00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

hyperheartcom just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAC6 - October

42,216 Views | 459 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 10:51:49

Hmm...I guess I'll submit my only Christmas-ish song.

Sweet Harmony

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 11:52:11

Written purely for this contest:
Christmas Time - Presents!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 12:57:14

count me in!!!

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 13:07:19

250 bucks for the best christmas song?

wow... just wow...

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 13:14:20

Well, it looks like Tom decided to put up the stakes quite ALOT for this months contest!!!
Check out this news thread (in case you´ve missed it by some reason...).

This mean the Complete Award List looks like this;

§ - Best original (non-cover/remix) christmas-song will recieve 250$

§ - Top five entries (regardless of audio being original or cover) will each recieve a Newgrounds T-shirt along with some stickers.

§ - Frontpagespots for the highest ranked original song, and highest ranked cover (I suspect quite a few covers will enter this contest....).

§ - A sig-pic with the winners name on it, made by Metalcan, wich everyone are allowed and incouraged to "wear" to celebrate the winner (and promote the contest along with the Audio Forum:)!

§ - Exactly how the winner will be announced is unclear at this moment, but altr from radiogrounds.com will make a show based on this thread one way or another! More information about this will follow.

About the Judging

At 10/6/06 06:33 AM, Rucklo wrote: - The judging will be done similiar to the previous MAC´s.

If you haven´t been around for the previous MAC´s, here´s how the judging is done;

- First me and LJCoffee pick the judges. For this contest, we will have 10 judges, all to make it as fair as possible.

- All judges who accept the request will stay anonymous for the public and to other judges as well. Only me and LJCoffee will know who the judges are.

- Along with the 10 judges, we will make a list of backup-judges.

- We will narrow down the submissions to 20 audios, so that these 20 submissions can get as high judge/song ratio as possible.

- In time, the judges will recieve instructions for the judging. Basicly, we have a system for this already, made by LJCoffee; An "adjusted overall" is calculated (with the nifty flash based MAC calculator LJCoffee created for the previous show. He´s a genious, that guy, in case you didn´t know... :). Five categories, each equally worthy are calculated to make an average.

- Each song will this contest recieve at least four different judgements. The four adjusted overall score will be calculated to yet another average.

- The judges will send their results to both me and LJCoffee, and we´ll calculate the scores individually, making sure there are no screw-ups :)

- Each judge is asked to make a short review of the audios he/she judge. This is where certain scores can be explained, or whatever. The reviews will be presented in this thread when the contest is over.

- All these steps are so that the contest will end up being as fair as possible.

- The Chief Judge is LJCoffee. He created the MAC score-judging system (based on the present audio-review system).

- There might be minor changes in the system, but this is how it basicly will look like.

MAC6 - October Crewmembers and their function.
LJCoffee - Chief Judge, creator of the judging score-system. second in command of the MAC6 - Oct.

DarKsidE555 - Listmaster, updates the list, with new entries marked up.

Gooch - BBS Moderator, takes care of spam, irrelevant posts etc.

altr - Radioman, will make a broadcast of the contest, if it will be the announcing of the top 20 or something else is at this point not decided.

Metalcan - Sig-pic maker, a damn good one too! He´s been making the sig-pics for all MAC´s so far.

Denvish - BBS Moderator, puts the best audio on the frontpage.

TomFulp - Provides the awards along with creating/managing this website, newgrounds.com

Rucklo - Contest manager.

Along with 10 anonymous judges, whos identity will be revealed as soon as the top 20 is announced.

If there are any more contributors to the managing of this contest, the list will be updated :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 14:04:50

with ten judges, I for one would like to discuss a certain rule in previous MAC's. Judges are not allowed to submit? 10 judges means 10 potential songs to compete and with an actual money prize that is going to make many judges not want to judge. I think a system configuration should occur to confront this problem.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 14:42:53

Two questions...

What are the rules for collabs? Are we allowed to work with another person to create an entry for this contest?

And second...

When is the final deadline, when our song has to be submitted?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 14:44:50

At 10/9/06 02:42 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Two questions...

What are the rules for collabs? Are we allowed to work with another person to create an entry for this contest?

I don't know that one, but i think theyve been done before.

And second...

the last day of october. i.e 0000 Nov 1 wouldn't count.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 14:54:43

At 10/9/06 02:04 PM, MaestroRage wrote: with ten judges, I for one would like to discuss a certain rule in previous MAC's. Judges are not allowed to submit? 10 judges means 10 potential songs to compete and with an actual money prize that is going to make many judges not want to judge. I think a system configuration should occur to confront this problem.

Yeah, this rule may have to be discussed further.... At least when the awards are more significant then the previous MAC´s.

All judges are anonymous to each other too, meaning noone know who judge. I guess it´s not impossible to let judges judge songs other then their own, but then again, if you wanna compete - don´t apply for judging...

I´d personally like to join this contest too (if having the time to fulfill a song) but seing myself being one out of two who actually picks the judges, I guess I´ll have to make an x-mas song and add it to the collection instead of competing :´(

Allowing judges to compete would still create kind of a grey-zone, since as a judge one would have the power to alter the outcome in a contest one participate... I don´t like that personally.
I will think about it though, and consult with the Chief Judge LJCoffee. :) We´ll let you ppl know as soon as we´ve come to a final conclution.

If you are a potential judge/thinking about voulenteering for this task, think again.

Also remember that if we decide that th judging=no contesting rule will stay, and find out you´ve used an alt to enter the contest/judging (meaning you as a person are doing BOTH) you will be reported to the NG staff. Since this contest involve prizemoney, I would expect the staff to come down hard on any offenders...

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 15:20:05

i have been taking a look at the old Mac6 sigs and i thought maybe i could have a go at making one. Rucklo could you maybe PM a list of things to put on the sig? I dont mind if you dont use it but i thought i might waste some time on something interesting.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 15:23:17

At 10/9/06 02:42 PM, Kirizzle wrote: Two questions...

Yes, collabs are allowed. However, if collaborating you may not sign up any more contest entries, since the collab would count as "yours". Same thing goes for the one you´re doing the collab with. This is so that we won´t get six entries that one and the same author have had a finger in the dealings with...

So the rules is still basicly "one entry/individual"

Like Pitbulljones said, 1 nov.
I should have been clearer about this in the first post, sry;

- Your audio must be submitted AP in october

- Your audio must be signed up in this thread according to the rules (and with a link, important!!!) and in october (meaning signup close as soon as october turns november)

At 10/9/06 02:51 PM, Deflektor76 wrote:
So, if i get the point, we can submit only ONE piece for the contest, but we can submit several for the audio collection, right? And if so, are we allowed to submit an old submission (x-mas related, of course) to the audio collection?

Yeah you are definitley incouraged to do that! Seeing as there is no previous "christmas collection" I would encourage everyone who have an old "x-mas song" lying around to submit it to the collection.
If only in the collection, however, you are NOT competing in the MAC6 - October! But you´ll have a greater chanse of getting your submission in a future flash x-mas animation :)

Hell, thinking about it, I have an old x-mas remake I´d like to submit to the collection^^

NON CONTESTANT Rucklo - Heigh-Ho (Remake/Cover)
The original is from the soundtrack of the old Disney-animation "Snow White and the seven dwarves". I do not know who the original author is, couldn´t find that out not even with the help of google ^^ However, I assume Disney own the rights to the original from the movie. My version is 100% cover, with only original synth-sounds and vocals created by me (and my friends :), and samples from Reason´s Factory Soundbank.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 15:26:05

At 10/9/06 03:20 PM, TwistedIllusions wrote: i have been taking a look at the old Mac6 sigs and i thought maybe i could have a go at making one. Rucklo could you maybe PM a list of things to put on the sig? I dont mind if you dont use it but i thought i might waste some time on something interesting.

Thanx alot for the offer man, but Metalcan have already been asked to make the sig-pic. He´ve done the sig-pic for the previous ones as well...

However, if you feel creative, why not make a MAC6 - October logo? Would be cool to have one on the first post for the future MAC´s. :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 15:31:27

At 10/9/06 03:26 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 10/9/06 03:20 PM, TwistedIllusions wrote:
Thanx alot for the offer man........

Sure can you PM me a few ideas for the sig?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 15:53:40

Yiiiikes!

$250 bucks?

I wish you guys had that sorta prize set up when I won back in July.

:(

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 16:05:01

At 10/9/06 03:53 PM, Contraptionite wrote: Yiiiikes!

$250 bucks?

I wish you guys had that sorta prize set up when I won back in July.

(

I truly know the feeling, truly.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 16:16:41

At 10/9/06 04:05 PM, Arbiter wrote:

Why, didnt you get a cash prize for your tankmen theme?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 16:18:57

At 10/9/06 04:16 PM, TwistedIllusions wrote:

He didn't. October will be the first time it's introduced.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 16:20:25

At 10/9/06 04:18 PM, Contraptionite wrote:

Wow good luck to whoever wins this contest!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 16:36:12

At 10/9/06 04:18 PM, Contraptionite wrote:

Yep. That and the august contest had actually two different "classes", one "independent judging" that us regular users took care of, and one part where Utah will use whatever submission(s) he choose for a future TANKMEN flash. This part is yet to be decided what it´ll be... :) On the second post in this thread you can find links to previous MAC´s and other Audio contests based in the Audio Forum.

just keep an eye on the frontpage, I´m sure next TANKMEN will grab a spot there when it´s done ^^

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 17:51:24

At 10/9/06 05:29 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: What surprises me is the prize for the winner. I know it was this way for the best flashes, but for the audios?! I thought the contest wouldn't be important enough for them to make it that way!

Yeah well it's great motivation to make an awesome track. I know I'll be trying my hardest.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 18:10:18

the painful ironicitic (?) thing of it is that i was working on one already! LOL!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 19:16:36

At 10/6/06 06:32 AM, Rucklo wrote: Blabla </quote>

I would like to judge please :) Although I'm very busy with school (DJ/Producer study @ university. PopAcadamy Leeuwarden, search for it:) i'm still spendin 24/7 making and/or listening music :) + I like to piss people off, that's a good reason? :D ;)

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 23:32:04

To all others that may be interested in judging - please send a PM to Rucklo and/or I.

PLEASE do not post your request to be a judge in this topic - the judges really should remain anonymous until after the contest is over.

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-09 23:33:58

At 10/9/06 07:16 PM, DJRunaway wrote: I would like to judge please :) Although I'm very busy with school (DJ/Producer study @ university. PopAcadamy Leeuwarden, search for it:) i'm still spendin 24/7 making and/or listening music :) +

wow, DJR wanting to judge. impressive. *clap clap*.

I like to piss people off, that's a good reason? :D ;)

amen. lol

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-10 12:30:23

Hahah that sounds great, I hope I will find something good. (I probably won't).

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-10 21:58:52

This is my entry to the Christmas Contest.

The Assassians Christmas

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 18:14:14

So.... If i want to submit to the contest... I put my submission on NGAP and then post a link... or what?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 18:20:39

At 10/11/06 06:14 PM, xlash wrote: So.... If i want to submit to the contest... I put my submission on NGAP and then post a link... or what?

you are correct!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 18:34:47

Here is my entry to the X-Mass contest

Click Here :)

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 18:40:05

At 10/11/06 06:34 PM, xlash wrote: Here is my entry to the X-Mass contest

Click Here :)

dude, the Christmas MAC isnt OUT YET! its not December!

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature