00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee

1,338 Views | 52 Replies

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 12:32:33

At 3/8/23 12:19 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/8/23 12:13 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/8/23 12:08 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/8/23 11:54 AM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
At 3/7/23 03:27 AM, DingleberryClock wrote: Children are not at drag shows.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-37xqYvxt4
So where's the stripping and inappropriate content? Where's the children stuffing money into their underwear?

You do realize that 18+ concerts allow children when accompanied by a parent, right? Where's it your place to dictate how they raise their children?
No no no, you said children weren’t at drag shows. There’s video evidence that they are. You’re not moving goalposts here. You made an incorrect statement plain and simple.

you can own it or there’s nothing more to engage in.
But where's the problem with this? Children also watch Madea movies. Explain why this one example of a parent bringing their children is bad or representative of a massive social trend. MAYBE THAT'S THEIR FUCKING DAD.

I literally went to drag shows as a kid, I'm not moving the goalposts, buzzword Sally. Where is this happening in droves that justify drafting new laws? Does that justify Ron DeSantis trying to take children away from their parents? Will the kids be better off being groomed and raped by foster parents? I'd like to understand what your fucking problem is.

See, here’s my thing. I don’t give a fuck about any of the argument. You said “children aren’t at drag shows.” I showed you video that they are. That’s my only point here.

Formerly Travis… yeah that one (I’m bored)

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 12:47:09

At 3/8/23 12:32 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
So where's the stripping and inappropriate content? Where's the children stuffing money into their underwear?

You do realize that 18+ concerts allow children when accompanied by a parent, right? Where's it your place to dictate how they raise their children?
No no no, you said children weren’t at drag shows. There’s video evidence that they are. You’re not moving goalposts here. You made an incorrect statement plain and simple.

But where's the problem with this? Children also watch Madea movies. Explain why this one example of a parent bringing their children is bad or representative of a massive social trend. MAYBE THAT'S THEIR FUCKING DAD.

I literally went to drag shows as a kid, I'm not moving the goalposts, buzzword Sally. Where is this happening in droves that justify drafting new laws? Does that justify Ron DeSantis trying to take children away from their parents? Will the kids be better off being groomed and raped by foster parents? I'd like to understand what your fucking problem is.
See, here’s my thing. I don’t give a fuck about any of the argument. You said “children aren’t at drag shows.” I showed you video that they are. That’s my only point here.

Cool, so 3 kids were at one drag show. That doesn't equate to "kids are at drag shows."

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 12:56:15

At 3/8/23 12:47 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:

Cool, so 3 kids were at one drag show. That doesn't equate to "kids are at drag shows."

no no but see what he's saying is that one time children are at drag show

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 12:57:04

ok, so it’s obvious. You can’t admit you were wrong, you still want to “but but but” and handwaive.

so I’ll do us both a favor and use that block button, you either can admit when you’re wrong or you’re not worth talking to.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:00:40

At 3/8/23 12:56 PM, Gario wrote:

You see the problem though. They say kids aren’t at drag shows. But they are… I don’t really care about the semantics surrounding it or the opinions, it’s trying to make a claim that is just not true. Kids are at drag shows…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8ODTCsaTI&t=138s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zggP8j9Wp8I

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:01:07

At 3/6/23 12:33 AM, stupidvampire wrote: Clickbait title lol, but seriously it's crazy to think that if the Nashville performance happened now, MCR would have been arrested on the spot.

"Land of the Free" but you no longer have the freedom to wear whatever outfit you want in public. Wild.

For context, a few days ago Tennessee decided to make it completely illegal to wear drag in public, and Gerard Ways costume from the Nashville performance last year falls under that category, making mcrs performance now illegal.

ngl gerard way should be arrested for slaying in that cheerleader outfit in his 40s instead

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:06:58

At 3/8/23 12:57 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

ok, so it’s obvious. You can’t admit you were wrong, you still want to “but but but” and handwaive.

so I’ll do us both a favor and use that block button, you either can admit when you’re wrong or you’re not worth talking to.

Is your autism diagnosed?

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:20:55

At 3/8/23 01:00 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
You see the problem though. They say kids aren’t at drag shows. But they are…

more people need to see the movie "big trouble", the joke has way more impact in context

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:26:37

At 3/8/23 01:20 PM, Gario wrote:
At 3/8/23 01:00 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:
You see the problem though. They say kids aren’t at drag shows. But they are…
more people need to see the movie "big trouble", the joke has way more impact in context

Yep haven’t seen it… if this is a woosh, then it’s a woosh.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:54:57

At 3/8/23 01:26 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

that's fair, it's a pretty obscure movie

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 13:57:17

At 3/8/23 01:54 PM, Gario wrote:

Worth a watch? Sounds like you’d say yes, but honestly is it worth it?

as for your point, since it’s a woosh… what is the point you were making

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 15:10:49

At 3/8/23 01:01 PM, captainsmilez wrote:
At 3/6/23 12:33 AM, stupidvampire wrote: Clickbait title lol, but seriously it's crazy to think that if the Nashville performance happened now, MCR would have been arrested on the spot.

"Land of the Free" but you no longer have the freedom to wear whatever outfit you want in public. Wild.

For context, a few days ago Tennessee decided to make it completely illegal to wear drag in public, and Gerard Ways costume from the Nashville performance last year falls under that category, making mcrs performance now illegal.
ngl gerard way should be arrested for slaying in that cheerleader outfit in his 40s instead

I 100% agree, he was serving a lethal amount of cunt

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 15:14:58

Backing this! My parents (pre-foster care) were theatre nerds. My brother was a theatre nerd and joined the local drama club. He played male AND female roles. He wore dresses at 16 for plays and musicals, and nothing bad ever happened. He's not even trans or gay, he just likes to dress up for plays. It's harmless, it's literally just adults playing dress up. Although yes, there are some bad people who participate in drag, you can't label an entire group of people as nonces.

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 15:28:25

iu_916389_6658166.png

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 15:37:20

At 3/8/23 02:15 PM, Marcus49 wrote:
At 3/8/23 01:06 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/8/23 12:57 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

Is your autism diagnosed?
I get you're a dickhead and use name calling when people show what kind of a piece of shit you are, but really? Using autism as an insult? You suck man.

It's a serious inquiry.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 16:05:49

Looks like Tennesse has joined the black parade :(

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 16:27:27

At 3/8/23 01:54 PM, Gario wrote:

Ok, for whatever reason I missed the second part of the clip. I get it now. Funny.

also that looks like Dennis farina(?) the guy from Snatch. I’ll watch this movie.

At 3/8/23 01:57 PM, Nu-Travisty wrote:

yeah; it's up there with movies like galaxy quest and bowfinger as being one of the great late 90's / early 00's obscure comedies

funny as hell but i've never seen anyone talk about it

i think you got it now, based on your later post

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 17:29:57

At 3/8/23 05:19 PM, Gario wrote:
yeah; it's up there with movies like galaxy quest and bowfinger as being one of the great late 90's / early 00's obscure comedies

yep. Just wanted an acknowledgment that saying an absolute was incorrect, wouldn’t do it, not worth debating anymore because they won’t do it in good faith

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 21:49:24

At 3/6/23 12:33 AM, stupidvampire wrote: For context, a few days ago Tennessee decided to make it completely illegal to wear drag in public, and Gerard Ways costume from the Nashville performance last year falls under that category, making mcrs performance now illegal.

Congrats to Tennessee for being rational and not caving to the demands of perverts

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-08 22:01:33

At 3/8/23 09:49 PM, Tyler wrote:
At 3/6/23 12:33 AM, stupidvampire wrote: For context, a few days ago Tennessee decided to make it completely illegal to wear drag in public, and Gerard Ways costume from the Nashville performance last year falls under that category, making mcrs performance now illegal.
Congrats to Tennessee for being rational and not caving to the demands of perverts

Yeah, lets create laws over non-issues, because they offend some people who need to feel superior, while not getting rid of actual perversions.

At 3/8/23 05:19 PM, Gario wrote:

Galaxy Quest wasn't obscure. It was advertised ad nauseum. Also, it wasn't that good. It was basically Mystery Men in space. MEH.

Big Trouble is good in spite of Tim Allen, star of Galaxy Quest, not because of him. It's a Dave Barry story, so of course it's good.

BBS Signature

Response to My Chemical Romance is illegal in Tennessee 2023-03-09 10:54:28

At 3/8/23 09:49 PM, Tyler wrote:

There's nothing rational about prescribing what people can wear.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature