00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PANOZWAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Saddest Video Game Moment

11,079 Views | 240 Replies

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 10:15:09

ending to FFX or beginning of kingdom hearts 2.

Awesome post great job!

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:09:48

Well, I was playing Ocarina of Time, and I was going to the Temple of Time to pull out the Master Sword for the first time... I got delayed and I couldn't do it for a while.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:22:01

When Toshiko Kasen comitted suicide in Liberty City Stories that was unexpected. If I would have thought she was a kick-ass character I would have thought it was more upsetting. The ending of FFX is pretty upsetting aswell as parts of Kingdom hearts.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:25:48

At 7/22/06 10:06 AM, HeinekenClock wrote: http://objection.4camp.net/go.php?n=93527

OBJECTION!!!!

Phoenix:
People who waste time making worthless flashes to make fun of other people and/or annoy the shit out of them with the crappiness of it are the most pathetic people alive and, unlike the pussies, should be shot dead because they will never contribute ANYTHING to society.

Judge:
The Objection is sustained!

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:33:52

At 7/22/06 09:22 AM, Bob_The_Dark_One wrote: Those who played KH2 will recognise this.

"Looks like my summer vacation... Is over..." :(

(MAJOR SPOILERS IN LINK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnooH1OzCOc

"w-we're back"
"you're home"
tetsuya nomura made me gay for riku

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:38:02

"Thank you, but our princess is in another castle"

Gets me every time.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:38:45

Kingdom Hearts, the ending... so cheesy, so tear jerking... sniff.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:44:27

At 7/22/06 09:22 AM, Bob_The_Dark_One wrote: "Looks like my summer vacation... Is over..." :(

Yup, pretty sad one there. poor, poor roxas :(

Swing a Little more!

.. ROCK OUT!

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 11:54:57

the end theme for Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64 version, dont know about the X-box remake) is pretty damn depressing. also for some reason the end theme of Yoshie's Story got me down as well.
e-v

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:03:14

At 7/22/06 11:25 AM, StCyril wrote: OBJECTION!!!!

Phoenix:
People who waste time making worthless flashes to make fun of other people and/or annoy the shit out of them with the crappiness of it are the most pathetic people alive and, unlike the pussies, should be shot dead because they will never contribute ANYTHING to society.

Judge:
The Objection is sustained!

http://objection.4camp.net You can make your own there...

Anyway, I don't cry during sad moments in video games because that's all they are, video games...it's not something happening in real life...but something like having your save file corrupted right before the end would suck

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:05:43

When I beat Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest and had to watch the ending which was absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:28:41

Everyone is hovering around the same games. Anyways, only two games really brought me close to crying, and maybe yanked a tear or two out of me.

What about Secret of Mana, when the orange haired dwarf dies? That's damn sad.

Chrono Trigger when they finally revive Crono on the snowy peak.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:50:56

when i defeated bowser only to find toad and hear *thank you mario! but the princess is in another castle* i think i cried

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:53:13

At the end of Shadow of the Collusus where the horse dies. That was very sad :(

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 12:58:25

Do videogame books count? Well, in the Halo novel Fall of Reach, a really sad part was when Master Chief and 2 of his spartan friends encountered the Covenat for the first time on board one of their ships. One of them got shot by a jackal in the side, so his suit was breached and he couldn't get off without dying. So they planted a bomb and Sam had to stay back. Just the way they write everything in those books...It's amazing.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 13:25:23

At the end of ESIV: Oblivion, when Martin becomes the Avatar of Akatosh and turns into a statue after killing Mehrunes Dagon. I didn't cry, but I was kind of all "Dude, what? Come on!"

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-22 13:30:43

At 7/20/06 11:14 PM, StCyril wrote: Did anyone every get to a point in a game where they cried? Or came close? I personally came close during Final Fantasy 7 right as Aerith gets stabbed... I'm sorry but the music they played and everything made it hard to hold it back the first time I played through... plus the two guys who were there watching were welling up, I saw them try to hold it back!

Funny when I read the thread title before I read the post I was thinking that exact same part, or just after it when clouds laying her down in the water that was so upsetting.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:15:55

i didn't cry during it, but the ending of The Legend of Dragoon was a bit sad. Also when Lavitz was killed. The ending was worse, though, because you get so psyched up thinking you've won, and then you lose two of the folks you thought would make it.
However, the saddest part of the game was when Linus died. Then again, she was an idiot anyways, so meh.
I haven't gotten to that part of FFVII yet, but I'll probably laugh my ass off.
Now that I think about it, it seems that both Legend of Dragoon and FFVII have points where somebody close to the main character dies. Coincidence?

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:28:48

At 7/20/06 11:25 PM, DeadPixels wrote: Endings of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are quite emotional.

Yup i agree

But the most recent 1 was the end of Metal Gear Acid 2! how Venus and Snake were both Test Subjects and how they both fought each other! and then they all lived after and snake was told how he might lose his memory again as his nano chip isnt stable!. And might Die any day!

AWESOME game

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:38:13

i dont cry during video games i laugh at them lol.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:38:58

Saddest moment, in all of videogame history?

I think we all know what that moment is. No doubt in my mind, no doubt at all.

Saddest Video Game Moment

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:51:24

A Lot OF YOu guys posted i cried on everything you guys posted like FF7,Metal Gear 2 and 3,SPLINTER CELL etc. im too lazy to type all the games i cried at also on Resident evil 4 when Luis Dies.

my own
Indigo Prophecy when Lucas Girlfriend died at the Roller Coster and Tyler leaves the game.

especially the Santa Monica Song Made Me Sing Along and little tears on my eye i dint even noticed it also when the murdered guy on the first chapter killed.
please dont call me a fag or gay.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 07:54:27

Brothers In Arms Road To Hill 30 and the 2nd part
when the teamates dies especially the one with the glasses.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 08:02:03

I never understood why in FF7 you could never give Aeris a pheonix down >:(

The saddest moment in a game for me?? um. There was this ww2 game I was playing (ww2 online). We were the Allies who were holding off a base for over an hour, but then were overun by bombings and paratroopers. It was sad because everyone was trying haed as we needed the base. In the end many of us were told by HC (High command) to just leave. So we were on the back of a bedford looking at our little town go to the ground ;_;

many of us started there too so no wonder we wanted ot keep it. It had a lot of stuff.

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 09:24:23

When I was younger, for some reason in Monkey Island 2, I would feel rather moved when you resurrect that cook guy back from the dead...I think it has something to do with the music, it just really hit me in the heart. I don't think I ever cried about it though.

Also when I first played Halo on my own, there'd always be a moment of sadness when I'd realise I'd lost all my team mates and I was all alone.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-23 09:28:01

At 7/22/06 01:27 PM, -Grubby- wrote: Also Kungfucow's sad moment is my sad moment too, and I almost cried after that. Sam was a really good friend too, and I think that John should have died with him.

Live to fight another day.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-24 01:06:41

I shead a tear when I beat Zelda OOT.I shead a tear on Shadow The Hedgehog can't remember why.when I beat Mario 64 the first time around other games too but I can't remember why or what games

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-24 01:07:31

I cried when i went to get Zelda and I only had $80.

BBS Signature

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-24 01:18:56

At 7/21/06 12:13 AM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: I occasionally cry in laughter during 3-way Halo 2 games with my brothers. Occasional splattering can get funny the way it ticks one of them off.

yea its even better when your name is something like "a gay guy" or "a hooker" you see "you splattered a hooker" or "you beat down a hooker"

"One time I drew a picture of Flanders giving birth to Mikey, the lovable fat kid from Disney's Recess.

The amounts of semen I sprayed, was simply put, a miracle."

Response to Saddest Video Game Moment 2006-07-24 01:52:23

At 7/24/06 01:06 AM, CKSpawn wrote: I shead a tear on Shadow The Hedgehog can't remember why

Because it sucked. Anyways, no, I've never shed a tear at a game, I guess I'm just a heartless bastard.

BBS Signature