00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dewoco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live.

1,283 Views | 54 Replies

(Look I don't post in the politics forum much at all but, Hoooly fuck I just want to try and get over this shit fest)

Its been ages since I write shit like this but damnit when will I ever talk about my country? Honestly I feel like I'm stuck in hell at times when it comes to living to a really small ass country. With the most pathetic and saddest people imaginable, To incase you don't know, I live somewhere around syria and israel. Yes I live in that place in the middle. I hate saying where I live. and honestly. I don't care I hate my place too don't worry we are in the same page here.

But damn I just hate my country, And its culture around it, Everyone is so goddamn conservative (like the people there are heavily religious and what not, I am religious too but I'm not that devoted) they managed to make me a centrist leaning to the left at this point. In my class, I have like the 3 most pathetic edgelord classmates ever, one of them is really edgy. They are all like nazi assholes who are also homophobic too and what not. And nobody bats an eye. Why? Because I live in a conservative hellhole. The people there are literally really sad. I can tell you tales and tales over how they act. for starters, They think everything that is foreign is superior

And god how uncultured the people are there too. I had like two of my classmates don't even know who the beatles nor indiana jones are. Like wtf can you make up with that? imagine living 17 years of your life not knowing who indiana jones nor who the beatles are, Is that even possible?. Like what the hell can you make out of that? My only friends there in this shit hole are like people who are literally foreign to this country like they have two nationalities, Hell one of them even shares my views who was a close friend of mine who is now gone from my place.

Honestly as much as I want to leave to the US and I especially hate how I missed out on things like actually living a decent high school life and so on. Or shit like adult swim or actually communicating with people. Hell I was planning to do it this year when I'm done with high school. But guess my family had basically just tied me back in to the shithole not allowing me to leave with shit like "Oh but its shittier there", Like for crying out loud have you seen the economic hell hole this country is facing! god! And I don't want to spend more years with these insufferable creatures anymore.

Honestly try to change my views.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 11:55:01

Ehhh I'd say go somewhere else. Not America, it's fucking trash. You'll get hate crimed if you have a dark complexion.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 12:07:48

At 3/3/23 11:55 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Ehhh I'd say go somewhere else. Not America, it's fucking trash. You'll get hate crimed if you have a dark complexion.

Heres the thing. I only speak 3 languages, One I barely even know. Other than that the other than that. Canada is filled to the brim of the exact kind I hate. But honesty might be a destination choice.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 12:39:10

Leave wherever you're at, go wherever you want to go.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 12:46:40

America is a great destination, but some places in America is better than others. Considering that you don't seem fond of conservative nonsense, so aim for places like the coasts or Minnesota.

Any place you go is going to have their share of homophobes/racists/ne'er do wells, but most of them just keep to themselves or are shitty trolls who get their kicks on offending people, but are harmless.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:00:16

if you manage to come to america then welcome to america

it's not so bad

not great, but you could do worse

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

The US isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. It’s of course got issues, but it’s not a terrible place to live. I just wouldn’t move to the deep south. You’d probably like it here

Good times good times good times good times

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:13:09

At 3/3/23 01:05 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote: The US isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. It’s of course got issues, but it’s not a terrible place to live. I just wouldn’t move to the deep south. You’d probably like it here

I will more than just like it here. The problem is that my family is holding me by my hair on staying, I already applied to a shitty ass college in my country. Since I was forced to in the first place. and they said that "Oh they won't pick you up or some crap if aren't signed in or going to college in the first place" Lmao why do they even want me to stay in the first place? I'm leaving not them.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:14:16

At 3/3/23 01:00 PM, Gario wrote: if you manage to come to america then welcome to america

it's not so bad

not great, but you could do worse

Id rather be on a much more financial and social stable place than here. And if you are going to say I'm wrong for saying that, I can point you out that the shit here is worse than there.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:15:36

At 3/3/23 12:39 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Leave wherever you're at, go wherever you want to go.

I mean my best bet at leaving, I would probably be around the age of 25 by now. Sucks I wanted to go out there earlier but oh well.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:18:00

At 3/3/23 12:46 PM, orangebomb wrote: America is a great destination, but some places in America is better than others. Considering that you don't seem fond of conservative nonsense, so aim for places like the coasts or Minnesota.

Any place you go is going to have their share of homophobes/racists/ne'er do wells, but most of them just keep to themselves or are shitty trolls who get their kicks on offending people, but are harmless.

Look id rather be on a place that has half of those guys than an entire country filled to the brim of them. And also guess thats better too. I'm already keeping my so called I'm ready to go full twitter on you views, in the hell hole I am in.

At 3/3/23 01:14 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
Id rather be on a much more financial and social stable place than here. And if you are going to say I'm wrong for saying that, I can point you out that the shit here is worse than there.

hmm, well if you're looking for inexpensive yet not hyper conservative perhaps the state of new mexico could be up your alley

work is a tricky to find in the poorer areas but it's cost of living is less expensive than average and the politics are in a nice middle ground

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 13:38:37

I bet the foods better there though.

At 3/3/23 01:38 PM, 0315-1015 wrote: I bet the foods better there though.

Damn right, The ooonly good thing about this god forsaken country of mine is the food. The food, Mwah. The rest can go eat shit

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 14:02:05

At 3/3/23 01:30 PM, Gario wrote:
hmm, well if you're looking for inexpensive yet not hyper conservative perhaps the state of new mexico could be up your alley

work is a tricky to find in the poorer areas but it's cost of living is less expensive than average and the politics are in a nice middle ground

Honestly new mexico sounds chill as hell. I was planning to move to cali but I also figured it would be hell in the opposite direction.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 14:11:43

At 3/3/23 02:02 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:

Honestly new mexico sounds chill as hell. I was planning to move to cali but I also figured it would be hell in the opposite direction.

california is nice, the problem is the living costs, though work is certainly easier to find

new mexico is a poorer state, but hey that's why living costs are much cheaper

i live in california now, grew up in new mexico (UNM alumni, go lobos), so i'm familiar with both

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 15:01:14

At 3/3/23 02:11 PM, Gario wrote:
At 3/3/23 02:02 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:

california is nice, the problem is the living costs, though work is certainly easier to find

new mexico is a poorer state, but hey that's why living costs are much cheaper

i live in california now, grew up in new mexico (UNM alumni, go lobos), so i'm familiar with both

Guess I'll do the same ol moving to new mexico, get an actual affording job then jump off to cali. But going to take me a while to even reach the US in the first place.

I can understand where you're coming from given the nature of your situation. I would say that this does sound more like a personal issue however realizing that Isreal and Syria has an ongoing conflict I can see where your experience relates to the political.

SOO... what I will say is that America has it's own unique set of problems and frankly I'd probably say that, you're better off going to the UK if anywhere. Unless you don't mind dealing with the issues that the United States has with gun violence stemming from civilians, economy that forces you to work at least two jobs and politicians that have their heads up their asses who lead two very divided parties then by all means you should move here if you feel that it's the best move for you. I just wouldn't move to a state in the south personally.

At the end of the day no place is shittier than the other but at the same time no matter where you move each country has it's own set of problems.

At 3/3/23 10:40 AM, DerangedKnite wrote: And god how uncultured the people are there too. I had like two of my classmates don't even know who the beatles nor indiana jones are. Like wtf can you make up with that? imagine living 17 years of your life not knowing who indiana jones nor who the beatles are, Is that even possible?. Like what the hell can you make out of that? My only friends there in this shit hole are like people who are literally foreign to this country like they have two nationalities, Hell one of them even shares my views who was a close friend of mine who is now gone from my place.

If you ask me just because you know a thing or two about pop culture alone doesn't make you cultured in the sense that you appreciate specific heritages or lifestyles. That's just my opinion, but I can see where you are coming from on this one.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 16:31:45

At 3/3/23 03:51 PM, DioShiba wrote: I can understand where you're coming from given the nature of your situation. I would say that this does sound more like a personal issue however realizing that Isreal and Syria has an ongoing conflict I can see where your experience relates to the political.

SOO... what I will say is that America has it's own unique set of problems and frankly I'd probably say that, you're better off going to the UK if anywhere. Unless you don't mind dealing with the issues that the United States has with gun violence stemming from civilians, economy that forces you to work at least two jobs and politicians that have their heads up their asses who lead two very divided parties then by all means you should move here if you feel that it's the best move for you. I just wouldn't move to a state in the south personally.

At the end of the day no place is shittier than the other but at the same time no matter where you move each country has it's own set of problems.

At 3/3/23 10:40 AM, DerangedKnite wrote: And god how uncultured the people are there too. I had like two of my classmates don't even know who the beatles nor indiana jones are. Like wtf can you make up with that? imagine living 17 years of your life not knowing who indiana jones nor who the beatles are, Is that even possible?. Like what the hell can you make out of that? My only friends there in this shit hole are like people who are literally foreign to this country like they have two nationalities, Hell one of them even shares my views who was a close friend of mine who is now gone from my place.
If you ask me just because you know a thing or two about pop culture alone doesn't make you cultured in the sense that you appreciate specific heritages or lifestyles. That's just my opinion, but I can see where you are coming from on this one.

I feel like the situations that you worded out on america sounds similar to mine. Not even kidding. We have the same exact situation but 10x worse. Yeah I don't want to go to the south at all. Still as for our situation its similar to this. Like the whole gun violence and what not. I mean atleast the people are bearable there compared to here.

As for the pop culture part, Ok I have worded it out poorly, I'm sorry, I'll try to explain what I mean better. Basically. You know how people know about the usual things these days around the current modern media or things on media that had history. Basically celebrities, Movies, I mean anything you name it, Media that gets discussed around or thrown around whatever. The thing is, I don't talk to much people in real life (In my country cough). Because shockingly enough. These exact people don't know about certain popular media. Like things that are widely popular than popular in a specific country I mean. Media that gets referenced everywhere. Thats what I mean by that. Fine they know about some few really popular outside things but its very few really.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 16:33:39

At 3/3/23 01:15 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
At 3/3/23 12:39 PM, ZomAlien wrote: Leave wherever you're at, go wherever you want to go.
I mean my best bet at leaving, I would probably be around the age of 25 by now. Sucks I wanted to go out there earlier but oh well.

Make it a priority. If it makes you happier in life, then go for it. Happiness is the #1 achievement one can accomplish in life.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 16:39:13

At 3/3/23 04:33 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
Make it a priority. If it makes you happier in life, then go for it. Happiness is the #1 achievement one can accomplish in life.

I mean, It sounds impossible enough so sure, After all I just wanna live in a decent place without any of the troubles I have with here.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 16:41:35

At 3/3/23 04:39 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
I mean, It sounds impossible enough so sure, After all I just wanna live in a decent place without any of the troubles I have with here.

Definitely difficult.

Hell, even moving to another town is difficult. As long as you have a plan and intuition, then it's definitely achievable.

Just another NG user.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 16:46:57

At 3/3/23 04:41 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
At 3/3/23 04:39 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
Definitely difficult.

Hell, even moving to another town is difficult. As long as you have a plan and intuition, then it's definitely achievable.

Honestly I'm too focused on how to leave in the first place if anything.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 18:19:01

At 3/3/23 12:07 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
At 3/3/23 11:55 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Ehhh I'd say go somewhere else. Not America, it's fucking trash. You'll get hate crimed if you have a dark complexion.
Heres the thing. I only speak 3 languages, One I barely even know. Other than that the other than that. Canada is filled to the brim of the exact kind I hate. But honesty might be a destination choice.

"Only"

Lol you're definitely no American. Most of us don't even speak one

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 18:58:09

At 3/3/23 06:19 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
"Only"

So american is the only language ever here?

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-03 19:13:07

At 3/3/23 06:58 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
"Only"

Best to ignore him, you should take what he says with a heavy grain of salt. Hell, there are a lot of places where Spainish is spoken, even in small towns.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-04 00:32:41

At 3/3/23 06:58 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
"Only"

American comes in different flavors. There's AAVE, and different types of redneck babble - Georgia is very different from Kentucky, for instance.. Louisiana has this affinity for spelling everything eaux. You'll see restaurants called like "Jeaux's Burger Stand." There's of course the different strains of Espanol, your Cubans, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans basically can't understand eachother. But nowhere is English spoken.

BBS Signature

Meant to reply to this earlier but I got myself pre-occupied with other things. My B.

At 3/3/23 04:31 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:
At 3/3/23 03:51 PM, DioShiba wrote: I can understand where you're coming from given the nature of your situation. I would say that this does sound more like a personal issue however realizing that Isreal and Syria has an ongoing conflict I can see where your experience relates to the political.

I feel like the situations that you worded out on america sounds similar to mine. Not even kidding. We have the same exact situation but 10x worse. Yeah I don't want to go to the south at all. Still as for our situation its similar to this. Like the whole gun violence and what not. I mean atleast the people are bearable there compared to here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but guns are illegal in your side of the world technically yes? If that's the case then that's probably where that part of it is worse.

That's about as much as I can imagine where it would be worse there but keep in mind that since America's gun laws aren't so strict and that it's the largest gun manufacturer they're insanely common to a point.

As for the pop culture part, Ok I have worded it out poorly, I'm sorry, I'll try to explain what I mean better. Basically. You know how people know about the usual things these days around the current modern media or things on media that had history. Basically celebrities, Movies, I mean anything you name it, Media that gets discussed around or thrown around whatever. The thing is, I don't talk to much people in real life (In my country cough). Because shockingly enough. These exact people don't know about certain popular media. Like things that are widely popular than popular in a specific country I mean. Media that gets referenced everywhere. Thats what I mean by that. Fine they know about some few really popular outside things but its very few really.

I get where you're coming from here. I feel like that when it comes to media or anything like that where it's so common here none of us think of it as a luxury for others where it's not often talked about in other parts of the world.

And that's just it.

Sure you have the really common stuff but keeping in mind that whatever the media churns out is based on the cultures that are inspired by it and things that end up becoming truly iconic to a point where it's created a culture or shaped it in some ways because of what it reflects on society like say, Mickey Mouse who was depicted as a mischievous little bastard in the 1920's before he became depicted as the every man that everyone knows him by now was still a reflection of what Disney saw going on in society.

It's weird because when you think about where the line is between pop-culture and folk culture tends to get blurry to certain degrees because very often because what ends up becoming pop is inspired by the folk if you catch my drift. This is true in countries like the US, UK, Japan, and so on and so fourth.

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-04 13:33:16

At 3/4/23 12:42 PM, DioShiba wrote: Meant to reply to this earlier but I got myself pre-occupied with other things. My B.

At 3/3/23 04:31 PM, DerangedKnite wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but guns are illegal in your side of the world technically yes? If that's the case then that's probably where that part of it is worse.

That's about as much as I can imagine where it would be worse there but keep in mind that since America's gun laws aren't so strict and that it's the largest gun manufacturer they're insanely common to a point.

I get where you're coming from here. I feel like that when it comes to media or anything like that where it's so common here none of us think of it as a luxury for others where it's not often talked about in other parts of the world.

And that's just it.

Sure you have the really common stuff but keeping in mind that whatever the media churns out is based on the cultures that are inspired by it and things that end up becoming truly iconic to a point where it's created a culture or shaped it in some ways because of what it reflects on society like say, Mickey Mouse who was depicted as a mischievous little bastard in the 1920's before he became depicted as the every man that everyone knows him by now was still a reflection of what Disney saw going on in society.

It's weird because when you think about where the line is between pop-culture and folk culture tends to get blurry to certain degrees because very often because what ends up becoming pop is inspired by the folk if you catch my drift. This is true in countries like the US, UK, Japan, and so on and so fourth.

The guns laws there for starters is on the flynn, The abyss, The limbo between legal and not legel. Its complex as hell. Basically imagine it as a gta online server.

I mean the thing is. Believe me its really hard to find someone who shares the same type of media knowledge with someone else. People there are all the same, They all act the same, Think the same, Like the same things, And so on. Really I found very few people who share the same exact knowledge of media. Like I only know one person in this entire country who watched seinfeld. Literally only one

Response to Boy I just can't fucking stand where I live. 2023-03-04 21:22:37

At 3/4/23 01:33 PM, DerangedKnite wrote: I mean the thing is. Believe me its really hard to find someone who shares the same type of media knowledge with someone else. People there are all the same, They all act the same, Think the same, Like the same things, And so on. Really I found very few people who share the same exact knowledge of media. Like I only know one person in this entire country who watched seinfeld. Literally only one

Yeah that sounds like a miserable time.