00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lukerevenant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

-Skate Flash Club-

488,072 Views | 12,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 12:36:28

People are sick of the skate flashes so we should find a way to make them all more exciting so people will like watching skate flashes...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 13:11:43

holy shit, I go to bed for two hours, and you guys all of a sudden become post whores. You make all the planning when I go to sleep eh:)
well, I figured the skater could start off doing somthing off the stairs, I am working on making a bg, with a house, and a piece of wood lined up beside it. so the skater can ollie grind up the wood, and across the house. hows that sound ?
O and here's the background, the other one wouldn't post the whole thing:)

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:22:30

Nice idea waup,
Anyway, JeStar, want it in swf file then?

I finished it, 200x700, and it is like the others no windows on the buildings though.

There is a slope down then a grind pole then a small half pipe like thing, then two small fun boxes, then a bis hill up and a flat bit then down again, I'll send it to you if you tell me what file you want, and I'll send it!!

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:33:18

At 7/24/04 02:22 PM, -snare- wrote: Anyway, JeStar, want it in swf file then?

I finished it, 200x700, and it is like the others no windows on the buildings though.

Sure, the swf file would be fine!
Just email it! :D Thanks

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:34:23

At 7/24/04 12:36 PM, Lambofactor wrote: People are sick of the skate flashes so we should find a way to make them all more exciting so people will like watching skate flashes...

Yeah - but how then? Actually, not true. I made a skate flash (not to mention - a stick flash) that had a 3.4 rating ;)

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:39:34

At 7/24/04 02:33 PM, JeStar wrote:
At 7/24/04 02:22 PM, -snare- wrote: Anyway, JeStar, want it in swf file then?

Sure, the swf file would be fine!
Just email it! :D Thanks

PPOOOOOPPPP
I can't do swf because I did it in photoshop and I can't get it into flash like I thought I could.........................now what?
Can you have bitmap or photoshop pro?
Don't you have jasc photoshop, I remember that in credits for mullen skate, I'll email it in that file if you can handle it.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:49:41

At 7/24/04 02:39 PM, -snare- wrote:
PPOOOOOPPPP
I can't do swf because I did it in photoshop and I can't get it into flash like I thought I could.........................now what?
Don't you have jasc photoshop, I remember that in credits for mullen skate, I'll email it in that file if you can handle it.

I have paint shop pro 7, not photoshop.
Just save the file as... as a GIF or a JPEG or something! Then u can import it

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 14:52:20

At 7/24/04 02:49 PM, JeStar wrote:
At 7/24/04 02:39 PM, -snare- wrote:
PPOOOOOPPPP
I have paint shop pro 7, not photoshop.
Just save the file as... as a GIF or a JPEG or something! Then u can import it

When I save it to jpeg it goes funny, I'll try sort it out................cya, be back on soon, and when I'm back you should see a super super cool background at your mail.
!!!!!!!

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:00:19

Yay!!! This flash will be IMMORTAL!!!!!!!!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHA. HAHA. hehehah. hoohieahahiehaoh.hih. heh. 0_0

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:29:54

CHECK YOU EMAIL

We are gonna have fun tonight!!

Don't email me or nothing, talk here, and when you check the awsome BG out then tell me here and give me some feedback!

And if you want I could help co ordinate tricks and stuff, because I made some cool things on it specially..................

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:30:16

SNARE!!!! ur bg is fuckin sick!!!!!!!!!! ITS LIKE TEH BOMBAGE!!!!1

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:32:16

And also - snare.... PLZ either
1) email me back - so i can forward it to you and show u my backgrounds
2) somehow, unnoticed, slip me your email adress in this forum. PLZ.. if u wanna see my backgrounds. or you could choose to wait. because theyre SO SICK. i lov them i never lov my backgrounds ever. theyre like .... meh. actually there not that great but what the hell!! i like em ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:33:06

I guess you like it then....................................
So it did come through!!!
Yayay, I thought it hadn't for a bit.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:39:17

P ic, his backgrounds are sick, and wicked and shit. and mine are blah. So, I am working on the next background now, i think you'll like it... hopefully.
anyways, snare can you send me your bckground, I want to see it. my email is wazup190@hotmail.com

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:39:38

At 7/24/04 03:32 PM, JeStar wrote: And also - snare.... PLZ either
1) email me back - so i can forward it to you and show u my backgrounds
2) somehow, unnoticed, slip me your email adress in this forum. PLZ.. if u wanna see my backgrounds. or you could choose to wait. because theyre SO SICK. i lov them i never lov my backgrounds ever. theyre like .... meh. actually there not that great but what the hell!! i like em ^_^

OK, don't email me or anything please, I'm never using my mail on NG ever except for now and when I had to validate my account.

About your BG's then, why don't you post them here, as much of it as you can?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:42:38

At 7/24/04 03:39 PM, -snare- wrote: About your BG's then, why don't you post them here, as much of it as you can?

Because I cant show u them in any other format besides SWF.

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 15:46:16

At 7/24/04 03:42 PM, JeStar wrote:
At 7/24/04 03:39 PM, -snare- wrote: About your BG's then, why don't you post them here, as much of it as you can?
Because I cant show u them in any other format besides SWF.

Oh...............well, I'm not emailing, ANYONE, including everyone, wazup and JeStar................................unless it is really important like the Back Grounds I had to send.

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 16:25:22

ok, here is the scond background to use

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 16:31:36

here's the 3rd background, tell me what you think.

-Skate Flash Club-

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 16:34:07

At 7/24/04 04:25 PM, wazup190 wrote: ok, here is the scond background to use

Is this for the flash?

We are doing a scrolling one, 500x200....................it's a sweet BG anyway.

Are you doing that competition skate flash idea, the one with the judges and a twist for the end?

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 16:40:53

At 7/24/04 04:34 PM, -snare- wrote: Are you doing that competition skate flash idea, the one with the judges and a twist for the end?

I am not sure, I think I have to get better at animating before I do it, i started it, but it's a pain in the ass right now, and I am really busy with this flash, and some other things.
O and of coarse those 3 backgrounds i posted our for the flash, what else would they be for?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 16:44:48

So are they all stuck together and you cut them to show us?
If you haven't you need to make them put together so JS can scroll through it, and they are sweet, but you can see mine, JeStar's and yours are different............................style...................

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 17:16:16

At 7/24/04 04:44 PM, -snare- wrote: So are they all stuck together and you cut them to show us?
If you haven't you need to make them put together so JS can scroll through it, and they are sweet, but you can see mine, JeStar's and yours are different............................style...................

they are all serperate, and I think jestar knows how to put them together, so I'll leave that to him:)
yes I can see they're all different styles, thats why he's going to make them all 3 different scenes.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 17:26:42

At 7/24/04 05:16 PM, wazup190 wrote: yes I can see they're all different styles, thats why he's going to make them all 3 different scenes.

well then. I guess I could do that... I just had to go downstairs, eat lunch, watch the dogs, go to somebodys house to feed some cats, pet them, etc. and now im back. WAZAA. I think scenes 1 and 2 are fine, but scene 3 is ... meh...
I think its sort of cool but ... wierd ... wierd indeed. Im sure it will look fine though :/ I think. Maybe just brush it up a lil. thats all

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 17:29:32

Ok, for scene 3, (I have changed my mind), I would like you to scale the house ... down ... so it looks shorter, but not skinner. that way the boards wont be at such a slant, and it will look more natural. if that looks bad, change the house, in some other way, so the boards look more natural. Other than that, fine

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 17:41:20

fine I'll change the size of the house, but it'll look kind of small, but whatever. O and i thought you said you were doing scenes, because you said they'll be a snare part a jestar part, and a wazup190 part. did you not say that ?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 17:44:18

At 7/24/04 05:41 PM, wazup190 wrote: fine I'll change the size of the house, but it'll look kind of small, but whatever. O and i thought you said you were doing scenes, because you said they'll be a snare part a jestar part, and a wazup190 part. did you not say that ?

I did in fact say that ^_^ And i mean just adjust the house a LITTLE bit. because it would be a physical impossibility for a skater to skate at such an angle.
About the scenes, I will flash the name of the animator before their time of day. ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 18:01:50

well, the house thing is just like a lil tony hawk type of thing, you know what I mean, I thought'd it me cool if a skater, ollied up 5-0'd the first piece of wood, nose blunt the roof, then blunt slide the other wood, it would look awsome that way.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 18:15:03

I guess that sounds pretty sweet :) Maybe ill do that, but i think im not going to make him grinding up the wood, hell like RIDE up the wood, then nollie into a noseblunt into a 5-0 down the other one

BBS Signature

Response to -Skate Flash Club- 2004-07-24 19:01:28

OK, got it, do you still want me to shrink it?
I'll start working on some next ones now, ok.
I think I'll put some stairs with a hand rail.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature