00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkirby888 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saddest Video Game Moment

11,078 Views | 240 Replies

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 14:53:53

In RE4, when Luis is stabbed through the chest from the back. I really wanted that antidote too.

In Gun when you meet the preacher for the second time, he slits Jenny's throat followed by you having a bottle cracked over your head.

In Tales of Symphonia, You enter one of the last fortresses and all you firends which spent money on and spent time leveling up the entire game start dieing one by one.

That one time in Tony Hawk when I had a 5,000,000 point combo going before ending it in a faceplant.

When Chrono died in Chrono Trigger. I was like, "HE CAN'T DIE! HE'S IN THE FUCKING TITLE!"

In Beyond Good and Evil, after getting the second flight stabilizer, you return to the lighthouse, and all the kids have been kidnapped and the Alpha Sections destroyed your entire island. That is one sad scene.

"Anything coming must automatically give way to your perfection, your anger, your awesomeness. The world must yield." -- Best Fortune Cookie Ever ; -[AXP]-

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:07:54

I dunno for me, another close call was at the begining of Wing Commander 3. I remember I was all excited about flying off the old TCS Concordia again with Admiral Tolwyn, Angel, and the rest of the group... only to find out in the opening movie that the Concordia has been completely destroyed, Tolwyn is a staff admiral now instead of a fleet admiral, Angel has been captured and executed, most of the crew of the Concordia died on board... and the biggest salt in the open wound... you get transferred to a crappy out-of-date light carrier... kind of a far cry from the frontline fighting Dreadnought...

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:12:04

I was sad at the ending of MGS2 cause Konami had a dog tag with MY name on it.

Well, fuck it. :) Have a laugh.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:16:45

this one time when I was playing Animal Crossing, one of my best animal friends moved away :'(

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:17:04

At 7/21/06 02:47 PM, spawn00 wrote: The saddest for me was the end of kingdom hearts 2, sorry but it was so sad...

I feel you, brother. I agree. At least it was a happy ending. I almost cried at the end of kh1 when kairi sees that sora drew himslef giving kairi the poupo (is that how you spell it?) fruit, and she starts crying. That was a real sweet scene.

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if 'Q' and 'R' were eliminated.

Yes, officer, he does bite.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:24:37

I just figured two more. Axel's death in KH2 was pretty sad. Also the incomplete ending of FFX-2 was pretty sad.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:27:29

A lot of Squenix'a games are sad. The beginning of KH2 saddened me. Like when Roxas found out he wasn't supposed to exist, and no one on the whole island remember Sora. I was a saaaaaaad panda. Axels death sucked too. He was sweet.

hurrrddurrrrrrrr

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:29:16

I'd have to say the ending for MGS3 was probably the most memorable.

o_O

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:34:59

At 7/21/06 02:53 PM, Ganondorf wrote:

In Tales of Symphonia, You enter one of the last fortresses and all you firends which spent money on and spent time leveling up the entire game start dieing one by one.

Damn straight. When I was going through that spot, I didn't cry, but I was getting MAJORLY depressed. Who wouldn't, after seeing the main characters die pathetic deaths one by one?

ZSC/FE Crews

NG Mafia/Survival RPG

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:35:16

I didn't cry but felt bad in Warcraft III (full) when arthas kills his father. personaly i think Warcraft III have best storyline.

"-Your'e not my brother anymore Illidan "

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:39:46

At 7/21/06 03:35 PM, DiabloClock wrote: I didn't cry but felt bad in Warcraft III (full) when arthas kills his father. personaly i think Warcraft III have best storyline.

I agree whit that too

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:42:30

At 7/21/06 03:27 PM, -Sykes- wrote: A lot of Squenix'a games are sad. The beginning of KH2 saddened me. Like when Roxas found out he wasn't supposed to exist, and no one on the whole island remember Sora. I was a saaaaaaad panda. Axels death sucked too. He was sweet.

I posted all those before you thief >_>
Kingdom Hearts games are basically sad because of certain deaths all the time and Sora being seperated from Kairi and Riku all the time. Also those orginasation members act like bitches.

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:46:55

When that demo CD i got in the mail from Underground wiped out every game file i had in my PS2 memory card. A huge part of my soul died on the spot.
:'( x99999999999999999

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 15:57:28

I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved on legendary and I was kicking ass when all of a sudden my mother yelled at me to get off the game and get in the car. I wasn't paying attention when i got up and turned the X-box off. After a few seconds i realized it. I NEVER SAVED!! I was through at least half the game, and i had to start all over again. Twas a sad moment indeed.

You want somethin' done right you gotta dooooooooooooit yourself!

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:01:41

At 7/21/06 03:57 PM, ManciniProductions wrote: I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved on legendary and I was kicking ass when all of a sudden my mother yelled at me to get off the game and get in the car. I wasn't paying attention when i got up and turned the X-box off. After a few seconds i realized it. I NEVER SAVED!! I was through at least half the game, and i had to start all over again. Twas a sad moment indeed.

I guess the worst one for me was when I was playing Pearl Harbor... I SPENT HOURS TRYING TO SAVE THE ARIZONA ONLY TO HAVE IT BLOW UP IN MY FACE!!!

I know its probably impossible, BUT DAMN MAN!

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:06:17

I never play games with plots like Final Fantasy or Kingdom of Hearts, just goold old Unreal Tournament for me.

But once I was playing Mission Mode on Americas Army, I killed all those cardboard people and I still wasn't good enough. It made me mad.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:14:41

At 7/21/06 12:25 AM, Starwind02506 wrote: at the end of Devil may cry 3 when vergil fell in the pit .
it made me think of my brother

I hope you relise he didn't die. If you kil 100 or more enemies during the credits you will unlock a secret scean and Virgil finds a portal to the demon world and goes into it.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:19:23

I´ve got mad when i was playing Diablo, with my Necromancer level 79 hardcore, when he got killed during a stupid lag, damn

Pimpin ain´t easy.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:21:42

At 7/21/06 03:35 PM, DiabloClock wrote: I didn't cry but felt bad in Warcraft III (full) when arthas kills his father. personaly i think Warcraft III have best storyline.

yeah you´re right, but the move had such nice graphics that I wans´t really sad

Pimpin ain´t easy.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:35:59

In kingdom under fire, at the end, when Rupert (I think that's his name) gets killed by the last boss (I think his name is Regnier or something like that).

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:43:13

almost every part in kingdom hearts 1 and 2 the two best games ever!

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 16:48:28

At 7/20/06 11:22 PM, General_Ivan wrote: When i found out samus was a chick.

lol ditto!

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:13:38

hmm, lets list

FF4: Pretty much every scene where someone dies. Although it did get repetetive.

FF7: The scenes where Aeris and Zack die.

MGS: where meryl dies (My question is, since the otacon ending is the one that the series continues off of, then what is Meryl doing in MGS4?)

MGS2: When Emma dies. When Ninja dies.

MGS3: Ending

Ninja Gaiden: When Ryu fails to save everyone.

Psychonauts: Opening all the vaults and seeing all the secret tragedies in the characters' lives. Also, finding out that Ford looses his mind when he leaves his sanctuary.

Indigo Prophecy: When Tiffany dies after you go to all that work

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:15:29

When i was playing pokemon blue as a child and i thought pidgey died but he only fainted so i was happy.

I did cry.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:19:11

I only cried when I lost my saves on any game, its the most frustrating thing ever.
Or when I had to play a game and get really far without dying. Dying was hard and emotional.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:24:12

I cried when Jen died in Prey. . .

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:24:33

I almost cried when I beat Doom 2. I had played it when I was 10 y/o, and vowed to beat it. I recently bought it, and after a few weeks, beat it. One of my childhood goals completed.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:35:07

I almost cried when Tidus finds out Yuna is gonna die after the pilgrimage in FFX, and when i beat FFX in like a week because i thought it was gonna be so hard...and after you beat the game of anything then you probably never feel like playing it again...esspecialy like final fantasy because they don't have any other playing modes...oh yeah and when Jecht voulennteers to be Braskas fayth, so Jecht dies...for some reason that was sad too

And I also almost cried when the guy who looks like Tidus dies...I only almost cried because he looked like Tidus, i didn't relize it wasn't Tidus..that was in FFX-2

and in FF7 when Aeris died...that was sad too....And if you didnt relize already...I LIKE FINAL FANTASY

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:36:25

when dat nigga got shot

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-21 17:36:25

When Pey'J was kidnapped in Beyond Good & Evil. :(

BBS Signature