00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

206,669 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 16:58:25

At 10/23/05 04:50 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote: Oh I've got a brand new shiny helmet and a pair of kinky boots

Did someone go to the cinema today? Kinky Boots?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 17:03:48

At 10/23/05 04:50 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote: Oh I've got a brand new shiny helmet and a pair of kinky boots...

Ahaha! Too funny.

Coop, you feeling better?

And ya, I think I am dropping out of that freeworld thing. Sorry, it is just that I can never keep on top of it, and D&D doesnt seem to be my thing.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 17:07:59

At 10/23/05 05:03 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Coop, you feeling better?

I'm feeling better and I'll come up with a draft of the final piece tomorrow. Should post tomorrow night

And ya, I think I am dropping out of that freeworld thing. Sorry, it is just that I can never keep on top of it, and D&D doesnt seem to be my thing.

Ok, I'll knock you off the list then

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 17:13:50

At 10/23/05 02:55 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
being someone who doesnt enjoy sci-fi so much, and never watched a single star trek in his life...

:O
ZOMGF
Nah, Star Trek kind of sucks, Voyager was the only good series. I derive 95% of my sci-fi knowledge from Star Wars and AvP, now there's a subject I know far too much about for my own good.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 17:17:45

At 10/23/05 05:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: I'm feeling better

Awesome!

and I'll come up with a draft of the final piece tomorrow. Should post tomorrow night

Oh ya... for the collab you mean?

Ok, I'll knock you off the list then

Merci beaucoup.

At 10/23/05 05:13 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: Nah, Star Trek kind of sucks, Voyager was the only good series.

Theres more than one series? : P

I derive 95% of my sci-fi knowledge from Star Wars and AvP, now there's a subject I know far too much about for my own good.

I have seen all the Star Wars, but back when your thread was up, I had only seen the first (or 4th - whatever)... so, I guess now I would be a little more prepared.

And AvP i can assume is Alien vs. Predator?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:19:59

At 10/23/05 05:17 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:

GASP AND SURPRISE!

And AvP i can assume is Alien vs. Predator?

Yup, although the books as opposed to the movie.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:34:09

At 10/23/05 06:19 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: GASP AND SURPRISE!

Ya, after I said that, I looked it up. See, I always thought that canadian guy was the star trek captain, and then the guy from the movies just took the canadians place... now I know, that it was two different series'. : )

Yup, although the books as opposed to the movie.

Cool. I didnt know there was any books. Man, I am so out of the sci-fi loop.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:38:18

At 10/23/05 06:34 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Man, I am so out of the sci-fi loop.

Haha, I am as lost as you are. XD

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:39:57

At 10/23/05 06:19 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote:
At 10/23/05 05:17 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
GASP AND SURPRISE!

Its still depressing that they canceled the series... If they hadn't have moved it to friday :(

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:42:06

At 10/23/05 06:34 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
Cool. I didnt know there was any books. Man, I am so out of the sci-fi loop.

Speaking of books, I'm at something of an impasse on what to read next.
I have a choice of either some Star Wars, the latest trilogy advancing the plot of the expanded universe, or some more Stephen King.
You see I've been reading King's Dark Tower for a while now, I'm up to the sixth book out of seven, and I really feel like a break from this epic. The problem is that book five of the saga leaves the reader with a cliffhanger ending, so do I progress on with the Dark Tower to find out what happens, or go with some Star Wars for a little while?

Also out of interest, what is everyone else reading at the moment?

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 18:45:27

At 10/23/05 06:42 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Oh no! my alt escaped.

BACK IN THE CLOSET NOW!!! OFF WITH YOU!!!
alt slinks off into the closet::
but yeah... oops

OH NOES!

Writer's Guild

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-23 19:24:49

At 10/23/05 06:38 PM, Andersson wrote: Haha, I am as lost as you are. XD

At least I'm not alone... : )

At 10/23/05 06:42 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: Speaking of books...

Well, if the cliff hanger isn't eating at your brai ntoo much, then worry about it later and move on to the Star Wars books. : )

The Turn of the Screw, and The Scarlett Letter (both for english)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 07:30:09

At 10/23/05 02:09 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: lol, not only did I learn a little, but I was entertained. Man, you werent like this in the Immortal RP thread... you were always so serious. : )

I'm supposed to be the most serious user that exists within Newgrounds.

Doctor, I just discovered something terrible. Passive verbs in Japanese are totally different to that of English. You see, because the typical sentence is structured out as so:

Subject _ Direct Obect _ Verb.

Passive verbs have a totally different setting in Japanese and I would assume that causative passive have a different situation for existance as well.

Oh well, thanks for your help. At least I have understood how to use them in English, which might better help me write and achieve great things. ;)

I'll lurk around here. It's warm in here and I like that.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 08:57:33

At 10/24/05 07:30 AM, Alkador wrote:
Subject _ Direct Obect _ Verb.

Bah, silly Japanese making up a language fundamentaly different to our own.

It's warm in here and I like that.

And sexy.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 10:32:38

At 10/23/05 07:24 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: At least I'm not alone... : )

That's good to know. =P

By the way, how many of you in here have been thinking of or will write a Newgrounds story?

Atleast I am currently working on one called "Newgrounds: the Myth".

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 11:26:34

At 10/24/05 10:32 AM, Andersson wrote:
By the way, how many of you in here have been thinking of or will write a Newgrounds story?

I did a couple of NG-themed ones for DirtySyko's writing comp before it died.
Other than that I don't currently have any plans.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 11:34:39

At 10/23/05 06:42 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote::

Tom browns School days by Thomas Hughes...it is a real slog to get through> Curse my english teacher for choosing it for me A level text.

At 10/24/05 10:32 AM, Andersson wrote: By the way, how many of you in here have been thinking of or will write a Newgrounds story?

I haven't written a newgrounds story so to speak but I did have a go at writing an NG parody of the wizard of Oz...I really should get round to finishing that at some point.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 11:57:49

At 10/24/05 11:26 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote: I did a couple of NG-themed ones for DirtySyko's writing comp before it died.

Yeah I remember that.

At 10/24/05 11:34 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I really should get round to finishing that at some point.

Yeah, I hate it when you stop writing or working on something great because you get sick of it.

I made an entire "Lord of the Rings" parody before on my friend's computer which I lost when it crashed. =(

At 10/24/05 11:43 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: Never felt the need to do an ng parody... at least not yet...

It doesn't have to be a parody. Mine ain't.

I'd want to come up with something thats higher than the average one... Not all of them are all that entertaining... and some are just downright copies of another work already out there with name substitutions... but meh... maybe someday

Yeah, I find most of them very boring, that's why I'm writing my own to show them that they can be good.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:01:31

At 10/24/05 11:57 AM, Andersson wrote: I made an entire "Lord of the Rings" parody before on my friend's computer which I lost when it crashed. =(

Ouch. That's some really bad luck there.

I think I'm going to try my hand at completing that Oz Parody of mine...hell it'll give me soemthing to do over the week. NO school to go to and I have jack all to do. Joy :-)

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:09:52

At 10/24/05 12:01 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Ouch. That's some really bad luck there.

Tell me about it. =/

It was accurate too, each line that exsists in the book was parody:ed (Haha), everything. =/

Hell it'll give me soemthing to do over the week. NO school to go to and I have jack all to do. Joy :-)

Oh, I got vacation next week! ^^

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:17:46

At 10/24/05 12:09 PM, Andersson wrote: It was accurate too, each line that exsists in the book was parody:ed (Haha), everything. =/

Serious? How long did that take you to write then?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:24:03

At 10/24/05 12:17 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: Serious? How long did that take you to write then?

I came to the middle of the first book, even so, it was alot of work and must have taken me a week or something.

It had the same paragraphs as the real book too and everything. A pure comedy too. Oh, well.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:27:17

At 10/24/05 12:24 PM, Andersson wrote: It had the same paragraphs as the real book too and everything. A pure comedy too. Oh, well.

I get the feeling that it would hvae been a pretty damn good read. Ever thought of trying to do it again?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:41:40

At 10/24/05 12:27 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I get the feeling that it would have been a pretty damn good read.

Yeah, damn to be reminded of it sadens me. =P

Ever thought of trying to do it again?

Nah, I would never do that.

I did everything of it in my mind once, then I wrote it. To then do it again would be like doing it a fourth time.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:54:20

At 10/24/05 12:41 PM, Andersson wrote: I did everything of it in my mind once, then I wrote it. To then do it again would be like doing it a fourth time.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to write it again if you planned everything out in your head before you even wrote anything down.

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 12:58:44

At 10/24/05 12:54 PM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I can understand why you wouldn't want to write it again if you planned everything out in your head before you even wrote anything down.

Yup. Buts that's how it is with most things I do. I get the idea while I'm sleeping, I make everything.

Then when I wake up, I start doing it for real. =P

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 16:50:08

At 10/23/05 07:24 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I looked around for an exit. ‘What next?’ I heard a noise after my words, and I cocked my neck to the left. I listened.

Great, I thought. Never a moment's peace. There was a set of footsteps approaching. Here I stood again, looking at a potentially life-threatening situation, with no place to run or hide. I waited, frantically looking around for something to help me out of my predicament.

Having rooted through various storage boxes and lockers around the room, I plunged my hands into the jacket hung on the back of the door. Paydirt, as I grabbed the handle of a fair sized gun from within the pocket. I listened again, but the footfalls were getting fainter. I breathed out, my heart rate slowing slightly and my brainpower being diverted to areas of pain. I nearly collapsed.

I pulled the gun from the jacket and something fell out of the pocket. Quickly, I stashed the gun in my own pocket and picked up what looked like a data-card. I hobbled over to the console and inserted it in the waiting hole. A window opened and a message processed itself onto the screen:

"Roberto,

I am sorry for the deceit, the lies and the treachery. They have all been nessesary evils. You are in a bad state and need fixing up. The attached file is a map. Follow the bluebird and you will find all you need to get working again.

You will find me eventually, I promise you.

E."

A map flashed up on the screen, indicating where I should go along the corridors of the sewer system with a blue line. I really had no choice but to go there. If I didn't, I'd die for sure.

I left the room, passing the guy I'd killed. I felt sorry for his death, but not guilty. I made my way through the sewers almost to the end of the road, when I noticed this junction had a large inlet pipe, pouring gallons of water in every second. The pool below looked deep and I needed to head straight across the crossroads. There was no ladder down, so my only option was to jump.

I did not jump, so much as topple into the deep, fetid pool. Using my good leg and both of my arms, I managed to half-wade, half-swim across to the other side. The pain was excruciating, but I made it. I staggered down the last few yards of corridor and opened a service hatch into a room, where three people stood. That was the last thing I saw, as I passed out.

'Uh... What happened? Where am I?'

'Why don't you rest a while, you are still drowsy from the drugs.' There was a dim light in the room from over in the corner, where someone was working at a bench.

'Drugs?'

'We needed to keep you in a coma for several days, to prevent you dying, Roberto.'

'What did you do to me?'

'I saved your life. I fixed you.' A spry little man with a white goatee and a receeding hairline peered over me, grinning.

'Is there any chance you could do something about my leg? It's killing me!'

'What, that's hurting? We may need to take it off as well then.'

'AS WELL?! What the hell else did you cut off?!' My eyes widened and I nearly fell off the bed.

'Well, you lost a lot of blood from the rip in your thigh. It wasn't healing, so we had to... replace it.' I glanced down the bed at the blanket covering me. I twitched the blanket to one side and there I was, one leg of flesh and bone, the other mechanical from mid-thigh down to the floor. The toes wiggled and I was dumbfounded. I could control this leg, as if it were my own...

There you go. We've created a monster, how much further can it go, before someone decids to end it?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 17:11:30

At 10/24/05 04:50 PM, Coop83 wrote: There you go. We've created a monster, how much further can it go, before someone decids to end it?

Excellent, now things can get moving again!

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 17:25:07

At 10/24/05 05:11 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: Excellent, now things can get moving again!

Alright, what is this about? Seems intresting...

Maybe I could join?

Response to Writer's Guild 2005-10-24 17:41:28

At 10/24/05 05:25 PM, Andersson wrote: Alright, what is this about? Seems intresting...

Its astory being written by myslef, Gum,Coop,The Doctor,Myst,Scribbler and Mick the champion ( I think thats everyone?)

Maybe I could join?

Heh heh, If you can go through all the stuff that's already been written and somehow make sense of it then you'll be most welcome I should imagine.