00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tamer669 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,873 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-23 13:59:11

At 12/19/06 01:43 PM, Bezman wrote: Maybe, but getting boring in a level-based game even before the levels are finished shows poor design in my opinion.
If the game gets boring before it's finished, either shorten it or add variety!

Yes, in a level based game I can agree it´s not good if it gets boring before you beat it. And I probably wouldn´t give it a very high score if that´s the case, a 6 or 7 at most (if it´s very good quality-wise). But a 6 or 7 is not really a great score in my opinion, it´s just average-not bad.

Anyway, I dunno which type of game the guy reviewed from your example. If he was playing a puzzlegame or something, those games do start to get boring after some time. I can´t spent my entire day playing tetris or something like that. But if you´re already playing for an hour until you get bored, that is in my eyes very positive. I just look at how long it takes till it bores you.

But if his title is "well made but boring", I guess it bored him too soon. So I agree the 6 or the 7 was a little high. Then again, maybe he sees a 6 or 7 as a not so-very-good-score.

I really don't care how technically 'good' something is - just whether it's fun, or makes me 'feel' something (like some empathy with the characters').

Yes well, like I said, it´s not only based on quality whether I like a flash or not. There were a few flashes which were not very good quality-wise but I still enjoyed them a lot for some reason.

At 12/23/06 06:10 AM, CitricSquid wrote: could you possibly review my newgrounds Profile Creator? If you could, i would really appreciate it. <3

Done, thanks for the response =)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-24 20:41:01

Hello

Im beat up in reviews, but cant stop now, must continue always, how is reviewing for all you crazies???

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-24 21:12:58

At 12/24/06 08:41 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Hello

Im beat up in reviews, but cant stop now, must continue always, how is reviewing for all you crazies???

Good, good.

What do you guys think of my new reviewing format?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone!

~ Z

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-29 00:25:51

Fun Fact:
The thread creator managed to get to 62 reviews.
At least they're pretty good. *insert KWAS joke here*

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-29 03:03:00

At 12/27/03 04:08 PM, turbosquad wrote: well, i havent been a member that long. but i am going to do more of them. just because i dont have that many reviews doesnt mean i dont enjoy doing them! so, does anyone wanna join?

yea i guess i could join up. i did once have the second most ammount of reviews on newgrounds

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-29 09:48:58

Sounds good to me...must have been a long time ago. Also, you could join up with the Review Request Club in my sig, which is more active than this.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-12-30 09:15:48

At 11/25/06 08:01 AM, Frenzy wrote:
If you could review any of my stuff, thaat would be great! Thanks!

I reviewed some of your soundboards Frenzy. I will try to review some of your movies this weekend :D

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-01-10 20:12:10

I have become completely bored with reviewing lately. I used to like to just go up the list on the portal and review everything in a row, but seems like lately, every other submission is by the KK, UU, or Al Roker, so as of now, I'm just not reviewing for like a week or so.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-01-15 21:08:10

At 1/10/07 08:12 PM, milinko959 wrote: I have become completely bored with reviewing lately. I used to like to just go up the list on the portal and review everything in a row, but seems like lately, every other submission is by the KK, UU, or Al Roker, so as of now, I'm just not reviewing for like a week or so.

too bad. I only review the top 50 and the people in the RRC. I'm really beasting on reviews. I got 5 today. I am going to beat you in the scoring system in the RRC. And you know it (unless you beast)

But boy, I hate reviewing

Charlie: I'm about to show you the white-hot cream of an 8th grade boy.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-01-16 16:54:45

The RRC stuff is about all I've done lately as well. :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-02-19 12:10:09

At 1/15/07 09:08 PM, HomerDough wrote: But boy, I hate reviewing

Then why do you do it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-03-02 21:24:31

Hey everyone.

I was hoping you could review my tribute flash that I submitted today. I would greatly appreciate it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/366641

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-03-03 04:24:11

At 3/2/07 09:24 PM, Zornkatzu wrote: Hey everyone.

I was hoping you could review my tribute flash that I submitted today. I would greatly appreciate it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/366641

Posting in the other thread was enough. This thread's just for discussing reviewing and whatnot.

Just have a little patience - folk will get around to it in their own time. Say, before next Sunday.

So as to have some relevance...

I was wondering if any of you folk felt inclined to start reviewing Audio tracks in a big way since the profile change or the NGAPR release?

I found that the change definitely got me to look at it a few times, and encouraged me to find more tracks.

The NGAPRadio has definitely meant I review more audio these days as it's easy to turn that on, rather than having to keep putting on albums or whatever. Also, you never know what you're gonna get!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-03-03 12:50:22

At 3/3/07 04:24 AM, LuckyLollipopLad wrote: Posting in the other thread was enough. This thread's just for discussing reviewing and whatnot.

Just have a little patience - folk will get around to it in their own time. Say, before next Sunday.

I am aware of the purpose of this thread, as I am a member (though I've been inactive from Newgrounds for some time). I was simply asking as a personal favor.

I apologize if it rubbed you, or anyone else, the wrong way.

~Zornkatzu (formerly, Mitsubishi)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-03-03 17:50:34

At 3/3/07 12:50 PM, Zornkatzu wrote:
I am aware of the purpose of this thread, as I am a member (though I've been inactive from Newgrounds for some time). I was simply asking as a personal favor.

I apologize if it rubbed you, or anyone else, the wrong way.

~Zornkatzu (formerly, Mitsubishi)

Sorry dude. Didn't see your RC sig there...

I think I was a bit out of order myself anyway.

Just got disappointed when I saw this bumped, but there wasn't a new discussion going on.

I'm just sad that this 'club' seems to have gone into stasis recently...

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-03-03 18:17:56

At 3/3/07 05:50 PM, LuckyLollipopLad wrote: Sorry dude. Didn't see your RC sig there...I think I was a bit out of order myself anyway.

No need to apologize, man. I haven't participated in clubs and crews for quite some time, so I'm sure I must be quite unfamiliar to many.

Just got disappointed when I saw this bumped, but there wasn't a new discussion going on. I'm just sad that this 'club' seems to have gone into stasis recently...

I know what you mean. This club really seems to be on life support right now... :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-04-29 10:21:00

Hi, I want to join the review club, but how do I do so?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-05-08 13:24:28

At 4/29/07 10:21 AM, Noobkiller wrote: Hi, I want to join the review club, but how do I do so?

Make an account, start writing reviews, and that's really it. Though i dunno if this group's still active...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-01 22:41:01

would u guys reveiw this game for me... chao may not be your thing... but id like to know what to improve on if i chose to make a similar game again.

http://pikbo.eamped.com/

join please... its a slowly growing forum comunity that is funn and awsome...

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-02 04:49:57

At 6/1/07 10:41 PM, pik-man wrote: would u guys reveiw this game for me... chao may not be your thing... but id like to know what to improve on if i chose to make a similar game again.

It´s better to ask this in the Review Request Club, but I´ll check it out :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-02 15:38:48

It feels good reviewing Audio's more then Flashes because it's way easier and Audio's don't get deleted.

I really hope that we can get a deleated reviews stat. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-18 23:14:21

At 6/18/07 10:53 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: I prefer to review Flash because I can give tips on how to improve... not what to to improve but how to do it inside Flash.

But when reviewing audio you can tell them how to do things in FL or reason.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-19 13:27:55

At 6/18/07 10:45 PM, TheBlueNeck wrote: I was wondering if I could join this crew. I know I only have a few reviews but I think that they are good reviews.

Yeah okay you can join. But the club isn´t that active anymore.

At 6/18/07 10:53 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: I prefer to review Flash because I can give tips on how to improve... not what to to improve but how to do it inside Flash.

I prefer to review flashes too. I don´t know anything about making audio´s, so in most cases I really don´t know what to say in my audio reviews beside: "I liked it" or "it sucked". I still have 133 reviews in the audio portal, but personally I think they´re pretty crappy...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-06-19 14:12:17

At 6/19/07 01:27 PM, Auz wrote: I still have 133 reviews in the audio portal, but personally I think they´re pretty crappy...

Well compared to your flash reviews, ya.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2007-07-10 10:09:27

Dear Review Club,

I would be grateful if anyone amongst you felt like reviewing our recent submission. You may have seen the Expert's Guide to NG in its previous forms over the last year. This time I have been much more involved since Highwatermark decided to make it more generally useful and less Stat-whore orientated.
We have had a few reviews and suggestions, but it doesn't amount to much and I would like to know where the project should go from here.
Best Wishes and thanks for your attention.
Expert's Guide to NG 'Deluxe'

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature