00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thais1324 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

299,013 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-25 11:16:58

I should've been a tad more clear as to avoid any bursting of bubbles but I still need to paint a whole lot of that city, due to my job spare time, hobby time is not as much as I'd hope for.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-26 04:50:06

At 6/25/08 07:55 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: On a topical note to please the others I finally finished my Imperial City after two years,

Two years? Wow.

Now you could play some pretty big cityfight matches.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-26 07:22:08

Big battles with that many buildings will most likely take around a day or a good afternoon to finish, as we all want to scale the tallest building and camp it until the other player climbs up in an attempt to unseat you. Too bad that those city streets are so thin otherwise I'd wheel out my Hellhammer for the occasion.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-26 16:34:24

You got any pics of the awesome city that your still working on?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-28 15:44:43

Pumping station Alpha

Pumping station Beta

Small ruins

Useless Sanctum

More will come later this week, sorry for the lateness but I've been busy!

WIP Baneblade

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-28 15:46:27

I played another game with my brother today, 950 pts a side, shut up I know but that was all he had in orks at the moment. See lists provided below:

Orks
Warboss - power klaw, twin-linked shoota, bosspole, 'eavy armour 100
Burna Boyz (5) - mek w. tools, kustom mega-blasta 75
Tankbustas (5) - nob, tankhammer, bomb-squigs (2) 95
Kommandos (6) - nob, power klaw, big shoota 100
Ork Boyz (14) - nob, power klaw, bosspole, big shoota, shootas 129
Ork Boyz (13) - nob, power klaw, bosspole, big shoota, sluggas 123
Trukk - red paint job 40
Warbikers (3) - nob, bosspole, big choppa 95
Looted Wagon - boomgun, big shootas (2), 'ard case, armour plates 135
Looted Wagon - big shoota, 'ard case, armour plates 60
Total: 952

Imperial Guard
Senior officer - bolt pistol, power weapon, trademark item 75
Veterans (2) - medic, standard bearer 22
Guardsmen (2) - meltagun 10
Mortar support squad - mortars 80
Junior officer - bolt pistol, power weapon 46
Veterans (2) - medic, laspistol, ccw 17
Guardsmen (2) - grenade launcher 8
Squad - flamer 66
Squad - grenade launcher, heavy bolter 78
Squad - grenade launcher, missile launcher 85
AF squad - flamer 66
Chimera - multi-laser, heavy bolter 85
Conscript platoon (20) - flamer (2) 98
Sentinel - autocannon, extra armour 55
Leman Russ - heavy bolters (3), heavy stubber 167
Total: 954

We played on a small table with an objective each, we tried the new "Command and Control" mission, where we each had to hold our own objective while trying to capture the one of your opponent. Several small ruins dotted the middle and we both had a ruined building in our deployment zone.

Long story short, by turn 6 I was completely wiped out. It started pretty well with my Russ wiping out most of the tank busters save for the Nob and my mortars killing several orks despite firing blind. The tide turned when my brother crashed his Trukk into my Russ, destroying both (we improvised on those rules a bit) Biggest letdown of all was my Sentinel, who managed to miss everything it fired at. Much to my insult my brother completely ignored it until he decided to charge it with a lone Kommando Nob with power klaw, taking two turns to tear it apart. I made a valiant last stand on my objective but was burned and stomped out by his burna boys.

All in all it was a fun game, despite me being wiped out completely. It had several great moments that just happened (a Looted Wagon exploded and took along half of a guardsman squad who just "happened to pass by on their way to the objective") and we both learned from this. Hopefully my brother is looking forward to August even more now, he bemoaned that he wanted more boys for his main mob of sluggas and choppas. He was smitten with his three Biker Boys though, they wiped out two infantry squads and my mortar squad, mostly through shooting, an amazing feat for Orks.

Rumour has it that the end of the year will see more Orks in a splash release, including the Battle Wagon, plastic Grots and plastic Storm Boys. I am very tempted to get a Battle Wagon, as the CAD drawings I've seen thus far look promising. Grots are still a wild rumour, but a big horde of plastic (maybe cy-grots) sounds good.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-28 19:26:32

Those pics show some great effort there Lieutenant, especially that sexy Baneblade.

Oh when I went to my local GW a few days ago it was confirmed by the workers there that the famed rumour of the new starter pack featuring over $200 worth of miniatures for $60 is true, and they said that it should be released either this fall or early winter. I cant freaking wait man.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-29 04:54:45

New starter set will be released around August or September, as WD 345 will have two freebees from the starter set included: a terminator with power fist and storm bolter and a nob with slugga and huge choppa.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-29 13:45:31

At 6/29/08 04:54 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: New starter set will be released around August or September, as WD 345 will have two freebees from the starter set included: a terminator with power fist and storm bolter and a nob with slugga and huge choppa.

What he said :D.

While I was there I also got to look at the 5th edition.....my god it was beautiful I almost cried, it also showed the new Plastic Drop pods for the SM's :D.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-29 15:38:46

Best of all they will cost around the same as a Rhino, around 18 quid and knowing GW they will most likely sell them in special boxed sets of three or with a tactical squad for a limited time at premium price.

I am personally more and more looking forward to the 5th edition, especially Black Reach as the minis in it are outstanding. A little low on variation but the details on the models are just superb. Best of all the models don't come with molded Ultramarine iconography, so you can paint them as any chapter you'd like.

The IG previews are also slowly trickling in, with a CAD drawing of the Valkyrie floating around alongside the greens of a supreme commissar with what looks to be separate arm options.

Expect more building pictures tomorrow, I had horrible light coming in all day long so instead I worked on my Baneblade and Hellhammer.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 02:13:26

At 6/29/08 03:38 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Best of all they will cost around the same as a Rhino, around 18 quid and knowing GW they will most likely sell them in special boxed sets of three or with a tactical squad for a limited time at premium price.

Man if they did that I would build up another SM army around it. :D

The IG previews are also slowly trickling in, with a CAD drawing of the Valkyrie floating around alongside the greens of a supreme commissar with what looks to be separate arm options.

You wouldnt happen to have any sources on those would you?

Expect more building pictures tomorrow, I had horrible light coming in all day long so instead I worked on my Baneblade and Hellhammer.

Can do

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 02:51:41

Here, scroll down for the actual images. You can click them for slightly larger views.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 05:21:19

At 6/30/08 02:51 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Here, scroll down for the actual images. You can click them for slightly larger views.

Wow. That new commissar looks awesome.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 07:05:36

Man those Valkyrie's are friggin sexy! I cant wait man, I just can't wait!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 08:09:24

At 6/30/08 07:05 AM, JaconWes wrote: Man those Valkyrie's are friggin sexy! I cant wait man, I just can't wait!

Please keep in mind that they might not see a general release until June/July 2009

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 14:43:27

At 6/30/08 08:09 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Please keep in mind that they might not see a general release until June/July 2009

-gets on knees- WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!
>:( FETHING GW ALWAYS BEING A TEASE!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-06-30 17:39:05

CAD drawings should give you a good indication that the model is still in the design phase. When they show off GREENS you can be sure that the model is still at least six to eight months away. When they show resin or metal casts of the model you can expect them to be released in two to three months, same for painted unreleased models.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-03 17:59:06

Here's the upcoming release schedule for 40k for the coming year:

August: Space Marines
October: Black Reach
December: Space Wolves
May 2009: Imperial Guard (was originally slated for Fall / December but pushed back because Jervis wanted his Space Wolves)
Summer 2009: Planet Strike (which was slated for this year but postponed a year so that the design team could work out the plastic Thunderhawk kit)
Autumn 2009: Dark Eldar

Still in the pipe: Necrons, special Mission codex, a supplement for Kill-team and Combat Patrol, the Inquisition and maybe if time and funds allow for it, the Squats. That last thing is not a joke, but something Jervis admitted to.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-04 06:47:23

At 7/3/08 05:59 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote:
May 2009: Imperial Guard (was originally slated for Fall / December but pushed back because Jervis wanted his Space Wolves)

Long time to wait.

Add that to my wait list along with Gears of War 2, Halo Wars and Endwar.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-04 19:05:27

At 7/4/08 06:47 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote:
Long time to wait.

Add that to my wait list along with Gears of War 2, Halo Wars and Endwar.

Aye I concur, and DoW II is supposed to be coming out sometime around that too! Im so excited!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-05 07:23:17

Choices have to be made, I'm postponing my PC upgrade until Summer next year, IG takes priority with me on this.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-06 20:01:51

Faithful Sword: Part 1

I tried my hand at some fiction in the 40k universe. For the most part its the only one I deemed fit to be put on the internet. I'd appreciate some critique or helpful pointers if it can be given.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-09 12:06:09

I got my hands on a 5th edition rulebook, expect a review of it some time this week.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-09 14:19:12

At 7/9/08 12:06 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: I got my hands on a 5th edition rulebook, expect a review of it some time this week.

-tears well in my eyes at the thought of its glory- Ohhhhhhhh mah gawwwwd.

On a second note I'm still writing Part 2, and probably wont be able to fathom its finishing til maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-09 15:25:45

August: Space Marines: Sounds good but haven't the space marines been updated enough? The Necrons need an update! (So little army choice and they all look the same).

October: Black Reach: Thats the new boxed set isn't it? Sounds great and I will need to buy one, little rulebook, £135ish worth of models and some boxed set only leaders, all for £40! Hope it comes with a paintbrush too.
December: Space Wolves: Space Wolves and Blood Angels both need some updating, the blood angels remind me of a time I was in a GW on an events day and this guy was being a rules freak about bikes to my friend, they both had blood angels.

May 2009: Imperial Guard (was originally slated for Fall / December but pushed back because Jervis wanted his Space Wolves): Damn Jervis :( Imperial guards with Trenchcoats and HOPEFULLY new Pyskers will be the coolest things ever, when they Come out I plan to spend about £50+ to "Update" my army.

Summer 2009: Planet Strike (which was slated for this year but postponed a year so that the design team could work out the plastic Thunderhawk kit): Is that going to be a new campaign or a new boxed set? Though plastic Thunderhawks will be an improvement over the £400 ($800) Resin Forge World ones.

Autumn 2009: Dark Eldar: I hate the dark Elder but, the Imperium needs a bad guy that isn't crazy cultists or orks or Tau or Space Pirates or Necrons etc....

"Maybe if time and funds allow for it, the Squats. That last thing is not a joke, but something Jervis admitted to" What are the Squats, I've heard they were space dwarfs or something that the tyranids (Hope thats how you spell it) killed?

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-09 18:50:44

At 7/9/08 02:19 PM, JaconWes wrote:
At 7/9/08 12:06 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: I got my hands on a 5th edition rulebook, expect a review of it some time this week.
-tears well in my eyes at the thought of its glory- Ohhhhhhhh mah gawwwwd.

On a second note I'm still writing Part 2, and probably wont be able to fathom its finishing til maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Thus far I am liking the style and layout. Don't expect a rule rundown from me, I'll stick to the fluff and campaign sections instead. All I can say is that the veteran system for campaigns rocks. Infantry ca roll on three tables and vehicles on one. The latter gain especially good upgrades like +1 to armour on all sides and +1 to BS

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-09 18:57:51

At 7/9/08 03:25 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: August: Space Marines: Sounds good but haven't the space marines been updated enough? The Necrons need an update! (So little army choice and they all look the same).

Necrons will get a FAQ update later this year and a revision around 2010

October: Black Reach: Thats the new boxed set isn't it? Sounds great and I will need to buy one, little rulebook, £135ish worth of models and some boxed set only leaders, all for £40! Hope it comes with a paintbrush too.

Hobby sets with paint, glue and brushes will be released later this year.

December: Space Wolves: Space Wolves and Blood Angels both need some updating, the blood angels remind me of a time I was in a GW on an events day and this guy was being a rules freak about bikes to my friend, they both had blood angels.

Blood Angels recently got their codex redone, it can be downloaded from the GW site. Space Wolves are slated for December, they are the last of the marine mini-codex books to be revised.

May 2009: Imperial Guard (was originally slated for Fall / December but pushed back because Jervis wanted his Space Wolves): Damn Jervis :( Imperial guards with Trenchcoats and HOPEFULLY new Pyskers will be the coolest things ever, when they Come out I plan to spend about £50+ to "Update" my army.

No greatcoat guard as of yet, the new Russ pattern however has been confirmed. It will have four autocannons and multi-melta sponsons. Source: page 142-143 of the 5th edition rulebook. NO new psykers, the current psyker models are not that old as of yet. I am hoping for new Rough Riders, Priests and Ratlings, those models date back to the 2nd/3rd edition.

Summer 2009: Planet Strike (which was slated for this year but postponed a year so that the design team could work out the plastic Thunderhawk kit): Is that going to be a new campaign or a new boxed set? Though plastic Thunderhawks will be an improvement over the £400 ($800) Resin Forge World ones.

You can also expect a plastic Thunderbolt kit in all likeliness.

Autumn 2009: Dark Eldar: I hate the dark Elder but, the Imperium needs a bad guy that isn't crazy cultists or orks or Tau or Space Pirates or Necrons etc....

DE are the only army really behind on revisions, they sorely need the revision and fast.

"Maybe if time and funds allow for it, the Squats. That last thing is not a joke, but something Jervis admitted to" What are the Squats, I've heard they were space dwarfs or something that the tyranids (Hope thats how you spell it) killed?

Yes, Squats have been killed off because they were a joke race. They will be replaced at some point by the Demiurg.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-10 13:31:17

At 7/9/08 06:57 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote::

2010? Wow, a while to wait for those poor Necron players, always liked the models look but their just wasn't enough choice for me

Yeah, but I would like to get a free paintbrush with the boxed set, it would be nice to get the models the rulebook and the brush all in a box...

Blood Angels recently got their codex redone, it can be downloaded from the GW site. Space Wolves are slated for December, they are the last of the marine mini-codex books to be revised.

Really? I never really visit the GW site, nothing much gets updated on it apart from new miniatures which I know about from White Dwarf.

No greatcoat guard as of yet, the new Russ pattern however has been confirmed. It will have four autocannons and multi-melta sponsons. Source: page 142-143 of the 5th edition rulebook. NO new psykers, the current psyker models are not that old as of yet. I am hoping for new Rough Riders, Priests and Ratlings, those models date back to the 2nd/3rd edition.

Shame about the greatcoat guard, though more types of Leman Russ can only be a good thing for the 004th Cromthland Crusaders. I think the ratlings need updated too, the current ones don't fit into any imperial guard army very well. Though I would like the priests and Pyskers to be updated, I don't mind the current priests but after the new commissars came out (Some of the best models in the game for looks in my opinion) I feel the pyskers are laking.

So, its just a release of some new PLASTIC aircraft miniatures? Hope they do it well, and make it cheapish, anything over £100 and I won't be able to buy...

DE are the only army really behind on revisions, they sorely need the revision and fast.

I think the dark elder don't have any psykers either, I could be wrong but I don't remember any...

Yes, Squats have been killed off because they were a joke race. They will be replaced at some point by the Demiurg.

Demiurg? Sounds like a better name, I'm guessing they would be a heavy infantry/lots of tanks army...

PS: I found a warhammer website that sells them roughly 25% cheaper with free postage, link
here

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-10 14:06:55

New White Dwarf came today, nothing to much interesting about 40k except they have started doing "tale of 4 gamers" again. My imperial guard army (2000 pts) is almost finished.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2008-07-10 16:32:13

At 7/10/08 01:31 PM, sirbobsalot2 wrote: At 7/9/08 06:57 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote::
2010? Wow, a while to wait for those poor Necron players, always liked the models look but their just wasn't enough choice for me

You can't win them all sadly and some armies are higher on the priority list.

Yeah, but I would like to get a free paintbrush with the boxed set, it would be nice to get the models the rulebook and the brush all in a box...

A Black Reach paint set will be released on the 6th of September for $22 containing a brush, some paints and models.

Really? I never really visit the GW site, nothing much gets updated on it apart from new miniatures which I know about from White Dwarf.

Blood Angels codex (UK SITE ONLY)

Shame about the greatcoat guard, though more types of Leman Russ can only be a good thing for the 004th Cromthland Crusaders. I think the ratlings need updated too, the current ones don't fit into any imperial guard army very well. Though I would like the priests and Pyskers to be updated, I don't mind the current priests but after the new commissars came out (Some of the best models in the game for looks in my opinion) I feel the pyskers are laking.

The current psykers are designed for the Cadian range. They will not be replaced or supplemented any time soon due to their young release age.

So, its just a release of some new PLASTIC aircraft miniatures? Hope they do it well, and make it cheapish, anything over £100 and I won't be able to buy...

Thunderbolt might cost somewhere along $40. I'd be more worried about the plastic Thunderhawk, which is a outright beast that is 19" and 17" wide! Twice as long as a plastic Baneblade and twice as wide.

I think the dark elder don't have any psykers either, I could be wrong but I don't remember any...

No they don't.

Demiurg? Sounds like a better name, I'm guessing they would be a heavy infantry/lots of tanks army...

Current info on the Demiurg is scarce but they are space miners who are allies with the Tau.

BBS Signature