00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thedemonsareus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,716 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-09 04:35:59

Damn there's a lotta little kids running around in here! It's starting to feel like a Saturday at a GW. I've just posted a complete planet and army history for my Imperial Guard Regiment on my website (Click the Sig!) Which helpfully explains my cackhanded force organisation. The Internet is a wonderful thing. It's pretty tongue in cheeck, with a few IG references (Schaeffer's sponsorship deal, etc.) so check it out on the 'seigg 8' page if yer interested.

What happened about people posting their 40k crew GD entries? I was looking forward to seeing a little creativity o hee for a change. Wonderful as Dawn of War is, this little piggy wants to see some back to basics stuff, so get your miniatures out boys! Here's a little something i snapped the other day during parade:

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-09 05:08:40

At 5/9/05 04:35 AM, SeedyKay wrote:
What happened about people posting their 40k crew GD entries? I was looking forward to seeing a little creativity o hee for a change. Wonderful as Dawn of War is, this little piggy wants to see some back to basics stuff, so get your miniatures out boys! Here's a little something i snapped the other day during parade:

Yea well i dont got any of the minatures or paints(and the right combonation of digital camera and USB cabel)so i cant enter in a GD minature otherwise i would try to enter one.Anyway those minatures look nicely painted(from my point of view anyway).

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-09 05:26:31

Und I can't paint even if my life depended on it, honest. Besides, I'd have to look really hard to find a 40k mini that's completely finished. The only mini that's really done is a Mordheim pirate queen. I really need to stop buying mini's and paint more often, I am weak. But, I got my eye on that Chaos Defiler (Plans are in me head to change it into a walking Imperial tank.), wont it ever stop!

So there you have it, my hidden weakness.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-09 20:05:27

I agree with Seedykay! How do little kids take control of things nowadays? It's been awhile since I have posted here and yes, I miss those good days where someone brought up a question and it was funny. Remember that one time I brought up the topic of what kind of things Space Marines would want in their happy meal? That was great.

Anyway, I just need that voice for a flash I'm doing.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 03:13:34

Okay, I'll throw up a question, let's ee how this goes.

As we all know, GW is busy revising most of the older armies for the new and fast version of the 4th edition. My question is, should GW spend their time on revising the old Codex armies first (Tyranids are the current patient, the Orks are next followed by the Eldar and Dark Eldar), or should GW carry on and implement that third Inquisition force (Ordo Xenos A.K.A. Alien Hunters) or that Adeptus Mechanicus codex that Jes Goodwin has been itching on for ages now?

I'd like to see neutral answers here, not the twelve-year old replies of "OMFG! I liek teh Eldar, so tehy go first u homo!" I'd like to know why.

Right, if this question is too far fetched for some, can't blame me for trying.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 04:36:44

At 5/10/05 03:13 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Okay, I'll throw up a question, let's ee how this goes.
should GW spend their time on revising the old Codex armies first (Tyranids are the current patient, the Orks are next followed by the Eldar and Dark Eldar), or should GW carry on and implement that third Inquisition force (Ordo Xenos A.K.A. Alien Hunters) or that Adeptus Mechanicus codex that Jes Goodwin has been itching on for ages now?

Hmmm i have uhhh lets say "limited" knoledge of what your typeing up but il try and answer.Well Personaly i thingk that fleshing out the other races a little more would be great(i probably wont hear anything from in it thogh until someone puts up limited revisions of the races in there fan sites) but so would that third inquesition force.hmmm it is a very tougf question man...at least to me...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 04:47:05

I just downloaded the demo For the Tau mod and i have to say im impresed with what has been acomplished so far.There are a few bugs and not everything is finished but it is still pretty good.Here are some screenshots i took hope you like them...

http://photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=FireWarriors.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...;current=Skinlessbuildings.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...amp;current=Wehavesomeorks.jpg

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 17:49:39

At 5/10/05 04:47 AM, Gladius1000 wrote: I just downloaded the demo For the Tau mod and i have to say im impresed with what has been acomplished so far.There are a few bugs and not everything is finished but it is still pretty good.Here are some screenshots i took hope you like them...

http://photobucket.com/albums/...w&current=FireWarriors.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...;current=Skinlessbuildings.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/...amp;current=Wehavesomeorks.jpg

wow. Thats cool. I didn't even know they were making mods for the game.
What website did you get it from?
Is is GW making mods? or is it other people with skill doing it?

Anyway looks cool. I might get dawn of war now.. If only they'd make The Tyranids. :(

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 19:54:23

At 5/10/05 05:49 PM, WarLud13 wrote:

wow. Thats cool. I didn't even know they were making mods for the game.
What website did you get it from?
Is is GW making mods? or is it other people with skill doing it?

Anyway looks cool. I might get dawn of war now.. If only they'd make The Tyranids. :(

Any and all mods are made unoficaly by fans.Check the Dawn of war forum and Dawn of war files for th mods...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-10 21:48:21

Tell you the truth, I think they should work on the supplement codexes. I'd like to see some updated versions of Blood Angels, or something. Maybe a few models, some bonuses. You know, the whole taco.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 04:10:39

At 5/10/05 03:13 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Okay, I'll throw up a question, let's ee how this goes.

As we all know, GW is busy revising most of the older armies for the new and fast version of the 4th edition. My question is, should GW spend their time on revising the old Codex armies first (Tyranids are the current patient, the Orks are next followed by the Eldar and Dark Eldar), or should GW carry on and implement that third Inquisition force (Ordo Xenos A.K.A. Alien Hunters) or that Adeptus Mechanicus codex that Jes Goodwin has been itching on for ages now?

I'd like to see neutral answers here, not the twelve-year old replies of "OMFG! I liek teh Eldar, so tehy go first u homo!" I'd like to know why.

Right, if this question is too far fetched for some, can't blame me for trying.

hmmmmmm.... That's a tough one. on the one hand, it makes sense to update all the armies first, to get the hardcore players up to speed with the new rules for their armies. On the other hand, me wantee Ordo Xenus!

Knowing GW, they'll go reeeeal slow with the new stuff, because they usually sell loads, so GW will want to stagger the new releases to keep the cash flowing.

Though better would be to put everything on standby, and give me more more IG regiments! Tallarn, Mordians, praetorians, Vallhallans! And make some plastic steel legion troops too, i want plastic gas mask heads! what a conversion treasure trove that would be!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 04:31:49

At 5/11/05 04:10 AM, SeedyKay wrote:
Though better would be to put everything on standby, and give me more more IG regiments! Tallarn, Mordians, praetorians, Vallhallans! And make some plastic steel legion troops too, i want plastic gas mask heads! what a conversion treasure trove that would be!

Heh indeed.It would be intresting to see what people would come up with....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 05:10:37

New Tallarn I hear you beckon? Well well well, It seems forgeworld have jumped the gun and realeased some sexy sexy new rough riders riding some xenos beast called a Mukaali, Its a very undetailed gangly thing but I like it.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/TALLARN.html

Oh and its my first post in a while so. Hello :D.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 05:34:13

Yes, we know the Forge World will be releasing the new Tallarn, next up on their list is a heavy weapons crew spue, after that infantry. The Tallarn tank commander and the Mukaali riders are but a preview of what is to come. My intuition tells me that FW will also do resin Death Korps of Krieg troops, MARK MY WORDS AND MARK THEM WELL!

Mind you, GW will not re-release the Steel Legion as plastics, not while the metal models are doing so great. Besides, GW is going to release the Valhallans as plastics first. Hopefully the Mordians as well, I'm missing those rigid blighters!

On the Space Marines, the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves will be getting new codice, full size this time, not the flimsy books that act as additions to the Space Marine codex. Things just need to be balanced out, don't give them even more bonus crap, with the new SM codex they already got alot of new and in my eyes unfair things, give the special chapters even more and it will be bloody murder. Unless you overprice the units and balance it all out.

So we currently have on the revision list:
- Tyranids - New cool rules, new range of mini's
- Orks - New vehicles
- Eldar- several old mini's need to be replaced
- Dark Eldar- a whole new mini range

New armies that can appear any time:
- Ordo Xenos - Alien allies, Squats in retinues, who knows?
- Adeptus Mechanicus - A myth, but a boy can dream right?

What also would be neat are more of those Codex: Warzones books, such as Cityfight. We could use one on Jungle terrain, seeing as not every blighter likes to buy Codex: Catachans.

Enough out of me, the backyard needs another spray of napalm, the Yehova's are clawing back to the surface.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 17:56:14

At 5/11/05 05:34 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

On the Space Marines, the Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves will be getting new codice, full size this time, not the flimsy books that act as additions to the Space Marine codex.

Rock on!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 17:57:55

Oh and by the way, if anyone cares to talk to me on the subject on Warhammer 40k, my new AIM name is Causalspark. And no, I didn't spell casual wrong. The word is Causal. It's a word.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 19:27:34

At 5/10/05 04:47 AM, Gladius1000 wrote: I just downloaded the demo For the Tau mod and i have to say im impresed with what has been acomplished so far.There are a few bugs and not everything is finished but it is still pretty good.Here are some screenshots i took hope you like them...

Three things to say

I didnt know you could have tau in dawn of war when i get it ill probly die

I have a serious question, since i officialy dont have a army or scouting party yet i need info pros and cons on the following races to help me pick my army.

Imperial Guard
Eldar
Tau
Space Marine

heres another question (that i already know) : Who is the actuall good guy fighting for peace?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 21:21:48

At 5/11/05 07:27 PM, ScumOfTheEarth wrote:
At 5/10/05 04:47 AM, Gladius1000 wrote:

Imperial Guard
Eldar
Tau
Space Marine

Imperial Guard- Quanity over Quality. More of a shooty army with excellent tanks, but their combat isn't the best. They also have a high armor rating, but each guy costs around 6 pts.

Eldar- Good weapons, but their armor and their close combat aren't that great

Tau- Good specials and weapons. I've only played them once, but I think they aren't that great in close combat either.

Space Marines- Quality over Quanity. Good for starter armies. Good weapons, armor, and close combat, but each is about 15 pts each. They also don't have a long list of vehicles to choose from.

I have the space marine blood angels. If you're about to start this game, I'd go with Space Marines, but that's just me.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-11 23:58:28

Well that eliminates tau and eldar.

Hmm lets see im sort of i guy that likes big armies...but i am also the kind of guy that gets the job done quick. But then again i like overwhelming the enemy but i also like showing off cool stuff. I may have to do

a. think this through ALOT
b. gather more info
c. kill myself

ahh! the irratation and tense decisions! i think i might go with c. no wait i think ill go with A. cause i think i praticly have enough info.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 01:31:43

At 5/11/05 07:27 PM, ScumOfTheEarth wrote:

Who is the actuall good guy fighting for peace?

Simple there are no good guys.THe Tau and regular Eldar are nutrelish while the other armys go down a slideing scale of evilness.All of the races are driven by(among other things) Power,Greed, xenophobia,And bloodlust.Here is what i know about the armys and how they stand on the evilness scale

The imperium(general)

The imperium is Very burocratic uncompromiseing and Xenophobic.The imperium has driven thousands of ailen races into extinctiontion out of there Xenophobea and they treat there solders as they would treat the rounds(or lasers) they fire.However they view all this(and sometimes rightfully so) as merely surviveing in a harsh and uncareing universe.

Chaos

Basicly THe most evil thing out there(that we know of)...nuf said(for a summary of course)

Orks

Orks are brutal and very very agressive.However they do not fight and kill and enslave out of choice alone because all orks are built for fighting and war is what orks do.

Eldar(regular)

THe eldar are actualy trying to save the universe from the chaos gods,But they will gladly destroy humanity(and any other race) while there doing it.In fact the Eldar birthed the chaos gods over a mellenia ago(in 40Ktime of course).They seek to destroy the Chaos gods.Nutrel..ish.

Dark eldar

Basicly the oposit of the regular eldar.They worship one of the chaos gods(wich one i forgot).THey raid mercelesly and take any survivors back to there base to be tourcherd for years on end and be killed at the dark eldars leisure.As the regular eldar seek to stop the chaos gods by destroying them the dark eldar seek to satiate the chaos gods thirst for blood and suffering.

Tau

THe tau are the other nutrelish race.They seek to bring the galaxy under there banner and are motivated by the grater good for there empier.

Necrons

Necrons fight to subjugate and reap the galaxy's lifeforms for there life force.

Tyranids

The tyranids like the necrons wish to harvest the biomass of the galaxy.However unlike the necrons the Tyranids wish to simply strip the galaxy clean of all biomass pack up and move on.

Ok corect me on any mistakes and on anything i left out.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 09:50:13

Actually, the Tau want to oppress the universe under their Greater Good. It's the Greater Good or death in their eyes. Much like Communism or current ruling state in the US.

The Eldar are the most arrogant race. Just ask Gav Thorpe and he'll tell you that they are just out to save their OWN skins, not the entire galaxy. Eldar are pansy cowards that steer away from conflict and redirect it at others, prime example being the second and third wars for Armageddon.

And yes, there are no good guys in 40k, people who think otherwise should clearly play Pokemon or, egh, DnD. Good guys are boring and set a stereotype that is not at home in 40k. Sure, you can say that your Tau army is full of good guys, but that's your opinion.

The Imperium is xeno-phobic yes, and fascist when it comes to mutants and psykers. They are controlled by a strong belief for the Emperor (The Ecclesiarchy is the official Imperial Cult or Church). Mankind is that one race that truely is struggling for survival, they are attacked from all sides and from within. No other race can such a high amount of terrain loss and gain as the Imperium.

The Dark Eldar indirectly worship Slaanesh, though do not serve that god. Their cult is something of a mix between Tzeentch, Slaanesh and Khorne. They are cruel slavers and torturers above all.

Chaos comes in five flavours: Khorne, Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh. The last is Undivided.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 13:45:36

And yes, there are no good guys in 40k, people who think otherwise should clearly play Pokemon or, egh, DnD. Good guys are boring and set a stereotype that is not at home in 40k. Sure, you can say that your Tau army is full of good guys, but that's your opinion.

Think of the Tau in the way people think of the US they're based on. If you think the US are liberating people for freedom and democracy (the greater good) then they're the good guys. If you think they're just rampaging around, conquering other nations under a false ideal so that no one realises they're just slicing themselves a nice big empire, then they're the bad guys.

Everyone hates Everyone in 40k. Victory for one, means the extinction of all the others. Just like real-life, they're are no good guys or bad guys, just those you choose to follow.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 18:48:25

seedy kay and brook are right horay!

after thinking for about 3 hours today i have decided that i shall go with

*drum roll*

SPACE MARINES!

why-since i just started 40k the space marines that are powerful in few numbers so there for they are sort of easier to build a strong army.(also cause they look cool and im trying to save money.) Has anyone noticed that some imperial guard look like vampires? i was looking at the minitures at GW and saw one dude like fangs creepy.
Now all i need are the following

1.location of a hobby town that sells kits in vegas,
2. minitures for my army
3. paint
4. painting skillz
5. special units to lead my troops
6. vehicles

-it was a grim day the scent of a thousand tyranids and thier shit polluted the once clean refresing air-

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 21:22:15

well.....on a totally unrelated topic...

You know the Tyranid codex? Well, i've always wondered why they never say where the Nid's come from or what they were created from, what happened to them..
Like they're history.

I mean, Necron codex tells about the Necrons, their home world, their fall, everything(almost)

Same with the Eldar(as far as i know anyway)

And the Tau...

Most about the Imperium..
(You get the point here?)

It seems like they just avoid the Tyranid's history entirely and just tell things about them that the Imperium know...
It just bugs me..

But i dont have the new codex...but i doubt they say anything there...If anyone knows if the new codex does tell stuff like that then...well.. tell me. =)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 22:58:45

on a topic related to my last...

HORAY!(hoorah) Since my birthday is comin up(in exactly 10 days) my dad will buy online the Battle For Macagree kit and a Razorback squad(one of the starter stuff). Then my mom will get DawnOfWar. Also im macagre there a nids included(something u should already know) and there under control by the my space marines(well thats what i wana think) plus two weeks after my birthday my friend and I will go to my house and we will battle eachother.. man is he in for a suprise i tricked him into giving me his nids thats a bout 40 tyranids, 35 spacemarines, and 1 razorback anganst 10 space marines. gee i wonder who will win? I am so going to kick his ass.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-12 23:01:59

Horahh my dad is going to but battle for macagre and a razorback squad for my birthday which is coming up in 10 days. my friend and i will come together after the party to my house to battle plus i tricked him into giving me his nids.

lets see:

40 tyranids, 35 spacemarines, 1 razorback vs 10 space marines

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-13 05:34:21

At 5/12/05 09:22 PM, WarLud13 wrote: well.....on a totally unrelated topic...

You know the Tyranid codex? Well, i've always wondered why they never say where the Nid's come from or what they were created from, what happened to them..
Like they're history.

It seems like they just avoid the Tyranid's history entirely and just tell things about them that the Imperium know...
It just bugs me..

I heard that.

Personally, I like the idea of the Tyranids being the mysterious super predator that just happened to creep upon our territory. (Speaking as an Imperial) My guess is that their history was alot like the Zerg from Starcraft, but seeing as Blizzard is more powerful then GW, they could slap a copyright onto that history.

Or, GW is keeping it under wraps for the time being. They are doing that all the time and here's the clever part with all those plotholes, they are intentional just so in the future GW can design or work with those holes. So, who knows what the future holds for out bitey bugs?

In other news, I finally decided to get myself one of those carrying cases and yes, I need another one seeing as my little Imperial Guard army is pretty damn big. I've switched from small groups of men with alot of vehicles to a force of 180 men diverted into five platoons and some mechanized elements, mainly two tanks (MBT and Demolisher), a Chimera and a Sentinel. Now to get this bitchload painted up for the summer campaign!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-13 07:31:46

The expansion for dow will have a new race, "The emperial guard" also the new patch has been released and everyone's statistics are screwed heheheh....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-13 08:28:40

At 5/13/05 07:31 AM, Dragonias wrote: The expansion for dow will have a new race, "The emperial guard" also the new patch has been released and everyone's statistics are screwed heheheh....

Thank you capatain obvios(sp).We already know that the imperial guard will be in Winter Assault and a few other things.Also i thingk most of us here have dawn of war and already have the patch instaled(i could be wrong thogh).

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-05-13 12:56:58

At 5/13/05 08:28 AM, Gladius1000 wrote:
At 5/13/05 07:31 AM, Dragonias wrote: The expansion for dow will have a new race, "The emperial guard" also the new patch has been released and everyone's statistics are screwed heheheh....

'emperial guard', lol! Things like that should anger me, but i'm too awestruck with the new miniatures forge world have on their website. i've been gone too long.

And that kid going on about vampires, are you sure you didn't just see some long fang space wolves. The oldies got big teeth, but i can't think of any guardsmen that do. i could be wrong, but i doubt it.

I like 'nids. They're all pretty badass looking, plus they're fun to kill, especially genestealers. Here's a little report from the game i played a couple of nights back.

[ 'Captain Catu saw the structure up ahead as he and his bodyguards reached the top of the hill. The Mining camp below was thick with smoke from small arms fire. He could just make out the unmanned defence cannon silhouetted against the camps floodlights. There was a desperate flurry of shots, though the sound was weak. “Small arms, Black Powder” he said to his Vox operator. As he did, the gunfire stopped abruptly, and screams filled the morning air. The screams changed from that of a man, to a chorus of hideous shrieks, a victory scream. Catu was experienced enough to know what was waiting down below, and that the colonists would have had no chance. It surprised him that they survived as long as they did. Lucky, he thought, as such a heroic death does not bless civilians often.
“Prepare to receive a charge” He called out to his platoon. The men immediately responded, two squads lined up in two rows, the tip of each lasgun stretched out, bayonets glinting in the morning sun. The last two squads moved into formation ahead of Catu, rifles aimed down into the valley, over the heads of the CQB squads. There was a tense silence, as the first of the Genestealers hurtled out from the buildings, jaws slathering with fury. Their screams filled the air, grating the spirits of the guardsmen stood waiting for them. The first row opened fire, dropping Genestealers in mid sprint, their dark corpses writhing on the ground as the burning las rounds cooked their entrails. Some of the creatures attempted to flee, only to be cut down in a withering hail of fire. Beast after Beast fell, until three got within striking distance. They leaped, hurtling across the field into the ranks of guardsmen. Two men were cut down as the aliens smashed into the forward squads, in response, the troops fought back, thrusting their rifles forward. The First stealer had been impaled on four raised rifles during its lunge, but the two remaining monstrosities fought back ferociously, razor claws sweeping through the air, cutting men down. Sergeant Ream managed to blindside one stealer, cutting it down with his chainsword, it’s dark blood spraying into the air as it’s writhing head was severed. The last creature fought on, bringing down two more men, until it dropped, a dozen bayonet gashes sapping it’s energy. The nearest men gathered round, ramming their blades into the ‘stealer’s face. Catu noted the look of righteous joy on their faces at extinguishing this abomination from the Emperors’ galaxy. The rest of the troops orderly moved bank into formation, ready for any other encounter. “Good work” shouted Catu. “Prepare to advance.” ] - Official report issued to Seigg civilian populace following engagement on 55637485.