00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SebG9 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Time Travel Game Thread

4,820 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-07-30 06:23:19

At 7/28/23 12:23 PM, Dynamic0 wrote: Hello everyone.

This is going to be my last post until September 2nd (sunday). I am having a break from developing Time Travel, and some time to regenerate. I think this is going to be the best for me.

Goodbye,
@Dynamic0

Take care!

I can't wait to see what happens next in September!

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-09-03 04:24:16

Hello everyone!

I'm officially back! Don't have update yet, but from today, I'm starting to work on Time Travel again. Thanks to everyone who watches these posts.

Wish you best luck,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-09-10 04:29:47

Hello everyone!

New build released! Fnally replaced the TODOs with real explaining. I added some ungrabing mechanism which ungrabs a cube or a prism which you're holding if it is behind a wall. Also UI anchoring in fullscreen works from now. That means you can play in fullscreen.

When I playtested, I noticed I am able to glitch out of the level using past selves. Not fixed it yet, but if you glitch out, the game will restart the level after while.

(the game)

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-09-15 07:52:56

Hello everyone!

I haven't worked on Time Travel this week, mainly due to the late release of Build 0004 on Sunday. Don't worry, Build 0005 should come next week.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-09-24 03:42:09

Hello everyone!

New level coming out! It's a bit glitchy, because I added new stuck message which is sometimes triggered when it's not necessary. Will be fixed soon.

(the game)

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-09-30 02:18:39

Hello everyone!

I fixed the stuck message bug, and started working on level 9. That's everything I did this week.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-10-06 10:06:46

Hello everyone!

I have to annouce that I took too many projects to work on, and I will slow the development of Time Travel until I finish at least one other project, which I think I'll finish fast. Level 9 is still in development by the way.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-10-14 03:08:31

Hello everyone.

I have finished the project, but I'm having trouble with making level 9. I ran out of ideas, and it may take me a while to make new level.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-10-20 12:07:52

Hello everyone!

I'm making progress with creating level 9! There are going to be 10 levels in alpha and 15 in the final game. I also changed the way how FPS is computed.

(the game)

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-10-27 09:19:14

Hello everyone!

I'm almost at the planned level amount! I've added stander-based level 9, and stucksolving mechanisms to almost all levels.

(the game)

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-05 03:11:26

Hello everyone.

I didn't create the build 0009 this week. No level inspiration.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-09 17:59:42

I have a doubt.

When you "time-travel", you generate a clone, that makes the same actions you did before. However, the clone must have a limit of actions from the moment it is created until the moment you time-traveled, which makes think: after that, what happens with the clone? it just auto destroys? stands still 'till the end of times? does something special?

Being 100% alive means taking a 50% of actions and having a 50% of perspective

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-10 00:44:01

At 11/9/23 05:59 PM, EmsDeLaRoZ wrote: I have a doubt.

When you "time-travel", you generate a clone, that makes the same actions you did before. However, the clone must have a limit of actions from the moment it is created until the moment you time-traveled, which makes think: after that, what happens with the clone? it just auto destroys? stands still 'till the end of times? does something special?

That's a nice question.

Your clone repeats the actions, including the time travel action. So when the clone reaches the time travel action, it vanishes because before you vanished in the timeline and returned back because of time travel.

I hope I explained it all.

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-10 11:33:40

Hello everyone!

I did some bugfixing this week. I've noticed I couldn't get to level 9 from level 8, but only from menu. I've fixed this bug, and added a "Back to menu" button to the end screen. Also development on level 10 was started.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-19 08:07:42

Hello everyone.

I didn't create the build 0010 this week. Level creating is harder than it seems, so it may take a week or two, maybe three until I finish level 10.

Thanks for patience,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-11-27 11:50:45

Hello everyone!

Level 10 is almost finished! I'll try to publish the build 10 as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-12-01 11:15:42

Hello everyone!

I'm setting up things to make build 0010 the last build of alpha. I still have some work to do, I'll share it when it is ready.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-12-10 03:01:14

Hello everyone!

I'm working on the build 10, though it's not yet finished. I have to write subtitles to levels 5 to 10 and do some testing.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2023-12-17 04:51:28

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for reading these posts and patiently wating for the game. I'm continuing forward to release the alpha, but it's not yet ready. I'll let you know about the final alpha build.

Nice day,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-01-09 08:42:54

Hello everyone!

Build ten is finally here! Also Godot 4.2 is released and if it supports the things I use, there will be shadows and lights in official release. I still have work to do in beta, but I'll keep you informed.

Thanks for playing,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-01-20 05:17:10

Hello everyone!

This is the 50th post in this thread and the first post from beta. I'm working on saving and loading and it's almost complete.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-02-03 03:58:22

Hello everyone!

Saving and loading didn't ended well, it has plenty of major bugs so I decided to do it later. In past two weeks, I've successfully implemented UI localization and now I'm updating the web visuals. The design is good, but there is some optimization to do.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-02-19 10:02:34

Hello everyone!

I am continuously working on Time Travel, I will post updates less often than I did before, but don't worry, it's moving forward.

Thanks for waiting,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-03-16 11:34:42

Hello people!

Sorry for the interruption, I was working for almost a month without sharing updates, so here we go:

• Updated web visuals, optimization is in progress. I've got the backbone, but I'm still testing and porting to more levels
  • Completed basic saving and loading (still needs some testing)

As always, thanks for reading and patience.

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-03-31 04:26:05

Hello everyone,

today it is exactly one year since the first post. I think it is posible to say that almost everything of the Future Plans section in the initial post was completed. There are still things in my TODO list that were added later and are either in development or waiting to be developed.

In one of the previous posts I said there are going to be fifteen levels and then I struggled with making ten of them. I'll see how many of the remaining five levels I'll be able to finish.

At the end, I'd like to thank you for a year of support, it really means a lot to me.

Have a nice day,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-04-12 11:12:25

Hello everyone!

I have done some UI improvements in past two weeks, now the pause UI looks smoother than before. I have also thought about releasing beta version for a few testers, let me know if you'd be interested.

Thanks for reading,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Time Travel Game Thread 2024-04-27 05:24:30

Hi guys!

It's been a long time since I posted some GIFs here, so here is a preview of the new main menu:

iu_1195247_7887366.gif

Note: The video in the background is only temporary.

I am still considering whether creating a beta project is worth it, so please share your thoughts!

Thanks for watching,

@Dynamic0

Making a game.

BBS Signature