I just made review number 100 for me =D.

Say I was wondering if you all checked out other reviews as well to see if they're helpfull/ crappy/ abusive? I sometimes look for some abusive reviews cause I want to get a gold whistle you see.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 15:21:20

At 4/18/05 03:12 PM, Auz wrote: I decided to do that and I just made review number 100 for me =D.

Ah, good. I usually review a good flash if it's a 100th, 200th, 200th and so on review. My 100th review was Weebl and Bob - Band and my 200th was The Return of Ganondorf. However, after the mass deletion from Wade a while ago, those two flashes no longer have a special number of my review. :(

Say I was wondering if you all checked out other reviews as well to see if they're helpfull/ crappy/ abusive? I sometimes look for some abusive reviews cause I want to get a gold whistle you see.

Heh, Gold whistle will take ages to get. It's probably impossible to get.

>:( @ ramagi

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-18 15:29:09

At 4/18/05 03:21 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/18/05 03:12 PM, Auz wrote: I decided to do that and I just made review number 100 for me =D.
Ah, good. I usually review a good flash if it's a 100th, 200th, 200th and so on review. My 100th review was Weebl and Bob - Band and my 200th was The Return of Ganondorf. However, after the mass deletion from Wade a while ago, those two flashes no longer have a special number of my review. :(

Nah I just reviewed an ordinary one, I don't have that much to say at good flashes and I don't want any 1 or 2 liners. Although I reviewed a very good game today (I thought it was called Kronik vs Final Fantasy, I loved that one), maybe that should have been number 100, well to bad than.

Heh, Gold whistle will take ages to get. It's probably impossible to get.

>:( @ ramagi

Weird, Bronze took me quite a while, but I leveled up to silver in no-time. Say how many people have a deity level whistle here anyway? ramagi is probably not the only one ,right? Anyone has a list?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 01:07:09

At 4/18/05 03:12 PM, Auz wrote:

Weird, Bronze took me quite a while, but I leveled up to silver in no-time. Say how many people have a deity level whistle here anyway? ramagi is probably not the only one ,right? Anyone has a list?

Currently, only ramagi has deity yes. Her and Joe 324 have had it at the same time and were tied in whistle points. Joe is back at gold now.

I got in a couple reviews last nite. No responses tho. :((

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 10:48:45

View Your Reviews (278)
(With Responses Only (108))

One response from the Lumberjack flash and the other from X-Naut. No response from the Mystic Turtle flash yet, though. :( I guess I'm too late for a response.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 10:59:37

At 4/19/05 10:48 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: View Your Reviews (278)
(With Responses Only (108))

One response from the Lumberjack flash and the other from X-Naut. No response from the Mystic Turtle flash yet, though. :( I guess I'm too late for a response.

I received my respond from him two days later I thought. I just received another response from this movie, I reviewed it a couple of days ago and received a respond today, so review and get a respond if your lucky. Say I also had to write my 100th review again, is this because a movie that I reviewed is deleted afterwarts for some reason(I'm sure every movie I reviewed passed judgement)?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 12:55:57

At 4/19/05 10:59 AM, Auz wrote:

Say I also had to write my 100th review again, is this because a movie that I reviewed is deleted afterwarts for some reason(I'm sure every movie I reviewed passed judgement)?

Sometimes movies are removed after passing judgement. A few instances I lost reviews that way. Reasons vary. Authors may request deletion or something like that.

My response rate is really low. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

I also wonder how you guys rate interactivity on a movie vs. a game?
To me, a movie should have a preloader, one that has a visible status bar. The movie should have nice opening credits with a logo with your name or design studio, longer movies with different scenes should have a scene selector and a toggle switch for quality settings, and a replay button at the end with a credits button. I hate looping movies. I also hate sitting thru credits unless I want to watch them. Not have to watch them to get to the replay button. The scene selector comes in handy when writing a review.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 14:59:03

At 4/19/05 12:55 PM, IvanTuroc wrote:

My response rate is really low. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

Mine is pretty low too, about 20%
View Your Reviews (102)
(With Responses Only (21))
You (or should I say we) are probably reviewing movies from authors that rarely respond. Just check out some of the movies posted in this topic and you'll get a higher respond rate.

I also wonder how you guys rate interactivity on a movie vs. a game?
To me, a movie should have a preloader, one that has a visible status bar. The movie should have nice opening credits with a logo with your name or design studio, longer movies with different scenes should have a scene selector and a toggle switch for quality settings, and a replay button at the end with a credits button. I hate looping movies. I also hate sitting thru credits unless I want to watch them. Not have to watch them to get to the replay button. The scene selector comes in handy when writing a review.

I just check out how much influence I have and if everything works as it should work for the games. As for movies I just give them points for replay buttons, scene selection etc. (same as you actually)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-19 15:02:58

At 4/19/05 02:59 PM, Auz wrote: Mine is pretty low too, about 20%
View Your Reviews (102)
(With Responses Only (21))

When I had 100 reviews, I had around 10 responses. Why? Because I mainly reviewed old crap and I usually reviewed flashes popular flash artists made, but the one exception then was the Fallen Angel: Teaser review when I did get a response from the author and I can see that author rarely responds to reviews.

Infact, my response rate was below 10% at one point. Hmm, still havn't reviewed anything today. Oh well, I guess today is a lazy day for me. Hopefully, I'll review at least something on Thursday. If I'm lucky, tomorrow.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-20 01:19:45

At 4/19/05 03:02 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/19/05 02:59 PM, Auz wrote:

the one exception then was the Fallen Angel: Teaser review when I did get a response from the author and I can see that author rarely responds to reviews.

Infact, my response rate was below 10% at one point. Hmm, still havn't reviewed anything today. Oh well, I guess today is a lazy day for me. Hopefully, I'll review at least something on Thursday. If I'm lucky, tomorrow.

Fallen Angel was the 3rd movie I reviewed and the first response I got in return. I stopped voting on U/J entries just to write that review. Wish I coulda kept my 1 for 3 response rate. ;P
Rob prolly gets a ton of mail and without a doubt he has a ton of reviews for that movie. He'd never get anything done but reply to reviews if he answered every one ;P

I tried a few links and reviewed a few of those. No responses yet. I asked some pretty direct questions too. Maybe this weekend the authors will check back.

Maybe a few more in a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-20 06:46:05

At 4/18/05 06:12 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: just go here and go to all his other stuff
----

Dang No responds for me. I guess I will wait.

At 4/19/05 10:59 AM, Auz wrote:
I received my respond from him two days later I thought. I just received another response from this movie, I reviewed it a couple of days ago and received a respond today,

I review that movie right after you did and sadly no responds.

I got 3-4 reviews in yesterday/today. No reponses. This should be movie with a responds he usually respond to all reviews.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-20 08:24:16

At 4/20/05 06:46 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: I got 3-4 reviews in yesterday/today. No reponses. This should be movie with a responds he usually respond to all reviews.

rofl i would, but i hate reviewing 'bad' movies, lol.
i generally review things that are under one meg (habit from when i had my old computer... = slow downloads), and that have a score between 1.7-3.5... most of the time i find those are the types of movies i can give a few pointers on...
i also dislike reviewing games, they take too long, and a lot of the time i just dont feel like playing :(
---
well, today was a good day for me... i didnt have anything on after school so i made 12 reviews. not that much but i also made 30 on retrogade so i'm happy with that :) hah. i just need to do more homework now... and it's really annoying because i've never had to do so much in my life. bleh.
goodnight all.

View Your Reviews (4,303)
(With Responses Only (1,461))
33.95%... im back :) hahah.
laters all.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-20 12:17:39

Can I join im a newb lol but some of my reviews aren't uhhh newbish lol

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-20 12:18:21

At 4/20/05 01:19 AM, IvanTuroc wrote: Fallen Angel was the 3rd movie I reviewed and the first response I got in return. I stopped voting on U/J entries just to write that review. Wish I coulda kept my 1 for 3 response rate. ;P
Rob prolly gets a ton of mail and without a doubt he has a ton of reviews for that movie. He'd never get anything done but reply to reviews if he answered every one ;P

Ah, it seems we both got quite a bonus with our reviews there. I know about the 1 in 3 response rate. It's what I was aiming for, but I think I can try and get it to a 1 in 2.

Hmm, I wonder when Tiger_Chick's coming back.

And no new responses or reviews today. :| Hopefully, I'll get something done tomorrow.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 00:09:30

Well, I've been away for a few days, with no internet, so havn't reviewed that much lately, but want to try and catch up.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 01:30:15

I did manage to get in one review. I want to get to 150 reviews over the weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 04:28:49

At 4/20/05 12:17 PM, KirbyFan325 wrote: Can I join im a newb lol but some of my reviews aren't uhhh newbish lol

Yeah they arent the type that says this and that sucks but try to write longer reviews.

I got in 5 reviews, 1 that doesn't count and no response.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 13:14:03

At 4/20/05 12:18 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
And no new responses or reviews today. :| Hopefully, I'll get something done tomorrow.

Here's your chance to get one, but be quick before he stops with responding
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232698

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 13:22:55

At 4/21/05 01:14 PM, Auz wrote: Here's your chance to get one, but be quick before he stops with responding
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/232698

Just reviewed. It's been quite a while since I last gave a 10 to anything in a review. I just gave the sound for that flash 10 simply because it had the System of a Down music on the menu, LOL. Hopefully, I'll get a response. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-21 13:35:23

At 4/21/05 01:22 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:

Just reviewed. It's been quite a while since I last gave a 10 to anything in a review. I just gave the sound for that flash 10 simply because it had the System of a Down music on the menu, LOL. Hopefully, I'll get a response. :)

Sometimes I give 10's but I rarely give a 10 for overall score (only one submission got a 10 from me, Ronin - Spirit of the Sword) and I only gave two 1's and one 0 .
Ow and I just received a respond from the author of The Apartment V.2 (sorry for not posting the link), wrote my review two days ago so yet another chance to get a respond

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-22 03:09:03

man, the responses have been coming so damn slow lately!! ugh, im still reviewing 10+ a day, but im just not getting any freaking feedback on my feedback! hahah.
check it:

View Your Reviews (4,321)
(With Responses Only (1,464))

33.88%... sometime last week it was like 33.98!!! damnit i've lost .1%!! thats quite a bit!
bah, stooof it i need an author who responds to all...
could that list be posted up here again?

i never give 10's to flash movies.. because im yet to see the perfect flash movie... and if indeed one has been made and is in existence, it will most probably never be posted on this site :(
i've given a few 9's here and there... but anything higher than an 8 is very rare for me.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-22 04:18:05

At 4/21/05 01:35 PM, Auz wrote: Sometimes I give 10's but I rarely give a 10 for overall score (only one submission got a 10 from me, Ronin - Spirit of the Sword) and I only gave two 1's and one 0 .
Ow and I just received a respond from the author of The Apartment V.2 (sorry for not posting the link), wrote my review two days ago so yet another chance to get a respond

I give tens out like its air to me. I only got one review in no responses.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-22 08:09:51

At 4/22/05 04:18 AM, The_Redangleknight wrote: I give tens out like its air to me. I only got one review in no responses.

hahaha, i will most likely never give out a 10 :D haha. EVER LOL :P

one review + no responses as in today?
well in that case i think i made 10 reviews and 1 response. lol...

bleh, i'm going to pass RyanAn tomorrow... he's only got around 2-3 reviews on me
(www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats for details :P), and then in a few days time ill pass Cyberdevil...
thus making me fourth!! omfg! haha.
once i get to 3rd spot (comfortably, in a few months) im going to just slow it down a bit i guess.... im going to go for my daily 10 reviews for as long as i can but its progressively becoming harder :S

goodnight all.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-22 11:11:06

At 4/22/05 08:09 AM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: bleh, i'm going to pass RyanAn tomorrow... he's only got around 2-3 reviews on me
(www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats for details :P), and then in a few days time ill pass Cyberdevil...

That's nice.

once i get to 3rd spot (comfortably, in a few months) im going to just slow it down a bit i guess.... im going to go for my daily 10 reviews for as long as i can but its progressively becoming harder :S

Heh, 3rd place. Too bad it'll be such a hard ride to get to 2nd or 1st, though. :(

Damn! No response from the review I did last night. >:(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-22 12:04:24

Say I thought XwaynecoltX had over 11000 reviews, he had right? Can anyone tell me what happened?

BBS Signature