00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SanKode just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

When did female empowerment become a big issue all of a sudden?

2,379 Views | 86 Replies

At 3/15/23 04:11 PM, ngman7 wrote:
If a woman joins the Armed Forces, for example, she can't be lactating on the battlefield.

Where on earth do you get the idea that women just simply lactate? Are you talking about periods? Even those can vary quite a bit for severity for a woman.

At 3/15/23 03:04 PM, decampo wrote:
At 3/15/23 01:25 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/15/23 12:24 PM, decampo wrote:
At 3/15/23 04:35 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 3/15/23 02:03 AM, decampo wrote: Well here's my take on this: Empowerment means to give power to someone or something. Thus empowering women means to give power to women. The question is, empowering them over whom? Because we're not comparing women to batteries, nukes, or stars, we're comparing them to men in this context, thus it's implying to socially empower women over men.

[etc.]
This whole feminism argument looks like a deconstruction of the word “empowerment”.

How are men being de-powered?
There’s surely more to women’s rights than slapping.
For your first question, depends on what time we're talking, men were empowered for a very long while. For your second question, of course there is more, but the slapping shows you how the Media (Social Engineers) want you to think.
I don't think you quite understand.... You brought up the early 1900's as a time when men had power, even though that was a time when woman started to earn the right to vote, work outside the home, and be seen as more than property in the eyes of the law who only purpose was to produce babies and support men - and a lot of media was also starting to support women rights. These days, it's about continuing to break the glass ceiling, get equal pay for their work, have more control over their bodies, while certain portions of the media (right-wing conservatism) are screaming about how all of this is de-powering men.
Well, to be honest with you, think of it this way: Historically, the rulers/ controllers wanted to be powerful and control people, they made soldiers out of men, and servants out of women (aside from actual slaves that they had, different topic). They didn't need scholars who tell them how to run things, so they ran things with their stupid hunks of soldiers, physical strength ruled (men were dominant). They ensured lack of education and savagery to keep control of the population. What did they give these men in return, well a personal servant/ slave for work and sex, a woman (in Skyrim terms: a Lydia) and money (which is a different control tool, but a different topic). But women throughout history were clever enough to use sex as a tool to control men (soldiers and kings alike), I mean would queens exist if women had no power? It would be the king and his concubines, you know it would. Women raised children while men were at war, they molded the future for both young men and women, while men served their rulers. Religions/ law helped getting men to settle down with a woman and raise their children, in a world dominated by savage men, to create cities and nations (otherwise it would be a Conan the Barbarian setting filled with murder, theft, rape, and fatherless bastards). So ever since religion was created (which was better for women than what they previously had, also better for rulers since now it's not tribes but nations which they controlled), men did the heavy lifting while women did the man-tenance (see what I did there). In machinery times (1800s) Physical strength was not required anymore (Slavery was abolished in America for this reason), the machines did most of the heavy lifting, that's why they even started to hire women and children to work in factories. So the idea of women wanting to work, serve in the military (guns beat swords, no need for endurance and strength, just a decent sniper rifle), etc. comes from the rich industry-controllers wanting and allowing more people to work for them (it's good for the rich). As for women feeling that men are smothering them, it's an early trend (earlier than you believe, 1800s or so, allowed to exist by the controllers, otherwise it would've been curbed, they would've called it witchcraft or something). So women started to seek their independence from men (why be an assistant character when you can be your own protagonist?). Women can do exactly what men can (in modern times) so why should they be in second position? So women want equal pay (I think they should get it), they want to join the military...well, I don't see why anyone would, aside from benefits and GI bill (Takes us back to money and how the monetary system is set up and wage slaves, different topic for a different discussion). So in short, women aren't trying to be men, they are trying to prove that they don't need men, that they can be independent from men (Physically in this day and age, it's very possible. But mentally and emotionally, well we need each other, i's a human thing).

That's some wall of text...

Let me simplify it for you. There is no such thing as true equality in this world, no matter how hard people try for it. Someone will always be better off, and have certain advantages over others. That is just a fact of life. And you will always have people complaining about it. It's the perpetual story of the "haves" and "have nots". All people can realistically expect is that their lives can improve in some way, if they are not distracted by petty shit.

Through the ages, those who have power and wealth, have often used an array of tactics to distract people from their discontent towards them, with religion, nationalism, to culture, by making people feel culturally, or morally, superior, over others, gaining, or cementing, their power, while giving little in return other than that superficial sense of superiority.

It also doesn't change the fact that some are legitimately worse off than others, simply based off of not fitting an image in that dominate culture that controls the power and wealth in a country, while those in that majority group will do all they can to create barriers, and an uneven playing field, to keep their control over that wealth and power.

If the average person were serious about improving their lives, and those like them, in some tangible way, they would stop being distracted by the culture war against woman, and minorities, and hold those in government, and in the corporate world, more responsible for not improving everyone's lives.

At 3/15/23 04:11 PM, ngman7 wrote: If a woman joins the Armed Forces, for example, she can't be lactating on the battlefield.

I take it that you have never had a kid of your own that you helped raise, or know some basic stuff about the female body. I'm not sure how else to respond to this...

At 3/15/23 06:36 PM, TechyOracle wrote:
If a woman joins the Armed Forces, for example, she can't be lactating on the battlefield.
Where on earth do you get the idea that women just simply lactate? Are you talking about periods? Even those can vary quite a bit for severity for a woman.

I didn't say women simply lactate. Women don't have to be pregnant to lactate.

Lactation is the secretion of milk in the mammary glands.

At 3/15/23 07:48 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/15/23 04:11 PM, ngman7 wrote: If a woman joins the Armed Forces, for example, she can't be lactating on the battlefield.
I take it that you have never had a kid of your own that you helped raise, or know some basic stuff about the female body. I'm not sure how else to respond to this...

No, I never married and had kids. Women don't have to be pregnant in order to lactate.

At 3/15/23 08:50 PM, ngman7 wrote:
No, I never married and had kids.

What!?

I mean, have you gotten close at least?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

No, I never married and had kids. Women don't have to be pregnant in order to lactate.

I feel like I walked into some sort of perverse twilight zone with a guy who thinks that woman don't need to be pregnant to lactate... The whole point of lactating in most woman is to breast feed a newborn baby, and it starts with their pregnacy due to hormones.

I hate to even ask this, in case you tell me, but why do you think they lactate in the first place?

At 3/10/23 03:48 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote: Brands make this stuff because liberals will buy anything that pretends to support their causes. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have this than have no one talking gender and women’s issues, but it’s at best an empty gesture
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/12/mars-nestle-and-hershey-to-face-landmark-child-slavery-lawsuit-in-us

I mean, that goes both ways. Conservatives will buy any product with an American flag on the bag, or if you self "freedom fries."

BBS Signature

At 3/15/23 10:03 PM, DingleberryClock wrote:
At 3/10/23 03:48 PM, SecretBoxFox wrote: Brands make this stuff because liberals will buy anything that pretends to support their causes. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have this than have no one talking gender and women’s issues, but it’s at best an empty gesture
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/12/mars-nestle-and-hershey-to-face-landmark-child-slavery-lawsuit-in-us
I mean, that goes both ways. Conservatives will buy any product with an American flag on the bag, or if you self "freedom fries."

Well yah, I was just giving an explanation for this specific phenomenon.

Good times good times good times good times

At 3/15/23 09:01 PM, EdyKel wrote:
I feel like I walked into some sort of perverse twilight zone with a guy who thinks that woman don't need to be pregnant to lactate... The whole point of lactating in most woman is to breast feed a newborn baby, and it starts with their pregnacy due to hormones.

I hate to even ask this, in case you tell me, but why do you think they lactate in the first place?

From

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537115/#:~:text=Introduction-,Galactorrhea%20is%20milk%20production%20from%20the%20breast%20unrelated%20to%20pregnancy,production%20of%20milk.%5B1%5D :

" Galactorrhea is milk production from the breast unrelated to pregnancy or lactation.

Milk production one year after cessation of breastfeeding is non-lactational and is considered galactorrhea. Various hormones including prolactin, estrogens, thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) can affect the production of milk. "

From

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/galactorrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20350431 :

" Excessive breast stimulation, medication side effects or disorders of the pituitary gland all may contribute to galactorrhea. Often, galactorrhea results from increased levels of prolactin, the hormone that stimulates milk production.

Sometimes, the cause of galactorrhea can't be determined. The condition may resolve on its own. "

This thread took an interesting turn

At 3/16/23 06:15 AM, ngman7 wrote:

From

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537115/#:~:text=Introduction-,Galactorrhea%20is%20milk%20production%20from%20the%20breast%20unrelated%20to%20pregnancy,production%20of%20milk.%5B1%5D :

" Galactorrhea is milk production from the breast unrelated to pregnancy or lactation.
Milk production one year after cessation of breastfeeding is non-lactational and is considered galactorrhea. Various hormones including prolactin, estrogens, thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) can affect the production of milk. "

From

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/galactorrhea/symptoms-causes/syc-20350431 :

" Excessive breast stimulation, medication side effects or disorders of the pituitary gland all may contribute to galactorrhea. Often, galactorrhea results from increased levels of prolactin, the hormone that stimulates milk production.
Sometimes, the cause of galactorrhea can't be determined. The condition may resolve on its own. "

So, you can Google shit up, when you are desperately trying to save a claim you made.... You are just digging your hole deeper at this point. All you brought up was rare cases of woman lactating due to a disease or disorder. Just stop. What you said was pretty ignorant. Just learn and move on.

At 3/16/23 12:06 PM, EdyKel wrote:

From

From

So, you can Google shit up, when you are desperately trying to save a claim you made.... You are just digging your hole deeper at this point. All you brought up was rare cases of woman lactating due to a disease or disorder. Just stop. What you said was pretty ignorant. Just learn and move on.

Pardon my ignorance. I don't know where I got the idea about women lactating on the battlefield from. I might be mixing up something my mother told me once.

How do you feel about servicewomen breastfeeding when they are on duty?

How do you feel about women breastfeeding when they are at work anywhere?

At 3/16/23 03:04 PM, ngman7 wrote:

From

From

Pardon my ignorance. I don't know where I got the idea about women lactating on the battlefield from.

Next, I'm sure you'll start wondering why kids aren't fighting on the battlefield.

At 3/16/23 03:12 PM, EdyKel wrote:

From

From

Pardon my ignorance. I don't know where I got the idea about women lactating on the battlefield from.

Next, I'm sure you'll start wondering why kids aren't fighting on the battlefield.

You responded before my edited post registered.

I said I might be mixing up something my mother told me.

From

From

Child soldiers do exist in some countries:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_in_the_military

No mother in their right mind would have any babies out in the battlefield.

At 3/16/23 03:18 PM, ngman7 wrote:

From

From

I'm sure they do, along with mothers being in the middle of battlefields, because they don't really have much choice in the matter because the invading army doesn't give a shit. But that's all besides the point, since your bringing up nonsensical shit. Not sure if you are just trolling at this point, or you really are this dense.

At 3/16/23 03:28 PM, EdyKel wrote:

From

From

I'm sure they do, along with mothers being in the middle of battlefields, because they don't really have much choice in the matter because the invading army doesn't give a shit. But that's all besides the point, since your bringiup up nonseiscla shit. Not sure if you are just trolling at this point, or you really are this dense.

I'm being serious. I'm not trolling.

At 3/16/23 03:29 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 3/16/23 03:28 PM, EdyKel wrote:

From

From

I'm sure they do, along with mothers being in the middle of battlefields, because they don't really have much choice in the matter because the invading army doesn't give a shit. But that's all besides the point, since your bringiup up nonseiscla shit. Not sure if you are just trolling at this point, or you really are this dense.
I'm being serious. I'm not trolling.

I have never been a parent. I don't know too much about how the lactation process works and what it entails.

This is from another dude on the outside looking in:

• A lot of guys were homicidal jerks to females in the past
  • Intelligence grew and women started standing up for themselves
  • Things got a little better, but not perfect... yet wasn't quite severe everywhere(?)
  • Some angry women told their female children to be angry all the time.
  • They STAYED angry and turned the once well-intended feminist movement into another violent army of hateful people
  • Most women now decide to stay alone or with other women SOLELY to avoid men...
  • They also have the law on their side and use this to perform violence against anybody they please
  • Companies who simply want money (and who are out of touch with humanity in general) try to appeal to customers to simply make more money. So if one of these women get into the company, they won't know when they're doing a good or or toxic idea.
  • What they don't know IS: many of these women have started so much insanity that SIMPLY TRYING TO GET THEM TO BUY CANDY COULD DESTROY A ENTIRE COMPANY.
  • Companies should actually ignore nigh everything going on with the world and simply sell a product that one can enjoy without some stupid attachment it.
  • Case in point: there's women who defected from feminism and actually revealed they're deliriously happy to of found a man who DOES love them. Meanwhile feminist are eternally angry, horny and confused as to why they don't feel free and happy despite their efforts. And this limbo of dissatisfaction is why you can't really appeal to them: they don't know what they want. This is why it's a big issue-females are like half of the planet's population

If anyone wants to argue: this is again from the outside looking in, and gathered directly from what people are saying and doing. Nothing here was from my opinion..

BBS Signature

At 3/16/23 11:39 PM, CrosEl wrote: This is from another dude on the outside looking in:

If anyone wants to argue: this is again from the outside looking in, and gathered directly from what people are saying and doing. Nothing here was from my opinion..

Take ownership of what you write and share on Internet forums.

BBS Signature

While I don't intend to get married anytime soon and have no plans on getting kids, I'm one who's not in a position to do nothing but talk on other people's position with marital status.

But I'm not surprised by this statement at the very least and browsing through the last page, and even though NGman7 won't see this post unless quoted because he's still mad over my pointing out of his hypocrisy, I'm convinced that even he doesn't understand everything about women as much as he claims to.

The only thing M&M's (and most corpos) are trying to empower is their bottom line

At 3/17/23 06:41 AM, Aivrotsiel wrote: The only thing M&M's (and most corpos) are trying to empower is their bottom line

Please elaborate on what you mean by "bottom line".

At 3/18/23 03:54 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 3/17/23 06:41 AM, Aivrotsiel wrote: The only thing M&M's (and most corpos) are trying to empower is their bottom line

Their 'bottom line' as you put it is basically their wallets. Anything that seems to be trending that they think can make them a lot of money they will go with. The Culture war for example is one of those things. Hence the Purple MM as well as the changes they made to the Green and Brown MM.

I can tell you this much, they are not talking about someone's anatomy.

Sure, they're just fishing for easy money/brownie points. As a brand its smart of them to do so, but some people end up thinking they're gonna do more than just say they care.