00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bananacum99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I checked your profile, you're hot!

4,856 Views | 80 Replies

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 07:03:36

At 9/20/04 05:41 AM, Captain_Bob wrote:
In other words, you really take your posting very seriously.

For the most part, yes. I engage in the occasional banter and drivel, but (apparently, unlike most) I stop and think about whether it's even worth writing a note about. If it's essentially useless, I don't post. My first post here was explaining to someone else that it IS OK to rate someone else work. What was your first post here? My first post ever? That I had seen a number of people posting their Blue Wish results, but hadn't yet seen any cumulative numbers on effectiveness and ratio potentials. Apparently no one had bothered and, after I asked, I was the only one who did. I still have a spreadsheet from my eight set of 1,000 casts. The second spread got me in as a mod for the Rainbow Coalition ... for 3 weeks ... then I mysteriously was transferred to the "Minister of Information" position which suddenly appeared just in time for me to take it. What was your first post?

I can count on one hand the number of threads I've begun, two hands if you factor in previous fora. Save for the EGRL and Top 50 posts, almost every other reply I've made here is in direct response to someone else's comments. Sometimes I trim them down as well, but I (generally) keep the main context intact. If you want to go out of your way to prove me wrong, there's a situation from ~2 months ago where I trashed the context of the comments to spark an argument (the old school meaning of it: exchange of ideas) over their perception of Dobio.

I didn't realize my little joke would elicit such a disproportionate reaction, and it wouldn't out of the vast majority of BBS users.

And my initial reaction didn't clue you in? Perception is reality. That was supposed to have been the point in time at which you went "oops." Instead, you kept digging. How about the second? Did it not dawn on you then either? The third time? Apparently not. We're on the FOURTH time now. I didn't find it the least bit amusing, and I fail to see how anyone with any sense would. Your continued defense of something so obviously antithetic is what's gotten me to this stage. Ask Pat if you can buy a clue, instead of a vowel, this round ... you need it.

Just because you like to post a dissertation on everything doesn't mean everyone else wants to or should and shouldn't be held up to that standard.

I don't expect everyone else to maintain my posting standards ... unless some damned fool is silly enough to make me a mod. After that, the forums get real quiet. It usually lasts ~a month until they realize that forum-Nazis aspire to be me, and then they accidentally find something else they need me to do. Beyond that situation, I'll kvetch at individuals I feel are way over the deep end, but otherwise keep my personal posting requirements to myself.

I knew my comment about not reading your post would be a basis for another attack on myself but it was the only way I could get you to understand that I was not attacking you, but yet you continue to attack me.

The simple fact is that you attacked me, then defended your actions in doing so as some lame-arsed "joke." When it was obvious it was not being taken as such, you continued to defend it as a "joke." If part of your defense was that you didn't even give enough of a fuck to read what I had had to say in the first place, too bad. Somewhere, in that whole interaction, was where you were supposed to notice you were in a hole and to stop digging. You've never worked in management have you? Perception is reality.

I really don't think a simple misquote is worth getting so worked up over. Everyone else who has posted in this thread since my post seems to get the humor I was going for. As Dobio said, chill out.

You continue to defend an action you had no basis in taking, hiding it behind semantics that are not even correct. A misquote is taking a quote out of context, otherwise known as, "leaving out the important bits." Your "quote" of me wasn't even close to the meaning or reality of the statements I made. I've more than adequately expressed what I think of your "adjustment" to my comments, and yet you continue to pretend it's nothing? *click* Step awaaaaay from the shovel *click*

If someone is going to respond to my post, I expect them to actually bother to reply to it. I tell off all of the fuck-wits who can't seem to find the time to read my posts, but can somehow make the time to reply to it. Even after all the shit here, I still, for reasons that continue to elude me, expected that you, a mod and the original VP lister, wouldn't stoop to that level. Fah!!

Now all I need is for Greg to fuck his lists up as often as I do mine, then the last vestiges of my respect for NG will be gone ...

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 07:14:16

Hi everyone

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 07:15:05

At 9/20/04 07:14 AM, NectarineClock wrote: Hi everyone

I saw your profile, and you're hot, secksplz!

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 07:17:07

At 9/20/04 05:41 AM, Captain_Bob wrote:

:...and it wouldn't out of the vast majority of BBS users.

Apperntly I'm in the minority. Your post looked like an attack to me, and even if it didnt, it was a poor attempt at humor.

The ironic thing is a simple "I'm sorry" could have stoped this whole little argument a long time ago.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 08:38:40

I did thatbefore, nto much happened... oddly people seem to think you play guitar better if you are a girl though...

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 09:34:42

At 9/20/04 05:12 AM, Nephthys wrote: Seriously, shut the hell up, D0GMA.

No, thanks for asking though.

Captain Bob's original statement was obviously intended as a joke and wasn't directed towards you individually in any way. All of us can see this except for apparently you.

If I changed the above comment to something like "Dogma is right. Stop being a fucking dickhead Bob," would that maintain the context of your actual comment? Not even close, nor is it remotely amusing to do so. What he "quoted" was an insult directed at me. If I fail to see any humor in something that is utterly lacking in any creativity and so obviously is bereft of any forethought or effort, and you choose to take issue with me over that? Piss off. I went to bat for you, the least you could bother to do is stay the fuck out the way.

At 9/20/04 05:42 AM, Enoll wrote: Is it just me or has this topic become unnecasarily
serious & annoying?

That will depend entirely upon Bob ,and how long he wants to maintain a façade that this was somehow a joke I've misapprehended.

At 9/20/04 07:17 AM, TarThoron wrote:
At 9/20/04 05:41 AM, Captain_Bob wrote: ...and it wouldn't out of the vast majority of BBS users.
Apperntly I'm in the minority. Your post looked like an attack to me, and even if it didnt, it was a poor attempt at humor.

You, sir, scare me. It's been months since anyone read the entirety of one of my diatribes and agreed with me.

The ironic thing is a simple "I'm sorry" could have stoped this whole little argument a long time ago.

Way back at the first time he should have dropped the shovel ... Now that someone's actually stated it, it's a might late. Based on the way things have gone, I doubt he'd have figured it out himself though. Very depressing to watch a hero of yours disgrace themselves.

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 09:42:06

It also works on games. These guys I know play as female charector's in FF11, and then they flirt with the dude's to get free stuff.

DIY

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 09:46:28

i know, im da secksayist beast in da whole wurld

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 09:55:58

D0GMA, I know that you're not going to agree with what I post here, but having followed this argument/debate/fight and read all of the relevant material, I'd like to give my interpretation. I have a LOT of respect for you as a fellow (and much more senior) Wi/Ht er so I'd like it if you could read what I have to say and then tell me why you disagree.

I think that the "joke" Bob was making was a joke at the situation that is being described in the whole thread - i.e. that someone who isn't overtly female on fora will have their opinion discounted instantly. You are famously "undisclosed" when it comes to gender, and of course Bob knows this. You had also just made a very long post, and Bob was (as far as I interpret) attempting a joke based on the fact that the gist of the thread suggests that unless you are female, nobody will bother to read your posts. His fictitious quote seemed to me to represent the opinions of the people reading the thread, but the way in which he chose to represent it was to put it as a "quote" from you. I can see how you would be angry, having taken time to post all of that, but I honestly don't think that Bob meant to cause the level of personal offence that he seems to have. Would you have been offended to such a level if, instead of misquoting you, Bob had written:

"Nobody will bother to read this rant, because you don't obviously have a vagina or big boobs. so pix pls" (or whatever)

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 10:47:35

This is common... most websites made up from say 100'000 to 1 million people will have about 50% of the profiles made or whatever, nothing but males posing as females. It's the same everywhere... here's the solution... tell the apparent 'fake' to add you to MSN, AIM, ICQ or Yahoo... something like that, and appear on cam... and if they refuse... they are most likely frauds. Or, if they claim not to have a cam or try saying they don't have MSN or anything else of that sort, again, they are probably full of shit.

Try it out, I swear it works to weed out the perverted attention seekers. ;)

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 10:49:09

At 9/20/04 09:55 AM, --delteated-- wrote: D0GMA, I know that you're not going to agree with what I post here,

Not necessarily. I am infamous for consistently winning the René Descartes award for, " I may be wrong, but I'm never in doubt," but even I bow to facts ^^

I'd rather the answer be right. I really don't give a shit who got them. I still don't like being wrong ... but it matters a lot less.

Would you have been offended to such a level if, instead of misquoting you, Bob had written:

"Nobody will bother to read this rant, because you don't obviously have a vagina or big boobs. so pix pls" (or whatever)

I'd have been offended by that comment, and my stock in Bob would still have dropped, but certainly not to the same degree. A point on which you hit square, but it's a flawed point for a couple of reason. One hitch you missed: If it was someone other than Bob (and few of the other mods) ... I'd likely have simply told them which end of the pointy stick to shove up their ass, along with a few other choice epithets, instead of giving enough of a damn to actually take offense ... if I even wasted that much time on it. Bob just seemed have this perenial chuckle when dealing with me and everyone else at BC before the merger ... as opposed to some others I occasionally mention as creating that foul taste in the back of my mouth ...

You're also giving the same/similar quote, but in a variant context ... and expecting I'm going to refute your belief that the context is not part of it. Can't be done. In your example, he at least isn't turning my own quote into an insult, which (as you surmised) is a good chunk of it. IMO it still wouldn't have mattered in the long run. Given the succession of the subsequent conversation, he would not have even bothered to come up with anything creative enough to be worth a chuckle in the first place, and most assuredly was not going to realize it (or give a damn) if whatever he did happen to invent crossed the line to insult. My taking offense at his lack of tact is still, somehow, my fault.

The rest of the issue is, and has been, the fact that he stuck to his semantic bullshit that this was some joke I simply misunderstood, when I obviously had taken his comments as an insult. Even in your tweak, I'd still have thrown a rant at him over it, and, odds on, we'd be at the same point now. It would still be my fault for "over analyzing," and he'd still be playing games instead of giving a flying fuck that he'd crossed a line with one of the users.

After smacking Bob in the head with "I find this insulting" three times before he packed it in for the night with him still not managing to get it, I'm not even sure I'd give a damn if he did finally figure it out. As a mod he should maintain a higher standard, but he's got much more latitude in how he interacts with users. ~shrug~ afaik I stayed within the bounds to which I'm constrained. I'll find out tonight when he wakes up and passes around the "OGM do you belieeeeve D0GMA?!?!?!111!"

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 10:50:51

eh?

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 10:56:12

At 9/20/04 05:14 AM, JohnnyWang wrote: OMG, Nephy is offering drugs, arrest her/him/dobio!!!!!!!

omg stfu faggot, so hang out with some men, gayboy OMGOMGOMG

>:(

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 11:03:45

At 9/20/04 10:47 AM, PsychloMajin wrote: This is common... most websites made up from say 100'000 to 1 million people will have about 50% of the profiles made or whatever, nothing but males posing as females.

I would really have to be exposed to those kinds of statistics to really belive it

Try it out, I swear it works to weed out the perverted attention seekers. ;)

Sounds like fun..

On another note : Heres my pic, I'm available ladies ;)

I checked your profile, you're hot!

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 13:22:46

The reason I didn't stop and apologize was because I knew my intentions with that post, and wasn't going to apologize when I didn't do anything wrong except maybe quote the wrong person. I do not give up easily when someone sets out to attack me or make me look like an idiot.

D0GMA, I did go back and read your post afterwards (the post I .."paraphrased"..is that a better term?). I didn't read it before hand because I got the idea for the joke and went ahead and posted it. As I stated before my post had nothing to do with yours. Espically the "pix now" part, that was at the thread in general.

We can argue until Bend is modded (yes the year 4365), and we won't get anywhere as we both believe we are right. I am sorry that a simple joke has caused D0GMA to lose respect for me.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-20 13:31:09

my fave is moodygothbitch69

All men love goths apaparnatly

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-29 22:30:56

just get a real girlfrend like me, and a plus is shes azn....oh yeah...

im probably gonna get flammed for this post for no reason cause some ass-holes can't get any so they make fun of other people that can

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-29 22:32:47

At 9/29/04 10:30 PM, mason_master wrote:
just get a real girlfrend like me, and a plus is shes azn....oh yeah...

im probably gonna get flammed for this post for no reason cause some ass-holes can't get any so they make fun of other people that can

Or we could flame you becuase you're an idiot who bumped a topic to tell us how cool you are for having an asian girlfriend, and how pathetic we all are for not being able to get sex, despite that you based that assumption off nothing.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-29 22:33:17

I've changed my account plenty of times to female names and came to this conclusion..

Females get treated alot better than we do..No matter what they say or do..

BBS Signature

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-29 22:33:43

lol, i did it on a forum and it does work and its fucking halarious shit. I also did it here in the chat room and everyone used to think i was a girl

Response to I checked your profile, you're hot! 2004-09-29 22:41:54

At 9/20/04 01:22 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: So I decided to experiment a bit on it. First I found some random forum, and signed up with the account name "HawtAznChicka6969"

Whoa, that is terrifyingly close to my girlfreinds NG username "hotaznchick". She piced that one as a joke becuase of stuff like what you said. Where she knew that it was such a ridiculous name that people were bound to either hit on her or not beilive that she is actually a girl and then she could prove them wrong.