00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nikolai38 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writer's Guild

207,309 Views | 4,991 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 19:46:47

I have developed the form you must fill out as a char in the world for the RP thread:

NG Account:
Name:
Religion: (Religions can be discovered as we go)
Habitat: (countires etc)
Class: (Royal, Aristo. Civil, Working, Freelander)
Alliance: (will be developed as time goes and wars begin)
Weapon: (weapon of choice, guns are yet to be invented, but as the thread grows, so wil lthe world i s'pose.)
Abilities: (it is fantasy, so as long as your not cheap... abilities can be learned, explores, possessed etc)
Occupation: (are you a shop owner? or an adventurer? or anything you want.)
Status: (Mortal: human, elve and what not, Immortal: like wizards and elders maybe, Spirit: that emans your already dead but have yet to found that 'resting' place)
Personality: (dark or light)
Appearance: (what u look like)
Brief Bio: (past events b4 the time of the thread starts... if any)

A more in depth look of each section i will post later on. I am going to make that the world develops as the thread does. So new religions, lost continents and unknown races can be discovered as the thread grows. It can be like starting a civilization from scratch.
Also, the possibility of putting 'none' as an answer for the form is there.
Even still ,we need a basis before we start the thread. a little more discussion might jar someone creativity.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 19:49:06

At 11/16/04 04:46 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: Have elves but dont call them elves call them something original.....like I dunno summit that isnt just elves cause that name is really boring.....errrrrrr yeah?

Ya i want everything original and from scratch. If you like elves that much.. we can just call them something else.

Wizards and what not... magic and stuff... most fantasy stories have it. Well a large portion... however, we should cal lthem somethign else. They are known as wizards, but healers because they those with the ability to heal. It isnt until war braks out that these healers use their abilites fro wrong. Or something.. i mnot sure yet.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 20:00:02

At 11/16/04 04:49 PM, Snerd wrote: That's why I post little BS stories that are good but nothing I'd put my career on. You'll never see something I intend to make into a movie in the LNL. I can promise you that.

So you want to be a script writer or producer i presume?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 21:08:15

Little update to all...

The 'World of Roleplay' will officially start this coming Sunday.
If you have any ideas, please post them before Friday's end. That gives me Saturday to write the chronicle for the world and develop the thread rules and what not. It will be in the general section, but i will post the link here and it will prolly be in my sig.

I am thinking it will take a good couple weeks before it has enough members to be quite active and to have many plots abrewing at once. So on sunday, i am going to try and advertise the new RP as best i can without spamming. Just so ppl know its out there. Like post a link in some of the writing and RP clubs. I know most of those clubs so theere shouldn;t be any complaint.

Do NOT post your form filled out until you have read the guidlines of the thread and plz do not post it in this thread. Thanks for all your support. I will be writing down everyones ideas and Saturday morning i will put them all toegthor and try and make best of it.

Thanks for the support.
Cheers,

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 21:38:05

At 11/16/04 08:00 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: So you want to be a script writer or producer i presume?

Writer/Director/Producer. I'm makin' the most money on my movies. I intend to fund my movies mostly by myself if not completely. Then just get a company, such as Miramax, to distribute it. You retain the rights to the movie this way. It's sorta like what George Lucas did with Star Wars. Now he's rolling in more dough than goddamn Poppin' Fresh (you may know him as the Pillsburry Doughboy).

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 21:40:58

Iam interested in that RP ur talking about Myst I was wondering if I could be a mythical crature like a Vampire or something like that, I think that the people who join should be able to create their own religion if we add in the religion thing, and then people who want to can join that religion, also if u dont have enough ideas u could always set up the thread for the RP and then ask people for their ideas, but then it might get to hectic with too many ideas. also u could make a map so people could tell where everyone was. I think if people wanted to they could set up their own guild inside the RP but they'd have to fill out a form, and get permission. If u had creatures that people could attack, you'd have to get multiple people to be on at certain times to keep track of hit points, items etc. because if people wanted to they could say that they had a bunch of healing potions or something. ne way I g2g and get my homework done. homework sucks!!!

I dropped out in the third grade, and spent all my time at the arcade.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 21:46:41

At 11/16/04 09:40 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: Iam interested in that RP ur talking about Myst I was wondering if I could be a mythical crature like a Vampire or something like that, I think...

Yes, the religion thing is basically what i was going to do. In actuality... i have created a map. I am just naming some of the cities not. However, i want pp lto make u ptowns and such as they go.. so i might just name the continents and countries.
Vampires... ya i s'pose.. .though i do not want them known as vampires right a way anyways. This world is practically starting fro mscratch.. so alot of thing wont be discovered for sometime if at all. Maybe vampires will be known as demons for sometime or something. Demons because they are immortal and generally are dark aurad a reek havoc.

I love the ideas... keep'em coming.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 22:46:39

RE: Myst_Williams earlier post
oh I get it like a new world just being discovered, we could have people elected as leaders of different areas, and then u could just be the president of the whole place. I am somewhat unhappy about what u said about vampires, sort of a personal thing, dont worry about it. the bottom line is that vampires are kind creatures, usually decieved as evil, vampanese on the other hand are very evil.
some facts u probably didn't know about vampires:
1) not affected by garlic or religion
2) no fangs, long claw like fingernails that extend to open wounds
3) cannot shape shift (into things like mist or bats)
eh anyway ur probably not interested, oh well, read the "Cirque du Freak" series if u wanna know more, it's a good book even if ur not interested in vampires, I wasn't to interested before I read it and now I am obsessed, as u can probably tell.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 22:59:57

hey I was inspired to write this poem cuz my friends write poems to and Myst said it was good or something...like...that. anyway it's called
Padded Room
A boy sits in a padded room wearing a straight jacket, the boy opens his eyes and realizes he is not in a padded room wearing a straight jacket, he is writing stange random words on a white lined piece of paper wearing a straight jacket he removes the straight jacket form the paper or the boy and realizes he is sitting in a padded room wearing a straight jacked writing strange words on a piece of paper wearing a straight jacked. He says to the room "Remove that jacket at once I say!" the room sets down it's paper wearing a straight jacket and removes it's own straight jacket while reciting the strange words on the paper wearing a straight jacket "A boy sits in a padded room..."

THEND
I know it's kinda confusing, I've written a couple other poems like this but I cant find them. I was inspired to write like this by a poetry book my dad has, I think the book was called Edson but I forget who the writer is, I cant find it right now, but I'll look for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-16 23:02:47

At 11/16/04 04:22 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: General I think. more people look at General than Clubs and crews.

I personally think clubs and crews it is more of a club, but whatever we decide is fine

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 06:32:18

At 11/16/04 10:59 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: I know it's kinda confusing, I've written a couple other poems like this but I cant find them. I was inspired to write like this by a poetry book my dad has, I think the book was called Edson but I forget who the writer is, I cant find it right now, but I'll look for it.

It is kind of confusing and like warps my brain as i read it. However, i liked it in a weird way. It made me think. I had to read it a couple times and i still only half got it, but anything that makes me think i usually enjoy.

Re: the vampires

I just meant that they are normally seen as dark aurad species. However, i dnt mind them being i nthe world, i just want everything to be unique. So if we can figure out a way to make them unique to our world, that would be great!

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 06:36:52

About the leaders thing... um yes and no. I am not going to elect anyone. Everyone makes their own charcter. You can be a ruler or leader if you want. You just cant be an 'elder' and elder in our world is a group of six ppl who govern all the peace treaties and run a small country that is known for its amity. It is a place where ppl go for sport, travel, and just to get away from the wrongs of the world.
You can of course still be these characters if your main character needs to discuss something with them, but you cannot make one of them your main character.
So i will post the map in the thread that im making... if you want to be a ruler of a country, by all, do so. Just dont be cheap about it.
Like you have an army the size of 1/3 the worlds population or somin crazy like that.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 12:27:11

Ive been thinking about a cult(s) and this is what ive got.

Ive got two rival cults thought of the first one shall be a cult of White mage vigilantes who help to do good for the land,You can only join by invatation or if you past one test.You can learn how a vast number of spells and incantations that help you and others,once you get experienced enough you will learn powerful spells which you will only use if necessary.They worship a god called Kail who is a Mighty Lord of good.oh I havnt thought of a name for the whole cult yet but i'll get back to you on that.

The secong cult is really a gang of misfit thugs who just want to cause trouble with almost everyone they meet but they are civilised in there own way, they have meetings,registerd fights,they are well trained pick-pockets and know a few enchant ments that could kill a man on the spot.To join you have to win a fight with one of the cult or be chosen by the High mage Loki named after the God of Destruction.They hate the cult of the white mages and will try to do everything they can to destroy them. They call them-selfs The Elders Of Evil.

They you go hope you like it. I will post more once Ive thought some more

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 12:35:41

Quick Question for you myst.

Is this rp thing going to be set in one country or a few countries?

If its one country I suggets each of the diferent Cities has a diferent socail structure. So you could have in the Capital a socail heirarchy(Peasants at the bottom King at the topm sort of thing) but in other cities you could have it so that one of the cults that has been suggested is extremely powerful and pretty much rules the place.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 13:10:29

Heres some Towns/Cities you might want to use myst.

This one could be the territory of 'The Elders Of Evil' Imiri a large town full of hustle and bustle but ruled mainly by the E.O.E who go to stalls and market place to collect there 'protection tax' weekly.

Another one wil be ruled by The White Mages (not named yet,any ideas?) This town is called Lageor a large town who is protected by the white mages from all crimes and the E.O.E for no cost every one who lives here has a decent life but it is a bit pricey to own property in this town.

Here is just a small village called Garroth where you can go to train at the fighting school or the archery school for only a small fee.It is a peacful place here.....sometimes.

There are my suggestions for now there dahll be more :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 13:29:25

At 11/16/04 10:46 PM, G-MAN490 wrote: eh anyway ur probably not interested, oh well, read the "Cirque du Freak" series if u wanna know more, it's a good book even if ur not interested in vampires, I wasn't to interested before I read it and now I am obsessed, as u can probably tell.

Finally someone who reads them!!! they are great arent they im on "Vampire Mountian" and its 'The Darren Shan series' to correct you come to my club just click the link and we shall talk about it there somemore instead of just talkin about it here.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:02:26

Allthese ideas about developing cults are great, but i havnt decided if i can fit them into a chronicle or if they should be developed as the RP progresses. I'll have to see if they fit in.

The heirchy thing is great... and there will be many countires, 4 continents. So many stories can be abrewing at once. However, most of our charcters at first will start i nthe center continent where the elders live. I will post the map i nthe thread as soon as its done.
Each continent will have its leader and what not, but each country (which is more like a territoy) will have that hierchy that Frozen Fox discussed. I was thinkign exactly what he was.
Thanks for al lthe input guys... i am going to star tthe chronicle tommorrow. Tonight is the last night i got to finish that art project, so I got to book-it.

The map will basically show the entire world, however at first, since there will be few of us. We will all start off at the same place or end up at the same place in order to get a storyline going. However, as the thread progresses and we get new members, they can be doing something totally diff in another country if the want.

Individual cities and towns will be made up as they go. The map is just to specify what region of what continent ppl are in, just incase we get alot of members and it gets hectic and/or confusing.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:06:20

At 11/17/04 04:02 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: Allthese ideas about developing cults are great, but i havnt decided if i can fit them into a chronicle or if they should be developed as the RP progresses. I'll have to see if they fit in.

Ok,ooo I cant tell this is going to be good,I can feel it!I can not wait :)

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:22:00

OK MYst Ive srot of done a poem lol. The poems that I like are stupid ones by people like Spike Milliagn and this is my attempt(note I said attempt) to copy the kind of humours style......>It isnt very good but meh.

Sanity is catching

Sanity is catching and I fear I’ve caught the bug.
Nothing seems right anymore and I don’t know how to cope!
I’m struggling to survive in this sane and normal world
With all these abstract rules and all the noraml boys and girls
I’ve never understood all these normal people
Who act with the latest trends.
But I’m turning into one of them and everyhting now depends one what the celbrities say and do.
Sanity is catching!
This I know is true.
Just wait and one day you will see it affect you.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:28:41

At 11/17/04 04:22 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: OK MYst Ive srot of done a poem lol. The poems that I like are stupid ones by people like Spike Milliagn...

It is not bad. It is interesting. It was an easy read and an enjoyable one which is good. I have never heard of that guy so i cant compare however, the layout, although, short was confusing. Justthat one long line did not fit it, but other then that it was decent. I think you could be pretty good with a bit more practice.
I was honestly expecting you to throw out some random crap and then id feel bad and say nice things, but this is a great start being one of your first poems.
It is hard to really say whether a poem is good or bad, because it is a form of expression. However you can say whether it is enjoyable or not and this was an enjoyable read. You expressed your point well and in an interesting fashion which spoke truth in an uncanny way.

Good work Fox... with some practice, you may be quite the poet.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:32:11

At 11/17/04 04:28 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
Good work Fox... with some practice, you may be quite the poet.

Well thank you kindly :P Who knows maybe Ill actually be able to beta you in the best selling poetry charts woth a little practice :P.

Btw Im gonna start writing up the script for my OZ flahs idea Ill posyt it in segments so people cna give me feedback so I can alter it as I go along.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:38:29

At 11/17/04 04:32 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: Btw Im gonna start writing up the script for my OZ flahs idea Ill posyt it in segments so people cna give me feedback so I can alter it as I go along.

Nice! I was hoping you would say that sometime soon. Icannot wait to read it. I mexcited already. lol.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:45:49

At 11/17/04 04:38 PM, Myst_Williams wrote:
At 11/17/04 04:32 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: Btw Im gonna start writing up the script for my OZ flahs idea Ill posyt it in segments so people cna give me feedback so I can alter it as I go along.
Nice! I was hoping you would say that sometime soon. Icannot wait to read it. I mexcited already. lol.

lol. well Im having problems thinking of how to start it so any suggetiins would be most welcome :P

Anyway Ivegotta jet. Ill probably be on tommorrow so speak to you then compadre.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:46:39

If you do not count RP's and the LNL (which originally was not a literary club) we are only like 60 posts away from living longer then any other writers club or crew.

That is good. Most of the other writing clubs were practically dieing by this point. Not us. We got plans to make flash. We got plans to diverse into RP... uhh... i guess thats it. But hey! We got plans!

We are not going anywhere folks. All we need is a bigger member base to keep this thread more active. So if you know a writer, lead him i nthis direction. It would mean alot.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:49:45

At 11/17/04 04:45 PM, Frozen_fox wrote: lol. well Im having problems thinking of how to start it so any suggetiins would be most welcome :P

Anyway Ivegotta jet. Ill probably be on tommorrow so speak to you then compadre.

Hmm... i will thin kthat over. Maybe i should rent the movie and pick out key point worth making fun of. It has been years since i have seen the movie, but if you remember, just compare it to the beginning of the original.
OR
you can start off with us as the guild members doing something. Im not sure what, but i remember you having an idea abvout tha earlier.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 16:54:18

At 11/17/04 04:46 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: If you do not count RP's and the LNL (which originally was not a literary club) we are only like 60 posts away from living longer then any other writers club or crew.

. So if you know a writer, lead him i nthis direction. It would mean alot.

I will do what I can :D

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 17:10:23

Here is a bit of the first chapter of my book The Runes Of Courage:Ovmit's tale (It is sort of in the middle dont want to bore you with the first few bits)
"What are these gran-dad?" asked Fiona
"I cannot speak the real names of these stones but lets just call them The Runes Of Courage for now"
"Why cant you say there real names?" Gabriel said "Because if I do I will of cast a spell on the both of you and you will have to do something very dangerous to get back to the real world,but it wont affect me.Good night you two!" and walks out the room.

So what do you think about that little extract?

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 17:55:18

I like your little extract... i didnt get the "but it wont affect me part so much"... but it was intriguing.

***P.S.*** TO ALL: I have half written the chronicle. It wont be very long. I dont want to waste time with it. I'd prefer just to get right into the RPing. However, the one thing i dont have that we need is races.
Any ideas? Humans is one.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 18:50:14

Almost at the threshold of page 10.... omg... so close. A milestone that i can almost see. Okay, ima calm down.

Later Mates.

Response to Writer's Guild 2004-11-17 20:24:46

World of Roleplay is up, but does not offically start until Sunday. Iam starting now cuz i am too excited.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=197297

see you all there!