00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lyokzi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee

1,337 Views | 52 Replies

Clickbait title lol, but seriously it's crazy to think that if the Nashville performance happened now, MCR would have been arrested on the spot.

iu_914309_8775854.jpg

"Land of the Free" but you no longer have the freedom to wear whatever outfit you want in public. Wild.

For context, a few days ago Tennessee decided to make it completely illegal to wear drag in public, and Gerard Ways costume from the Nashville performance last year falls under that category, making mcrs performance now illegal.

This bill creates an offense for a person who engages in an adult cabaret performance on public property or in a location where the adult cabaret performance could be viewed by a person who is not an adult. The bill defines an "adult cabaret performance" to mean a performance in a location other than an adult cabaret that features topless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators who provide entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest, or similar entertainers, regardless of whether or not performed for consideration.

It just seems to ban these performances from occurring in public places. I feel like the context of MCR as a musical act wearing costumes rather than a "drag show" would be considered if anyone wanted to try to press charges. I doubt they'd be arrested, or even fined to be honest. Future concerts may be restricted to only 18+ venues or otherwise banned.

Reference

Furthermore, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anywhere that states that you can't wear drag in public. It seems to specify performances and similar gatherings with an emphasis on sexual behavior or concepts. On one hand, I don't know if I'd expect anyone to arrest me for going to the store in my favorite dress, but on the other, I don't expect too many people in Tennessee to have enough working braincells to interpret this law correctly. They're so enraged and could view literally anything and everything as a threatening, sexual performance, even if I was just walking down the street minding my own business.

Tennessee can go fuck itself and I think it's a bullshit law, for what it's worth. We already have indecent exposure laws if anyone was ACTUALLY stripping or acting in an overtly sexual manner in a public space. Seems rather targeted. Kinda funny when they decide to think about the children. Drag shows are bad but school shootings according to them? pffft, send the thoughts and prayers.

*I edited the last two paragraphs on this post just for clarification on certain things such as my stance and to also emphasize how this law can be especially dangerous if misinterpreted by prosecutors.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 04:49:47

At 3/6/23 03:07 AM, LittleLuckyLink wrote:
It just seems to ban these performances from occurring in public places. I feel like the context of MCR as a musical act wearing costumes rather than a "drag show" would be considered if anyone wanted to try to press charges. I doubt they'd be arrested, or even fined to be honest. Future concerts may be restricted to only 18+ venues or otherwise banned.

Reference

Furthermore, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anywhere that states that you can't wear drag in public. It seems to specify performances and similar gatherings with an emphasis on sexual behavior or concepts. On one hand, I don't know if I'd expect anyone to arrest me for going to the store in my favorite dress, but on the other, I don't expect too many people in Tennessee to have enough working braincells to interpret this law correctly. They're so enraged and could view literally anything and everything as a threatening, sexual performance, even if I was just walking down the street minding my own business.

Tennessee can go fuck itself and I think it's a bullshit law, for what it's worth. We already have indecent exposure laws if anyone was ACTUALLY stripping or acting in an overtly sexual manner in a public space. Seems rather targeted. Kinda funny when they decide to think about the children. Drag shows are bad but school shootings according to them? pffft, send the thoughts and prayers.

*I edited the last two paragraphs on this post just for clarification on certain things such as my stance and to also emphasize how this law can be especially dangerous if misinterpreted by prosecutors.

It's more so that anti lgbtq people will use this new bill as a loophole to just point fingers at anyone in public that they deem queer and demonize them to hell and back. Although this bill was passed, I've seen some of the other bills that they attempted but for obvious reasons didn't pass (just look at some of the bills from this year it's horrifying that someone would even come up with this shit)

And although yes they didn't get passed, I feel like this is just the start of a queer genocide.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 05:10:00

The kilt is a manly garment, god damn it!

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 11:20:33

The law was intended for strange men who dress like strippers and dance in front of children.

If you oppose that, uhhhhh

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 12:56:02

At 3/6/23 11:20 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: The law was intended for strange men who dress like strippers and dance in front of children.

Literally no one is doing that đź’€

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 17:33:00

At 3/6/23 11:20 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: The law was intended for strange men who dress like strippers and dance in front of children.

We already have indecent exposure laws for that.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

the bill does not make stripping in public illegal, it makes dressing in drag illegal

children are unharmed by people dressing in drag in public, there is no indecent exposure involved

and if the drag has indecent exposure as a part of the outfit then there are already indecent exposure laws to cover that

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

At 3/6/23 05:56 PM, Gario wrote:
the bill does not make stripping in public illegal, it makes dressing in drag illegal

children are unharmed by people dressing in drag in public, there is no indecent exposure involved

and if the drag has indecent exposure as a part of the outfit then there are already indecent exposure laws to cover that

What a strange thing to defend.

At 3/6/23 05:33 PM, LittleLuckyLink wrote:

I will assume the original laws work and have some actual teeth in them to be adhered to.

So you won’t object if they are expanded, yes?

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 19:31:03

At 3/6/23 07:23 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:

what, drag and trans people in public?

what a strange thing to attack, tbh

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 20:19:04

Dressing in drag does not equate to indecent exposure in public.

At 3/6/23 05:33 PM, LittleLuckyLink wrote:

I will assume the original laws work and have some actual teeth in them to be adhered to.

So you won’t object if they are expanded, yes?

And why do they need expanding? The last time I checked and heard, indecent exposure laws cover enough territory as is.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 20:22:38

At 3/6/23 08:19 PM, TechyOracle wrote:

Dressing in drag does not equate to indecent exposure in public.

Even if not, putting on Womanface is pretty offensive

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 20:25:29

At 3/6/23 08:22 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:

hurting your delicate feelings isn't grounds to criminalize it

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 21:49:47

At 3/6/23 08:25 PM, Gario wrote:

Watch us.

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 22:26:33

At 3/6/23 09:49 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
Watch us.

Just so we are clear on your position, next time you get the urge to whine about the right being canceled out for trying to cancel out others they don't like.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-06 23:12:35

Watch us.

didn't say you couldn't, said you have no grounds for it

doesn't surprise me someone of your caliber wants to try regardless

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:27:04

I'll take things that have never happened for $1,000, Alex.

Drag shows are not strip shows. Stripper poles are not at drag shows. Children are not at drag shows. Every single facet of this is fabricated.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:28:56

Next Halloween is going to be fucking wild

BBS Signature

Watch us.

Watch us burn down your fucking cities while you cry about it, pig.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:31:56

At 3/7/23 03:29 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:
Watch us.

”nahh not really. I was in Portland last year and only saw 1 deranged hobo stab another with a syringe”

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:36:21

At 3/7/23 03:31 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 3/7/23 03:29 AM, DingleberryClock wrote:
Watch us.
”nahh not really. I was in Portland last year and only saw 1 deranged hobo stab another with a syringe”

Just because every "city burning riot" that Republicans invented never happened, don't mean that it won't. Republicans are fucking around and they're going to find out. All the shopping districts that have been shut down by Walmart only for them to shutter the doors and leave segregated poor people with no public transportation or means to purchase food are boiling to a head right this moment. Chick Fil A banning blacks from their lobbies? 2024 is going to be a hell of a year. The gated communities are going to burn. Mark my words.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:38:40

At 3/7/23 03:36 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Chick Fil Ayyy banning blacks from their lobbies? 2024 is going to be a hell of a year. The gated communities are going to burn. Mark my words.

what

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 03:44:45

At 3/7/23 03:38 AM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 3/7/23 03:36 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Chick Fil Ayyy banning blacks from their lobbies? 2024 is going to be a hell of a year. The gated communities are going to burn. Mark my words.
what

Read the fucking news, Adolf.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 11:14:59

At 3/6/23 07:23 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: So you won’t object if they are expanded, yes?

I would. That's precisely the wrong direction.

iu_915439_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 11:19:31

At 3/7/23 11:14 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 3/6/23 07:23 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote: So you won’t object if they are expanded, yes?
I would. That's precisely the wrong direction.

Well, fair enough, Mardis Gras is a huge celebration across American, especially Louisiana where girls display their chests for all to see

hello

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-07 13:01:56

Yeah well, it's also illegal to receive blowjobs in Georgia, but I don't see anyone getting arrested for it.

Where did my soul go? Where did my spirit hide? Why won't they rescue me from the pain in my mind?

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 11:54:58

At 3/7/23 03:27 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Children are not at drag shows.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-37xqYvxt4

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

At 3/8/23 11:54 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

So where's the stripping and inappropriate content? Where's the children stuffing money into their underwear?

You do realize that 18+ concerts allow children when accompanied by a parent, right? Where's it your place to dictate how they raise their children?

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 12:13:49

At 3/8/23 12:08 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
So where's the stripping and inappropriate content? Where's the children stuffing money into their underwear?

You do realize that 18+ concerts allow children when accompanied by a parent, right? Where's it your place to dictate how they raise their children?

No no no, you said children weren’t at drag shows. There’s video evidence that they are. You’re not moving goalposts here. You made an incorrect statement plain and simple.

you can own it or there’s nothing more to engage in.

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

At 3/8/23 12:13 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/8/23 12:08 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

No no no, you said children weren’t at drag shows. There’s video evidence that they are. You’re not moving goalposts here. You made an incorrect statement plain and simple.

you can own it or there’s nothing more to engage in.

But where's the problem with this? Children also watch Madea movies. Explain why this one example of a parent bringing their children is bad or representative of a massive social trend. MAYBE THAT'S THEIR FUCKING DAD.

I literally went to drag shows as a kid, I'm not moving the goalposts, buzzword Sally. Where is this happening in droves that justify drafting new laws? Does that justify Ron DeSantis trying to take children away from their parents? Will the kids be better off being groomed and raped by foster parents? I'd like to understand what your fucking problem is.

BBS Signature