00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SourJovis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

MAC6 - October

42,180 Views | 459 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:13:46

At 10/11/06 06:40 PM, HouseMasta wrote:
At 10/11/06 06:34 PM, xlash wrote: Here is my entry to the X-Mass contest

Click Here :)
dude, the Christmas MAC isnt OUT YET! its not December!

Actually uhmm... The christmas MAC is this month... and doesn't accept submissions once it turns november... :P... if I read that correctly.

This is most likely to give Flash artists plenty of time to work on their pieces.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:18:17

At 10/11/06 08:13 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: Actually uhmm... The christmas MAC is this month... and doesn't accept submissions once it turns november... :P... if I read that correctly.

ahhhhh

This is most likely to give Flash artists plenty of time to work on their pieces.

bah! i mustve missed that part :(

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:19:05

Just gotta ask if you´re trying to make a lame joke or what?
this IS the x-mas MAC.... In case you AREN´T joking, read the first two posts in this thread I wrote...

dude... when it´s december, there will be a totally different MAC, or no MAC at all even...

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:20:49

im sorry!!! i misread! *Sigh* too much time away from the AF dose that to people. im sorry

»» HouseMasta «« PM

HOUSEMASTER: "OHH FUK!!! TEH COMMUNITY CHEZZT FORCLOZD ON MA BEEEEEEF JEERRRKKEEE!!! j0 GOZ 2 JAYL!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:24:22

At 10/11/06 08:13 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote:

Actually uhmm... The christmas MAC is this month... and doesn't accept submissions once it turns november... :P... if I read that correctly.

You read it wrong in that case. For the CONTEST, the submissions are accepted until the point where october 2006 siezes to exist...
I belive the first two posts are quite clear. If there is something you think sounds weird, please quote and question, and ou´ll get an answer!

Yes, one of the points with this thread is to get alot of x-mas audios out in good time, so the flash authors can pick n choose what they like to have in their x.mas flash.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:25:28

i get it all now. my fault. i had to reread it all. my bad >_<

»» HouseMasta «« PM

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 20:51:12

So it's Darkside that's doing the song lists? Where is he? Haha

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 21:32:09

At 10/11/06 08:51 PM, XBrav wrote: So it's Darkside that's doing the song lists? Where is he? Haha

hehe,. i´ll send him an angry PM with alot of >:( signs >:D

>:(

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 21:35:34

I'm thinking something completely new for this one guys... TRIBAL EPIC CHRISTMAS!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 21:42:24

At 10/11/06 09:32 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 10/11/06 08:51 PM, XBrav wrote: So it's Darkside that's doing the song lists? Where is he? Haha

Yeah I'm just curious because there aren't many yet, but soon this thread'll be filled again with a tonne of christmas tunes... and then keeping track will be like trying to sort out the genres in the AP :P

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 22:12:25

At 10/11/06 09:35 PM, MaestroRage wrote: I'm thinking something completely new for this one guys... TRIBAL EPIC CHRISTMAS!

Haha well... not haha, to e honest... X-mas is what you make of it, and if this is wat you make of it, then fine.... it´s x-mas for you.
However, do note that me and LJC have the supreme power to exclude audios if we consider them to be non-xmasish at all. This si so we do not get crap in this collection.

And yes, I do get your little Tribal thing right, I do assume that it´s a joke (?) but since you brought the issue up, I figured I might as well take it seriously ;)

At 10/11/06 09:42 PM, XBrav wrote:
At 10/11/06 09:32 PM, Rucklo wrote:

Yeah I'm just curious because there aren't many yet, but soon this thread'll be filled again with a tonne of christmas tunes... and then keeping track will be like trying to sort out the genres in the AP :P

Yeah That´s definitley what I´m hoping for, to et a massive x-mas audio collection, mainly for flash authors benefit.
Remember that its not that long ago this thread was basuned out, and more importantlyeven less (days) that Tom frontpage-mentioned it!

I definitley hope to see alot of contestants, and also loads of contributions to the pure "collection" later on, but only you guys can decide wether you like it or not.

Remember that if you want to enter with an old submissions ot the collection thread, it does not have to be your own, you are free to add other AP x-mas songs to the collection!!!

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 22:12:51

Hi my friends... I'm back momentarily.

It's against my better judgement to submit so early... but when I heard about this Christmas Contest... my eyes went large and my head was spinning. This is something I really felt needed to be done. This piece captures everything I hold dear in Christmas.

Anyway... without further Constraint.

"The Purest Winter" By Milkman-Dan

Submitted for the Christmas Contest.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 22:17:57

That is by FAR the most originalistist of Christmas songs ever...

damn...

up yours Dan, now I have to trash my song and make something completely new...

TEN HOURS OF WORK DAN... TEN HOURS!

That 250 bucks isn't yours yet >_>.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 22:21:36

At 10/11/06 10:12 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote:
"The Purest Winter" By Milkman-Dan

Submitted for the Christmas Contest.

[/reviewed]

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-11 22:44:28

erm... um... lol? wait! >:( CONFUZZLE! :D

srry, had to get that out, now where was i? OH YES! Here's something I made. It's for a friend of mine... ... ... ...OKAY! so he's my 73 YR OLD GrAhNdAd! sheezh.!

LINQUAGE -------> THE FLIPPING SONG OMG LOL >:(

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 06:59:13

LJCoffee and I have discussed the matter of judges being able to enter the contest, and we came to the conclution that it´s a NO on this matter.

This mean, like Maestro Rage point out that there are 10 potential artists that wont submit to the contest (they can still submit to the collection, mind you all:), but that´s just the way it´s going to be.

There are a couple of reasons for this, the main one being that the judging might end up corrupted. And if one judge has a song and the power to vote, the only way to make it completeley fair would be to let every contestant vote. That would be great indeed, but for that we´d need an automated system (like the FP have tee hee.. :)

I won´t be submitting either (only to the collection... an not that i would have stood a real chanse :´( ), but other individuals from the MAC6 - oct. crew are free to do so.

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 07:28:29

Ok now you pesky little bastard! Have no fear teh allmigthy list master is here. >: (

Sry for the post delay but I had to pwn many no0bzorz on teh internoodle the last days...It was a hard fight but I pwned them all for great justice, wins...and cookies! >: (

Ok ok, nuff small talk, let's get it on I say. ;)

In the next updated list...NEW entries will be marked "bold", so that you guys can better see what's NEW. ;)

Also, PLZ keep in mind that I only put those submissions on the list which are stated as CONTESTANT / NON-CONTESTANT. Otherwise I don't except them (like Spikrodds entry)! Always remember to check back on the rules if you're not sure on something. Oh, and if something is wrong, correct me! I'm only human and I can make mistakes. Also, this list is friggin BIG, so have mercy. >: P

You can submit:

- 1 Audio for the contest
- 2 X-mas Audios for the collection thread (originals or covers)

Alrighty, thats it for now...last but not least the SUBMISSION List! OMFG!

Current list of entries / CONTESTANT...

Entries so> far: 4:

Classical submissions:

MilkMan-Dan - The Purest of Winters (original)

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

none so far

DnB submissions:

none so far

Ambient submissions:

none so far

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

none so far

Techno submissions:

fr3kn - The Assassians Christmas (original)

xlash - Snowman Dance (original)

Video Game submissions:

none so far

Jazz submissions:

XBrav - Christmas Time - Presents! (original)

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

none so far

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

Current list of entries / NON - CONTESTANT...

Entries so> far: 3:

Classical submissions:

none so far

Metal submissions:

none so far

General Rock submissions:

none so far

DnB submissions:

none so far

Ambient submissions:

VegetarianMeat - Sweet Harmony (original)

Deflektor76 - Blue Sanctuary (original)

Bluegrass submissions:

none so far

Industrial submissions:

none so far

Techno submissions:

Rucklo - High-Ho (Remake) (cover)

Video Game submissions:

none so far

Jazz submissions:

none so far

Trance submissions:

none so far

Dance submissions:

none so far

Miscellaneous submissions:

none so far

------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Entries Overall: 7

END OF LISTS.

Two lolls out of 5! >: (

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 08:27:36

Out of curiousity is it possible to form some form of Christmas account? I'd like to make a few covers, but in all honesty I don't like putting covers on my page, and I don't really want to flood it with Christmas toons in October. People are just not going to understand.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 08:39:35

At 10/12/06 07:28 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote: Ok now you pesky little bastard! Have no fear teh allmigthy list master is here. >: (

x-mas wish list!

- 1 Audio for the contest
- 2 X-mas Audios for the collection thread (originals or covers)

Remember that contest-entries CAN very well be covers too, but then you´re only competing of the virtual awards+stickers and t-shirts!

Nice list, but I want it to be more yellow >:(
(more entries, that is :)

Two lolls out of 5! >: (

whatever you say, boss!

At 10/12/06 08:27 AM, MaestroRage wrote: Out of curiousity is it possible to form some form of Christmas account? I'd like to make a few covers, but in all honesty I don't like putting covers on my page, and I don't really want to flood it with Christmas toons in October. People are just not going to understand.

Well, ya can always write in the description why you make x-mas covers in october...

Other then that, the thought of making a "MAC" account or something similiar have struck me once, but I couldn´t really motivate making one...
I suggest that if you don´t want the songs on your page, just make a new account and put them there. If you intend on entering the contest with one of the songs, just make sure you let at least me and LJCoffee know who you are, so that you don´t break the "don´t come around with crappy alts"-rule :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 11:37:35

I expected that being mentioned in the news along with 250 dollar prize would make a lot of audio artists that never post in the AF come here and check it out, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all! Mostly the AF regs or other common audio people are taking part in the contest and judging, which is what would have normally happened ANYWAY! I really would have liked to see more new faces/aliases/whatever =/

And what are you people doing by submitting your songs so early? That's not good strategy! You set the threshold and then everyone knows what they need to do to beat you! Everyone one of you should be spending the 2 weeks you still have left to perfect your songs and make them buttfucking tastic! The top 5 submissions are most likely going to be presented in a News thread when the contest is finished, and NGers will most likely listen to them, do we want them to hear decent work that was done in 2 days? Or something totally eargasmic to make them crap in their pants and know that audio artists mean business!?

Anyhow, I'd like to join the contest but I'm pretty sure there will be 5 more popular and skilled artists than I who will also be participating, and if I'm not going to get in the top 5 places when this thing is over, then it's not really worth the time. That and I have no fucking clue on how to make something sound "christmasy."

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 13:31:49

At 10/12/06 11:37 AM, Kirizzle wrote: I expected that being mentioned in the news along with 250 dollar prize would make a lot of audio artists that never post in the AF come here and check it out, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all! Mostly the AF regs or other common audio people are taking part in the contest and judging, which is what would have normally happened ANYWAY! I really would have liked to see more new faces/aliases/whatever =/

When the tankmen contest was mentioned, quite a few ppl thought it was cool and said so in the news-thread, but not so many unknown actually ventured to the forum and joined the show.

There needs to be more changes to make the AF+AP bigger, so just consider this a step on the way for the cause of making the AP a better place.

Anyhow, I'd like to join the contest but I'm pretty sure there will be 5 more popular and skilled artists than I who will also be participating, and if I'm not going to get in the top 5 places when this thing is over, then it's not really worth the time. That and I have no fucking clue on how to make something sound "christmasy."

If you think like that, then you´ve lost already man! Positive thinking is the key, eh? :)

Anyway, if you dont think its worth your time, do you think making music in general is? Ppl make music for themselves, some make it for other, some make it for other reasons. Why not let the contest/collection be a reason and inspiration source of making an x-masish song? :)

And to make it x-mas-ish, just add a few bells and some "ho ho ho´s" or whatever :)

Wakka wakka

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 14:45:53

At 10/12/06 11:37 AM, Kirizzle wrote:
And what are you people doing by submitting your songs so early? That's not good strategy! You set the threshold and then everyone knows what they need to do to beat you! Everyone one of you should be spending the 2 weeks you still have left to perfect your songs and make them buttfucking tastic!

Believe me... I've thought of this. Since the day this contest was introduced.... I spent almost every waking hour designing my piece. And before I knew it... I had it exactly the way I wanted it. If I had kept it unsubmitted any longer... I would have added more to it... when it didn't need more. I may have set a bar for others to beat now... but I don't care... that just means that in the end... we'll have even better christmas music for the flash artists. :)

I can't wait to see the other entries... this contest is such a great idea.

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 16:23:41

At 10/12/06 02:45 PM, MilkMan-Dan wrote: I can't wait to see the other entries... this contest is such a great idea.

Yea, I still need to listen to your's as well, I'll go check it out nooow.

And... hmm, I might make an x-mas song for the collection then, I dunno about entering teh contest though...

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 16:48:59

Hmm, no Video Game Catergory post yet...

Chronamut, I'm calling you out to be my rival! You man enough to take one my Garage Band Might (tm)?

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 17:57:06

At 10/12/06 04:52 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: I'm your worst rival! You will kneel before my classical epic X-Mas track! (when it's finished)

Will it be from the video game genre? If so, then you are on, continental boy!

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 18:42:06

At 10/11/06 10:44 PM, Spikrodd wrote: erm... um... lol? wait! >:( CONFUZZLE! :D

srry, had to get that out, now where was i? OH YES! Here's something I made. It's for a friend of mine... ... ... ...OKAY! so he's my 73 YR OLD GrAhNdAd! sheezh.!

LINQUAGE -------> THE FLIPPING SONG OMG LOL >:(

uh, the song i submitted was for the xmas thread, not the comp, just a quick thing i wanted to say! :)

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 18:44:47

good. >: (

Ok, so you're marked now for the next update as NON-CONTESTANT. :)

Good boy. :)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 21:27:42

ey dudes do you know when the deadline is?????????? Please PM/e-mail it to me please ;) thnx

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-12 21:57:40

alright well count me IN for the mufakin CONTEST my amigro. Just the word contest gives me total wood ;)

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature

Response to MAC6 - October 2006-10-13 21:11:26

At 10/12/06 06:44 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote: good. >: (

Ok, so you're marked now for the next update as NON-CONTESTANT. :)

Good boy. :)

i am going to compete tho, i wont do well, cuz i got no xmas samples >:(