00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oswelt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

208,573 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-22 17:49:04

Ya, sry i left and didnt finis hthat training with you. Im out again anyways. Later mates.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-22 20:39:19

I dont like page 13... tis unlucky.... i wish i could post a bunch of times until it gets to page 14.... 14 is a cool number. Its my jersey number.

Anyway... i got mart hw to do. Lates!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 11:06:38

I have to write a shrot story for my english coursework and I cant think of anything tow rite about so I decided to turn the WOR into a story.

1) IS this a good idea
2) Does anyone have a problem with me using the their characters? I thought Id ask just in case someone had a huge problem with it.

Oh and Im stuck on my Oz thing. Im not moving on till IVe got some mroe jokes in the 2nd part and I cant think of any. I really need help. Whilst i can make some funny comments ansd things I cant plan things that are funny. I really need some help here guys if I wanna get this thing finished :-(

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 11:16:48

At 11/23/04 11:06 AM, Frozen_fox wrote:

:Stuff

1) No I don't mind you using me in the story, in fact I'd be honoured (But post it here too!)
2) Send me a link to the Wizard of Oz thing and I'l see what I can do.
3) ROCK ON!!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 11:21:52

Ill just postthe oz thing again. This is the 2nd part whihc is the bit Im stuck on-------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Scene 2

(The screen starts off as blank and small slits off scenery open up and close again as though eyes were opening and closing.)

(Only a small part of the screen should not be black and a blurry form of a pear and a peach should be seen)
(both strange voices should be done in clock crew voices.)
Strange voice 1 “ Is it dead?”

Strange voice 2 “ I don’t think so. It seems to be waking up. What should we do with it?”

Strange voice 1 “ I say we take it to our King and let him decide”

Strange Voice 2 “ Good idea. Lets take him to strawberry clock and let him decide………maybe we should knock him out again?”

Strange voice 1 “ Why the hell not?”

(a loud Crack is heard and the screen fades to black again.)

Scene 2

( This scene opens in the same way as the other except in stead of a peach and a pear the blurred from of a strawberry is seen.)
Strawberry clock “Wake up you lazy bum Or I will kick you………..so you wont wake up then….fine.”

Bedn “Ouch. What was that for?”

SC “ For being a lazy bum. Now get up!”

( the view changes and Strawberry clock is seen to jump onto a throne as Bedn gets up.)

Strawberry Clock “ Who are you and why did my Royal guards find you in the Hunting forest?”

Bedn “ ummmmmm…….Forest? Guards? wait a second……….you’re a strawberry!”

SC” I am not just any strawberry impudent fool! I am Strawberry clock! King of the portal!”

Bedn “Strawberry clock? What is this some kind of weird dream?”

Sc “ No this isn’t a dream. You are in my palace in the clock crew lands in the land of Flash.”

Bedn” The land of Flash? What the hell.”

SC” hmmmmmm I see you are a stranger here come I will show you my kingdom”

(Strawberry walks off screen and Bedn follows, The view changes to a corridor with various pictures on the wall)
( pics include pic of Bedn and wade, and various pictures from the web cam page)

SC “ Tell me strnager what is you name?”

Bedn “ My names Josh….but you can call me Bedn.”

SC “ Hmmm a strange name you have come let us go meet my people.”

(The View changes to the entrance of a grand palace with arches and stained glass windows and tapestries hanging on the walls)

SC “ Behold my kingdom!”
(The view changes and a number of small huts are see with various clocks walking around minding their own business.)

Bedn “errrrrrr……it looks more like a village than a kingdom.”

( the view changes back to the palace front)
SC “ Currently yes but my plans to expand are well under way. As soon as my shrine to B is built we will make new homes and school for the little baby clocks .”

Bedn “ Shrine to B?”

SC” Yes my Shrine to B. Come I will show you it.”

(The scene changes and we see Bedn and Strawberry Clcok entering a large temple like building., The scene changes again and we see a large Capital B surrounded by scaffolding.)

SC “ This is it! Be awed and amazed at my shrine to B!”
Bedn “ But its just a giant capital B?”

SC “ You don’t understand do you? B Is our God. We worship him thrice daily in the hope that he will bless us.”

( a peal of bells is heard)

SC” It is worshipping time. Watch our ceremony if you wish but remain quiet.”

( Clocks of various type sensate shrine and Strawberry Climbs up a ladder to a platform.)

SC “ ALL HAIL B!!!!!”

CLOCKS “ BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

SC “ Today we come to worship for we are the clocks that say BEEEEEEEEEE!”

SC “ However the almighty B requires tribute! All who wish to worship must bring an item of great importance to B!”

(View changes to a j00bie)

J00bie “ Such as what?”

SC “ Bring him a shrubbery and you will be able to praise him.”

(all the clock suddenly rush out and come back in all holding shrubberies,”

SC “ We shall now take time to pray to B.”

One clock “ BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

( there is an awkward silence and then the only non clock in the group hits him)

SC “ Thank you J00bie. As a reward we will build a shrine to K for you to worship at.”

J00bie “ Your to kind your majesty.”

SC “ Now to continue with our prayers……….what is that falling out of the sky?”

( a large house is seen falling out the sky and everyone aprt from j00bie moves out of the way.)

J00bie “Oh shit”
( the house falls on top of J00bie with a loud crash. )

SC “Alas poor J00bie we hardly new you”

( a cackling laugh is heard)

Voice “ MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Strawberry clock! Let this be a lesson to you. Next time you don’t pay tribute to me I will drop a house on you.”

SC “ God damn you Tanner. Why must you take away the people I love! First you killed illwillpress , then Legendary frog , and now you have killed my beloved J00bie. If it wasn’t for the fact that I am a coward I would have my revenge!”

( view changes to Bedn and he remains still his yes darting around)

Bedn “ ummmmmmm….can I go now?”

Sc “ The only way home is to speak to the wizard of flash. If your going to see him I will come too. He will tell you how to get home and will give me the courage to defeat Tanner, the wicked witch of the west”

Bedn “ ummmmmmmmm……….ok? Well how do we get to this wizard of flash?”

SC “ We follow the IP Address road?”

Bedn “ Follow the IP addres road?”

Clocks “ Follow the IP Address road?”

(Strawberry starts to sing)
SC “ were off to see the wizard
the wonderful wizard of flash.
We hear he is a wonderful wiz
Who makes flashes with class.

(The rest of the clocks join in as SC and Bedn are seen walking down the Ip address road.)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 12:09:56

Excellent script, can't think of much at the moment... who would be the Lion, the Tin man and the scare crow? Would the wizard be Wade Fulp or Tom? I need answers damn it!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 12:12:51

At 11/23/04 12:09 PM, -Shadowed_Ninja- wrote: Excellent script, can't think of much at the moment... who would be the Lion, the Tin man and the scare crow? Would the wizard be Wade Fulp or Tom? I need answers damn it!

Wade is the wizard, Earfetish is the scarecrow, tin man is gonna be a mod......not sure which one yet possibly dobio(is he still around? I havent seen him in ages.) and the Lion is gonna be Ozcar.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 13:16:27

Oh man I feel like shit,I wont be posting till late (GMT) or about 7pm (EST) but I shall leave you with a poem here :D

Drifting

Slowly piece-by-piece I feel im losing you,
Penetrating my heart and going straight through.
Leaves rustling in the wind, only to fall as tears,
Now I feel the end between us so closely leers.
My hopes are pleading with the storm that's rising,
And as you walk back to me its oh so surprising.
Feeling your spirit come back to mine,
I know this time we can last through time.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 13:20:24

At 11/23/04 01:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Oh man I feel like shit,I wont be posting till late (GMT)

When did they add another number in between 1 and 12? I eneevr knew there was a late o'clock :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 15:35:13

hey im bored and i wanna tlk 2 som1 and ur the onbly guys i know on so wat u doin?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 15:39:49

If your bored go do some rping in WOR. Juest have yourself randomly bump into my character or something and Voila! Your introduced to the rest of us and we all get a lo0ng nicely and can carry on with the game.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 15:43:38

i was kinda hoping to meet tsalasl Skelotor his caracther seems cool but how com ur not doin anything on WOR?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 15:51:22

awrite thats me signin off and btw ive introd ma guy to karhein if thats ok bye

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 16:05:03

At 11/23/04 03:43 PM, D0gg wrote: i was kinda hoping to meet tsalasl Skelotor his caracther seems cool but how com ur not doin anything on WOR?

Dont have anything to do really. Evrryone else is training so Ive just had my character go for a walk.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 20:02:54

At 11/23/04 11:06 AM, Frozen_fox wrote: 1) IS this a good idea
2) Does anyone have a problem with me using the their characters? I thought Id ask just in case someone had a huge problem with it.

Ya, Please post it here! I wanna read it!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 20:07:23

I just want to say to all WOR members.
I am sorry that i am not around a whole lot. Everything has been jam packed lately.
I made the school basketball team... plus my art exhibition is coming up on Dec 1 & 2... so i have been staying after to schoo lto paint and then bball practice... i am trying to scram things in. I should be on at least once a day, but i ask that only Frozen_Fox be my charcter if it is absolutely desperate and i am not around.
Fox has been apart of the guild since the beginning and has shown alot of support with all my endeavors... plus our characters are kinda similar and our writing style is similar. I just dont want everyone taking control of my char if im not around. It would get confusing for me and everyone else.
Hopefully after Dec 2 everything will go back to normal.
I wil ltry and get on at least once a night... i apologize for the inconvenience.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 21:31:06

At 11/23/04 01:16 PM, LordSkeletor wrote: Drifting

It is clever and well thought out. Even though you prolly did it quick.
However, it is too broad a poem. Plus, the rhyme scheme did not flow and was not executed well. The overall i dea was good, just it was not expressed well. I am not sure why i didnt like this one as much as the others.
For some reason i just couldnt get into it.
Plus, you always do such short poems... try a longer one. Short ones have to precise and to the point... where you seem to want to express yourself. If you the type to you express yourself you should be doing 15+ line poems. If you want to do short ones like that, you should practice tryin to get your point across more strongly.
It was clever tho, i just didnt fell it was executed or expressed as well as your others.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-23 23:40:10

hello im a writer also and I have a few story ideas and i was hoping to see if some animators would be interested in animating a story for me. if you are interseted email me at plehto@nc.rr.com and if that doesnt work send it to klehto@nc.rr.com im still working out some bugs w/ my email thanks alot

TH07

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 00:03:44

here's another random poem that no one will understand

BOREDOM
boredom is boring
when you think about it it makes even the hungriest of all apes fall into an old man waiting for a bus. the old man says Iam not waiting for the bus, the bus is waiting for this ape to fall on me, therefore we are all waiting for one another. we all wait for the bus which is waiting for an ape to fall, which is waiting for the zookeeper or a McDonalds employee to bring him a milk shake and an old man being falled upon by an ape who is being wated upon by a zookeeper or a McDonalds employee. we all wait for the bus, and therfore we all are bord. we are all consumed by boredome which is waiting for an ape to order his milkshake. Order your milkshake, the boredom says to the ape falling on a milkshake being consumed by a bus or a trash can. we introduce a new character, a trash can that cannot eat milkshakes, *BEEP* the trash can says *I CANNOT EAT MILKSHAKES*

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 01:54:59

At 11/16/04 11:15 AM, Frozen_fox wrote:
At 11/15/04 05:55 PM, BinjinPurj wrote:

I sent it to you and haven't gotten a response, man. Just telling you. :)
lol sorry dude. i haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Hey man! Did you ever take a look at it? I am really anxious to see what you think about it.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 12:36:31

At 11/24/04 01:54 AM, BinjinPurj wrote:
Hey man! Did you ever take a look at it? I am really anxious to see what you think about it.

wooop sorry dude. I have read it but just didnt get round to replying.

Its seems interesting. I like the idea of the ENGTH(is that right?) chip that collects friciton and powers up the robot or whatever it is installed in. The only porblems I found were that in a few long sentences thier were some punctuation problems but hey no ones perfect. Plus i tried to correct them( Seeing green and red line son MS word annoys me) and no matter what I did they didnt go away so it may be that something is screwed with my version of Word and their is nothing werong with yuor punctuation.
Over all Id say keep up the good work. You seem to have comer up with an original idea and they are always hard to come by as almost everything has been done before.

Sorry for taking absolutle AGGGGGGEEEEES to review it though :P

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 12:37:43

At 11/23/04 08:07 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Hopefully after Dec 2 everything will go back to normal.

how ironic your going to be coming back then and Im going to be buggering off. Ive got exams starting on the 2nd so I might not be able to post as much.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 15:51:57

Quick note from Myst... he has been banned again. He is trying to plead his case, but it has failed him thus far.
So he wont be around, he asks again that only Fox be is charcter if need be, or maybe work it in so that karess had to go visit his mom in pura b4 the war breaks out or something.
Umm, what else? Oh in his email he sent me, he said something about "I dont mind if Fox calls himself the protector or w/e"... not exactly sure what that is about.
Hmm... otherwise, he thanks everyone for taking care of the WG and the WOR while is banned again :P

Peace from Tankith

P.S. if you were wondering why i am posting for him, i am his younger brother... he just emailed me saying that he was banned.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 15:54:47

Jesus. He got banned again? pffft naughty myst

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 17:31:54

Whatd that little bugger do?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 22:04:39

no one has posted in a while, no one is on when Iam...so...bored...

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 22:23:37

INFINITE QUESTIONS
did we all die?
did we all die and go somewhere?
beneath the earth where we are buried?
or in the sky which we are nowhere near?
why are we alive.
are all organisms created to consume all matter
why is life here, why does anything have to be?
most people who contemplate life, as much as I, end up going insane
are all the sane people actually insane, are all the insane people sane
where do our minds go when we sleep
when all thoughts stop, dreams occur
if thought stops upon death, do we dream endlessly
or is there nothing
if every being in the world belives the same thing, than it will happen
what would you see if one of your eyes looked at the other
why are things the way they are
why dont humans have super powers
why cant we fly
how did the earth come to be
infinite questions.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 22:30:50

TWO HUNDLED DORRAL
A man puts on a glove, his wife says do not put on that glove for a man's wife says do not put it on. a man slurps his soup, his wife says do not slurp your soup for the soup may end up slurping you, you can never tell. a man's wife talks, the man says do not talk for Iam talking right now, dont fly for you might hit your head on the ceiling. a man and his wife turn to stone, the man and the wife are unawair of the people using them as coat hangers. a woman walking by says they would make wonderful bird bath cozies, how much are they. a china man walks up to the woman and says you give me two hundled dorral fol this wondelfur bild bath cozie. the woman hands the man a hamster dropping and walks away.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-24 23:29:48

wow on both the writers guild and WOR I have the last post right now, where is everyone?

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-25 11:34:10

At 11/24/04 11:29 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: wow on both the writers guild and WOR I have the last post right now, where is everyone?

Eithe rin bed or in the case of myst banned :P