00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Notking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

297,896 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-24 03:42:57

Greetings fellow 40K players,

I come with a cry of help. I feel the need for Warhammer and 40K players to unite, to put aside the petty rivals between our armies and unite!

I think that Newgrounds could use some more Warhammer and 40K content. And I mean not the crappy pics that move and make a totall ass of our hobby, but animated or stop motion movies. For the animated catagory I have no examples but for the stop motion I have this one:
Warhammer 40k: Gauntlet
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=77093

I hope that people will find the inspiration to try and submit more Warhammer and 40K movies.

So, load your bolters, pulserifles and splinterrifles!
Sharpen your talons, blades and choppa's!
Mount your Chimera's, Raiders and trukks, for 40K will be coming over to Newgrounds!(Or so I hope...)

Trooper Brookman
(First of the many or first of the last)

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-24 05:22:05

i like warhammmer my faviot ones are the tynarids cant spelll it right ok

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-24 05:22:48

I own your club!

Well, the steps to recruiting people on NG are:
1. Get a bit of familiarity around the General forum, get to know some users, make soime friends.
2. If you want to make a game, your are welcomed to go over to the Flash forum to ask if anyone's interested.
3. Make a club about Warhammer

Well, Warhammer seemed pretty expensive anyways... I always liked Magic better. But many friends of mine played those strategie games with figurines, mostly Mage Knight.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-24 06:14:18

If I had the money I'd buy warhammer, but I don't. 40K is nowhere near as good as Warhammer.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-24 11:58:38

Games Workshop made The art of WH40k disapear who was just making a little fun of the rules. This must not happen on NG !

You, guy, are a saint, the Emperor is leading your path. I'm with you. Warhammer 40000 players of NG, UNITE.
You motivated me, I'm starting to build a scenario for some 40k flash.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-25 16:40:40

1. I'm not a owner, just a guy with an idea. I don't know anybody around here in flash, I'm just a Newgrounds user. But if you wan't to lead the way be my guest.

2. Its spelled Tyranids

3. Me a Saint... Perhaps when I die in a characteristic and painfull 40K death, perhaps then i'll be honored by the Guardsmen as Saint Brookman, protector of the lasgun.

All I can say for now is spread the word.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-04-25 18:35:42

I haven't played 40k in years, I no longer have my army, I'm trying to build a Warhammer Vampire Counts ary now (Wait in 40k i had space wolves, in Warhammer I have vampires, what is it with me and fangs?)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-06 14:10:43

Since I can't draw I'll try to use sprites.

This is still alpha stuff and I'm still working on my flash skills.

On the left is a Battle Sister and on the right a Guardsman holding a autogun. (REMEMBER THAT THIS IS STILL IN ITS ALPHA STATE!!!)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-11 20:27:12

Isnt somebody already makeing a warhammer flash? cause i saw a preview for it

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-11 20:34:27

dark elders right here baby

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-12 22:07:10

At 5/11/03 08:34 PM, Mattyboy302 wrote: dark elders right here baby

eldar! get it right! Stupid Mon-Keigh

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-16 10:50:08

Well you don't have to tell me about Forgeworld. They make the best vehicle kits around. Its a shame that they overprice them. At least its better then that shitty US company Armorcast. They really sucked...

But I'll be trying to sprite several Forgeworld models (Baneblade anyone?).

And to all the non-Imperial Guard players who hate me because I won't sprite Necrons, Space Marines Tau or Eldar all I have to say is "Do it yourself!" You people always say "Oh, it has no Tyranids! It sucks!"

Perhaps lateron I'll try to sprite other races, but for now i'' just sprite the Imperial Guard/Mon'Keigh/Gue'la.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-16 20:14:38

Tyranids are the best no questions

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-18 12:31:17

By the way, I'm Lord Commander Arsh. Master of the Night's Drinkers chapter, sons of Sanguinius.

I'm currently on a mix Clock Crew/Space Hulk, and I'll do some full 40k movies or even games after that.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-22 10:49:56

At 5/20/03 02:01 PM, FireBall-X wrote: how many point army?
they thats a nice pic in your profile!!

I have something between 2000/2500 pts, but my army needs a little additional improvement.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-05-22 14:11:12

I am Marshall Vortigen of the 23rd Atratus Crusade of the Black Templars!

I also collect a 1500 point Necron army, which is better painted although I prefer me Black Templars in games. ^_^

Newgrounds is a website for 13 year olds who cannot understand the difference between "there", "their" and "they´re".

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-06-19 03:39:31

Just a question of general interest.

Are any of you guys going to partake in the infamous "Eye of Terror" campaign? I'm just wondering though, cause when I look at the stakes GW is willing to take. Either way the stakes are really high when I look at them.

If Chaos wins: Cadia is lost(Shocktroopers gone as well?) and a new invasion of Terra will commence.

If the Imperium wins: Space Marine Legions are to be reinstated (Chapters of 1000 wil be upgraded to legions of several thousand, this would make the Ultra Marines the largest legion once more!) and the Imperium will start a new crusade against all the terretory lost and attempt to wipe out several alien species(the Tau and Orks are number one priority).

But, as a Imperial player I am happy to report that there have already been several Imperial victories over the forces of disorder!

Somehow I think that this campaign will end in a tie.

Please tell me what you guys think about all of this!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-06-25 12:58:35

I heard some rumours about GW making some great fluff modification (some of them telling about the definitive death of the Emperor !) long before the campaign started, and since I prefer when the Emperor is alive, I'll do what I can to fight this new dark crusade.

I don't know what to think about it. First if the legion are reunite, all the "minor chapter" from Black Templar to my Night's Drikers are obsolete (and their players too). Also, if the Emperor die, Chaos wins, the galaxy is screwed and there isn't any way to continue without trashing the fluff. And a tie would be annoying.

I just hope that GW (who has already destroyed a lot of the universe since the 2nd edition) doesn't transform WH40k into a remake of Teletubies.

I'll post my progress in the campaign.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-09 01:58:19

Excellent. I was beggining to think no-one in new grounds did warhammer. I have a thousand sons army, and plan to put them to good use in the eye of terror. The webways shall be ours.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-09 13:36:44

i used to play it. i had a dark eldar and an ork army. i liked converting thins, but when it came to painting i scuked, and gave up on the army. :( ive wsted about £250+ quids on those dam thing, most of which ened up in the bin or in the cupborad, crappily painted.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-09 21:13:47

I think that if we plan to take this club even mildly seriously, we should set up a command group. Or will this end up being one of those clubs that doesn't have any members and people just talk and go as they please? Either way is fine with me. I'm just glad that there are people on newgrounds who know about warhammer.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-10 03:51:53

I agree. I say we appoint some people to the command group or board of directors, HQ or whatever you wish to call it :P. I'm not volanteering for a position there 'cause I'm really sloppy at orginizing stuff (I'm having trouble structuring an Imperial Guard army of 100+ men already). I'm just a member, nothing more, nothing less.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-10 11:39:40

Alright then:
Attention everyone who would like to join!!!
If you would like to become a or the leader in this group, just say something and We'll make a list.
I guess the positions would
General:
Second in Command:
Person Who Keeps Track of All the Members:
I voulanteer to be the second in commmand, as I couldn't be first.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-11 23:14:46

TYRANIDS RULE! FEAR THEM! MUAHHAHAHAHHAHAH and such..

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-15 10:42:42

At 7/10/03 11:39 AM, Monakai wrote: I guess the positions would
General:
Second in Command:
Person Who Keeps Track of All the Members:
I voulanteer to be the second in commmand, as I couldn't be first.

We could show our membership with a link in our signature.

We need a General, but I don't think I would fit. But I'll gladly keep track of the members. We need someone dedicated to be our leader.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-22 05:26:43

Gretings fellow overfiends and commanders,

I have two points.

1.) There's one thing we should try to keep to a minimum, it's rather annoying (Atleast in my opinion). I know every commander has a certain ego level and thinks his army is the best. Fine by me, but keep it out of this BBS for now.

Posts like:"OMFG! I liek teh Tyarnids. They ownz. You all suk! Especcially u gaurdmen!"

(I've only taken a Tyranid player as example, PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OFFENDED 'NID PLAYERS! I respect every army as a good commander should. Except for Squats. 'Nuff said.)

Perhaps if you put some trace of the army(ies) that you play in your signature, it would be better.

2.) Also, the group should not be dependant on one leader, commander, hive mind or Warboss. As said before, three of four 'leaders' would be much more ideal. This could also include the aide or scribe who keeps track with the members thus far. See it as a sort of council. I'll throw myself in as a councilmember. (There's always room for a Imperial Guards lieutenant between the traitors and xeno's!)

That was all,
For the Emperor, For Cadia and for Honour!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-24 14:32:20

Alright, people. Please don't move much while I'm counting you...

WH40k players or interested people who have posted here :
1 Lieutenant_Brookman
2 LEON_S_KENNEDY
3 BoltgunClock
4 Mattyboy302
5 mr_man922
6 Blackmagic
7 -Sphere-
8 Monakai
9 Mint
10 -MOLE-
Are potentially members.

Sphere, you were right :)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-24 14:34:45

Now. let's talk about our movies :
You don't have to make movies about 40k, it's just one of the subjects here and there is a enough things to talk about here for the non flash develloper.
So, have you started/planed some 40k movies ? What it will look like if it yes ?

For me, Clock Day it's coming at 15th August so I'm focused on Clock movies, but I plan to make a platform game where you take control a Space Marine Scout (not much details right now) along with "Space Hulk class B", a parody of Space Hulk and dungeon crawling.

PS : Finally I don't think I'll play this Eye of Terror thingy.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-25 11:23:28

Greetings,

I've been thinking of a way to our members know that they are members (Sounds pretty stupid, yet obvious. But afterall I'm a Guardsman, so go figure!). Perhaps our members could put the line "Warhammer 40.000 Crew"(Note to our Orky members; the word "crew" may be written with a "K") in their signature as BoltGunClock started. Its not required, but would make it alot easier to identify a member.

As for a movie. I've been toying with the idea of creating a flashmovie about 40k with sprites including IG and Chaos. The project is on a backshelf for now. I'm still learning flash, its a harsh mistress...(Much like a Daemonette that charges you full lust...) The project was dubbed "Heroes of the Imperium" and aimed at enlightening the Imperial Guard.(They basicly get killed by plague zombies and Death Guard marines) Creating the proper sprites also proves to be a bitch.

My absence is quite simple. I visited the GW on-line store and was blown away by the Cadian Army deal. I couldn't eat or sleep until I could order one at my local GW store. Soon my ranks will swell with new recruits and I can finally crush the enemy in a Imperial manner: Like a sledgehammer on a nut!

Until then,

Lt. Brookman
13th Cadian Irregulars

Thought for the day (Or perhaps famous last words?).
Daemon prince of Khorne? He doesn’t look much tougher than my wife!

(Picture below property of 40k Cantina)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-25 16:12:48

Greetings,

Just because I'm top of the list does not mean that I'm in command.

One person in command has too much power. It must be dispersed amongst the council, conclave or command section(Or Inner Circle for the many Dark Angel players around.)

Also, don't stick to numbers for members, its only used to keep track of the number of members. You are not a number five or a no. 10 or a no. 99. You are a member, not a statistic.

That is all,

Lt. Brookman
13th Cadian ()

Thought for today(Or perhaps famous last words?).

Do not fret about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about the tank shell with the line "To whom it concerns!"

BBS Signature