00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CloudSavage just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

5 Shades of Red Collab!

42,743 Views | 1,180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-09 09:45:39

Nice and congrats benny ;)

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-09 11:58:20

Back in game people, just dropped something heavy form my back, got more time now.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-09 15:08:01

At 2/8/05 11:13 PM, pvt-blasto wrote: oh please count me in!!!! i would really like to be apart of this!

It's not about us counting u in, it's whether you finish on time or not, and whether you get voted in.

Even if people are dropping out, we're gonna vote on this one. I don't want it to be like "oh we only have 7 ppl lets just put them all in." No way, I'm SOOOOOO tired of sifting through our countless reviews and seeing 90% of them being 5 out of 10s because "some were good and some sucked." No way, not this time. Too much work to be dragged down. Hurry up people and lets vote as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, since this one is timed for valentine's day and the deadline is so close to that and we still have to compress and vote and get everything together, we can't afford to have late entries.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-09 21:10:04

I am reallllly workin hard to finish mine. I kinda waited till the last minute cuz of school work. Oh jeez.....well if worst comes to worst and i cant get mine finished somebody else will have to submit it... But ill probably have mine finihsed.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 01:06:16

...well, odds are I won't get done in time... but... here's a dude from mine!

5 Shades of Red Collab!

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 01:17:53

am i unbanned yet?

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 01:26:43

for runeaura, i started about 15 hours ago

and this is what i have as of 1:22 AM

6 finished levels, and 1 unfinished (need to work on 4 custom animations for unfinished level)

i want to know if my levels work, if i need to fix anything etc, because i kinda stretched the rules in one or two but i want to know that they will work with your engine. so here is what i have so far, fla- each frame is a different level, and there are 3 layers. one for aesthetic appearance, one for brick location, and another for addition aesthetics to be placed above other graphics (some transparency)

you have to stop the file on a specific frame to predict how it looks
http://users.ameritech.net/jello_o/leveldesign.fla

please tell me if i am doing this right? :D

thx

p.s. i still intend to do 50, however if you want you can change the requirements... lol

i will increase pace as needed nyway

-unbanned, jello_i

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 04:15:39

At 2/10/05 01:06 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...well, odds are I won't get done in time... but... here's a dude from mine!

WOW that looks sweet man....!

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 04:16:46

Sorry for the double post,

but does any one have any nice suggestions for a back ground song...!?

Movie is about a teddy bear that beats up an easter bunny....

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 04:49:23

Not long to go now!!

I'm very excited.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 11:32:20

At 2/10/05 04:16 AM, Mister_b wrote: Sorry for the double post,

Janes addicton, been caught stealing...
well, thats just random, but what the fuck.

Yeah, well i would need to see the movie to judge that.
Music i am using:
prodigy - Voodo people
tom jones - not un-usual

I am working on mine now, fixing some stuff, and im gonna put it all in a movieclip, so tonight (or today, or at least for you) i would like to talk to one of you to help me with it.

I'm sending it to you tomorrow, myname.

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 13:36:19

finished :)

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 14:07:24

At 2/10/05 04:16 AM, Mister_b wrote: Sorry for the double post,

howbout dust brothers - space monkeys?

and i mean the second half, the clown bit

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 15:03:57

ReNaeNae- Wow, Looks awesome, probley the best one yet. I hope you can manage to finish. It would be a great loss to this collab, but if you cant finish it dont stress over it or anything.

Inglor- Horray, you pulled through, I was worried that you might have died or something.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 15:11:05

At 2/10/05 01:06 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...well, odds are I won't get done in time... but... here's a dude from mine!

O
M
F
G

(z0r)

That's amazing. You have to submit yours, that's f'in amazing.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 16:26:11

Isn't this the five shades of red... Sweet character though. Props.

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 18:23:48

At 2/10/05 01:26 AM, jello_i wrote: for runeaura, i started about 15 hours ago

thanks!

6 finished levels, and 1 unfinished (need to work on 4 custom animations for unfinished level)

please tell me if i am doing this right? :D

god, i hate rejecting stuff... all i need is block placement and where there supposed to move!

thx

no, thank you!

p.s. i still intend to do 50, however if you want you can change the requirements... lol

i was only planning for 20 for collab anyway... but i want the levels!

i will increase pace as needed nyway

-unbanned, jello_i

well thanks a bunch... but all i need is block placment! i have walls that could move around... i just got back from playing super smash bros. and i'm doing my best to copy the "hit the targets challenges" (targets being replaced by hearts) and the "get onto the platforms whatever it is"

And as he lay dying he whispered,

"I wonder if they'll write a song about me."

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 18:52:40

AHHH!!!

I'm so sick of making levels! prepare for the ultimate show of lazyness!

I'm making randomly generated levels! So it might be impossible to complete levels!

MWA HA HA!

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 19:00:55

At 2/10/05 06:52 PM, RuneAura wrote: AHHH!!!

I'm making randomly generated levels! So it might be impossible to complete levels!

MWA HA HA!

:P

ok lucky, cuz i havent done any more levels hahaha

nyways you should post a better explanation of what you want, if you still want me to make stuff, and a pic maybe?

or like, you could send me examples, like greedo's stuff?

lol actually that is strangely a relief, making those levels was a major pain.

you dont think you could still use a couple though? like the cloud one? i just really love the moving cloud thing...

maybe as a bonus level? :D

nyways, im not doing any more work for now

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 22:17:50

At 2/10/05 06:52 PM, RuneAura wrote: AHHH!!!

MWA HA HA!

a little but more info on this... there will be different sets of parts for the randomly generated levels.

a little bit of pointless info!

set 1 engine
start and end opposite corners
platform that takes you half way up level stays on character half of level (horozantal position random to an extent)
wall that moves from top of level to bottom of level constantly (horizantal position random)
other random platforms and walls (completly random horozantal and vertical)

set 2 engine
end over start
3 walls that move verticaly (horozantal position random)
3 platforms that move diagonly (completly random)
set of platforms to go inbetween character and start

set 3 engine
ummm.... to be announced?

well anyway if anyone has ideas for the rules of a level engine set i'd appreciate it.
please tell me how many platforms of what they do and what should be there random placement
im doing my best to make rules of engine make it possible to complete level

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 23:41:37

...thanks guys! but ...it's official, I'm out, sorry! ...here's another character tho... just for fun.

5 Shades of Red Collab!

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-10 23:57:03

Nooooooooooo!!!

Seriously, that has got to be the coolest guy ive seen using 5 shades of Red. Major loss, for the collab, I reckon.

It's not your fault you've been too busy to finish on time.

Is it possible for that entry to be added after the collab is submitted? It's just so freakin good, and people would want to view the collab again just to see it.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 00:26:42

At 2/10/05 11:41 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...thanks guys! but ...it's official, I'm out, sorry! ...here's another character tho... just for fun.

elvis costello?

:P

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 06:43:25

At 2/10/05 11:41 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...thanks guys! but ...it's official, I'm out, sorry! ...here's another character tho... just for fun.

aaah! It's so good! Damn.... damn. damn. i have to finish mine today. It should take a while....damn.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 08:54:01

Slowly getting mine done...almost there, I should be able to finish it by the deadline.

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 11:21:36

Ok ok, I'm going blind from sifting through all these pages so I'll just be a n00b and ask:

I finished my SoR 38 second long cartoon (I hope it makes it) and now need to know a few quick things.
1) There are symbols and such that go off the stage, but they'll still be there if I make the whole thing a movie clip. Should I put a mask over the whole thing? Or will it be set to the stage size once the final is done? (I assume it'll be okay the way it is)
2) Did anyone determine who's voting/what decides which animations get in the final version?
3) I think that's it. Sorry if I'm repeating an already answered question. Good luck to everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 11:46:41

Not sure about the masking but for the voting...everybody who enters gets to vote for their favorite to my knowledge :)

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 11:58:23

At 2/11/05 11:46 AM, Valtrix wrote: Not sure about the masking but for the voting...everybody who enters gets to vote for their favorite to my knowledge :)

Their favorite aka their own? =)
I assume you have to vote for someone else's...

Also while I'm at it, mynamewontfitin said to center the final movie clip on the stage. Mine, when centered to the stage, is off because of the symbols hanging off the edge. Should I just center it how it's supposed to be centered?

BBS Signature

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 12:05:31

Just pretend like your MC is the stage, so play it that way. Also, make sure your symbols are uniquely named, etc. As for voting, You pick your 4 favorites(excluding your own) and the people who get the most votes win (Myname automatically gets in because he sets everything up:P Don't worry, his is good though).

Response to 5 Shades of Red Collab! 2005-02-11 12:28:22

Sounds good. Yeah, I put _SpaceChicken after every one of my symbols, so hopefully that'll be unique enough =)

So when does this joyous voting take place? (And how many total make the cut?) I assume there are a whole freak load of people entering... I just don't want to miss out on getting my opinion voiced!

BBS Signature